Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I plan on sending out my box to Illinois next week, might end up being week after depending on when it will land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

danbanana posted:

The Farmer Wave beer in the above pic is from Vermont brewery Hill Farmstead. I think there was a drop of their stuff in NE a while back, which is pretty abnormal but also pretty cool.

I am not complaining about your box, FYI. It was great.

The more you know. Looks like HF is friends with an NE distributor.

No worries! I didn't feel any shade at all.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Didn't expect to see Cosmic Eye on here not from me! How's the EVH tribute? I have since moved away.

It was a pretty solid DIPA, imo (and that can art is among the best). I probably shouldn't say this after having sent funky's box, but my CE go-tos are his lagers, which are always dialed in.

danbanana posted:

The Farmer Wave beer in the above pic is from Vermont brewery Hill Farmstead. I think there was a drop of their stuff in NE a while back, which is pretty abnormal but also pretty cool.

Send me a DM and I may be able to arrange somethin'

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Duvel posted:

I plan on sending out my box to Illinois next week, might end up being week after depending on when it will land.

How many of you god drat people live in Illinois? I also sent out there and I am receiving from there. From 2 completely different goons!

:iiam:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

How many of you god drat people live in Illinois? I also sent out there and I am receiving from there. From 2 completely different goons!

:iiam:

Fewer active from here than there used to be. We'd do Chicago Goon bottle shares and sometimes get 10+ people.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Real Name Grover posted:

Send me a DM and I may be able to arrange somethin'

I appreciate it but I'm good!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

danbanana posted:

Fewer active from here than there used to be. We'd do Chicago Goon bottle shares and sometimes get 10+ people.

I gotta look into this. I think you may all be the same person. Can't fool me!

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...
I've started drinking beer again but primarily lower ABV stuff with the occasional ba thing.

I had my last Rev 10 year in light of the FOBAB awards and it was still quite tasty.

Light Hearted Ale is also an acceptable beer and reminds me of you, Dan.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Compusaurus posted:

I've started drinking beer again but primarily lower ABV stuff with the occasional ba thing.

I had my last Rev 10 year in light of the FOBAB awards and it was still quite tasty.

MISS YOU, BOO.

Also your palate is bad.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

funkybottoms posted:

so, yeah, not sure i indicated much beyond "no pastry ipas or goses," so this is a nice spread of styles for me that includes a biere de miel named after a Jesus & Mary Chain song and the Farmer Wave HF collab, which i was very sad to have missed out on in a different group a few years back. looking forward to tucking into this tonight- thanks, "Real Name" Grover!

White Elm makes some dang good stouts, those should be rad. One of my friends visits his family there three times a year and always brings some back.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

We should really get a Chicagoon share together once that’s a thing again.

Compusaurus posted:

Can we talk about how stupid it is that a Cider took best in show at Fobab this year?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

LeafHouse posted:

Can we talk about how stupid it is that a Cider took best in show at Fobab this year?

I mean, it has me really curious!
Today I get my Straight Jacket, the best BA Beer in Chicago returns finally.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

LeafHouse posted:

Its been way too long since I've been to Chicago :hai:

Sent first tracking number to my bif... still have some other releases I'm waiting on and my fridge is too full, figured might as well split up the shipments

captainKerblamo
Aug 10, 2007
Got 9 gallons of this milk stout in just before the gov locked the pubs down. Have had beer from this brewery before but never this one and he temptation is to tap it but i'd probably only be me drinking it and it would only last about 5 days..... to commit to 13 pints of stout per day or to be sensible?!?

https://www.madsquirrelbrew.co.uk/beers/core/de-la-creme

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

ChiTownEddie posted:

Today I get my Straight Jacket, the best BA Beer in Chicago returns finally.

If you REALLY liked it...

https://revbrew.com/shop/sj-1-6-barrel-keg

(this actually is a pretty good deal, per oz. it comes out to roughly $4.30 per 12 oz pour, compared to $6.25 in 4 packs)

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i'd never heard of Emerald Spire hops before, but they're definitely on my radar now; peach, melon, and just a hint of dankness go nicely with this unfiltered lager's softer body and low bitterness. good stuff that i could crush a bunch of, plus there's even a Vonnegut quote on the label!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...

LeafHouse posted:

I'm really not sure what to make of that. It must have been really good cider?

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Beer mail is best mail. THANKS! I'm giddy about it all. Beer is gud.

Bonus ancient dog, who loves to stand under that plant.

broseph
Oct 29, 2005

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Let me get a slow pour shot of the smooj.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Re: smooj- I'm not sure how much worse it will be if you don't, but the can says you're supposed to store it upside down (and cold obv) just in case you did not notice. I managed to pawn off two of them to my mom (she loved them) but I've still got one here that I will suffer through, for science.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
The SMOOJ!
Love those Bell's beers tho. A buddy got me the anniversary Expedition and I am extremely excited to crack into that at some point.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Sirotan posted:

My apologies to funkybottoms for taking this long to post about the box he sent me. It is tremendous:

v excited to have a fridge filled with (mostly) lagers at the moment

That is an epic haul you got there.
I am so loving stoked for Dark Rye in cans. Gonna go buy a costco pack of Reeses peanut butter cups and apples when I snag some.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Spontaneous Me is goddamned delicious and I love I can score it at my local Kroger.

Also I saw two labels (not smooj) before guessing who your sender was.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

broseph posted:

Let me get a slow pour shot of the smooj.

Ask and receive.
https://vimeo.com/482361195

Definitely banana strawberry. At first, I thought it was delicious. But then I drank more. I realized the taste is fine, the carbonated smoothie mouthfeel repels and disgusts.

