Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

why is there no bugsnax thread yet

SERIOUSLY!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I'm thinkin bout those bugsnax quite a lot

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are people still talking 'bout Bugsnax?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are people still talking 'bout Bugsnax?

Obviously not, since there's no thread.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm playing Resi 3 remake now

It sure is uh a game called Resi 3

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm playing Resi 3 remake now

It sure is uh a game called Resi 3

I own it because of the Halloween bundle and everyone says it's bad but like why is it bad? I mean how could they gently caress up that formula? Is it just boring and short and :effort: cause I can deal with that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The original used nemesis to ramp up the tension because you were never sure when he was going to appear again, the remake uses him to bludgeon you to death with chase sequences. Also they got rid of the choice system that occasionally changed things up for different playthroughs making it 100% linear.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

Thank you friends for joining me in my further adventures of Dark Souls! I am especially thankful for mosquitojones for helping me defeat Queequeg at the bottom of blighttown. That whole area was so tough and my weapon was barely doing anything at all to her until you sent some gold resin my way :3:

I love streaming and having you all encourage me :)

Blighttown definitely lived up to the hushed and disdainful tones that goons use when discussing it. Those dart boys were very cheeky and the mosquitoes were irritating beyond all belief just hovering above me and attacking without me being able to hit them. Also the tiny fire cats.

Though we did do speed strats of just running as fast as I can and dropping down the various wooden platforms.

Also MANEATER MILDRED!!! Hehehe. It was an awesome evening :3:

Sorry I had to bail out cuz it was my bedtime so I didnt get to see you defeat queequeg but it was a hell of a lot of fun seeing you take on blighttown!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

enough of this, corn. get ps+ and play bloodsouls with us you drat goon :blastu:

Okay I can feel my resolve weakening....

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Simone Magus posted:

I've played a few more hours of Bugsnax and, uh, well

it's still really freaking good

I haven't even unlocked the fourth area yet. I've been having fun with my little bug buddies and also feeding them to my friends and change them into horrible Frankenstein nightmares

I started talking bout thos bugsnax as a joke but now I'm talking bout thos bugsnax cuz it's no joke

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

STARS!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I am enjoying Yakuza Like A Dragon so loving much lol.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

JBP posted:

I am enjoying Yakuza Like A Dragon so loving much lol.
Abuse the hell out of that chef attack where they knock them down and put pepper in their face. It’s usable by other jobs but it probably shouldn’t be, from a balance perspective.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Sorry I had to bail out cuz it was my bedtime so I didnt get to see you defeat queequeg but it was a hell of a lot of fun seeing you take on blighttown!

:3: No problem at all! It was fun to finally visit that place only spoken about negatively! I can only imagine how difficult it must have been on a PS3 with a Dualshock 3 controller and a tanking frame rate. Yikes!

SubponticatePoster posted:

You are most welcome. Summon me again next time, I have a bunch more stuff to drop you. Mostly consumables but also a couple weapons you might like. When you've hit endgame and have half a million souls just sitting there it's nothing buying a few resins or whatever.

Honestly, without your resin and assistance that boss would have just been one long war of attrition and that would have not been any fun at all whatsoever.

Oscar Wild posted:

You started to get the visual clues that torches were next to ladders. My sight is terrible also. Loved the moment you discovered the valley of the drakes shortcut. The way this part of the world is so tightly knit and the areas are stitched together is why I love this game.

I had been around there briefly due to the master key but turned back after I hit that eyeless dragon in the head to see if it was alive and figured, yeah I have not even levelled up yet I am here way too early :D At least now I know the other route to blighttown should I need to go down there again. It is possible because of Quequeg's sister and any cool spells!

And I am definitely enjoying it more than I was. It has to be the streaming aspect of the game. I love to game with people by my side in real life, so the streaming part is enhancing my fun.

I am excited to go in Onion head's open door, also excited to go downstairs to Darkroot again and try that big sealed door as well! Plus there is still (at some point) the Valley of the Drakes, the ruins under Firelink Shrine, the Darkroot Basin and the Catacombs! (I am so glad I did not get stuck down there - thank you Balder Side Sword for being great at dealing with skellybones).

