Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

- To make a holy order it is now enough for the Pope to not simply dislike the AI, rather than needing 60+ opinion. The 60+ opinion requirement still persists for the player since we like to see the player grovel

- Your spymaster will no longer fabricate a secret about themselves

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

quote:

Intelligent women no longer confront their pregnant lesbian lover to ask if they are the father of that child. Stupid women however, still have a chance to ask that question.
GOTY

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
I am glad to report that the outliner still closes if you open the main menu and go back.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

ilitarist posted:

I am glad to report that the outliner still closes if you open the main menu and go back.

Well look at the bright side: it still doesn't offer any real reporting or event-catching capability like in CK2, where putting people on The List™ would make it easier to stay informed on what was going on in their lives.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

quote:

- You cannot confide in friends you do not have
- You will no longer call people "vile" as a friendly greeting
- You will no longer think of your angry spouse as your vassal

sorry game but you don't get to tell me what to do, so I'll keep right on doing those :colbert:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

quote:

- Toggling nudity is now a setting rather than a game rule, so you can toggle it on the fly
Huh?

quote:

You now get a toast when you change your primary title
What does this mean?

quote:

- Characters young enough to be sitting in the main menu will now sit in front of the others
Aww, cute.

quote:

- Added 2 more child-murder outcomes, you monsters!
Aw.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
There's a game rule that removes all the nudity in special events or from characters following certain beliefs. It's now also a configuration option so that streamers who forgot about that rule don't get banned.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Dwesa posted:

What does this mean?

I assume some sort of flavour event where you raise a cup to celebrate your ascension to the Kingdom of Blank.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Reveilled posted:

I assume some sort of flavour event where you raise a cup to celebrate your ascension to the Kingdom of Blank.
I see, makes sense. I understood it as switching your primary title (e.g. from Kingdom of A to Kingdom of B).

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

Good things now happen to good chancellors
I assume this is about the bug where being a mediocre chancellor gets you the good events and vice versa?

quote:

Peasant Leaders now wear appropriately filthy clothing while they are leading a revolt, or are landless
immersion restored

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Dwesa posted:

I see, makes sense. I understood it as switching your primary title (e.g. from Kingdom of A to Kingdom of B).

Toasts are a term for the little notifications that show up at top center of the screen, so it's likely referring to that, but who knows, there might be a flavour event too!

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
I did a one ruler world conquest, it was pretty cool.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/k04gh1/veni_vidi_vici_one_ruler_world_conquest_in_23/

I wanted to finish this before the ruler designer came out, but apparently its out already?
Offer vassalization is OP, mongol invasion is OP, claiming titles of dynasty members is slow but like the only way to claim empire titles

scaterry fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Nov 24, 2020

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Dumb question I can't find the answer to: I'm thinking of doing an easter slavic or baltic run, centered around raiding. Will I be able to raid if I later go feudal? How does religion effect raiding?

E:

Dwesa posted:

Only tribals or unreformed pagans can raid. You can also raid for captives if you have human sacrifices tenet.

Thanks! Meat's back on the menue, boys!

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 24, 2020

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Dallan Invictus posted:

Toasts are a term for the little notifications that show up at top center of the screen, so it's likely referring to that, but who knows, there might be a flavour event too!

Toasts are the brief scroll-like notification messages up top, indeed. The stacking messages in the bottom right are called feed messages.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Freudian slippers posted:

Dumb question I can't find the answer to: I'm thinking of doing an easter slavic or baltic run, centered around raiding. Will I be able to raid if I later go feudal? How does religion effect raiding?
Only tribals or unreformed pagans can raid. You can also raid for captives if you have human sacrifices tenet.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I can finally create the Joestar dynasty out of England.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Is there anything that fixes the continually expanding Byzantium issue? Or at least makes it a bit less glaring?

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer

I made petty king George RR Martin, his reign did not last particularly long and peasants really... really wanted him to keep writing and stop kinging.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Atarask posted:

I made petty king George RR Martin, his reign did not last particularly long and peasants really... really wanted him to keep writing and stop kinging.

Got not pages

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
Darn, they took two of my favorite exploitive behaviors off the table:

1. The invitation/kidnapping of court priests with oodles of gold.

2. The 100-stat man heir schemes. Dump thousands of gold onto a heir, make them wander.

Here's to finding a new round of exploits in this patch.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

quote:

- Fixed a bug that caused rulers to pay substantially less gold than they should for the ransom of a prisoner whose captor has the 'Golden Obligations' perk
Sweet

quote:

- Golden Obligations no longer increases ransom prices
Wait, what?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Bold Robot posted:

Sweet

Wait, what?

I'm gonna also need to "wait what" about this.

quote:

- MaA maintenance cost can no longer go below 10%

That's some form of balancing at least, I do remember being able to get free MAA which was quite the treat.

quote:

Vassals will no longer convert their capital when you demand their conversion

That's gonna make realm conversion a lot slower. And heresy outbreaks more annoying.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 24, 2020

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Magil Zeal posted:

That's gonna make realm conversion a lot slower. And heresy outbreaks more annoying.

Sigh. I thought that was how you were supposed to do it. Every other way just seemed to take too long.

On the bad side it is starting to crash on me, which is new.

I'm also getting some strange situation where a crusade starts and before I get down to it we lose it.

