Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
30$ still seems like too much for this game on PSN blackfriday discount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, $40 CDN is too much right now. If I was still getting the danger bonus pay, ya i'd grab it but no. I'm probably better off waiting and grabbing Jedi Fallen order and/or AC Oddessy. That being said, I should probably work on Control or AC Origins first.

Though the fact Kamala is a major part of the game and Kate is the first DLC character is still real tempting.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Buy em all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

To be honest, that's normally how I do it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Def get Fallen Order

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

ICR posted:

This is my cross to bear. I’m the harbinger of death to video games. It’s that Cylon poo poo.

I gotta stay off these GaaS games!

My next thread won’t be a GaaS game at least!

ICR post the Godfall thread.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

JordanKai posted:

ICR post the Godfall thread.

Oh my! I can’t do it. I can’t explain it as a bad game connoisseur but I didn’t have the courage to get interested in the game. It’s one of those bad games I couldn’t get hopeful for. I like that excitement and hype factor where I can wake up and continue learning about a game. Just the feeling of that glimmer of hope and longevity.

And it’s gotta fill some fun categories for me like robots or loot chase or Marvel or something silly like that.

Godfall didn’t tickle my fancy enough, despite checking a couple boxes for me. :(

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Godfall not having a thread yet says it all tbh

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ruffian Price posted:

Godfall not having a thread yet says it all tbh

yeah. its a launch title poo poo out by Gearbox with all flash and no substance. the world looks sorta pretty but it apes destiny hard BUT WITH SWORDS but doesn't have a real personality. gently caress, it doesn't even have funny ragdoll physics. its a game i might pick up someday when its free on PS plus or when its cheap as free at a gamestop used.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, $40 CDN is too much right now. If I was still getting the danger bonus pay, ya i'd grab it but no. I'm probably better off waiting and grabbing Jedi Fallen order and/or AC Oddessy. That being said, I should probably work on Control or AC Origins first.

Though the fact Kamala is a major part of the game and Kate is the first DLC character is still real tempting.

buy them all. Jedi is fantastic. both the new asscreed games are solid(as is the rear end creed thread) and control is loving amazing.

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

Campaign was great; fun and well written/acted. Basic gameplay loads of fun. They sure poo poo the bed on endgame/late game content and paucity of new characters or especially new enemies was a death knell. I'll come back and play the expansion stuff when it dribbles out but am otherwise barely interested.

They should have delayed release significantly.

i think i am gonna bite the bullet and pick it up around the time i buy Gods and monsters and cyberpunk next month. at least if its cheap. i watched the oney plays play through and it seems like it has some fun moments enough.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Or maybe in a few years they’ll release a “Game of the Year” edition with all the DLC that should have been in the game at launch. This trend of releasing half finished games then finishing them with DLC sucks.

yeah it sucks

I don't mind if devs actually come out and say "hey this game is early access, you can pay for it now and play it without all the features if you want", but this trend of making GBS threads out a game that clearly not finished and pretending it's 1.0 needs to loving die

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Moola posted:

yeah it sucks

I don't mind if devs actually come out and say "hey this game is early access, you can pay for it now and play it without all the features if you want", but this trend of making GBS threads out a game that clearly not finished and pretending it's 1.0 needs to loving die

Uh, excuse me. This game is a living production. They can't bring you a complete production because there will always be new content to explore, because the game is always evolving. It's not a half-assed barely functional launch, it's being a pioneer, out on an unexplored frontier!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Didn't they say that all the DLC for Avengers is free? So a GotY edition won't happen?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I must admit, I was kind of psyched to see The Maestro in that teaser for Clint's story content.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

twistedmentat posted:

Didn't they say that all the DLC for Avengers is free? So a GotY edition won't happen?

theoretically if they actually managed to release some new characters they could include the challenge cards in one?

Do you need to be declared game of the year by at least.... someone(?) before releasing a goty edition?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

theoretically if they actually managed to release some new characters they could include the challenge cards in one?

Do you need to be declared game of the year by at least.... someone(?) before releasing a goty edition?

Once upon a time people sort of followed that logic and then Two Worlds II declared a GOTY edition and it's been pandemonium ever since.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Orv posted:

Jesus man calm down.

He's not wrong. People should stop buying this poo poo so the studios at least pretend to put in effort next time.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

dogstile posted:

He's not wrong. People should stop buying this poo poo so the studios at least pretend to put in effort next time.

