Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Solkanar512 posted:

Hey folks, I'm around AR23 and was wondering about any good articles about proper teaming. I've been looking at Genshin.gg and https://docs.google.com/document/d/1trRf3ttEbz8yHz6XgrDjDTAynCqt1B-6AMcMIzmpIRM/edit#heading=h.m9giuwiuitlb, but man I'm tired of sifting through the garbage fanart on the Reddit.

I'm currently running Ning, Bennet, Xingqiu and Xianglang. I feel like I need to remove Xiang for either Diona or Beidu/Fischl for more elemental variation. Any thoughts? I'm worried about experimenting too much because of how rare the level up mats are.

I currently have Diona, Barbara, Beidou, Sucrose and Chongyun on the sideline. Hopefully I'll have Fischl as well for tomorrow from the event.

At your level, everything kind of works, and you're probably not yet at the point where you can waste tons of material. Once you start leveling multiple toons past 50 is when it starts hurting. Plus, you should still have plenty of chests to open. So experiment away.

I'm guessing you're using Ningguang as main DPS. She's very self-sufficient, so you can really do whatever with your team. Probably the main thing you're missing is a bow user to deal with annoying flying poo poo.

Bussamove posted:

Man Paimon just lays on the stank during Childe’s story quest huh.

Stanky Paimon is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nessin posted:

My concern there is what is the jump in grinding leylines and bosses like at AR45 since you don't get a character/weapon level increase? And how will it be at AR50 if you're building characters up without grinding out decent artifacts because you're spending all your resin on xp books, mora, and ascension materials?

i feel like AR40 giving you the cap increase is mostly unnecessary for that point in the game, i think spawns will barely hit mid-70s? so the damage penalty you're getting from being at 70 is not very large. AR45 is only pushing them to an average of 80 so that you actually need to be ready on that 80/80 cap at that point. in terms of artifacts, they matter but they don't? i'm still rolling a ton of 4* pieces i would've gotten early on from world bosses, just because they have a proper mainstat and a couple of decent subs. i can imagine if i had lucked into minmax sets there would be a noticeable boost in performance but the game really isn't going to wall you outside of Abyss.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvCzYbVei04
A day in the life of John Lee

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Amuys posted:

A day in the life of John Lee

hey

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Rex Lapis arrested for misappropriation of funds, news at 11

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Was browsing my stories on Instagram and Genshin Impact had a sponsored post for a code GENSHINGIFT for 50 gems and 3 xp books.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sirbloody posted:

Was browsing my stories on Instagram and Genshin Impact had a sponsored post for a code GENSHINGIFT for 50 gems and 3 xp books.

Thanks it worked!

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

this mf bought 120K eating utensils as a gift for the guy he made pay for them in the first place. king

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yay, I think my Keqing is now finally strong enough to do more damage as a carry than my Jean (did her fourth ascension today and leveled her to 70, plus leveling up one of her key artifacts). She has something like 1850 attack now.

One kind of awkward thing is that she seems to do more damage when her attacks aren't electric (likely due to Aquila Favonia's Physical bonus), so using her ability that makes your attacks afterwards change to electric seems to briefly weaken her.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Are we getting a funeral parlor lady teammate? I say getting but I’m sixty pulls on banner and no Diona so I think there needs to be a different word.

Also I don’t get the worry about resources anymore at all. 40+ lasts weeks or months and you can just use resin in whatever dumbass way you want and it’s fine.

My actual concern for ‘this game is developed wrong’ is weapons in the character banners. It feels off and bad and I’m not that in to daydreaming fixes but it’d be nice if it were something different.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Ytlaya posted:

Yay, I think my Keqing is now finally strong enough to do more damage as a carry than my Jean (did her fourth ascension today and leveled her to 70, plus leveling up one of her key artifacts). She has something like 1850 attack now.

One kind of awkward thing is that she seems to do more damage when her attacks aren't electric (likely due to Aquila Favonia's Physical bonus), so using her ability that makes your attacks afterwards change to electric seems to briefly weaken her.

Check out physical Keqing builds vs. Electro builds. They both work, you just gotta make sure you build & play it correctly.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

kater posted:

Are we getting a funeral parlor lady teammate? I say getting but I’m sixty pulls on banner and no Diona so I think there needs to be a different word.

Also I don’t get the worry about resources anymore at all. 40+ lasts weeks or months and you can just use resin in whatever dumbass way you want and it’s fine.

My actual concern for ‘this game is developed wrong’ is weapons in the character banners. It feels off and bad and I’m not that in to daydreaming fixes but it’d be nice if it were something different.

There's some lady named Hu Tao who's master of the funeral parlor, so she's probably not the one in the video. That lady looks too plain to be a future playable.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

kater posted:

There's a character named Hu Tao who is mentioned in some of the character dialogs, and whose model has been in one of the leaks. She's supposedly the Master Hu that Zhong Li mentions occasionally.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

gandlethorpe posted:

There's some lady named Hu Tao who's master of the funeral parlor, so she's probably not the one in the video. That lady looks too plain to be a future playable.

