Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mostly get two mats, still bad rates on ones that i actually need though. finally starting to see prototypes as well even though they're the wrong ones and my artifacts suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I have so many bow prototypes.

awesmoe posted:

Is there another way to increase adventurererer rank than just a) using resin b) dailies c) exploring? Like, outside of world exploration, there's only so much rank you can gain per day? I'm at 29 and it just feels slow.
Quests are kinda baked in to the system already, since they only unlock at specific AR levels anyway.

The game is the quests and exploration. Once those are done there is daily resin/commission that get you adventure xp but really the game is over and what remains is a skeleton that obsessed people can dance with.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

No Wave posted:

C6 diona is bad rear end but really cries for a fire carry. I would even try out Bennett (tho that may only be worth it floor 12)

All there is to her is stacking as much energy recharge as possible and charging her ult with E holds every 15 seconds. Putting a crit rate helm on her with favonious warbow is great because her E crits will build energy, sac bow is good too if you have it. So you just want to use her ult every thirty seconds or so and ideally get some melt off of it. You'll get shields while you're doing this.

She's still like fine even in a comp that doesnt care about cryo she's just a healer in that case.

How competitive is physical damage off of Superconduct for a character like Razor when paired with Diona? I know the big numbers come from Melt and Vaporize, but unless I go the DPS Xiangling route, I think Razor is my best bet for a second DPS carry.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Trihugger posted:

How competitive is physical damage off of Superconduct for a character like Razor when paired with Diona? I know the big numbers come from Melt and Vaporize, but unless I go the DPS Xiangling route, I think Razor is my best bet for a second DPS carry.

Extremely competitive

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Razor is an amazing carry and he does it via Superconduct and big booty physical DPS. There's also physical damage Keqing for similar results although I think she's a bit more finnicky to make work.

Diona will be a great cryo enabler because she offers shields and healing on top of enabling Superconduct, although there was debate some pages ago about her vs Kaeya for the purpose of supporting Razor/Keqing.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

dogsicle posted:

taking Venti into a random co-op event is just rude ngl, please think of your melee carries

is it just a matter of having the character you want to use in control when you start matchmaking? I did it once last night and wasn't really paying attention

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

awesmoe posted:

Also I'm running tartag/beidou/diona/???? but I'm having trouble finding a 4th that I like, and I dont wanna invest too heavily in a million different chars to try them out.
Options for the slot are fishl, kequing, razor, xingqiu, ningguang, barbara, + the free ones. Any ~~~meta~~~ recommendations?

You want some kind of fire support for constant Vaporise procs. Bennett is wonderful for massive melee ults if you can buy him, or Xiangling otherwise.

You could also try Ningguang with the Geo Artifact set and try for Hydro + Crystallize procs to get that fat 35% damage boost.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

dogsicle posted:

taking Venti into a random co-op event is just rude ngl, please think of your melee carries

Same with Chongyun, I had one event take far longer than it needed to because he kept nerfing my Keqing's damage output

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

kater posted:

I have so many bow prototypes.

The game is the quests and exploration. Once those are done there is daily resin/commission that get you adventure xp but really the game is over and what remains is a skeleton that obsessed people can dance with.

Really it's two games in one. You have the quests and exploration game, and then the mobile gacha numbers go up game. They blur together a little bit here and there but are otherwise almost completely separate. The problem comes when people want more of the first, and it's hard to identify that that game is over because the other half of the game is still there.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Trihugger posted:

It's a very good pair. It doesn't get much usage out of Diona's C6 but that's not a big deal.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

MarquiseMindfang posted:

You want some kind of fire support for constant Vaporise procs. Bennett is wonderful for massive melee ults if you can buy him, or Xiangling otherwise.

You could also try Ningguang with the Geo Artifact set and try for Hydro + Crystallize procs to get that fat 35% damage boost.

Cheers, I'll see if i can get a bennet. I've been running ning mostly but she's a little unimpressive so far (without that artifact set or whatever)

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Really it's two games in one. You have the quests and exploration game, and then the mobile gacha numbers go up game. They blur together a little bit here and there but are otherwise almost completely separate. The problem comes when people want more of the first, and it's hard to identify that that game is over because the other half of the game is still there.

yeah its this. for the exploration and world is a nice and lovely wrapper around the numbers-go-up bit, but the numbers-go-up bit has got its hooks in my brain and i need them to go up more and faster :(

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

padijun posted:

is it just a matter of having the character you want to use in control when you start matchmaking? I did it once last night and wasn't really paying attention

afaik it takes your first slot, not sure if you can swap during the preparation period but it would just be done via going into the party menu.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Picked up the Solar Pearl from the BP and shoved it on Ningguang. She seems pretty drat good. What kinda party comps are you guys running with her as a carry? Currently thinking about going Ningguang/Fischl/Venti/Bennett. Only having Electro/Pyro to break elemental shields with seems like a pain though. I don't think Viridescent Venerer can apply to geo either which makes Venti seem like a questionable choice, but I really can't pass up gathering everything up on a character with so much aoe.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 23, 2020

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
I took Noelle into my meteor events, shields prevent interruption so long as it's the right damage type and not a knockback attack. Bonus heals are nice on the side to ensure everyone can just focus on the whammo, and with Prototype Animus she's still putting out not terrible damage.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ashenai posted:

lol at the guy who needs a specific homecooked dish to not starve

I can't blame any random NPC for wanting comfort food after getting out of their magic meteor induced coma

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

MotU posted:

I have a XQ C6 at level one and a C2 lvl 80 Klee someone teach me how to KleeQ

I think the common wisdom about Klee being a charge attack spammer is a bit wrong in your specific case, because the minilaser Klee fires from her C1 fires when her charge attack starts charging, so the piddly 71% hit will Vaporize away the multiplier from XQ's swords before the 236% charge attack hit lands. My understanding is that while XQ's ult is active you want to use klee's autoattack instead, ideally by holding a direction and attacking with the proper timing to step cancel, causing you to spam her (great) first attack instead of doing the (mediocre) full chain.

