Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Ash Rose posted:

Just pulled Tart, also c4 on XQ which is cool since I am really starting to like having him on my team. At this point should I just hoard primos until we get a new banner?

When in doubt, that's always a good plan. Primos are the one thing you're never going to have enough of, so anytime you can afford to hoard them, do it. Your future self will thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Depends on what you're looking for. The pity rolls over from event to event so the only time that's a concern is when you have the 100% feature pity lined up, in which case you wait until the character you want shows up. Since you just got Childe and blew that the other consideration is whether you want more constellations for the current 4* characters or if you'd rather get some for the next set.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Ash Rose posted:

Just pulled Tart, also c4 on XQ which is cool since I am really starting to like having him on my team. At this point should I just hoard primos until we get a new banner?

Unless you really want to get C's for the 4* on the banner or get a copy of something on the weapon banner, absolutely just start saving. I'll be saving through the next character banner myself despite how much I want that guitar lady...

Although getting more C's on Chong wouldn't be too bad...

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Whoever mentioned putting XingQ on my team I love you. I also added Diona so my current roster is Diluc, Chong, XingQ, and a Diona (C1 just got that). I only bumped them up to level 40 since I am lacking some ascension materials (Using what Resin I have for Diluc to get him another ascension He is level 50 at the moment) . Good thing I bought out the store but some of the mora so I can spare a bit of Resin to ascend my team.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AG3 posted:

Finishing the Battle Pass is way more comfortable now than it used to be. With the resin cap increase I no longer lose resin due to it capping while I'm asleep + off to work, which means I actually finish the weekly resin spending goal now. And with the 900 extra points per week for bounties + requests, it should be much more doable to hit the weekly cap regularly, which I did for the first time today. Before I would've had to spend fragile resin to reach it.

They also lowered the weekly resin quest goal from 1600 to 1200, which is a good move, considering you can get at most 1260 resin a week.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
I don't think I can complain about my bad luck anymore. I was saving up and not planning on rolling anymore on my character banner because I was at 80 and was so-so on whether I wanted Childe (and I'm not all in on getting Zhongli). But then I figured my only good long term DPS option was Klee and I'm not a fan of her play style, so I decided to go for it. In the 80-90 roll I got Childe, Qiqi (who I had already so now I've go ther C1) and two Beidou's, so now I've got C3 Beidou. I had another 10 wishes to burn and thought the game was telling me I was never going to go Nigguang so I decided to roll on the everything banner and pulled my next Noelle (for C5 now) and Mona.

I'm still going to complain about no Nigguang though.

nessin fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 23, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

S.J. posted:

I doubt anyone here particularly cares, but spending money on games like this isn't any worse than spending them on MTG or miniatures or any other collectible hobby you happen to have. As long as you can afford it who gives a poo poo, just have fun with the game.

i KNOW i DIDN'T MEAN TO BE LIKE shameful, BUT ITS JUST i WAS LOOKING AT IT AND REALIZED IT WAS JUST THINGS. sPEND MONEY, OR DON'T. iT'S COOL,.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

kater posted:

i KNOW i DIDN'T MEAN TO BE LIKE shameful, BUT ITS JUST i WAS LOOKING AT IT AND REALIZED IT WAS JUST THINGS. sPEND MONEY, OR DON'T. iT'S COOL,.

I didn't catch the whole conversation so I wasn't trying to call anyone out, but also lol caps lock bruh

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Looks like the new event is very much co-op, or at least I can't figure out how you'd submit solo very easily. Here's hoping for very late night goons on discord who can carry. :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I just pulled Mona. My sixth 5 star. For the love of god I just want Diona!!!!

e: ANOTHER NINGUANG AAAAAAAAA

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squiddycat posted:

I just pulled Mona. My sixth 5 star. For the love of god I just want Diona!!!!

e: ANOTHER NINGUANG AAAAAAAAA

Hey there, can't-get-Diona-buddy. At this point I'm just going to roll until I get my next 4* from this banner (which is guaranteed to be featured since my last one was Rust, my second Rust on this character banner somehow) for one last shot at her, and then if I still don't get her I'm probably just saving up until Zhongli's banner because I want him and constellations for Razor and Chongyun. And I guess Xinyan, though I'm less interested in her than the rest.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So when I was chasing down meteors I came across what I thought were odd pink lizards, and when I ran directly at them pressing X in the tradition of my people, I instead found they were dropping... loach pearls? I hope those aren't an ascension material, because those things seem hard to come across.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Glazius posted:

So when I was chasing down meteors I came across what I thought were odd pink lizards, and when I ran directly at them pressing X in the tradition of my people, I instead found they were dropping... loach pearls? I hope those aren't an ascension material, because those things seem hard to come across.

They just got added in 1.1(i think). No use yet I don't think?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Glazius posted:

i really doubt this since they're just labeled "Material" like other potion/gadget ingredients, while every ascension material is "Local Specialty of [location]" even if it can also be used as a cooking ingredient.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Roland Jones posted:

Hey there, can't-get-Diona-buddy. At this point I'm just going to roll until I get my next 4* from this banner (which is guaranteed to be featured since my last one was Rust, my second Rust on this character banner somehow) for one last shot at her, and then if I still don't get her I'm probably just saving up until Zhongli's banner because I want him and constellations for Razor and Chongyun. And I guess Xinyan, though I'm less interested in her than the rest.

Seems like the game is telling you to main Tartaglia.

Glazius posted:

They aren't classified as local specialties, it seems. So I think it's safe to say they won't be used for character ascension.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Completed chapter 9 of the adventurer book only to find out there's no chapter 10. Boo!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So you need to make about 50 wishes to get the 750 Stardust for the Wishes in the store right? That makes stockpiling for a later banner less attractive.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
One of the BP monthly goals is also "make 50 wishes" so I think they want to dis-incentivize stuffing all your gems in the mattress.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

King of Bleh posted:

One of the BP monthly goals is also "make 50 wishes" so I think they want to dis-incentivize stuffing all your gems in the mattress.

I guess since I just pulled Childe, I could make a few Wishes on Zhongli's banner without screwing up my next pity too badly.

(I don't really want to pull Zhongli)

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

You could always just pull on the default banner to get stardust and keep your other pity intact.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I did that once and regretted it. I am concerned that two of the next three banners are geo, the thing I have zero interest in.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't think its worth spending gems you don't want to spend just so you can get enough stardust to buy a few more pulls. Its a consolation prize currency, and yeah you're technically getting 60 pulls for the price of 50 but if you didn't want to make those 50 pulls to begin with you're just letting yourself get tricked

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I keep doing the exact wrong thing and pumping resources into too many characters. Trying to get Ningguang up to speed since this banner has gotten her to C2 so far but it's becoming a bitch. It doesn't help that she wants fatui emblems. I don't even need more carries why do I care why am I like this.

:shepface:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

No Wave posted:

I did that once and regretted it. I am concerned that two of the next three banners are geo, the thing I have zero interest in.

But Albedo is such a cute boy

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I keep doing the exact wrong thing and pumping resources into too many characters. Trying to get Ningguang up to speed since this banner has gotten her to C2 so far but it's becoming a bitch. It doesn't help that she wants fatui emblems. I don't even need more carries why do I care why am I like this.

:shepface:

Yeah I've been agonizing all day and then I settled on continuing with Klee. I really want to level Ning up. I almost wish I needed three teams for Abyss so I could justify it, lol.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Level what you want, all you’re out in the end is time in a game with no real endgame to speak of.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
This entire line of conversation reminds me how jaw-droppingly insane the progression mechanics in Genshin are for a Gacha game.

Talk about pumping resources into too many characters as a bad thing and talk about leaving characters to focus on characters you already have because resources are so rare.

The whole idea of gacha games is to get you to spend money on acquiring new characters and/or the same characters in swimsuits alternative outfits and while people obviously still do that they seem to put every possible effort into developing brand new characters as punishing and time consuming as possible. It's kind of just leaving money on the table?

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Level what you want, all you’re out in the end is time in a game with no real endgame to speak of.

Leveling your characters all the way is the endgame.

EddieMurphytapsforehead.webm

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The smart thing for me to do at this point is to only pull on banners with 4*s I use to get constellations of them. Like I should be saving every one of my rolls for a Fishl banner. But I have every 4* and want to keep the streak alive!! And I have a stupid Whiteblind I don't use that would be perfect for Xinyan!!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Meiteron posted:

This entire line of conversation reminds me how jaw-droppingly insane the progression mechanics in Genshin are for a Gacha game.

Talk about pumping resources into too many characters as a bad thing and talk about leaving characters to focus on characters you already have because resources are so rare.

The whole idea of gacha games is to get you to spend money on acquiring new characters and/or the same characters in swimsuits alternative outfits and while people obviously still do that they seem to put every possible effort into developing brand new characters as punishing and time consuming as possible. It's kind of just leaving money on the table?

I mean hey if they're gonna sell waifus, may as well doubledip and sell all the mats you need to pump them up too, right? An evolution of the pay model. Granted the only other gacha game I've played was Brave Frontier for a few years, but I don't recall being able to directly buy character progression materials in that. The fact that I can pretty much completely buy all the ascension mats from the store with real-money-dust aside from boss drops (which can also almost all technically be bought except weeklies, thanks resin) makes me think they're doing some risk-reward analysis right now. Or I'm completely wrong and this is actually much less predatory than existing gacha models.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Meiteron posted:

Not really, characters are sold based on aesthetic appeal, either visual or their characterization in the story or often both. In FGO, another very successful gacha game, it can take months to a year or more to fully level and skill up a character. But much like Genshin FGO puts a huge amount of effort into character aesthetics and characterization in the story because that's what gets people to roll.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like the only thing i'm really "losing" by taking detours to raise other characters at this point is the ability to throw my resin into the pit that is artifact domains hoping for anything better than garbage. but if you aren't AR40-45 then i suppose that's not really the case yeah.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Nearly AR38, exploration is comfy. Only thing I really dislike so far aside from not being able to outright purchase constellation upgrades after getting lucky enough to pull a character is the enforced "you will only farm things you actually need for 30 minutes a day tops" via the resin system. It's a lovely feeling having several characters and weapons waiting on resources that are impossible to obtain (without spending money on refills), and the current event sucking up all my daily resin doesn't help (conversion rate for the event is too good to pass up on).

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Meiteron posted:

It's kind of just leaving money on the table?

They get all the money on the table, because if you're willing to dump thousands into getting your ultimate anime team then you'll probably dump more to level them up. Through cash all things are possible.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Having done some artifact domains at ar40 and now at ar45 I definitely think ar40 artifact domains are 100% not worth it. Even farming up one 4* Viridian set with bad stats at ar40 will eat a ton of resin unless you're pretty lucky. I've done ~240 resin worth of Zhou Formula domains at ar45 and I still haven't gotten a crimson witch hourglass, goblet or hat with a good offensive main stat

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Hey folks, I'm around AR23 and was wondering about any good articles about proper teaming. I've been looking at Genshin.gg and https://docs.google.com/document/d/1trRf3ttEbz8yHz6XgrDjDTAynCqt1B-6AMcMIzmpIRM/edit#heading=h.m9giuwiuitlb, but man I'm tired of sifting through the garbage fanart on the Reddit.

I'm currently running Ning, Bennet, Xingqiu and Xianglang. I feel like I need to remove Xiang for either Diona or Beidu/Fischl for more elemental variation. Any thoughts? I'm worried about experimenting too much because of how rare the level up mats are.

I currently have Diona, Barbara, Beidou, Sucrose and Chongyun on the sideline. Hopefully I'll have Fischl as well for tomorrow from the event.

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 23, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

Having done some artifact domains at ar40 and now at ar45 I definitely think ar40 artifact domains are 100% not worth it. Even farming up one 4* Viridian set with bad stats at ar40 will eat a ton of resin unless you're pretty lucky. I've done ~240 resin worth of Zhou Formula domains at ar45 and I still haven't gotten a crimson witch hourglass, goblet or hat with a good offensive main stat

i've been doing this one since i wouldn't say no to a couple decent 4* MA pieces for Childe in the meantime and yeah, it floods me with good Witch feathers and literally nothing else from that set

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Man Paimon just lays on the stank during Childe’s story quest huh.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
The game is just poorly designed in general in many ways. It seems to me like the whole thing was designed by a bunch of different teams with completely different goals that weren't really talking to each other. This is most glaringly obvious in how the dungeon design and stamina system clashes with the open world RPG mechanics. The game is clearly designed for mobile play with mobile session times, which is why every fight outside of the Abyss is like max 3-5 minutes long, and the whole stamina system is built for this as well. The thing is though that the game is actually terrible on mobile and all the higher end content is immensely difficult because of the controls. So what you end up with is a mostly PC game that's sort of like a solo MMO that you can't grind in because you're stamina limited, and with the most boring dungeon design I've ever seen.

This game is almost all style and no substance. Once the novelty of running around Liyue wears off there's not a whole lot left to enjoy. The combat system is interesting but there's quite a bit of jankiness in the actual mechanics, you can't experiment with new comps because resource planning for grinding characters is the game, and the amount of actually interesting combat content in the game is very small.

At this point the only reason I'm still playing is "number go up" brain damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

dogsicle posted:

i feel like the only thing i'm really "losing" by taking detours to raise other characters at this point is the ability to throw my resin into the pit that is artifact domains hoping for anything better than garbage. but if you aren't AR40-45 then i suppose that's not really the case yeah.

My concern there is what is the jump in grinding leylines and bosses like at AR45 since you don't get a character/weapon level increase? And how will it be at AR50 if you're building characters up without grinding out decent artifacts because you're spending all your resin on xp books, mora, and ascension materials?