Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This not being a clean jump is the actual worst part of BL.

https://i.imgur.com/D39bsJQ.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

xzzy posted:

https://i.imgur.com/D39bsJQ.mp4

Hard agree.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goblin week posted:

Eehh
Garden was the least memorable raid of all D2 raids.

Less memorable than Crown of Sorrow?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Less memorable than Crown of Sorrow?

Crown of Sorrow was a triumph for body positivity in the Destiny universe.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I really don't care for the "busywork" steps of the Empire Hunt quests, and the fact you still need to do them if you want the powerful reward even after unlocking elective difficulty. Why is this necessary?

Meanwhile all the other Europa weapons can be earned through fairly un-tedious "kill poo poo" sorts of quests.

xzzy posted:

Tap the boost right before going off.

Apparently you go faster for the first few moments of the boost? I've made it after my friend explained it to me but it's kinda tricky.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
So what exactly is the lore of the raid here? I know it doesn't have much dialogue but from my broken impression of watching the race, the Fallen finally figure out how to put one of them in an Exo body which somehow makes them more dangerous, and then decide to destroy Europa for... some reason, after you kill Atraks-1. Then the master stroke of Fallen engineering, bringing to bear all of their knowledge of the Great Machine and the sheer innovation and power of Clovis Bray's Deep Stone Crypt is to... fuse Taniks to a big Shank. Really?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zodack posted:

So what exactly is the lore of the raid here? I know it doesn't have much dialogue but from my broken impression of watching the race, the Fallen finally figure out how to put one of them in an Exo body which somehow makes them more dangerous, and then decide to destroy Europa for... some reason, after you kill Atraks-1. Then the master stroke of Fallen engineering, bringing to bear all of their knowledge of the Great Machine and the sheer innovation and power of Clovis Bray's Deep Stone Crypt is to... fuse Taniks to a big Shank. Really?

Well let's see you come up with a better plan :colbert:

I think the Blow Up Europa part is the DSC defenses/AI/Clovis going "gently caress this", not the Fallen in particular, they're just trying to take you with them.

The big lore reveals for DSC is that Clovis made Exos using Clarity Control/Darkness and Vex stuff and the Exo reboots are both to prevent brain problems AND to prevent the latent Vex stuff from infiltrating them further, and the short story from the ARG shows that the Exo Stranger/Elsie could've killed the Vex with a paracasual weapon of some kind, but Clovis killed and rebooted/uploaded her before she could. The "long slow whisper" Cayde mentions in that one log is almost certainly the Vex worming their way in to all Exos.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 22, 2020

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RocketRaygun posted:

beat the raid

Was very good.

Team is very proud of our murder

saw you guys in the discord grinding it out. congrats!

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

RBA Starblade posted:

There was a strike in the Cosmodrome (absent from the D2 version - probably because it involved protecting Rasputin) where after the mission the ghost would query if it would be more efficient with a larger chassis which amusingly weirded Zavala out. It was after killing one of those giant Fallen shanks.

Best Zavala weird-out moment was Eris going nuts in the opening mission for The Taken King, though.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Zodack posted:

Taniks fused to a big Shank AND a bunch of stolen/repurposed ACTIVE NUCLEAR REACTORS and EVEN that seems to be like a last ditch effort by Taniks to kill you off once and for all.

At his 'full power' during the previous encounter he's an unstoppable monster you only manage to get weak enough to damage by crashing/exploding an entire space station with him in it.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
That's all really rad, I just think I was hoping that for once the theme of a Fallen raid wouldn't be yet another "giant trash abomination" and instead actually turn the idea on its head and present a final encounter in the deep stone crypt as some kind of mythological/high tech encounter with a Fallen using Exo tech to its full potential. Instead we get the Fallen yet again being incredible trash pandas which is certainly their MO

I've been simultaneously let down by the design decisions for specifically the concept of Deep Stone Crypt but also wowed by the cool design of the Clovis Bray facilities. Like, the idea of a Clovis Bray research facility on Europa has been executed perfectly. But the idea of a place called "Deep Stone Crypt" that has had all of this esoteric baggage and lore following it around for years just also... being part of that research facility without any element of the usual kind of raid "mythology" is a little weird.

But that drop pod launch animation and idea, drat

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Coldforge posted:

That's sentient alien milk embedded in golem forms, thank you very much.

Alien milk imply alien tits

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

24 hours have passed

Far more memorable vistas than Garden

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat we tried for a clear this morning but we ran out of time. Wish I could’ve gotten the emblem but it was still fun learning the raid mechanics and figuring them out without a video guide. Next time

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Got stuck on the second encounter last night, just couldn't get it done, very execution-heavy, and we got good at it at the same rate that we got more and more tired. We'll circle back around and finish later. Raid good.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah the whole raid is same complexity as final boss of GoS and also CoS. Seemingly intensely complicated but once you've got a groove for your personal role it's a cinch

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Scyantific posted:

24 hours have passed

Far more memorable vistas than Garden

Yeah Bungie really stepped their game up here. I hope we get more trips to outer space in the future.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I've done an Empire Hunt purchased from variks and an empire hunt launched directly from space and I'm at 0/2 on the weekly empire hunt challenge to do empire hunts as a quest step to do empire hunts

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah the whole raid is same complexity as final boss of GoS and also CoS. Seemingly intensely complicated but once you've got a groove for your personal role it's a cinch

Good, I’ve enjoyed all the post-Forsaken raids way more than Last Wish (needing to print out a cheat sheet of icon names to refer to every 2 minutes was not enjoyable)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I enjoyed the mechanics of this raid much more than the Garden of Salvation raid. Just think it was done much better and didn’t feel like some weird scuffed thing like the tether did

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've done an Empire Hunt purchased from variks and an empire hunt launched directly from space and I'm at 0/2 on the weekly empire hunt challenge to do empire hunts as a quest step to do empire hunts

Bungie made sure the raid was perfect but forgot about making sure everything else worked.