I have no idea how far I am in the game, but it does not feel too far. I can count on just over one hand the bosses I have faced (Taurus Demon, Capra Demon, Bell Gargoyles, Gaping Dragon, Lady Butterfly and Quequeg. How much more is there to go? Have I just scratched the surface of the game? It does not feel as though I have done much, but I feel I have seen a lot of area. Basically, I have no clue! :D I am feeling positive that I will be able to complete it though. That black knight fight with the kiting and taking him down felt really good as did taking out the big club dudes in Blighttown. The combat is sinking in and while it is not dodging, I am fast enough to go one on one with enemies and get behind them usually. (I do keep almost trying do the viscerals on people but that is muscle memory creeping up on me!)

I could talk about this stuff all day! Needless to say, thank you again guys. Also sorry for the weird way of saying goodbye, I never ever know how to stop it and Lady VG laughs at me everytime. :3:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
There are 22 boss fights in the base game, and four more in the DLC. It's a Souls game, so some of them are walls, some of them you'll blow through, and one or two of them you probably won't find unless you look up a guide. Speaking of which, the DLC area is stupidly hard to find, I would suggest you just look up directions when you feel ready for some extremely difficult bullshit.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I played like six hours of BB last night and..man I don't enjoy it like I used to. At least I killed Father Asshat and BSB first go around. Oh well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

I own it because of the Halloween bundle and everyone says it's bad but like why is it bad? I mean how could they gently caress up that formula? Is it just boring and short and :effort: cause I can deal with that

It's good. It's not boring at all. DEFINITELY short though, you could finish it in about 2 evenings no problem.
It would have been very well received as DLC or an expansion to Re2Make but at full price, it's a way harder sell. If you already own it, play it!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

:3: No problem at all! It was fun to finally visit that place only spoken about negatively! I can only imagine how difficult it must have been on a PS3 with a Dualshock 3 controller and a tanking frame rate. Yikes!

Honestly, without your resin and assistance that boss would have just been one long war of attrition and that would have not been any fun at all whatsoever.

I had been around there briefly due to the master key but turned back after I hit that eyeless dragon in the head to see if it was alive and figured, yeah I have not even levelled up yet I am here way too early :D At least now I know the other route to blighttown should I need to go down there again. It is possible because of Quequeg's sister and any cool spells!

And I am definitely enjoying it more than I was. It has to be the streaming aspect of the game. I love to game with people by my side in real life, so the streaming part is enhancing my fun.

I am excited to go in Onion head's open door, also excited to go downstairs to Darkroot again and try that big sealed door as well! Plus there is still (at some point) the Valley of the Drakes, the ruins under Firelink Shrine, the Darkroot Basin and the Catacombs! (I am so glad I did not get stuck down there - thank you Balder Side Sword for being great at dealing with skellybones).

I have no idea how far I am in the game, but it does not feel too far. I can count on just over one hand the bosses I have faced (Taurus Demon, Capra Demon, Bell Gargoyles, Gaping Dragon, Lady Butterfly and Quequeg. How much more is there to go? Have I just scratched the surface of the game? It does not feel as though I have done much, but I feel I have seen a lot of area. Basically, I have no clue! :D I am feeling positive that I will be able to complete it though. That black knight fight with the kiting and taking him down felt really good as did taking out the big club dudes in Blighttown. The combat is sinking in and while it is not dodging, I am fast enough to go one on one with enemies and get behind them usually. (I do keep almost trying do the viscerals on people but that is muscle memory creeping up on me!)

I could talk about this stuff all day! Needless to say, thank you again guys. Also sorry for the weird way of saying goodbye, I never ever know how to stop it and Lady VG laughs at me everytime. :3:

Minus the DLC I'd estimate that you're about 1/3 of the way through the game. The Souls trilogy games are larger and longer than Bloodborne on average.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
ya bloodborne could be beaten in 11 hours on your first try easy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The Bloodborne in 12 hours guy originally made me laugh in that
"A tough game in 12 hours, blind playthrough? What a boast!"

and now I think you myself
"Why would you deprive yourself of such a game rushing through it so fast?!"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I finished Resi 3 remake, a game that barely exists. I've played more involved CoD campaigns.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sakurazuka posted:

Well I finished Resi 3 remake, a game that barely exists. I've played more involved CoD campaigns.

