Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Whoa! Saki Akai + Apple Girl should be an awesome team. Will most certainly tune in for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i feel so betrayed

yunamon was right, she is no ace

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Holy piss. I shouldn’t have slept and instead watched the debut of Mei Saint-Michel.

Smoking Crow posted:

i feel so betrayed

yunamon was right, she is no ace

What are you talking about, Mei Saint-Michel was apparently found by Sakisama while doing some pied piper poo poo, I don’t think she’s ever met Yunamon.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1329734356881993730?s=21

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Can someone clear up this thing where they have multiple identities that are separate people?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Can someone clear up this thing where they have multiple identities that are separate people?

I mean you said it best, they... have multiple identities that are separate people.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Sakisama is a rich french lady who has maids and leads a faction called NEO Biishiki-gun in TJPW.

Saki Akai is is a japanese lady who wrestles for DDT in a faction called Eruption.

I hope this clears things up for you

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

peter sellers plays 4 different roles in dr strangelove. mei and saki are playing 2 roles.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Sakisama is a rich french lady who has maids and leads a faction called NEO Biishiki-gun in TJPW.

Saki Akai is is a japanese lady who wrestles for DDT in a faction called Eruption.

I hope this clears things up for you

This was exactly what I was looking for. Sorry I wasn't clear. I just started watching and don't think I've seen Saki in either gimmick yet.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1329760797988245504

Congratulations to Hyper Misao, who will soon be TJPW's first-ever married wrestler (sorry, Azusa)!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I feel like I really need to try and get into TJPW. We saw it when we went to Wrestle Kingdom a couple years back and it was a ton of fun, but where can a lowly American watch it easily (and hopefully on his TV)? Do they live stream events?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I feel like I really need to try and get into TJPW. We saw it when we went to Wrestle Kingdom a couple years back and it was a ton of fun, but where can a lowly American watch it easily (and hopefully on his TV)? Do they live stream events?

They're all on DDT Universe, usually live but not always.

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe

If you want promo translations you can get them here: https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ganso Bomb posted:

They do live stream events, as well as post the VoD's almost immediately after a show.

It's under the DDT Universe conglomerate which includes TJPW, DDT Pro, some NOAH, some DDT-affiliated indies (Ganbare, Basara). Price is like $8 a month, they're still improving the website

Guide to signing up is here

So far no built-in way to watch it on a TV, I just have my computer screen mirrored via Roku to my TV and full screen it.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/Ben_0Rosso/status/1329810840846020608

Looking forward to Tall Saya taking over Stardom in a couple of years

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Paper Lion posted:

peter sellers plays 4 different roles in dr strangelove. mei and saki are playing 2 roles.

does that mean we'll eventually get mei saint-michel and saki-sama vs mei suruga and saki akai

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 20, 2020

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It's so cool that Mei (the performer) is getting a fairly high-profile opportunity in TJPW. She must have impressed the right people at Wrestle Princess

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm watching the SEAdLINNNG show from earlier this month with Yoshiko defending against Aja Kong and Best Friends vs Yuu and Ayame Sasamura.

For some reason they turned down the audience and in ring volume relative to the commentators in the picture and picture and it really detracts from this. Could swear this isn't normal for NicoNico

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I'm watching the SEAdLINNNG show from earlier this month with Yoshiko defending against Aja Kong and Best Friends vs Yuu and Ayame Sasamura.

For some reason they turned down the audience and in ring volume relative to the commentators in the picture and picture and it really detracts from this. Could swear this isn't normal for NicoNico

If you've got earphones then use just the right bud (or some media players let you use mono sound). It plays just the ring audio and not the commentary and makes nico broadcasts way more tolerable.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Johnny Landmine posted:

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1329760797988245504

Congratulations to Hyper Misao, who will soon be TJPW's first-ever married wrestler (sorry, Azusa)!

That entire segment was the best. The entire roster -freaking the gently caress out- when they realized what PaMi was about to say regarding the proposal was amazing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do you think misao learned how to be strong and confident and love herself from wrestling and only then became capable of truly loving another. I bet probably not

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Hyper Misao said that she was still going to wrestle after marriage, right?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Hyper Misao said that she was still going to wrestle after marriage, right?

Before or after the last show?

During the show she made it very clear that she was still going to wrestle while married.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

fez_machine posted:

Before or after the last show?

During the show she made it very clear that she was still going to wrestle while married.

