Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Def not worth 2K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

And 2K are the shittiest games, so that's saying a lot.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’ll see if I can find the Instagram post but I unfollowed this guy a long time ago. Either way, it has the actual social media message and I don’t feel bad for laughing.

Noted COVID-denier, person who gives TJ Perkins and Flip Gordon a run for his money in stupidity, PJ Black, has suffered some injuries for falling down the stairs the other day:

quote:

PJ Black Out Of Action After Falling Down Stairs

Marc Middleton

"The Darewolf" PJ Black (fka Justin Gabriel in WWE) is currently out of action with injuries.

Black revealed on Instagram that he recently fell down some stairs and suffered the injuries. He did not go into injury specifics, but jokingly blamed the fall on the full moon from this past weekend.

Black noted in his Instagram post that while he's suffered a few minor injuries over the years, he never had a broken bone or needed surgery up until 5 years ago. Since then he's broken both legs multiple times, broken his ring finger, and suffered other incidents, including two base-jumping accidents.

Black is currently signed to ROH and has been there since 2018. He worked the main event of last Friday's NJPW Strong 15 show, which was Night 1 of the New Japan Showdown. That match, taped back in the summer, saw Black lose to Tama Tonga.

There is no word yet on when Black will be back in the ring, but it looks like he has a long road ahead of him. You can see his full Instagram post below, which includes several graphic photos & videos from the hospital:

"I fell down some stairs (full moon). Injuries suck. But they are necessary apparently. Up until 5 years ago I've never broken a bone or had surgery. Never even been stung by a bee! Fast forward to today.. Broken both legs multiple times, 33 screws and a few plates (Titanium and Steel. 2 different continents.) in my legs and ring finger. A few NDE's (Near Death Experience) later here I am rethinking life/death. Not because I got hurt; the avatar will heal; because death is an illusion. I've been able to experience many of my past lives even in Atlantis! This is surreal to me since I was raised Christian and we were taught that reincarnation isn't real. I've since read copious amounts of books on this subject (if any1 has any good ones or need recs just ask). And if all those "lives" were hallucinations; then so is this one! The last 5 years have been the worst years of my life but at the same time the best thing to ever happen to me. #growth — Aslo f--k 2020," he wrote.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Supposedly About Sports > Don't Post Puro Here > Wrestlers on Social Media - "Aslo f--k 2020," he wrote.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Aslo

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

ICR posted:

I’ll see if I can find the Instagram post but I unfollowed this guy a long time ago. Either way, it has the actual social media message and I don’t feel bad for laughing.

Noted COVID-denier, person who gives TJ Perkins and Flip Gordon a run for his money in stupidity, PJ Black, has suffered some injuries for falling down the stairs the other day:

I guess this is why he's called the Darewolf and not the Stairwolf.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/elpwrestling/status/1329878906355138561?s=19

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

I've missed this utter prick SO MUCH

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Read the whole post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHvPFg2gMGI/

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 21, 2020

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

lol they left out the best part

im jealous he got to see atlantis though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Pinche Rudo posted:

Read the whole post

no no no

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For those who don't want to click the link, the whole post reads:

Instagram

Phone number, username or email
Password

or

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Sign up

Get the app.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/luchalibreonlin/status/1329937826377588739

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
???

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Edit - Forgot instagram doesn't embed

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 21, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
remember when Seth Rollins called Dave a liar about the Saudi thing

lmao

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MassRafTer posted:

And women saying he's a creep in DMs.

If you read his original statement and replace instances of 'Cody' with 'Brandi' it suddenly starts making a lot more sense

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

If you read his original statement and replace instances of 'Cody' with 'Brandi' it suddenly starts making a lot more sense

He mentioned Brandi, or as he refers to her “Cody’s wife”.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

“Cody’s wife”.

Read it in the Borat Voice

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1329978426892095488?s=19

Hirota sent me this picture on LINE. How am I even supposed to respond to this? Answers needed urgently

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1329978426892095488?s=19

Hirota sent me this picture on LINE. How am I even supposed to respond to this? Answers needed urgently

[urgent recruitment]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If I understand Hirota's gimmick properly, she's like LuluPencil with 20 years experience?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

OC has the right reaction to New Day being in the new Gears of War game but Ali puts the icing on this odd little cake.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why do they have 'the artist formerly known as goldust' breast cups

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cavauro posted:

why do they have 'the artist formerly known as goldust' breast cups

Waste not want not

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Reading back the Louie stuff and realizing that whoever forced him to delete his social media was doing him a massive favor.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

the escape goat posted:

OC has the right reaction to New Day being in the new Gears of War game but Ali puts the icing on this odd little cake.

I think it’s more due to there being a line in the trailer that says “freshly squeezed”

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1330221216511176716

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I can't find a post directly from Sonny about this so...

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1330249628260904967

:toot::woop::dance:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sonny got permission from Lanny and will now be doing the Genius gimmick.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/annajay___/status/1330192145727287296

literally how

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

There was a global pandemic and she was put on TV before she was ready but a promotion desperate for people to put on TV but run by smart people is able to recognize not just her talent but her strengths and put her on TV in the right situations to highlight her strengths and for the most part hide her weaknesses as she grows as a performer.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
turns out having a good framework to actually help people learn everything they should know is a good thing

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flatluigi posted:

turns out having a good framework to actually help people learn everything they should know is a good thing

It also helps if you don't sabotage your performers

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
She's at least at a level where Shida can get a good match out of her, I expect.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Also, for someone who had something like a dozen matches, maybe less when she first appeared on Dynamite, she was shockingly competent.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I've said it a million times before, but I'm so glad AEW got hold of Anna Jay before WWE did. Vince would have signed her, treated her as purely eye candy, and then kicked her to the catering curb when she didn't progress beyond that (to say nothing of NXT destroying her knees beforehand). In AEW she's been given a chance to develop and even a new best friend in Tay Conti :)

And also :aaa: that she's only been wrestling for a year.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

And Anna Jay (along with Lee Johnson & I think Alan Angels) is from the crop of QT’s students who was working for him before he was an obvious pipeline to AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

She's at least at a level where Shida can get a good match out of her, I expect.

I like Anna Jay a lot, and I think she has a ton of upside so I don't mean this as an insult but I think most of her matches have been at best passable and if Shida gets even a watchable 7-10 minute title match out of her that will be pretty impressive from both parties.