Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

subway is garbage and the bread tastes like rear end (the bad kind of rear end). in ontario we've got mr sub which is the exact same except actually good so i go there instead.

My good sub that lives in Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Peanut President posted:

I don't eat a lot of fast food anymore but iirc Subway has really really lax standards for their franchises. I've heard of some of their places being really good (for a fast food sandwich shop) and others being "avoid at all costs" level bad.

Subway has some of the lowest startup costs for a Franchise, which might explain the inconsistency.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Marx Was A Lib posted:

Jersey Mike's or gtfo

look at this mofo who can afford a 16$ sandwhich

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
the other day I was getting Qdoba for lunch and all the employees have a big Q on their hats and shirts so I'm sure some people are asking them if theres a storm coming with their burrito

i imagine Quiznos would be the same way if they even still exist

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
remember how quiznos had those cursed spongemonkey things?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Great Awakening (to affordable meatball subs)

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

gay_crimes posted:

My first memory of being food poisoned was from a Subway 25 years ago, pretty sure it was bad lettuce.

Mine was a salad from Target's cafe

Don't eat at Target's cafe

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1330570674172256263

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

what a little girlboss

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Tiberius Christ posted:

what a little girlboss

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

*putting the final polish on the kid sized guillotine* just in time

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Tiberius Christ posted:

what a little girlboss

:mods:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Here's something terrifying.

With the advent of massive work from home numbers recently EMPLOYEE ANALYTICS has come back to the forefront. It was always there, and growing, but now companies are getting very serious about it.

Here's one right here: Status Today. They're based in England.

Watch this happy video explaining how they want to EMPOWER EMPLOYEES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNjuL4YfdhY

This is good, and NOT bad

So this particular company will have monitoring software installed on your computer that will tell your employer how "bad" or how "good" an employee you are. It sucks.

The tech that is coming out where AI can identify you, and analyze what you're doing, through cameras is even scarier.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
The average employee spends 15 hours a month criticizing their boss, the obvious solution is not to hire better management but to fire all those pesky employees!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That is turbofucked.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

I hate it

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
So Teen Boss is allowed but g*rlb*ss isn't? The gently caress is this

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
lol the ai monitoring poo poo reminds me of this time management made us take some lovely """personality test""" and they insisted i somehow lied on mine because it gave them results they didn't agree with

but also lol @ criticizing the boss being listed, god forbid you ever disagree with god-king management

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

this is the product of capital :Starecat: :staredog: :stare:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Zamujasa posted:

but also lol @ criticizing the boss being listed, god forbid you ever disagree with god-king management

something something theirs but to do and die

but unironically (if you're the manager)

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Forceholy posted:

I dunno man. I admit the US is a trash country, but if you mention Roma, African or even Polish Migrants to Europeans, especially Brits, it's like they go into a Stormfront trance.

You're a moron that doesn't know anything. Stop spreading weird goon wisdom.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fame Douglas posted:

You're a moron that doesn't know anything.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
W. Europeans are ridiculously racist considering their countries are pretty much all white enclaves. Don’t know who decided they could make fun of America.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

please knock Mom! posted:

W. Europeans are ridiculously racist considering their countries are pretty much all white enclaves. Don’t know who decided they could make fun of America.

Have u seen america?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

dex_sda posted:

Have u seen america?

You’re talking to a brown European in a country with an all-white nobility caste enshrined in national law. Yeah I’ve seen America, and many of its states are a whole lot better at not being racist hicks than many European countries

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

I still remember the Zwarte Piet Defense Force that would show up in every thread about it.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dreylad posted:

I still remember the Zwarte Piet Defense Force that would show up in every thread about it.

Het is een kinderfeest! :argh: :geert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dreylad posted:

That's PRIME MINISTER Trudeau, thank you very much :colbert:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fame Douglas posted:

In conclusion, the above poster is stupid and holds stupid opinions. Have a good evening everyone

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Danaru posted:

That's PRIME MINISTER Trudeau, thank you very much :colbert:

Prime Minstrel, actually.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Crane Fist posted:

This is the first time in my life anyone accused me of operating at a college level

he must be an American.

on account of all Americans being literally retarded.

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
European critiques of America seem to come from this contempt from having been superseded by them.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

In conclusion, the above poster is stupid and holds stupid opinions. Have a good evening everyone

:ironicat:

augias
Apr 7, 2009

How! posted:

he must be an American.

on account of all Americans being literally retarded.

This is true but i'm not.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

My english friend who was in fact Roma (he is now dead) reported pretty much the same thing so idk dude.

To me he looked like a very slightly tan normal-rear end white dude, but apparently a hell of a lot of brits could just sniff him out immediately and would laser-focus on his ethnicity. Only time I ever saw him cry was after that happened once, poo poo really sucked.

Like I'm not gonna say y'all are at the level of America in terms of garbage racists but like, boy y'all got some weird-rear end problems with the Roma.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

My english friend who was in fact Roma (he is now dead) reported pretty much the same thing so idk dude.

To me he looked like a very slightly tan normal-rear end white dude, but apparently a hell of a lot of brits could just sniff him out immediately and would laser-focus on his ethnicity. Only time I ever saw him cry was after that happened once, poo poo really sucked.

Like I'm not gonna say y'all are at the level of America in terms of garbage racists but like, boy y'all got some weird-rear end problems with the Roma.

For most European people it's easy as hell to just get into the mentality of the roaming Traveler/Roma as some itinerant thieves if you've grown up and literally 100% of the cultural portrayal of them has been exactly that in addition to most local/family stories of them the kinds of things you'd expect to here from some KKK members in the 1900s about all black people.

For the UK at least the Travelers are only ever in the news when its something like "why the gently caress won't these people just settle down and live like we do" and any criminal incident with Travelers is always prefaced with "Of course it was started by some Travelers"

It's literally the joke, using the 4 color politcal meme Europeans go from hard libleft to mocking and condemning US racism to authright the second the roma are mentioned.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

lol

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Abongination posted:

Subway in the US and Canada is significantly worse than Subway in Australia for some reason. Might be some health or food regulation stuff that makes them lift their game down under.

I've wondered whether the North American Subway is fundamentally different from the Australian ones. All the ones I've been to here have had pretty decent food*. You can even see them slicing the lettuce, tomatoes and whatever out the back before bringing them up front.

I know our food health laws are about a billion times better than those in the US (hello, cancer cows and allowable levels of rat faeces!) so it may just be that.

* for a fast food place, natch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Does it still have three kilos of sugar per kilo of flour in the bread?