Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

CocoaNuts posted:

Now identified as the mysterious “Doe 1” in Ghislaine Maxwell’s since-settled civil litigation, Jeffrey Epstein’s former house manager testified in a newly unsealed deposition from four years ago that Maxwell took topless photographs of young girls.

“She was a — she was very avid with photographs,” John Alessi testified in June 2016, his now-unsealed deposition reveals. “She had this high-tech camera. She was constantly taking photographs. Not only photographs, but I think it was — she had this special camera. I don’t know what was it. She took photographs, yes.” Asked whether he saw Maxwell taking pictures of topless girls by Epstein’s pool, Alessi replied: “I saw pictures of topless girls, yes, I did.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...led-deposition/

Maxwell during deposition, probably:
"I'm sorry, I don't understand the meaning of this word 'camera' you keep saying. Or a 'pho-to-graph' I believe you called it??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

At this point a presidential pardon can’t be that far off.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Case will likely be going for another year or two.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Philthy posted:

Case will likely be going for another year or two.

presidential pardons can take place at any point after a crime has been committed, there doesnt have to be a conviction or even a charge. e.g. nixon was pardoned by ford even though he was never formally charged or convicted, and the pardon prevented any investigation from going further

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
any bets on who the next big popular cia-backed sex trafficker is yet? i think it's going to be a famous you tuber

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
pardoning doesn't mean they can't be forced to testify against other people.

in fact it can make them even more dangerous in the prosecution of other people, because you can't plead the fifth for a crime you've been pardoned of.

so no, if trump was criminally involved with epstein and ghislaine he's not gonna pardon her.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Klyith posted:

pardoning doesn't mean they can't be forced to testify against other people.

in fact it can make them even more dangerous in the prosecution of other people, because you can't plead the fifth for a crime you've been pardoned of.

so no, if trump was criminally involved with epstein and ghislaine he's not gonna pardon her.

Or he pardons her and THEN she mysteriously dies soon afterwards.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Looks like she's been moved to isolation for possible exposure to Covid.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bonzo posted:

f

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Turns out her cell's the haunted one where the cameras flicker on and off.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Bonzo posted:

Yeah, here's a link to a news story. The beginning of the end???

Ghislaine Maxwell, the British socialite charged with abetting Jeffrey Epstein’s sexual abuse of underage girls, is in quarantine in a New York City federal jail after possible exposure to a worker there who tested positive for the coronavirus, prosecutors said Monday.

Maxwell tested negative for Covid-19 using a rapid test last Wednesday, prosecutors wrote in their filing in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, where she was indicted this year.

“As with any other quarantined inmate, the defendant will remain in quarantine for fourteen days, at which point she will be tested again for COVID-19,” prosecutors wrote in their letter to the judge in Maxwell’s case.

“If that test is negative, she will then be released from quarantine.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/ghislaine-maxwell-quarantined-after-possible-coronavirus-exposure.html

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
She dead

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
She's gonna have problems breathing

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Someone gon' tie a covid cloth round her neck

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Earwicker posted:

presidential pardons can take place at any point after a crime has been committed, there doesnt have to be a conviction or even a charge. e.g. nixon was pardoned by ford even though he was never formally charged or convicted, and the pardon prevented any investigation from going further

I think if you look into it you will find that nixon wasn't pardoned with the actual constitutional presidential pardon, which does require someone to be charged or convicted.
Nixon was "pardoned" with a presidential proclaimation which is different.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Either way the pardon is a dictator's power and should be ditched IMO.

"Hmm oh yes the judiciary is independent except when the executive tells them to gently caress off, such as if they sentence any of his friends or predecessors"

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Strategic Tea posted:

Either way the pardon is a dictator's power and should be ditched IMO.