They've always been short haven't they? RE2 remake didn't take all that long for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Same. Dark Souls is the most plodding game in the series.

No way, Dark Souls 2. They added that stupid poo poo that thankfully went away after DS2, where you can't run again until your stamina regens all the way and everything feels floaty and sluggish and just all around off. Unless you aren't counting DS2 as a real Souls game, which I wouldn't fault you for.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

it's fun but in retrospect it's unreal that I paid $60 for what amounted to what felt like a short DLC add on for RE2 remake.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JBP posted:

They've always been short haven't they? RE2 remake didn't take all that long for me.

It's probably as long as one character play through in RE2 but feels less substantial because it a game where you move from point A to point B and shoot a thing and that's it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

So what's the cheapest way to buy ps+ subscription? I know ppl talk about deals and discounts all the time but where do I find them? Psn is offering 12 months for 25% off, is that a good deal?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shopto has 12 months for £33 which is cheaper than the PSN deal, I dunno if it's the cheapest though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

No way, Dark Souls 2. They added that stupid poo poo that thankfully went away after DS2, where you can't run again until your stamina regens all the way and everything feels floaty and sluggish and just all around off. Unless you aren't counting DS2 as a real Souls game, which I wouldn't fault you for.

:wink:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Unless you aren't counting DS2 as a real Souls game, which I wouldn't fault you for.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

Hmm, hmm, yes. The only reasonable answer is to play JUDGEMENT.

Does this run better on the PS5?

I have tried 60 fps Yakuza and I cannot go back

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

JBP posted:

Yeah, but even for them, it's short and really blisteringly paced.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah it's way way shorter than RE2 remake

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

More of a Transient Evil if we're being honest.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I enjoyed RE3make, for what it's worth, but I do think it's easily the worst remake of the mainline games they've out out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Other than the sprinting thing DS2 felt overall a little faster to me than 1. And then DeS has faster sprinting than 1 but still feels slower to me overall. What a world!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I was thinking of getting RE3 remake since it's like $30aud rn which is pretty cheap, but I opted for $80 worth of Yakuza and I think I made the right choice value proposition wise.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think Capcom has been doing good by Resident Evil lately, but I the amount of content in each game is extremely low by full priced game standards and the success of them has depended on the goodwill of fans, which is danger of dwindling imo. I went out and bought RE7, RE2 and 3 on day one, but by RE3 I kind of felt like they were ripping me off and RE7 and 2 were in the caution zone even though I liked them a lot. I'll definitely play RE8, but whether or not I buy it day 1 or wait for it to be >$20 is going to depend of if they up their game at all. If it's going to be yet another sub ten hour game they better include some absolutely baller reimagining of mercs or something that makes it more replayable.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 24, 2020

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sakurazuka posted:

This is the deepest burn I've seen about a videogame and it made me lol irl

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Carlos' hair was worth at least £5 though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I think Capcom has been doing good by Resident Evil lately, but I the amount of content in each game is extremely low by full priced game standards
[...] by RE3 I kind of felt like they were ripping me off and RE7 and 2 were in the caution zone even though I liked them a lot. I'll definitely play RE8, but whether or not I buy it day 1 or wait for it to be >$20 is going to depend of if they up their game at all. If it's going to be yet another sub ten hour game they better include some absolutely baller reimagining of mercs or something that makes it more replayable.

In absolute fairness, RE3 did come with some sort of multiplayer mode, Resistance. I have no idea if it was any good because I didn't have to install it.
2 at least had the multiple run-throughs and 7 had a bit of free DLC.

I definitely wouldn't recommend 3 remake at full price in any scenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I picked up RE3 for 15$ at Bestbuy, figured it's worth it for a good few hours of zombie killing. I think what happened was RE2 cost them quite a lot to make and RE3 was a way of making a little more money off the same engine.