Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you

rydiafan posted:

I was going to correct you, that that's from Life, the Universe and Everything, but I suppose that WITHIN Life, the Universe and Everything it's from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

You win this round. :argh:

LOL I win on a technicality, the best kind of win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/wqN9RtA.mp4
He’s actually upside down.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Does that sword have a train track on it?

Is it so you stab them, then drive a small but powerful train into them?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

While they were partying, I was training the blade.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You question the sword rails but not the laser puppets?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Why would you question the laser puppets :confused:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Laser puppet is pretty self explanatory, puppet shoots lasers, train sword is an enigma, it carries implications as yet unfulfilled by the source material.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Maybe it’s a practice sword

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Bad Munki posted:

Why would you question the laser puppets :confused:

no one questions the laser puppets twice, thats for sure

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

I guess I'm just... struggling to figure out how you go from parked to smashing through two cars and driving off a cliff in one fluid motion. Wouldn't you... take your foot off the accelerator when you hit the first car?
Maybe you would, quitter.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.

Bad Munki posted:

Maybe it’s a training sword

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

:thejoke:

vvv Okay, I chuckled :glomp:

Bad Munki has a new favorite as of 04:39 on Nov 20, 2020

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMto0ecNIa4&t=15s

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

Cool, but every time I see a young kid doing something like this, I can't help but think the parent is of the "I will make my kid into a super _____, even if it kills them" variety.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

OwlFancier posted:

I guess I'm just... struggling to figure out how you go from parked to smashing through two cars and driving off a cliff in one fluid motion. Wouldn't you... take your foot off the accelerator when you hit the first car?

Human reactions are often not quite what you'd hope when lizard brain takes over, and for many people the reaction is to tense up their legs, meaning they slam the accelerator even more.
In some countries this is why basic drivers ed has you make an emergency braking maneuver, which is good. You don't push the brake pedal, you don't step on it, you loving slam that fucker down by standing on it and you do it again and again until the instructor is satisfied it's in your muscle memory, because otherwise you might react to needing to stop by just instinctively pushing whatever pedal is closest to your foot. That's the accelerator. That's bad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

When I learned the objective was to knock everything off the back seat onto the floor, yeah.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

organburner posted:

Human reactions are often not quite what you'd hope when lizard brain takes over, and for many people the reaction is to tense up their legs, meaning they slam the accelerator even more.
In some countries this is why basic drivers ed has you make an emergency braking maneuver, which is good. You don't push the brake pedal, you don't step on it, you loving slam that fucker down by standing on it and you do it again and again until the instructor is satisfied it's in your muscle memory, because otherwise you might react to needing to stop by just instinctively pushing whatever pedal is closest to your foot. That's the accelerator. That's bad.

I guess that this should be in then"things you've just figured out thread" but this has highlighted to me that some countries don't teach you how to break in an emergency, and that's quite something.

I'm not a driving scientist or nuffin but I can't help but think that should be one of the most important things to teach someone driving a car.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

My driver's ed class had us do the slam on the brakes procedure, but then the instructor also told us the proper way to accelerate onto the freeway was to floor the gas, so I think he might have just been one of those pedal fetish guys.

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!

Knormal posted:

the proper way to accelerate onto the freeway was to floor the gas

No this is right.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know about proper way but it's certainly the only way to do it in my car because if you don't you'll be going about 20mph slower than everyone else :v:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: ARACHNOPHOBIA WARNING :siren:
But he’s a cool blue tarantula.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ffsokyK

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Klauser posted:

No this is right.

There are few greater evils in this world than a person driving 15 under the limit trying to merge onto a highway.

Teacher doing god's work.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

gleebster posted:

Jeez, that's horsemeat?

It's from many pages ago, but I got this.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh she is gorgeous

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Megillah Gorilla posted:

There are few greater evils in this world than a person driving 15 under the limit trying to merge onto a highway.

Teacher doing god's work.

Only times I merge going fifteen under is either during rush hour or if there's no one else on the road. If it's steady traffic, my rear end is reaching 65/70 before the merge runs out.

The problem comes with someone who slows down and traps you in the merge lane then next thing you know you're riding the rumble strips for a bit.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

My Canadian driver's training had the guy take me out to an abandoned parking lot outside of town, having me get up to 60, then randomly screaming "MOOSE!!!". This was to demonstrate what anti-lock brakes felt like when they pulse, and to burn that action into my muscle memory. He also had me merge onto the Transcanada #1 in April. When a semi truck, completely predictably covered my *entire* windshield in April Slush, I calmly kept speed and turned on the wipers, he passed me for my final driving exam and completed me through the rest of the course.

I drive professionally for a living and have not had so much as a fender bender since then. Thanks, Young Drivers dude!!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Caedus posted:

My Canadian driver's training had the guy take me out to an abandoned parking lot outside of town, having me get up to 60, then randomly screaming "MOOSE!!!". This was to demonstrate what anti-lock brakes felt like when they pulse, and to burn that action into my muscle memory. He also had me merge onto the Transcanada #1 in April. When a semi truck, completely predictably covered my *entire* windshield in April Slush, I calmly kept speed and turned on the wipers, he passed me for my final driving exam and completed me through the rest of the course.

I drive professionally for a living and have not had so much as a fender bender since then. Thanks, Young Drivers dude!!

I ran into my young drivers dude at a tim hortons when I was doing my paramedic practicum and recognized him. He was pretty cool and was excited about what I was driving at the time.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I almost hit a bicyclist and basically had to pay the guy my entire wallet to pass me. Like he said he would fail me if I didn't empty my wallet.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

I almost hit a bicyclist and basically had to pay the guy my entire wallet to pass me. Like he said he would fail me if I didn't empty my wallet.

Did you see them meet up afterwards?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I had assumed most places will let you re-take the drivers test if you fail

Although I will say that in Switzerland if you fail it 3 times they make you do a psych evaluation

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cartoon Man posted:

We should probably have a special spider-siren smilie at this point.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/84lgKID.mp4

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Prom Night IV: Deliver Us From Evil... but I wouldn't bother, this out-of-context gif is more fun than that whole movie

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/hkHVG2g.mp4

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lmao

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

so like they're wearing their disguises but they don't have to cause it's just them and they're in the bat cave, and he takes off his mask to look at the paper but not into the magnifying glass, like wtf is the deal.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/zCvjsgQ.gifv

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1330298058496729092/pu/vid/624x352/vFchOxVvvYobtasa.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I mean, bi and pan are still options.