Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The legit boring part is Tohru paying so much attention to his own thoughts.

What a whiny young NEET, he gets paid good money for playing games, does it two days and seriously wants to quit. Imagine him working in a factory job or digging roads.

Sadly, I foresee chronic unemployment followed by suicide in this timeline. It ended badly for him in a number of others, iirc.

He'll be wishing he'd seduced the lovely Princess for cheap after work thrills instead.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

BigBadSteve posted:

The legit boring part is Tohru paying so much attention to his own thoughts.

What a whiny young NEET, he gets paid good money for playing games, does it two days and seriously wants to quit. Imagine him working in a factory job or digging roads.

Sadly, I foresee chronic unemployment followed by suicide in this timeline. It ended badly for him in a number of others, iirc.

He'll be wishing he'd seduced the lovely Princess for cheap after work thrills instead.

Are you loving kidding me? I'm here for the boring parts. Get the gently caress out pretender.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Yeah if I wanted action I'd read literally any other comic. NEET is like a pitch drop experiment in graphic form and I am here for it.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm better that right before he quits, the Cute Gamer Girl comes up and says something to him, thus convincing him that working is good

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
That’s typically what your boss does

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
My bet is the game got cancelled.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

ryde posted:

You're all laid off!!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
lol drat he fell outta love with her hard if he's already twitchy and internally bitching to himself. Wasn't it some couple hours ago he was all "stir stirr..."

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

lol drat he fell outta love with her hard if he's already twitchy and internally bitching to himself. Wasn't it some couple hours ago he was all "stir stirr..."

yeah but she rejected him in his dream

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SniperWoreConverse posted:

a consistent character attribute of NEET in all timelines is that he is highly capricious

his mood and opinions turn on a dime

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lmao

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Give him a break, he's in his refractory period.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

confess your love neet! Right now! Before she says whatever shes going to say! It'll be grand.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
He should follow Crime Neet's example and quit immediately.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

ryde posted:

Or the bug he reported previously meant the combat routine's been rewritten and now he has to start from scratch.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Vic posted:

Are you loving kidding me? I'm here for the boring parts. Get the gently caress out pretender.

I was referring to Tohru's thoughts while software testing, telling himself how bored he was. No task in itself is boring, a doer with sufficient self awareness can choose either relaxed concentration on the task at hand, or resentful boredom.

So I'll stay the gently caress in, and you can chill the gently caress out, f you choose, or whatever.

I always enjoy the comic, and like you I'm hooked and will follow it to the end, thanks Sister & Brother et al for the fine translations.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

BigBadSteve posted:

I was referring to Tohru's thoughts while software testing, telling himself how bored he was. No task in itself is boring, a doer with sufficient self awareness can choose either relaxed concentration on the task at hand, or resentful boredom.

So I'll stay the gently caress in, and you can chill the gently caress out, f you choose, or whatever.

I always enjoy the comic, and like you I'm hooked and will follow it to the end, thanks Sister & Brother et al for the fine translations.

In fairness if you're having difficulty with your attention this is hell. I often work at night because I need to be in a zone where I'm too tired to get distracted or anxious to get things done. Doing Q&A work 9/5 would probably kill me.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Mandatory office party!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

NEET thinkin bout dat index finger

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Lord Stimperor posted:

Mandatory office party!

This is my guess too. Probably with free (lovely, cheap) beer. You get to drink beer at work! Isn't this job great! Please don't quit!!

Cousin Cake
Oct 23, 2020

NEET.

Cousin Cake posted:

End of page 71 of The Daily Life of a Certain Ex-Con and Mangaka.

Have a great weekend!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lord Stimperor posted:

Mandatory office party!

:toot:

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

BigBadSteve posted:

:glomp:

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh good, the Onani Master Kurosawa game is finally happening.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Review, not test? I guess they're having their QA team double as a focus group.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Devils Affricate posted:

Review, not test? I guess they're having their QA team double as a focus group.

Tohru can't focus long enough for that.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

To ensure good reviews of your product, get your staff to write them.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 28, 2020

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

BigBadSteve posted:

"I played this game every day for a month straight!"
--Mr Neet, Professional Gamer

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Could be that they have a deal going with another publisher to exchange games and let the testers and pretty much anyone else at the company have a go and give simple input. I remember a friend of mine worked QA at Funcom and would sometimes get payed to try out alphas and betas of games from other Norwegian companies with no strings attached.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

BigBadSteve posted:

Sorry for the delay, I was thinking this same thing and thinking I mistranslated because it seems really weird to have your employees review your own games, but the rest of the panels seem to agree that's what's happening, so I don't know. Someone else can take a look, maybe I made a mistake.
She specifically says he will "monitor" the game.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Brother Make posted:

Sorry for the delay, I was thinking this same thing and thinking I mistranslated because it seems really weird to have your employees review your own games, but the rest of the panels seem to agree that's what's happening, so I don't know. Someone else can take a look, maybe I made a mistake.
She specifically says he will "monitor" the game.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I haven't heard of QA explicitly being told to like, write a review for a game or anything, but developers can ask QA for feedback on game design and balance and such. Not often, but it does happen. But since this game is finished, it's far too late to implement any feedback, unless its for a sequel or something.

It could also just be a Mandatory Fun style thing.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Seems like Tohru is just as confused as we are

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Next: "Your review has to hit these specific points and meet these criteria to be useful to us. To help you out, we have some 100 page forms to fill out as you go & use for reference later. Be thorough, everyone!"