I can’t examine the EXO corpse during the Technocrat hunt.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RBA Starblade posted:

I think the Blow Up Europa part is the DSC defenses/AI/Clovis going "gently caress this", not the Fallen in particular, they're just trying to take you with them.

The big lore reveals for DSC is that Clovis made Exos using Clarity Control/Darkness and Vex stuff and the Exo reboots are both to prevent brain problems AND to prevent the latent Vex stuff from infiltrating them further, and the short story from the ARG shows that the Exo Stranger/Elsie could've killed the Vex with a paracasual weapon of some kind, but Clovis killed and rebooted/uploaded her before she could. The "long slow whisper" Cayde mentions in that one log is almost certainly the Vex worming their way in to all Exos.

In the ARG the station was put there geosynchronous above the research facility when Clovis snuck in stolen Vex samples from Ishtar. I don't remember exactly but I think it was supposed to be a resupply station but he actually just filled it with nukes and rigged it to fall on the facility in case the Vex got loose and overran everything.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Mill Village posted:

Bungie made sure the raid was perfect but forgot about making sure everything else worked.

I can’t examine the EXO corpse during the Technocrat hunt.

So funny enough that one isn't required. I found all nine without even going to that one (and then went later just to double-check and it wasn't interactable, but that might be because I'd already done them all). There's one in the room where the Exo Simulation quest step triggers, in the corner that wasn't in the guide I was looking at.

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

Managed it totally blind with my buddies in about 12 hours last night, it's an amazing raid in my opinion! There were lots of crazy setpieces and vistas, and that soundtrack in the outer space portion was perfect. I'm super glad I put up with the terrible grind to get there. One of us got the exotic rocket launcher and it's like someone strapped a wardcliff coil to Truth and injected it with steroids, the thing is completely busted in PvE and PvP
That said, the damage check on the last boss was brutal to the point of absurdity and we wiped once on Atraks because his health bar regenerated past his last stand, which was infuriating. I also wish stasis had been more of a component; only a few of us ran it for even a single encounter.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I really don't like using the titan Stasis class outside pvp, it's really fiddly feeling

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

RBA Starblade posted:

I really don't like using the titan Stasis class outside pvp, it's really fiddly feeling

It works better when you use the punch as a means to shatter ice instead of trying to land any direct hit on anything not significantly larger than you. It would be nice if the punch had either better tracking or more damage to compensate for the extra skill necessary to use it well.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The raid's Herd Thinner mod really trivializes the red bar mobs. They die about as fast as the ones in open world.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

The raid's Herd Thinner mod really trivializes the red bar mobs. They die about as fast as the ones in open world.

I assume these drop from the secret chests?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yes. Even with contest mode active I was shredding through red bars once I MW'd my raid bond and slapped that bad boy on

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Lament has been wildly inconsistent with it doing its moves. Sometimes it will do the full combo, other times it will do 1 swipe then stop. Is there a mechanic I am missing here?

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 22, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Republicans posted:

It works better when you use the punch as a means to shatter ice instead of trying to land any direct hit on anything not significantly larger than you. It would be nice if the punch had either better tracking or more damage to compensate for the extra skill necessary to use it well.

The stasis punch is titan’s single best movement ability and honestly I’ve found it most useful to gtfo from tight situations than for killing

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Couple questions:

1. Is the one empire hunt to get power kills on Europa busted?

2. What's everyone rocking for Ghost configs? I feel stuck using a 10% EXP and Wombo-Combo-Detector.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Snuffman posted:

Couple questions:

1. Is the one empire hunt to get power kills on Europa busted?

2. What's everyone rocking for Ghost configs? I feel stuck using a 10% EXP and Wombo-Combo-Detector.

1.: IIRC its power weapon precision kills, just worded badly

2.: Xp rank 4 and crucible rank 6 for yellow sticks

e: i thought about making 3 ghosts for gambit, strikes and crucible since i always forget to switch mods, but then agai i would just forget to switch ghosts, so theres that.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 23, 2020

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Same but Strikes for yellow sticks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I configure it for whatever I'm doing at the moment, don't see a reason not to. I'm just glad to finally use my Y1 Solstice of Heroes dinklebot. I'd like to use the whole armor set I grinded out too but at least there's that

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm using 50% glimmer and xp booster for my main ghost, because with the cost of the exotic booth and ascendant shards, I am actually burning a pretty large amount of glimmer at the moment.

The other one has Wombo + Bountiful Harvest in case I need to go trufflepig for resources.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol do nightfalls not guarantee a powerful upgrade anymore? My reward was a single blue piece of armor at the end.

e: Also what actually is the vanguard weekly challenge? I've done everything for Zavala as far as I can tell

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 23, 2020

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol do nightfalls not guarantee a powerful upgrade anymore? My reward was a single blue piece of armor at the end.

there's the powerful for doing 5 (higher difficulties count for more) and a pinnacle for getting 100k

I don't think they ever were just get a powerful every time

e; vanguard weekly is to do 3 strikes with the subclass matching the elemental modifier.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I thought Nightfalls was 3 adept for the powerful? This week I did 1 heroic and 1 adept to get it done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

First one in a a while but back earlier you just got one. That's a bummer.

Not a fan of the barrier mod system either