RadioDog fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 24, 2020

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

quote:

Vassals will no longer convert their capital when you demand their conversion
So heresies also don't convert their counties automatically right? Nah, can't have that happen.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Magil Zeal posted:

Yeah, oof that would make Mother of Us All a lot slower and I'm sure there are some other religion achievements that would be annoying.

quote:

- GHW: The cooldown between Great Holy Wars has been increased to 30 years (up from 5), in practice this means that Fervor for bigger faiths should stay at higher levels for longer
- Warscore from battles in Undirected Great Holy Wars (Crusades) has been increased significantly. This should make defending less of a slog, especially in massive crusades (with 100k+ troops on each side) where battles should no longer give miniscule warscore values.
- The ticking warscore in Undirected Great Holy Wars (Crusades) has been significantly increased. This allows a defender to more easily win if they manage to keep the entire targeted kingdom free from occupations.
GHW not awful now??

quote:

- In independence wars, ticking warscore is now given to the revolters if they fully control all the revolters' domain, while the defender gets ticking warscore as long as they occupy at least one holding from the revolters' domain
:bisonyes: So this means you can more easily get it without having to storm your foreign liege's capital across europe.

quote:

- The amount one gets from demanding payment is capped to 50 gold or based on how much ransom worth they have if less than 50 gold
MASSIVE NERF

But to be fair, I never demanded payment using the House Head hooks because I wanted my dynasty members to actually improve their own holdings. Now that it's only 50 gold, I may as well.

quote:

- You can no longer promise a Holy Order some land and then NOT give it after they give you cash for it
I assumed that was a bug, because I would agree to give them land but nothing would happen. The way it's worded, it seemed like it was a player choice/exploit, but I wanted a stronger holy order!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dwesa posted:

You can also raid for captives if you have human sacrifices tenet.

You also need to be independent (or at least as of 1.1 you did).

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

PancakeTransmission posted:

I assumed that was a bug, because I would agree to give them land but nothing would happen. The way it's worded, it seemed like it was a player choice/exploit, but I wanted a stronger holy order!

I believe the problem was that the game would try to give the holy order cities in your domain that were actually controlled by vassal mayors and it wasn't possible to give them those holdings.

lurksion posted:

So heresies also don't convert their counties automatically right? Nah, can't have that happen.

To be fair, heresy outbreaks would be a lot more realistic/historically accurate (at least as far as medieval Europe goes) if counties converted but rulers did not. At least, that's my understanding of history.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Depends on the heresy. The successful ones did get aristocratic backing fairly quickly while the ones that didn’t tended to get stomped out fairly quickly

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Depends on the heresy. The successful ones did get aristocratic backing fairly quickly while the ones that didn’t tended to get stomped out fairly quickly

It really shouldn't be too hard to make it a bit more dynamic by tying it into the county control and populist uprising mechanics, though. The outbreak happens in the county, not on the ruler level, but given the maluses from trying to control a county of a different religion, counts will have an incentive to convert (and the duke/king has an incentive to let that happen because they just want things to remain stable and under control at the time being). A strong or popular count would be able to withstand it and over time convert the county back, but neither flip is automatic. So as someone higher up in the hierarchy, you get into the balancing act of maybe keeping your counts and dukes strong enough to withstand heresies, but that obviously means they're more powerful with all the potential issues that entail… and if they flip, you've now created an even bigger problem for yourself.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone know where (or if) I can edit the ruler designer slider values? I want to create some monsters.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

quote:

- Significantly slowed down Fabricate Claim task when targeting vassals

I don't understand the point of this change. Why make re-organizing the realm harder?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Pretty huge nerf to Golden Obligations if demanding payment is capped at 50 gold, but it was probably too good before. I pretty much always dipped into a stewardship lifestyle for 5 years to grab it after succession. You're leaving way too much money on the table otherwise.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Magil Zeal posted:

I don't understand the point of this change. Why make re-organizing the realm harder?

A huge part of the game is supposed to be dealing with vassals who might hate you, but who are too powerful for you to mess with. Being able to just swipe their titles for free any time you feel like it kind of ruins that. It's pretty trivial anyway since it's easy to stack huge opinion bonuses so everyone loves you no matter what you do.

I get that it's cool to hate any change that "limits player freedom" or whatever, but the game is hilariously easy right now. If it's ever going to be anything more than a dollhouse, things are going to have to get harder for the player somewhere.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The first game I start in 1.2 I kind of want to start as Roman culture, because the Palatini unique heavy infantry looks stupidly powerful and fun to play with. Shame it's a late medieval tech though, but at least by then I'd have the economy to support a 180 gold unit.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

megane posted:

A huge part of the game is supposed to be dealing with vassals who might hate you, but who are too powerful for you to mess with. Being able to just swipe their titles for free any time you feel like it kind of ruins that. It's pretty trivial anyway since it's easy to stack huge opinion bonuses so everyone loves you no matter what you do.

I get that it's cool to hate any change that "limits player freedom" or whatever, but the game is hilariously easy right now. If it's ever going to be anything more than a dollhouse, things are going to have to get harder for the player somewhere.

The bizzare thing is that they changed it only for fabricating on your vassals, and not for just fabricating in general.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Anybody have any fun ideas for new starts using the custom ruler?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

How are u posted:

The last (Hellenic) Roman in Rome(-adjacent), aiming to reclaim the Roman empire? No idea what lands are even available and if you can be under Papal control like that, but as doomed ideas go…

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Mongol Iceland, try and Sunset Invasion people?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

How are u posted:

Make me, except really strong and smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

How are u posted:

1. Start with the prerequisites of the "strong blood" decision and pure-blooded, breed like a maniac (incest is optional but recommended)
2. Start with the witch trait, form a witch coven, and rake in the lifestyle perks
3. Start as a tribal peasant leader reaver. All your armies cost 0 maintenance and all your raiders are twice as fast
4. You can instantly unlock the Way of Life achievement, lmao
5. Start as a culture with no counties (Roman, Frankish are good ones) and play super tall. One county cultures can get absurd innovation speeds, and you can get regional innovations really easily by adding an additional county in the necessary area, then removing it.
6. Start with one of the dead religions (Hellenism, Paganism, Zunism) and spread it? idk