Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

How do you guys have enough rep to get the Treasure Compasses this early?

Liyue has more quests (and therefore more reputation xp), so people who focused on that can barely reach rank 6 this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm all about that portable waypoint so I went Monstadt.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I guess I've had my focus too split on wanting both sets of Reputation rewards, so I'm at level 4 in Mondstadt and level 5 in Liyue.

But I can get hit level 6 if I focus on Liyue at the beginning of next week.

I also really want that portable Waypoint.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I sincerely doubt 200 hours of storyline content. If you sit and listen/read through every single bit of text the current game has maybe twenty hours, if you're being generous. I dig the exploration side of it but unless you're exploring and doing story/side quests in just the right ratio it definitely drags when you're in the middle of a story arc and the game tells you to go pick up a hundred chests until number go up so the story can continue.

Given they seem to be going with areas requiring increasing AR the new content will likely follow the same pattern. It's weird coming in from more mainstream games where the story is all frontloaded and you don't see the grind for numbers until after.

Edit: I meant I seriously doubt this game will have 200 hours of storyline content.

awesmoe posted:

its 2020 goddamnit i dont need no game telling me to go back to the real world

I have very bad things to tell you about modern everything-is-a-service game design...

Mailer fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 24, 2020

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Official Zhongli post is up now for those who weren't looking on honeyhunter.

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/6902

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Geo explode looks decent

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mailer posted:

I sincerely doubt 200 hours of storyline content.

That was referencing to FF14

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

moush posted:

Official Zhongli post is up now for those who weren't looking on honeyhunter.

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/6902

That gif of the elemental skill hold explains the rumor about him being able to "burst shields," hah.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Has anyone had additional experience regarding the multiplayer account hack thing where players can hi-jack accounts by joining co-op worlds? A little hesitant to do the co-op meteor event because of it and just did some single player runs earlier.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hyper Inferno posted:

Has anyone had additional experience regarding the multiplayer account hack thing where players can hi-jack accounts by joining co-op worlds? A little hesitant to do the co-op meteor event because of it and just did some single player runs earlier.

Sounds kinda BS imo

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
I sometimes hate this game. Even though I already have x1 Childe I been pulling on the banner to attempt to get my Ningguang to C6 (She is C5 so I figured it wouldn't be that hard) since I was so far from the next 5* pity. 24 pulls in I got my Ningguang to C5 10 pulls later I got a C1 Diona and now because my son insisted I had enough gems for another roll.... C1 Childe. I guess I REALLY need to make a team for him now (Shame I just have the Amos bow for him but better than nothing), and here I was trying to build up my pity to see if I want to pull on the Zhongli banner.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sirbloody posted:

(Shame I just have the Amos bow for him but better than nothing)

The Amos bow is only beat by an R5 rust(by like 2%) and the skyward harp. It's a really loving good bow for Childe.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sirbloody posted:

I sometimes hate this game. Even though I already have x1 Childe I been pulling on the banner to attempt to get my Ningguang to C6 (She is C5 so I figured it wouldn't be that hard) since I was so far from the next 5* pity. 24 pulls in I got my Ningguang to C5 10 pulls later I got a C1 Diona and now because my son insisted I had enough gems for another roll.... C1 Childe. I guess I REALLY need to make a team for him now (Shame I just have the Amos bow for him but better than nothing), and here I was trying to build up my pity to see if I want to pull on the Zhongli banner.

:same:

Mine was 19 pulls though. Still hunting for Ningguang.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!

berenzen posted:

The Amos bow is only beat by an R5 rust(by like 2%) and the skyward harp. It's a really loving good bow for Childe.

If only the event wasn't taking ALL my resin so I could actually ascend him. Right when this event is done (Well the shop I mean) I will be working on getting him up to par.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my favorite part of the current stage is definitely how it starts with a wave of like ten little hilichurls that Childe can shred in a single riptide chain reaction

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

At AR45, you do have to run through the upgrade dungeon in order to get 5 star artifacts?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I don't think so ,as that only affects world level. If you can do the level 80 domains your good

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

dogsicle posted:

my favorite part of the current stage is definitely how it starts with a wave of like ten little hilichurls that Childe can shred in a single riptide chain reaction

same, only, mona lighting off her water nuke

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Mailer posted:

I sincerely doubt 200 hours of storyline content.

If this is reference to my post, I didn't meant to say 200 hours of storyline content. I meant 200 hours of questing + exploring. It took me maybe 50 hours to get through the whole story start to finish, including exploring for chests, doing domains, fighting bosses, etc. You can't just burn through the storyline anyways, it has AR requirements that you can only get to if you do side stuff as well.

If Mondstadt took maybe 20 hours, and Liyue 30, and all the remaining zones are of Liyue size, then you get (6*30)+20 which is 200. It's all tea leaves anyways, since it's not actually out, but assuming the game lives long enough to see all 7 zones complete, 200 hours isn't out of the question.

I do find it really loving bad pacing that you gotta grind inbetween story quests, maybe that will get fixed later if they add in more quests to the initial zones.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

At AR45, you do have to run through the upgrade dungeon in order to get 5 star artifacts?

I dont believe so but why put it off its free pulls and better drops in world.