Ferrylady is an existing in-game NPC; she stands outside the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. From Yansheng Teahouse, cross the wooden bridge, then turn left and walk until you see her.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
AR45 hasnt been a problem for me and I can do all of the domains solo with a level 70 team with mostly level 16 artifacts. I do own venti though which makes a big difference.

After spending 10 fragile resin on the TF and Venerer domains I got two or three really good artifacts, five acceptable ones, and three pretty bad ones that I'm using anyways. It's gone a bit better than I was expecting it to (still no 5 star electro cups unfortunately).

My plan for AR50 is to pre-farm the weapon ascension materials but not farm any bosses until I've increased WL - I heard that 5* drops become much more common from bosses at AR50.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Ytlaya posted:

That only happens if you teleport to the pin, you can do a charge attack to keep your damage physical.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

kater posted:

If it wasn't for weapons in the character banner I'd have next to no 4* weapons :shrug:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

because there are some uniquely good 4* weapons, and weapon types with limited or outright bad craftables (like bows), i think taking them out of the banner would be worse

i think having rotating rateup for the 4* characters so you can more easily target one might be enough to improve it. that or mess with the weapon rates so ones that are relevant to the featured characters are more likely to appear for your weapon pulls

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

12 for 12 on cryo meteorites. I just know the moment I swap Klee in, that'll change. I refuse to break up my squad.

My next batch was the same exact one as the last, but luckily I only need to do 2 to finish buying out the shop.

Phase 3 better not have this pulsing BS

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Phase 3 is just killing waves of mobs to gather energy on your character and then standing in a glowy spot to feed the energy into a big meteor without getting hit.

No weird elemental effects

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh my god, the spare few times I've decided to spend Primogems this event I have gotten no one but Ningguang three times in a row, what the actual hell.

And then everything else has been three star weapons aside from the two dragon pikes I picked up out of the blue. :psyduck:

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Nov 23, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ningguang with C2 is pretty awesome (though not quite as awesome as C6), so grats on becoming a Ning main

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Ningguang with C2 is pretty awesome (though not quite as awesome as C6), so grats on becoming a Ning main

Yeah, I have to say, that it seems like a pretty good skill to have. She really seems like she shines a lot more based on how much of her constellation gets filled out.

But me not playing gacha games before hand just makes me wish this was just for constellation abilities and you could actually get characters in some other manner besides rolling the dice and hoping someone new shows up and it's not 28 one handed swords that stop being useful past AR17 or whenever they get outclassed.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So I finally hit AR45 and dumped all of the 20 Resins I was holding onto. Here's the results:

Venti is the big winner, rocking full 5-star Viridescent Flower/Feather/ATK Timepiece/ATK Circlet, and a 5-star Maiden's goblet that rolled Anemo Damage. He exists to make Diluc better. Diluc E Combo > flame absorb Venti Q, Venti E, wait for them to hit the floor and swap to Xingqiu, Q, Bennett, Q, back to Diluc to mulch. Venti's T4 Ascension perk gives both Bennet and Diluc energy when it absorbs flame.

Diluc in second, with 5-star Crimson Witch Flower/Feather/ATK Goblet, 4-star ATK Timepiece and a random 5-star ATK Wanderer hat I had. He sits at 2500 ATK unbuffed and just chews through whatever he's pointed at.

Fischl is currently babysitting Zhongli's future set, 5* Bloodstained Flower/Atk Headpiece, Gladiator's Feather/ATK Timepiece, and a random ATK Goblet. I'll get her a Thundering Fury set at some point. The intent with Zhongli is to set him up with Crescent spear and Superconduct support, srop the meteor and then fill enemies in with white damage while they're petrified. Bloodstained should boost Crescent's additional damage procs.

Jean ended up with a 5* Maiden's Flower and ATK Goblet, and a Gladiator Feather and ATK Goblet, plus a random ATK Circlet. Since all I do is pull her out to heal.

Geo MC has 4-piece Noblesse, all with ATK, which I might take off him and give to Bennett or Xingqiu. MC is only really there to drop rocks for Zhongli to explode/resonate. He might get replaced with Ningguang who I just got to C2.

Diona has 2-piece Bolide and 2-piece Scholar, with HP on all.

I still have farming left to do; Xingqiu and Bennett (or MC) need stuff. Double 4 piece Noblesse doesn't stack, sadly. Maybe two Noblesse and two Gladiator for Bennett. Geo MC may want to go full energy recharge.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Some fun Ningguang trivia.

Back in CBT2, she was completely different. Crystallize didn't drop crystals for shields, it debuffed the enemy so they did less damage with elemental attacks. She couldn't trigger this version crystallize without using her burst either. Her elemental skill didn't do damage until C2. She didn't get Jade Stars for hitting enemies either for her charge attack. Her main gimmick was that if you shot attacks through her Jade Screen, the attacks would power up.

She had Sucrose's crafting talent though, at 20% chance of a refund.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

TheFluff posted:

The game is just poorly designed in general in many ways. It seems to me like the whole thing was designed by a bunch of different teams with completely different goals that weren't really talking to each other. This is most glaringly obvious in how the dungeon design and stamina system clashes with the open world RPG mechanics. The game is clearly designed for mobile play with mobile session times, which is why every fight outside of the Abyss is like max 3-5 minutes long, and the whole stamina system is built for this as well. The thing is though that the game is actually terrible on mobile and all the higher end content is immensely difficult because of the controls. So what you end up with is a mostly PC game that's sort of like a solo MMO that you can't grind in because you're stamina limited, and with the most boring dungeon design I've ever seen.

This game is almost all style and no substance. Once the novelty of running around Liyue wears off there's not a whole lot left to enjoy. The combat system is interesting but there's quite a bit of jankiness in the actual mechanics, you can't experiment with new comps because resource planning for grinding characters is the game, and the amount of actually interesting combat content in the game is very small.

At this point the only reason I'm still playing is "number go up" brain damage.

The game is the story+exploration. There's quite a lot of it already, and they're making more. But once you're done with it, you're done, you're not supposed to keep playing the game a bunch. You're put into a holding pattern where you can kind of do things and they kind of make the numbers go up, but not really. You're waiting for new content. Chill out and wait!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Is there much thinking needed for gearing up at A45 besides going to a character's element and getting that set?

The thing I'm looking at recommends Wanderer's Troupe for Klee, which is interesting I guess but doesn't seem better than Crimson Witch.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Witch doesn't seem that good, she obviously likes the 2pc effect but because her skill CD is so high you won't get good uptime on the 4pc bonus stacking. all the increases in reaction damage will vary in usefulness depending on your team since Klee/XQ can reliably let her Vaporize but if you're using other setups where she isn't actually the reaction trigger then you get none of that bonus damage.

Wanderer's meanwhile is just a straightforward set that is hard to waste because her whole gameplan is charge attack spam.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Main DPSers usually have one or two choices. Supports are where you have more variety (e.g. Noblesse, Instructor, Gambler, Petra). Except for anemo where VV is just too good, unless you're Jean.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

kater posted:

Is there much thinking needed for gearing up at A45 besides going to a character's element and getting that set?

What did surprise me is that apparently thundersoother is better for Keqing than thundering fury.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Osmosisch posted:

What did surprise me is that apparently thundersoother is better for Keqing than thundering fury.

Keqing doesn't trigger electric reactions often because she applies the element so fast, so she doesn't get benefit from the thundering fury 4pc. The thundering fury 4pc instead is basically a 35% damage boost to all of your damage. That will probably provide a bigger damage boost than 2pc TF and 2pc gladiator unless you have absurdly low amounts of atk% damage boosts and incredibly high amounts of damage% boosts.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Nov 23, 2020

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Osmosisch posted:

If you're only making 1 set for her and want iot to be all around good, 2 glad 2 tf also is a good "Never bad" set

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So the new meteor event can be done either solo or co-op, but it's much faster in co-op. Doing it by myself, I was taking about nine minutes per run, whereas my co-op runs were under four.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
A poem about my evening:

Would you like single player or co-op?
You have selected single player, therefore we have put you in co-op.
You cannot start this quest while in co-op.

Looks like it's five days to buy out the shop at AR35 level, so yay for being able to farm again just as I hit 40 and the pyrovine goes up a dozen levels. :shepface:

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
lol at the guy who needs a specific homecooked dish to not starve

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mailer posted:

A poem about my evening:

Would you like single player or co-op?
You have selected single player, therefore we have put you in co-op.
You cannot start this quest while in co-op.

Looks like it's five days to buy out the shop at AR35 level, so yay for being able to farm again just as I hit 40 and the pyrovine goes up a dozen levels. :shepface:

Bring Barbara in, Pyrovine’s the biggest joke in the room among the world bosses.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

ate five moons and did some artifact domains...

i got one clearly good usable piece and maybe a few i'd consider for set purposes.

this is going to be quite a grind.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

inthesto posted:

So the new meteor event can be done either solo or co-op, but it's much faster in co-op. Doing it by myself, I was taking about nine minutes per run, whereas my co-op runs were under four.

Just to offer an opposing view here, if you have a strong party with the event damage up characters then you should be able to easily clear it solo in 3-4 minutes. Whereas co-op can be slightly faster, but can also give you a party of monkeys. I ended up finding it easier to go solo but YMMV.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Pleasantly surprised by the story/writing for this event. I can only hope that Mihoyo is able to keep up the development speed so people don't get bored and drop off.

I'm torn on Zhongli because Geo is just not a competitive element considering how vital reactions are to doing damage and a piddly shield doesn't really help much.

moush fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

moush posted:

Pleasantly surprised by the story/writing for this event. I can only hope that Mihoyo is able to keep up the development speed so people don't get bored and drop off.

I really liked the contrast between Fischl and Mona's reaction when Scaramouche showed up. It really showed how much Fischl was out of her element compared to someone with, y'know, actual powers of clairvoyance.