I was just thinking about the announcement she made, that you just mentioned. It’s good to hear that she’ll continue wrestling after getting married.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

News of the next Assemble show

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1329974637996830723?s=20

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Long wait :(

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stardom are doing their third big arena show in the last three months at Osaka EDION 1 on December 20th and the card looks pretty great

quote:

◆ 7th Match: World of Stardom Championship / 30 minutes one fall
<Champion> Utami Hayashishita (Queen's Quest)
vs
<Challenger> Momo Watanabe (Queen's Quest)

◆ 6th Match: Wonder of Stardom Championship & SWA World Championship Double Crown / 30 Minutes One Fall
<Champion> Giulia (Donna Del Mondo)
vs
<SWA Champion> Syuri (Donna Del Mondo)

◆ 5th Match: Breakaway from STARS? Elimination Match / 20 Minutes One Fall
Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid & Gokigen Death ☆ (STARS)
vs
Tam Nakano & Mina Shirakawa & Sayaka Unagi (STARS)

◆ 4th Match: High Speed ​​Championship Match / 30 Minutes One Fall
<Champion> AZM (Queen's Quest)
vs
<Challenger> Mei Hoshizuki (Marvelous)

◆ Third Match: DDM vs Oedo Tai Tag Match / 20 Minutes One Fall
Himeka & Natsupoi (Donna Del Mondo)
vs
Bea Priestley & Saki Kashima (Oedo Tai)

◆ Second match: Tag match / 15 Minutes One Fall
Riho (AEW) & Ruaka (STARS)
vs
Konami & Natsuko Tora (Oedo Tai)

◆ 1st Match: Future of Stardom 3WAY Battle / 15 Minutes One Fall
<Champion> Maika (Donna Del Mondo)
vs
<Challenger> Saya Kamitani (Queen's Quest)
vs
<Challenger> Saya Iida (STARS)

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Nov 24, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Huh, I didn't realise STARDOM had Riho specifically aligned to AEW, that's neat

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, it's a common thing for non-NJPW Japanese promotions to list the affiliation of outside talents. It always stings seeing "Sareee (WWE Countdown)"

When Nyla did the Marvelous Korakuen show last year her entrance video was just a giant flashing AEW logo

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
was a knockoff AEW logo as well which made it funnier

Mei getting that big a match on a major arena show like this is really cool to see: that match should rule

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Why is it not just WWE but WWE Countdown?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

TV Zombie posted:

Why is it not just WWE but WWE Countdown?
She's designated the time until she can go to the US and officially join WWE or whatever as "Countdown" tour.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i was really surprised albeit pleasantly so when i watched syuri beat bea unspoiled as i wondered who she could possibly defend against? forgot giulia could count

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Syuri is representing the Philippines so she can defend it against anyone

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Giulia could do likewise representing Italy.

Though I would vastly prefer Double Gold Syuri.

Edit: just realized that was what Thauros meant.

Power Windows fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 25, 2020

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Sendai Girls are running Korakuen Hall in three days time. The initial plan was for the show to be a very early preview for the GAEAISM show next April: with the show being seven 1v1 singles matches between a Sendai Girls wrestler and a Marvelous wrestler. However a Marvelous trainee has tested positive for COVID so they've withdrawn from every show for the next two weeks so they lost half of the wrestlers.

The good news is that they've tested everyone in Sendai Girls and they all tested negative. The bad news is that now they have to put together a Korakuen Hall level show without half of the initially announced wrestlers and also without Meiko Satomura who's in the UK. The show is still on and it'll be interesting to see what we get: they do have a regular group of freelancers but who knows what their availability is (they weren't needed for this show) so they might have to find some different people. Looks like Saki Akai is working the show for example - would be her first Sendai Girls show but she has worked SEAdLINNNG, WAVE and Marvelous recently and Meiko wrestled her in DDT over the summer so its not that surprising. If its a totally messed up card it could actually be a really good show: shows like this have a habit of impressing in spite of the situation.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I'm sure Kaori Yoneyama has nothing going on

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Gatoh Move invasion book it Coward Whoever Is Booking Sendai Girls

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Power Windows posted:

drat, I really want Yunamon vs Hashimoto now!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Power Windows posted:

brave to call Meiko Satomura a coward; better make sure she doesn't hear of that one.

Mei Suruga was one of those Sendai Girls regulars pre-COVID: she was initially in their rookie tournament but withdrew because at the time Gatoh Move weren't working other promotions (really annoying since the next round was Mei Suruga vs Mei Hoshizuki which would have been a very very good match) so her randomly popping up again wouldn't shock me. Depends on if there's a ChocoPro or a TJPW show though I guess

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

IceAgeComing posted:

brave to call Meiko Satomura a coward; better make sure she doesn't hear of that one.

Oh poo poo I thought she was already in the UK *nervously eyes bomb shelter brochure*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

If you have them, I would like to hear stories about times in which other wrestlers got to work or hang out with Chigusa Nagayo and had a great time