Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I'm almost done watching cheers, gonna rewatch frasier right after this. because that's what you do.

Watching Cheers makes all the time Frasier tries to make Lilith seem like the bad guy on Frasier kind of mystifying. Frasier's such a huge rear end in a top hat to her throughout Cheers it was kinda no wonder she ended up cheating and leaving him. He sucks rear end on Cheers.

Also that Frasier episode where Martin insists that Fras's mom was so loving and accepting of everyone and it ends the conversation, lol. Maybe Martin doesn't know about Hester threatening to kill Diane. I could see maybe her asking Frasier to never tell Martin that.

I'm expecting too much from a show that forgot Frasier's dad was dead. Although I did like the way they got around that, that was a good episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's rather an implication that the Crane boys have extremely rose-tinted memories of Hester, if you read between the lines.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Frasier is written as a hugely unlikeable douche on Cheers, on Frasier he's a mostly likeable douche.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Frasier in general seems to take things a bit more seriously than Cheers seemed to. Frasier being left at the altar is shown as a legitimately lovely thing to do to someone that he's still traumatised over.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/kelsey-grammer-and-alec-baldwin-to-star-in-new-sitcom-from-modern-family-co-creator-2818144

gently caress is this now

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

We've decided to find it charming.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
That's no reboot then :(

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Fridge pants!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Watch the 3rd roommate turn out to be Charlie Sheen

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Two & a Half Addictions

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Eugene Levy

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The third roommate is also Kelsey grammrr, but with glasses and an accent

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Tsaedje posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36KuvCSmc8

Is there a single more perfect Frasier scene?

She was on the x files, too! She was typecast even before Frasier, I suspect

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I've decided on my fiftieth or whatever watch through of frasier that I don't actually have to sit through that episode where daphne pretends to be married to niles to trick her ex into going away and it backfires. I don't have to torture myself.

I think that's my least favorite episode.

my favorite joke in Frasier was during the dog psychiatrist episode when they're lecturing Martin

Well, dad, neneneneenene.

Hmm hmm! Yaddayaddayaddayadda yaddayadda

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I love the bit where Niles and then Frasier end up in a swordfight.

I think Maris might literally be Olive Oyl.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skratte posted:

I've decided on my fiftieth or whatever watch through of frasier that I don't actually have to sit through that episode where daphne pretends to be married to niles to trick her ex into going away and it backfires. I don't have to torture myself.

my favorite joke in Frasier was during the dog psychiatrist episode when they're lecturing Martin

Well, dad, neneneneenene.

Hmm hmm! Yaddayaddayaddayadda yaddayadda

There are definitely episodes I skip. Greeks--obviously--, Dr. Mary, The Friend, the Daphne Fat bullshit and some others from the later seasons.

My favorite underrated joke is when Roz discovers Niles' dead bird in the freezer.

"OH MY GOD!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I love the bit where Niles and then Frasier end up in a swordfight.

I think Maris might literally be Olive Oyl.

Irresistablé?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Skratte posted:

Two Mrs. Cranes is your least favorite episode? I know some people itt have been rankled by Taking Liberties which is the ep I thought you were referring to until I re-read your post.

I mean even if you don't like it, it has everything that makes a great Frasier episode. The situational and dramatic irony that basically defines the show in the popular imagination is front and center, it's tightly written and full of great face acting. DHP's read on "my brother is impotent!" :haw: kills me every time, along with Frasier's defeated acknowledgment in response.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Irresistablé?

Tchah!

Tchah!

OHkay.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

mojo1701a posted:

I was so glad when he finally got a decent haircut. I don't know what you call it when a bald dude has wavy long-ish hair behind his head, but it's terrible.

you call him "maestro"

dangerstepp
Apr 8, 2019
I hate Frasier Crane.

-Derek Mann, Mann About Town

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Two Mrs. Cranes is your least favorite episode? I know some people itt have been rankled by Taking Liberties which is the ep I thought you were referring to until I re-read your post.

I mean even if you don't like it, it has everything that makes a great Frasier episode. The situational and dramatic irony that basically defines the show in the popular imagination is front and center, it's tightly written and full of great face acting. DHP's read on "my brother is impotent!" :haw: kills me every time, along with Frasier's defeated acknowledgment in response.

sorry man I hate it, it's torture to sit through.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

dangerstepp posted:

I hate Frasier Crane.
^this is a worse episode.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

dangerstepp posted:

I hate Frasier Crane.

-Derek Mann, Mann About Town

I find him pompous and sanctimonious, personally

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

hard counter posted:

a few days ago i watched eight men out, a movie about the 1919 'black' sox scandal in baseball, and mahoney was great in it as kid gleason

dude was definitely talented
He does a great job in Say Anything, where he basically has to play a manipulative dick that you still have some empathy for.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Mahoney has a minor role in Tin Men that he does a really good job with.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Mahoney is The Other Man in Moonlighting, a film where Nick Cage has a wooden arm

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The episode of Modern Family where Roz is the hooker really threw me for a loop. She pretty much plays Roz, too.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I don’t know if it was mentioned, but Mahoney played a recurring role in one of the seasons of the Gabriel Byrne show ‘In Treatment’ and he was fantastic.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 22, 2020

Progject
Apr 23, 2006

Remember the one where Mike Judge plays the instructor for a... what was it, anger management class? Sexual harrassment? I can't remember, but he played the "mm'kay" persona.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i just watched the BMO adventure time special on hbo and a knockoff of bmo sings tossed salad and scrambled eggs out of nowhere, for no reason

based on other characters singing the cheers theme song in the main series one can only conclude that only kelsey grammar sitcoms survive the apocalypse

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Progject posted:

Remember the one where Mike Judge plays the instructor for a... what was it, anger management class? Sexual harrassment? I can't remember, but he played the "mm'kay" persona.

Sexual harassment. The Harassed, season 10. It was right at the start of the running subplot with Felicity Huffman as the acerbic financial analyst Julia Wilcox.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

food court bailiff posted:

i just watched the BMO adventure time special on hbo and a knockoff of bmo sings tossed salad and scrambled eggs out of nowhere, for no reason

based on other characters singing the cheers theme song in the main series one can only conclude that only kelsey grammar sitcoms survive the apocalypse

Fallout: New Vegas, but all the bottlecaps are Frasier DVDs.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Progject posted:

It SUCKS! It’s TOTAL BS!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Timby posted:

Sexual harassment. The Harassed, season 10. It was right at the start of the running subplot with Felicity Huffman as the acerbic financial analyst Julia Wilcox.
This makes me feel like you can just make up guest spots and no one would be the wiser.

Why, who didn't love Bronson Pinchot's turn as Frasier's irascible antiques broker Clémond!

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Mahoney was also the voice of general Rogard in The Iron Giant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz5RfjbImpI

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Thanks to this thread I rewatched The Two Mrs. Cranes and I was almost crying from how funny it was. A Crane's Critique feels really cringy and embarrassing to me instead. The fanboyism is horrible...

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Another episode where Frasier and Niles ruin some poor guy's life

Like their old landlord and his dead wife.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I just... don't like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

mojo1701a posted:

I just... don't like him.

I'm going to watch this and Two Mrs. Cranes tonight.