Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Gang tags are for nerds.

We should have a gang tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Here's the perfect gang tag: a reference to a reference and taken from a comic book that exploited two different industry booms.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I've been thinking about making a thread where we put our heads together and bang out some candidates for BSS-flavoured gangtags basically since my first day as mod. I might DM X-O about it soon and see if he's interested in making that happen as well!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

JordanKai posted:

I've been thinking about making a thread where we put our heads together and bang out some candidates for BSS-flavoured gangtags basically since my first day as mod. I might DM X-O about it soon and see if he's interested in making that happen as well!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

JordanKai posted:

Hell yeah. I kind of regret that I only ever really did two gang-tag giveaways and they were both pretty niche. I see a bunch of Sluggo is Lit ones around still but Iron Man Chef was kind of a uhhhhhhhhhh diamond in the rough.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Skating Iron Man is about gangtag sized

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jordan7hm posted:

Gang tags are for nerds.

We should have a gang tag.
I would kind of like a Gang Tags Are For Nerds gang tag.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:hai:

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
If people are just proposing gangtags willy nilly

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

winter gang-tag should in fact be snow goons

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/JosephGlass/status/1331267836795379713?s=19

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

drat it, I'm into Belgian cartoonists swinging dildo nunchucks. The worst part is there hasn't been any of that since Herge died.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Huh, I didn't know that Bendis concluded Powers a few months ago, after keeping it in limbo for years at a time. I fell off that train a long time ago but I checked it out anyway and I liked the ending; most of the callbacks were to things that happened back when I was still reading it. Probably worth reading if you were into it up until Walker got a new partner.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Holy loving poo poo.

https://twitter.com/The25thBam_/status/1331739655398715392?s=20

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Brutal

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

:siren: The Gang Tag Drive is live!! :siren:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I love Bill Sienkiewicz and his art, and I really love his affection for Marvel adaptations, but did he actually watch Netflix's Daredevil

https://twitter.com/sinKEVitch/status/1332101879191408640?s=20

cause nothing's gonna save Ben Urich

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if Bill Sienkiewicz wants Ben Ulrich back, bring Ben Ulrich back

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
The original art thread hasn't been posted in for over two years, so I'm just going to drop it here- got two pages from my favourite issue of the original Men In Black comic (a huge deal for me as a kid) in the mail today!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Oh no, when did our forum description get changed

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Soonmot posted:

Oh no, when did our forum description get changed

Not too long after Halloween. I'm the one who changed it so all ire is to be directed at me!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Zack Snyder is my best friend.

He says "Hi"

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Roth posted:

He says "Hi"

Tell him I hope he's doing okay! :yayclod:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Roth posted:

He says "Hi"

Hook him up with an account already!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lol I cannot imagine someone getting run out faster than snyder would

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
he would def sign his posts with like a dozen banners

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

His avatar would be him wearing oakleys.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

There a 30% chance he already had an account and quit when LF got shut down.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I was gonna make a joke about some notorious perma-ed poster was secretly Zach Snyder, but every one I could think of would've been too insulting to Snyder.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I was gonna make a joke about some notorious perma-ed poster was secretly Zach Snyder, but every one I could think of would've been too insulting to Snyder.

Delores Tyranny Atlas?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Skwirl posted:

Getfiscal

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
anyone have advice on getting toploaders in the mail? i tried amazon, shattered of course. i tried a hobby shop 3rd party seller on amazon thinking theyd pack it to not break, also shattered.

is there a good way to buy these and get 10 useable loaders?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Toploaders?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The PVC comic holders, I presume.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is the only toploader I recognize

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Dawgstar posted:

The PVC comic holders, I presume.

not my book/photo

but yes, just gives things more rigidity then just a bag/board and makes it easier to stack/store in the boxes i'm using, also looks pretty nice imo

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
I've had good luck ordering directly from BCW.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

the guy from Semisonic posted:

I've had good luck ordering directly from BCW.

on backorder until march from BCW directly...

going to see if theres an ebay markup, maybe i can convince a seller on there to send it protected, barring that LCS...pain in the asssss

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"Give me the most 90s you've got!"

"Oh god! Too 90s! Too 90s!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Random Stranger posted:

"Give me the most 90s you've got!"

"Oh god! Too 90s! Too 90s!"