Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'm not going to doom scroll for the rest of the weekend.

😔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mississippi is burning to the ground in my rearview

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Might have been mentioned but congratulations to Georgia (US state) for breaking their all time one day new cases # by 1000. Thank u 4 being brave.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Might have been mentioned but congratulations to Georgia (US state) for breaking their all time one day new cases # by 1000. Thank u 4 being brave.

Turning blue in more ways than one.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

kitten emergency posted:

i'm penciling this in as a future neolib reform that will pass with broad bipartisan support over the next four years

It is foretold. The current normalization of EUAs in the US is just the thin edge of the wedge.

And to be clear, I think the Chinese state's response to the pandemic has overall been pretty great as if the case numbers alone don't make that clear. Just not the bit where under-tested vaccines are authorized for widespread use. I think people would justifiably been upset had the Trump admin decided in July to approve Moderna and ship it everywhere.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

lol so you can basically map the weather in wisconsin from our infection numbers. that one week in january when it's -20°F is gonna be brutal.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Melbourne's semi final open er up announcement is coming in 10 minutes. Will we be able to take masks off outside after 23 days of no cases?! Who knows

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

VectorSigma posted:

lol so you can basically map the weather in wisconsin from our infection numbers. that one week in january when it's -20°F is gonna be brutal.

power up the cruise ships we need to speed this global warming poo poo up

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Melbourne's semi final open er up announcement is coming in 10 minutes. Will we be able to take masks off outside after 23 days of no cases?! Who knows

why would you wearing a mask pwns

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Google Butt posted:

why would you wearing a mask pwns

Temperatures going above 95f soon makes it own considerably less.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

help, this county is hosed

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BazziNYU/status/1330293276608499713?s=20

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Why are they so against masks lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Paradoxish posted:

I can probably beat most of these dumb Thanksgiving plans.

I know someone who's planning on having 15+ people over, but everyone is going to be in their (fully enclosed) sunroom because it's "outdoors." He's not going to open the windows because it'll be too cold, but he won't run the heat (???). I only talked to him for about five minutes about this, but he wasn't even willing to listen to my pleas to at least have it inside the house because cramming everyone into a tiny sunroom is loving idiotic.

Lol we have a near unusable 3 season room and my plan for this winter has been maybe to get a bunch of heated blankets and reserve one n95 specifically for each relative who wants to visit, as we could open 6 windows and sit in the cold but not get rained on and at least have warmers on us

I didn't have the galaxy brain of just saying technically it's outdoors because it's not connected to the houses hvac

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

snake and bake posted:

I usually make entirely-from-scratch pumpkin chiffon pies for Thanksgiving every year. Normally I make 6-8 pies and hand them out to the whole fam as I make the rounds, but that's not gonna happen this year and they are not happy about it, lol

never give them pies again

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Bullfrog posted:

help, this county is hosed

I'm gonna take this as proof the school spike got tamped down but at a higher base level ready to explode the second it got cold and rainy. Especially because you can see the first spike had a lot lower hospitalizations (since it was just college kids initially )

K-12 stay opened the whole time I assume

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 00:44 on Nov 22, 2020

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Well I managed to get out of my Thanksgiving poo poo in Mississippi- and will be flying home on a chartered flight with a bunch of Covid-negative colleagues.

Wife wants marriage counseling now lmfao.

Also just learned my SIL is flying from FL to MS with her niece whose been in school and just god drat.

I feel like I just dodged one of those giant bullets from Super Mario.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/thatalicewu/status/1330287081889927170?s=20
https://twitter.com/thatalicewu/status/1330287086134562816?s=20
https://twitter.com/thatalicewu/status/1330287090265939968?s=20
https://twitter.com/thatalicewu/status/1330287094309285888?s=20
https://twitter.com/thatalicewu/status/1330287098402906116?s=20
https://twitter.com/thatalicewu/status/1330287100491669504?s=20

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

How! posted:

Well I managed to get out of my Thanksgiving poo poo in Mississippi- and will be flying home on a chartered flight with a bunch of Covid-negative colleagues.

Wife wants marriage counseling now lmfao.

Also just learned my SIL is flying from FL to MS with her niece whose been in school and just god drat.

I feel like I just dodged one of those giant bullets from Super Mario.

cant wait to hear how your marriage counselor takes ur wife's side and tell you that ur gonna have to learn how to start living your life again

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Google Butt posted:

"why do religious fanatics behave like idiots" he wondered

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Melbourne opening er up changes with only one active case and 23 days with no cases:

-15 visitors in your home per day (up from 2)
-groups of 50 outside
-masks will no longer be required outside unless you're in a crowd
-300 people allowed at restaurants but still 1 person per 2sq m max
-in person uni comes back
-150 people at gyms
-150 people for indoor sports
-500 for outdoor sports
-150 for indoor religious stuff
-150 for movie theatres per space

In mid Dec:

-no longer required to work from home if you can, but only 25% of staff can come back

Next open er up announcement on 6 December.

Gonna be weird to see people without masks again after all this time.

https://twitter.com/DanielAndrewsMP/status/1330294526653685760?s=19

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I canned a bunch of cranberry sauce I'll be mailing out to my missed relatives and friends :)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Coronaberry

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Google Butt posted:

cant wait to hear how your marriage counselor takes ur wife's side and tell you that ur gonna have to learn how to start living your life again

She knew she was marrying a rude punk when she picked me up from the bar, I’m not paying some gently caress to tell me how to think.

So yeah I’ll fill y’all in next month.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/BazziNYU/status/1330293276608499713?s=20

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Google Butt posted:

they're absolute dicks

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i'm starting to think that maybe freud's death drive theory holds more water than i may've thought

RobotCoupeDetat
Nov 3, 2020
My step-FIL is currently fully sedated on a vent. I haven’t seen the guy since my wedding. Typical boomer but a kind dude who was fun to go eating and drinking with. Apparently the last text messages my husband had with him consisted of him engaging in full-on covid denialism. Sounds like he caught it from some family gathering.

Between him and my mom planning to go to loving Disney in a few weeks, I feel like I’m watching the boomers I know and love wander into a burning building of their own accord.

Lol death drive. Yup

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

sounds fake, we should keep loving our economy up and dying instead.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

RobotCoupeDetat posted:

My step-FIL is currently fully sedated on a vent. I haven’t seen the guy since my wedding. Typical boomer but a kind dude who was fun to go eating and drinking with. Apparently the last text messages my husband had with him consisted of him engaging in full-on covid denialism. Sounds like he caught it from some family gathering.

Between him and my mom planning to go to loving Disney in a few weeks, I feel like I’m watching the boomers I know and love wander into a burning building of their own accord.

Lol death drive. Yup

yep

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

gregday posted:

how large does a scrotum expand to before it blows out

RN here: an infant scrotum can blow up as large as a balloon!

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

https://twitter.com/GuardianAus/status/1330284983290916866

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

give me the nose joose

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Lovelyn posted:

RN here: an infant scrotum can blow up as large as a balloon!

the drat nurses are blowing up the infants' scrotums again

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

A whole new low in the annals of infant genital mutilation

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

A whole new low in the annals of infant genital mutilation

Try helium?

E: IANAD, but I think it should work.

Pingui has issued a correction as of 01:13 on Nov 22, 2020

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
RIP Mom. She was doing really well, avoiding outside trips and wearing a mask, but my cop (and bastard) brother got shot. She is now at the hospital with my non-maskubg Aunt and Uncle and anyone that is there because of Covid. I hope she somehow avoids it, but I'm not feeling that great about it.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Everyone should start Thanksgiving dinner with a game of Russian Roulette.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

maybe Bannon is right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

What’s the deal with opening schools? There’s been protests outside my apartment every weekend about opening K-12 schools. I assumed they were idiot covid deniers, but the local chatter online from them is the exact opposite, calling out idiots not wearing masks and fighting against anti-vaxxers, while insisting that “the science” says opening schools doesn’t increases cases.