Lechtansi posted:

If Mondstadt took maybe 20 hours, and Liyue 30, and all the remaining zones are of Liyue size, then you get (6*30)+20 which is 200. It's all tea leaves anyways, since it's not actually out, but assuming the game lives long enough to see all 7 zones complete, 200 hours isn't out of the question.

The next area looks to be smaller than even Mondstadt.

Kild fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 24, 2020

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

That isn't a region though, they are talking about each country with an archon

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stormgale posted:

That isn't a region though, they are talking about each country with an archon

Huh? It's the electric archon area isn't it?

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Kild posted:

Huh? It's the electric archon area

No, that's not Inazuma. Inazuma's islands cause it's fake RPG japan and is off somewhere east of Guyun stone forest IIRC. Dragonspine Mountain is where the other dragon lived.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kild posted:

Huh? It's the electric archon area isn't it?

No that's the mountain just south of mondstadt.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Weird considering we're getting the lightning element for the traveler there I believe?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

No we aren't, this is an interlude as far as we can tell

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i haven't seen/heard any new leaks related to new abilities, but Inazuma isn't really expected until next year with 1.4 or later

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My guess is Inazuma will be 2.0, but who knows ww

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kild posted:

I dont believe so but why put it off its free pulls and better drops in world.

Because I'd rather spend some time getting good artifacts before I make my world level harder.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Because I'd rather spend some time getting good artifacts before I make my world level harder.

Good luck, you can spend literally thousands of Resin trying to get good artifacts and fail. If you can clear WL5 stuff fairly comfortably, then you can clear WL6 overworld pretty easily. There's not a huge difficulty spike between the 2 world levels. Things just take a little bit longer to die is all.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Lechtansi posted:

If this is reference to my post, I didn't meant to say 200 hours of storyline content.

I snuck in an edit. What I meant to say was in relation to FF15 having 200 hours of content - I don't see, when fully expanded, GI having that much story content. The actual story content is extremely sparse and it's gated by going out and hunting for chests for many hours in between quests. When they brought up Evil Bad Lady who's name I can't recall in Childe's introduction at the bank I had no idea who they were talking about until the end when she showed up. I'd long since forgotten the Venti segment with her because it was so many hours in between the two beats.

Early on it's paced a lot better, and with so many secrets and chests you wind up getting lost on your way to the destination instead of having no destination and needing to methodically search every corner of the map for chests until your AR goes up. It comes back around to being cool to find one when you have like 90% of them and just happen to look a different direction on your way to a daily.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

berenzen posted:

Good luck, you can spend literally thousands of Resin trying to get good artifacts and fail. If you can clear WL5 stuff fairly comfortably, then you can clear WL6 overworld pretty easily. There's not a huge difficulty spike between the 2 world levels. Things just take a little bit longer to die is all.

This is why I was asking if AR 45 unlocks the guaranteed 5* or if I need to up the world level.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

This is why I was asking if AR 45 unlocks the guaranteed 5* or if I need to up the world level.

You don't need to up the world level to access domains, but you will need to do so to beat wolf and access to better chances at 5* gladiator gear from world bosses. All I'm saying is that WL6 is not that big a difficulty spike, if you can clear the dungeon to raise the WL, you can clear everything in WL6.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Mailer posted:

I snuck in an edit. What I meant to say was in relation to FF15 having 200 hours of content - I don't see, when fully expanded, GI having that much story content. The actual story content is extremely sparse and it's gated by going out and hunting for chests for many hours in between quests. When they brought up Evil Bad Lady who's name I can't recall in Childe's introduction at the bank I had no idea who they were talking about until the end when she showed up. I'd long since forgotten the Venti segment with her because it was so many hours in between the two beats.

Early on it's paced a lot better, and with so many secrets and chests you wind up getting lost on your way to the destination instead of having no destination and needing to methodically search every corner of the map for chests until your AR goes up. It comes back around to being cool to find one when you have like 90% of them and just happen to look a different direction on your way to a daily.

how do you define "fully expanded" here, because there's no reason to assume the story content will ever stop being expanded on as long as the game is live

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mailer posted:

Finding 120 chests is equivalent XP to one set of daily commissions. It isn't really a core mechanic of the game. Daily commissions and resin are.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Some Numbers posted:

I didn't notice a big difference. Klee feels a bit squishier, but I still roast the Oceanid, Anemo Cube, etc. Only thing I really had to do was be on point with my dashing and heals. The island in the stone forest with 4-5 ruin guards is a fucker though.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

YES bread posted:

how do you define "fully expanded" here, because there's no reason to assume the story content will ever stop being expanded on as long as the game is live

I read somewhere they plan to have all seven nations represented, which will probably take a couple of years. There's nothing to say they couldn't expand older areas with more sidequests and whatnot, and I'm hoping they do, but just as a baseline I'm assuming five more areas the size of Mondstadt.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They've also referred to this as the "Teyvat chapter" and your character is already a dimension hopper so they've already written themselves a justification for adding stuff indefinitely

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why does Mona have so much screen time, more than almost any other 5 star

put her on rate up goddamnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Who gets the most fanart? Fischl. Who gets the biggest youtube clickbait? Mona.

Mihoyo: I've got an idea for an event.