EDIT: The overall idea is that a C6 XQ's ult can spawn 50-57 water swords over a period of 18 seconds, with a 92% multiplier each at level 9 (which you can easily reach due to him being C6). If you can have Klee fire all of those swords off (which is unrealistic, given that you'll spend at least some of that time repositioning or evading), that's something like 4800% damage, plus the fact that each of Klee's attacks is being boosted by vaporize for a 50% damage bonus over the entire duration. It's one of the dumbest buttons in the game.

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 23, 2020

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

dogsicle posted:

afaik it takes your first slot, not sure if you can swap during the preparation period but it would just be done via going into the party menu.

I just tried it again, it's whoever you're controlling at the time.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Some pretty neat fanart of a hypothetical Klee-based Bomberman clone: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1ra4y1p7pC

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Final part of this event sucks rear end by yourself.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Squiddycat posted:

Final part of this event sucks rear end by yourself.

Turns out you get full rewards even at someone else's lower world level so it was extremely trivial in co-op when it matched me with someone at WL1.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Getting shot with .1 seconds left before the final transmission is very annoying.

Unrelated, it turns out that the Portable Stove is very misleadingly named. It lets you spawn a stove anywhere, but that stove is then stuck there permanently. You can't interact with it except to cook.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Some Numbers posted:

Getting shot with .1 seconds left before the final transmission is very annoying.

Unrelated, it turns out that the Portable Stove is very misleadingly named. It lets you spawn a stove anywhere, but that stove is then stuck there permanently. You can't interact with it except to cook.

What are you supposed to do, find your favourite remote spot and plunk it down next to your porta-waypoint?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I guess? It honestly feels kind of worthless unless you want to put one next to a bunch of Waypoints.

Unless we get the ability to make a base at some point. Then it would be useful.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Lol, it wouldn't even be that useful if it were a permanent item you could take out and stow at will. Just cook at the many spots located near a waypoint.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

gandlethorpe posted:

Lol, it wouldn't even be that useful if it were a permanent item you could take out and stow at will. Just cook at the many spots located near a waypoint.

But this would require you to unequip the treasure compass, which seems like a poor trade. Also today I learned that the treasure compass wasn't a consumable, so don't hesitate spending 50 crystal chunks on it.

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja
The treasure compass has 100% been worth it for me. I've missed so many chests that I'll likely get 1/2 - 2/3 of level 45 just from all of the chests I'm finding in Liyue.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

How do you guys have enough rep to get the Treasure Compasses this early?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Mostly by hunting down ruin hunters in the wilds of Liyue.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Right, you can only hunt three of those per week.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

GrandpaPants posted:

Also today I learned that the treasure compass wasn't a consumable

Motherf... guess I need to swap over to getting Liyue rep.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Portable stove is meh for now, but might be more valuable in the future. The next update is a huge cold mountain, it's possible it will have way less fireplaces than the current well-lived-in areas.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i still think finding camps can be obnoxious on occasion, same for if i'm running a team without pyro at the time. but mainly i use the stove as a mobile claim/submit point for processing ingredients since it's so cheap to make.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Turns out you get full rewards even at someone else's lower world level so it was extremely trivial in co-op when it matched me with someone at WL1.

I've got a crippling fear of other human beings so co-op's out

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

MotU posted:

I have a XQ C6 at level one and a C2 lvl 80 Klee someone teach me how to KleeQ

Get XQ ult, practice the range, you want it so the swords reach the target before her bombs.

Then you do the Auto combo. You auto while holding forward, the timing is when her hand reaches the bottom right, then youll spam her first auto which is the highest DPS

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja

Some Numbers posted:

I focused entirely on Liyue quests/bounties. Totally ignored Mondstat.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iloverice posted:

I focused entirely on Liyue quests/bounties. Totally ignored Mondstat.

Same, I want that sweet, sweet geo glider, then comes Mondstadt.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Unfortunately since this game only released with the first two zones, out of 7, most people are spending their time doing the equivalent of grinding to level 100 in the starter town.

Once all the zones come out, this is going to be a 200+ hour quest and explore game, with 20 minutes a day dedicated to doing single room challenge encounters to get level up materials and artifacts. It’s a reasonable system to me (for a gatcha game).

If you don’t like the fact that all there is left to do is spend 150 resin per day, take a break until the next zones come out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Final Fantasy 14's director, with literal hundreds of hours of story content alone, tells people to take a break. And they're subscription based.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Some Numbers posted:

Was already level 3 from all the stuff they gave credit for on launch of the rep system, so just doing Liyue bounties/requests since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Tae posted:

Final Fantasy 14's director, with literal hundreds of hours of story content alone, tells people to take a break. And they're subscription based.
but the entire purpose of playing the game is to take a break
its 2020 goddamnit i dont need no game telling me to go back to the real world