But they put a ton of effort in. Those cosmetic partnerships with Verizon and other vendors and all the shilling to get you to buy 5 gum don't just show up without hard work.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think studios will see the results of this game and probably godfall and maybe finally decide that loot games and GaaS are not GOOD if you don’t have the content for it. They sell like poo poo when the word of mouth is bad and that happens most of the time. People are tired of this poo poo

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Yeah, pretty disappointed that this game is basically just a great, not-long campaign and tacked on repetitive grind. I haven't played it since last week now that the charm of playing my favorite Avenger wore off.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
If this had come out in the PS2 era, it wouldn't have had any multiplayer components. Instead, after you finished it the first time you'd unlock Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Mariah Hill and Punisher. The second time you finished it you'd unlock Black Bolt as a playable character who only really had one, slow, but utterly annihilating attack. And if you finished it without ever taking any damage you'd unlock Tony Hawk. There would be collectable secrets to hunt down in every level that were cleverly hidden, and getting them all would unlock MODOK in his final form and it would be my favourite game ever.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

If this came out in the ps2 Era it would be a sequel to what is still probably the funnest incarnation of a superhero game, X-Men Legends 2. I don't know anyone who still plays this. Even the super nerdy knows everything British goon who loves the avengers from my psn list is playing miles morales.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

OxMan posted:

If this came out in the ps2 Era it would be a sequel to what is still probably the funnest incarnation of a superhero game, X-Men Legends 2. I don't know anyone who still plays this. Even the super nerdy knows everything British goon who loves the avengers from my psn list is playing miles morales.

So...Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

That was a great game. I think 2 was pretty good, too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You'd think they would get that GaaS is an failed experiment, but each developer thinks they're the one to create the game that will break though and make it a successful revenue stream. Thing is, Avengers is a terrible property to do this with. People want to play with their favorite characters, that's it.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Yvonmukluk posted:

So...Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

That was a great game. I think 2 was pretty good, too.

Well yeah, but I think that came out during 360/ps3 Era so ps2 Era it would have followed legends 2 and predated ultimate alliance.

Except it came out feeling less like ultimate alliance and a lot more like Too Human and Xmen Destiny had a gross next-gen baby.

It feels like it won't even have time to go haphazardly f2p. It's just going to die.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I spent way to much money on Marvel Heroes do not regret it because I enjoyed it a lot.

You get my money by making Angela or Magik 15$ packs with costumes.

It's 26.99 CDN on amazon right now. I'll probably grab it for that.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 26, 2020

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I might be going crazy but load times on PS5 seem... longer?? Maybe it's mostly waiting on the server. Glad to finally be getting stable 60fps

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ruffian Price posted:

I might be going crazy but load times on PS5 seem... longer?? Maybe it's mostly waiting on the server. Glad to finally be getting stable 60fps

Gotta hear every word of that mission debriefing. Also if it's cross-play then they can't really have the PS5 players loading into the level faster.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

RatHat posted:

Gotta hear every word of that mission debriefing. Also if it's cross-play then they can't really have the PS5 players loading into the level faster.

I swear I've had mission briefings bug out on PC, not play the intro dialogue, and that made them load nearly instantly lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The repetitive grind just to unlock your abilities and there being no real end game. What the gently caress were they thinking lol

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The repetitive grind just to unlock your abilities and there being no real end game. What the gently caress were they thinking lol

Soccer mom's and dads who know jack poo poo about video games buying this for timmy because it's marvel? Game doesn't need to be good for it to sell. Just needs to be good for the masses which doesn't take much these days.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

“Marvel + GAAS? We’re going to make so much money off these fuckin nerds.”

Marketing department was a highly skilled team of 1200 people including professional psychiatrists and a hologram of Don Draper.

Development team was a teenage kid with a broken Walkman and some dude who used to work in Kevin Smith’s comic shop.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Holyshoot posted:

Soccer mom's and dads who know jack poo poo about video games buying this for timmy because it's marvel? Game doesn't need to be good for it to sell. Just needs to be good for the masses which doesn't take much these days.

Lol uh, actual sales of this game do not reflect that at all though.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

dogstile posted:

It also doesn't help how this keeps happening and the only way to make it stop totally, is to stop buying them, at all.

Even if it goes on sale for a dollar, don't buy it, if you've even been tempted to buy any sort of microtransaction.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Kate Bishop drops tomorrow and I already dread having to start the game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ruffian Price posted:

Kate Bishop drops tomorrow and I already dread having to start the game

You don't have to play.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Just don't load up the game if you don't like it. I don't know why this is difficult.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
I haven't even finished the single player. I was pretty motivated to play it at first, and I got as far as Black Widow, but I haven't played in a few months and just feel no desire to relearn moves for the characters to get through the rest of it. May end up just deleting it, which is a shame. The delay of the next gen patch really sucks.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I deleted a few weeks ago already, they lost their momentum

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

At least they were smart enough to get Kate out before Cyberpunk drops if she truly releases tomorrow. Presumably they've also bought a bunch of airtime on popular streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I'll definitely give her a shot at some point. Probably when I'm nicely toasted and want to just run around and smash some stuff for a bit. Game's still fine for that in small doses.