Nth Doctor posted:

Spontaneous Me is goddamned delicious and I love I can score it at my local Kroger.

Also I saw two labels (not smooj) before guessing who your sender was.

I'm not sure who sent this beautiful box of beer. Yesterday was pretty chaotic, and I may have trashed the send label.

Reveal yourself!

ThePopeOfFun fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 22, 2020

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

This lovely assortment of beer arrived today from DarkSoulsTantrum! Lots of really cool New Englandy stuff here. I'm particularly looking forward to drinking that Fall stout from Maine Beer Company as proper cool weather sets in. :D

I've been procrastinating doing the last bit of stuff to get my box-o'-RVA-beers together, but I'm aiming to have it shipped in the next couple of days/before Thanksgiving!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Ask and receive.

Definitely banana strawberry. At first, I thought it was delicious. But then I drank more. I realized the taste is fine, the carbonated smoothie mouthfeel repels and disgusts.

I'm not sure who sent this beautiful box of beer. Yesterday was pretty chaotic, and I may have trashed the send label.

Reveal yourself!

I left a short message on the back of the sticker but I guess you didn't see it :(

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Sirotan posted:

I left a short message on the back of the sticker but I guess you didn't see it :(

poo poo! I am notoriously unobservant. Thanks again for the box, you've brought great beer joy to the house.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Ask and receive.

Hahahaha this is so ridiculous.
Thanks for posting the vid.

Merkin Muffley
Aug 1, 2006
The Ballsiest
Came home today from a little escape in the woods to a box full of hops, crispy lagers, and some funk. Beers courtesy of Highme and the Portland, OR area.

The bad news? It appears the USPS may have used the box for all manner of activities not meant for boxes... like kick-ball, shot put, structural building materials, edge crush demonstrations, explosives testing, a step stool... maybe a heavy load dunnage rack or, judging by what almost looks like a tire mark, a wheel chock for a semi-trailer.

The good news? While clearly worse for the wear, everything inside appears to be intact!!! Don't know when the air-pillow packing material all popped, but it definitely did at some point in transit. I want to be clear and say that Highme's packing job held up. The beer clearly survived some sort of horror between the Portland, OR area and the Cincinnati, OH area.

Loading it all into the fridge now, and i'll start digging and and writing out some thoughts soon! Thanks Highme!!!

EDIT:
Talking with highme, it sounds like these beers survived two rounds of horror, since there's four cans missing! An Occidental/Von Ebert pilsner collab, and a Great Notion wildfire relief IPA among them. A big whatthefuck to USPS for handling it like poo poo, but also props to the particular USPS worker that apparently re-packed it and zipped it all up in a bag in the box to get it to me.

Merkin Muffley fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 23, 2020

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hope the woods were all they’re supposed to be. I saw delivery confirmation earlier this week and was a little nervous it got porch snatched.

Oof re USPS. Between my wife and we ship a lot of different things and that’s some of the worst damage I’ve seen. Glad they all arrived intact though.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Quorum posted:

This lovely assortment of beer arrived today from DarkSoulsTantrum! Lots of really cool New Englandy stuff here. I'm particularly looking forward to drinking that Fall stout from Maine Beer Company as proper cool weather sets in. :D

I've been procrastinating doing the last bit of stuff to get my box-o'-RVA-beers together, but I'm aiming to have it shipped in the next couple of days/before Thanksgiving!

I’m glad everything arrived safely! Enjoy!

My box from gentleman and scholar RembrandtQEinstein arrived today also!

Really nice mix of styles here, from pils to lambic to barleywine. Most likely gonna crack the Bang Italian Pils first tonight once it gets cold.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Quorum posted:

Oh, just noticed there’s a beer missing in the pic, there should be a NEBCO 668 as well. It’s a small can, just wanted to make sure you didn’t miss it in the box.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
668 is the poo poo, great choice! (Assuming it made it...)

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I’m glad everything arrived safely! Enjoy!

My box from gentleman and scholar RembrandtQEinstein arrived today also!

Really nice mix of styles here, from pils to lambic to barleywine. Most likely gonna crack the Bang Italian Pils first tonight once it gets cold.

Glad to hear it made it, I checked the shipping earlier and it looked like it had arrived. I had that one on draft and it was stellar, hope it's as good bottled. Bang is cool, they're an ultra-sustainable brewery that is in a small grain silo they built kind of off the beaten path.

Merkin Muffley
Aug 1, 2006
The Ballsiest

highme posted:

Hope the woods were all they’re supposed to be. I saw delivery confirmation earlier this week and was a little nervous it got porch snatched.

Oof re USPS. Between my wife and we ship a lot of different things and that’s some of the worst damage I’ve seen. Glad they all arrived intact though.

The woods were magnificent. A very much needed getaway from everything right now. The box must have shown up thursday or friday, my cat-sitter brought it inside so no porch snatching was involved thankfully! Maybe a little USPS-snatching but it looks like whoever was responsible for the re-packaging wanted the beer to get to its new home. I don't think four cans burst, but one must have, and if a USPS worker recognized what was in there and wanted to beer-it-to-themselves a little bit while still sending it to its destination that is ok by me.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

FRESH. CRISP. TART.

Beer gud

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

ThePopeOfFun posted:

FRESH. CRISP. TART.

Beer gud

gently caress yeah. Your box-pic inspired me to grab another sixer of this for Thursday.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Here is surely going to be the only box where 12 oz bottles outnumber 16 oz cans...

Thanks, ShortyMR.CAT! I'll be hauling some of these to the in-laws tomorrow, where I hope to not get too drunk over a much needed long weekend.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I thought this was supposed to be open like an advent calendar. Are we saying it gently caress it this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:beerpal: