Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Lolie posted:

This place is amazing and well worth the drive.

https://sharkencounters.com.au/

They didn't used to have snorkeling with the sharks when I went but my daughter and grandson went earlier this month and loved it.

Aw :3: I used to live five minutes down the street from this place before they moved into their new digs! Thanks for the recommendation though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Eating mi goreng chips.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
NSW north coast dirtbag grapevine is going absolutely bonkers right now BC of a wave of police move-ons of transient people and communities in places that had previously not really had to stress about it. Kind of hope they just go north to the forbidden coast.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Speaking of dirtbags my poo poo neighbour (not the Vietnam vet with a small digger) got a dog and they've been leaving him outside at night and he's being a big sook. I'm unclear if they've been taking him to work during the day or not because I only noticed him on state of origin night and haven't heard him whinging during the day yet but if he is being left alone during the week I'm for sure just going over there because the fence they put up for him is laughable junkie poo poo

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

NSW north coast dirtbag grapevine is going absolutely bonkers right now BC of a wave of police move-ons of transient people and communities in places that had previously not really had to stress about it. Kind of hope they just go north to the forbidden coast.

They were expecting 20,000 kids to descend on Byron for Schoolies so that might have something to do with it.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

femcastra posted:

Eating mi goreng chips.

Same. They're alright hey.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Lolie posted:

They were expecting 20,000 kids to descend on Byron for Schoolies so that might have something to do with it.

Oh Byron has been a pretty brutal move on spot for some time and a lot of the rough sleepers and the surf rats hosed off to Ballina and Brunswick heads years ago but now even those spots are getting real bad for it

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

femcastra posted:

Eating mi goreng chips.

Trip report pls

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

DumbparameciuM posted:

Same. They're alright hey.

I am a fan.

McSpergin posted:

Trip report pls

Spicier than I was expecting but authentic to flavour. Would buy again.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I went up to Dulwich Hill last night to the Mexican deli and got a bunch of stuff for home, including some P good looking mole coloradito for tamales, some actual tamales, some Mexican chorizo, some mole negro and some pantry stuff. Looks P good. Then sent over to Croydon for some S tier woodfired pizza

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McSpergin posted:

Then sent over to Croydon for some S tier woodfired pizza
Gonna need you to name some names here buddy

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Carlos Lantana posted:

Tales from the tour bus is amazing
"shot him right between the mother and the fucker."

Very underrated show

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Watering my flowers listening to the Beat Junkies and my 90 year old neighbour is giving me the evil eye because it's not a hose day. I ignore her completely and silently mouth "cross town beef kills more Nana's than cross town traffic" to myself over and over

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Watering my flowers listening to the Beat Junkies and my 90 year old neighbour is giving me the evil eye because it's not a hose day. I ignore her completely and silently mouth "cross town beef kills more Nana's than cross town traffic" to myself over and over

I often water just after 10 or before 4. I keep my back to the street so I not need to face disapproving stares from the neighbours.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I repotted my bonsai

Currently in traction to keep exposed roots moist gunna be hard slowly removing soil over this summer

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

BurgerQuest posted:

Gonna need you to name some names here buddy

Something about pane and vino iirc, there used to be a really good one near it apparently but it seems to have closed which sucks cos they apparently did a bang up nduja pizza

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Been a while since I've seen a huntsman in my house, kind of glad, hopefully he'll take care of the cockroaches this summer.
https://i.imgur.com/qYQrqOj.mp4

XTimmy fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 22, 2020

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

alright, who gave burt his new av/redtext?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Fanelien posted:

alright, who gave burt his new av/redtext?

Link to a Burt post for those of us using the app.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Lolie posted:

Link to a Burt post for those of us using the app.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946893&pagenumber=9#post510135388

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

lol

Thank you.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Back to sopranos chat

Why does this show feel like it was bankrolled by big pharma?

Highly specific discussions about meds and side effects almost every other episode

It's almost as obvious as the rest of the product placement in the later seasons.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Laserface posted:

Back to sopranos chat

Highly specific discussions about meds and side effects almost every other episode

It's almost as obvious as the rest of the product placement in the later seasons.

I think it's because it's grounded in US realism, where it seems every loving person (specifically, every person that can afford to go to the doctor occasionally being the mega rich) are on a massive cocktail of drugs.

So basically I would say it feels like its bankrolled by big pharma because the US is bankrolled by big pharma in real life and it's a show grounded in US realism.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Laserface posted:

Back to sopranos chat

I just think its an encapsulation of how therapy and medication was treated in the late 90s and early 2000s. The therapy scenes are all about dreams and hidden motivations and also America was and still is obsessed with brand name medication as though its a cure for everything. They are advertised to in regards to like, actual psychiatric medication constantly so they know all of the names of everything since they were kids.

I'm halfway through the last season and tbh it feels like only about 7 things have happened in the entirety of the show.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
We just binged better call saul and breaking bad.
The only good american is flava flav.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Busy in the garden today

Repotted a few bonsai

Shuffled everything around to make room for a bonsai shelf and planted some lemon grass(on the right)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Carlos Lantana posted:

smashing the report post button and putting "nah boiiiiiiiiiiiiii" as the reason

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Zazi posted:

I always get looped up remembering that this guy was the bad dad from Round the Twist

Holy poo poo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Gold coast Titans assistant coast pinged in a big NNSW schoolies drug supply bust because of fuckin course

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/1290...impression=true

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Carlos Lantana posted:

We just binged better call saul and breaking bad.

Better Call Saul is way better than Breaking Bad imo

it also actually has a likeable lady character, which Breaking Bad never managed despite having a much larger cast. Kim Wexler is awesome.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

ya'll Australian and poo poo?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

Better Call Saul is way better than Breaking Bad imo

it also actually has a likeable lady character, which Breaking Bad never managed despite having a much larger cast. Kim Wexler is awesome.

Just lol if you didn't vibe with Marie and her purple poo poo

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Marie lost me when she gave Hank a hard time about his mid life crisis minerals

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah look I'll cop even when Skyler was sympathetic she wasn't likeable but Marie is my ride or die girl

Caesar Saladin posted:

Marie lost me when she gave Hank a hard time about his mid life crisis minerals

Look marriage is hard and a lot of work

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

what time is you're sunset currently? im curious. i live in the direct middle of the us... kansas.... it pretty much goes dark from 5:30 pm for the next 4 months. For some reason we still have this "day light savings time" and no one seems to know why but for some reason people won't vote to change it... so we set the clock foward to give farmers that have used engines to harvest for over 40 years, why in the gently caress do we still turn the state into depression for 3 to 4 months a year... is it on purpose?

Something is going on. The US doesn't believe me.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Nov 22, 2020

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

During summer in melbourne I'd say it gets dark at around 7:30 to 8pm

Australia has daylight savings too.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

During summer in melbourne I'd say it gets dark at around 7:30 to 8pm

Australia has daylight savings too.

loving hell that sounds amazing.....
when its high summer here (about 3-6 weeks, pretty random) the temp can go as high as 102 F as of last year.... but we get sunlight until around 8:45 pm and its my favorite time of year despite the heat as i grow older.

i hate the sun trying to wake me up at 5:30 am because its actually 6:30 and im ready to become more radicalized about sleep... the more i think about it the more i just want to be able to sleep in later and should hang up those light blocking curtains i bought 4 years ago and have been sitting in the closet. i forgot about them before now somehow>?

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 22, 2020

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
At the moment in Brisbane the sun rises at 4.45 am and sets just before 6.30. We use blockout curtains in the kids rooms but haven’t bothered with our own.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Wendigee posted:

when its high summer here ..... the temp can go as high as 102 F ..... its my favorite time of year despite the heat

laughs in australian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

NPR Journalizard posted:

laughs in australian.

Had to google what this converted into, and yeah, come off it.