"Hmm oh yes the judiciary is independent except when the executive tells them to gently caress off, such as if they sentence any of his friends or predecessors"

You'll find that once a government entity has a particular power, they're almost never going to give it up.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

500excf type r posted:

I think if you look into it you will find that nixon wasn't pardoned with the actual constitutional presidential pardon, which does require someone to be charged or convicted.
Nixon was "pardoned" with a presidential proclaimation which is different.

according to wikipedia "A pardon is an executive order granting clemency for a conviction. It may be granted "at any time" after the commission of the crime.[7]" and then that number 7 footnote says "The power thus conferred is unlimited, with the exception stated. It extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken or during their pendency or after conviction and judgment." the link is from a very stern and boring looking legal website so im sure its true. the bolding is mine

in any case our current president has even less of a head for this kind of detail than i do. he's not even going to bother looking at wikipedia, he's just going to wave his hand and say "do it" and she'll be disappeared in whichever way is most convenient and if a pardon is part of that process he probably still has someone who can arrange that

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 25, 2020

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
She's not a happy camper in jail. Poor thing.

NEW YORK — Ghislaine Maxwell, in quarantine in a Brooklyn federal jail due to coronavirus exposure, has endured a flashlight shined in her cell every 15 minutes while she sleeps, according to her defense attorney.

The new details from Maxwell’s lawyer Bobbi Sternheim came in response to the government’s claim the British socialite was still able to prepare a defense while in quarantine for at least 14 days at the Metropolitan Detention Center. Maxwell has pleaded not guilty to charges of grooming victims of Jeffrey Epstein in the mid-1990s.

“The government highlights what Ms. Maxwell is permitted but not what she is denied: equal treatment accorded other inmates in general population. Ms. Maxwell has spent the entirely of her pretrial detention in de facto solitary confinement under the most restrictive conditions where she is excessively and invasively searched and is monitored 24 hours per day. In addition to camera surveillance in her cell, a supplemental camera follows her movement when she is permitted to leave her isolation cell,” Sternheim wrote.

“Despite non-stop in-cell camera surveillance, Ms. Maxwell’s sleep is disrupted every 15 minutes when she is awakened by a flashlight to ascertain whether she is breathing.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...A1&ocid=DELLDHP

naem
May 29, 2011

trying to keep her alive seems like

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Keeping up appearances, at least.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

CocoaNuts posted:

“Despite non-stop in-cell camera surveillance,

Are they watching her, and calling her a roastie?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Iluminating the room with an actual flashlight does sound like sleep deprivation, but OTOH she is surely exaggerating like a big baby

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

How bright is this fuckin' flashlight, man?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
LEDs make it more of a wild card but typically you don't want weapons in a prison so they aren't strolling around with d cell mag lights. Usually the cheap go to flashlight is a two AA battery mini mag light or similar.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
It's an assassin from the not very distant future with a really lovely laser gun

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

I do this every night with your son.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

R.L. Stine posted:

any bets on who the next big popular cia-backed sex trafficker is yet? i think it's going to be a famous you tuber
Logan Paul or whatever that gently caress's name is.

We already know Texkashi69 is a pedo so it's guaranteed there's some tuber or tiktok weirdo sliding in 14 year old dms

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

trick question its actually going to be a hologram with an algorithmically derived personality tweaked by a staff of ad agency hacks and tv writers

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Please, stop making this lady repeat herself. She'd like bail. Is that too much to ask??

Ghislaine Maxwell, the British socialite accused of procuring young girls to be abused by sex criminal Jeffrey Epstein, will again seek bail in her criminal case, and wants related court hearings conducted out of sight of reporters, victims and the public, federal prosecutors revealed Wednesday.

Maxwell, 58, has been held without bail in a Brooklyn federal jail since shortly after her arrest in July, when a judge ruled that she was a substantial flight risk. Maxwell’s lawyers that month had asked that she be freed on a $5 million bond.

In a Manhattan federal court filing, prosecutors said Maxwell is expected to file a “renewed application for bail.”

And her lawyers are asking for “sealing and for an in camera hearing in connection” with that application, prosecutors wrote. Such a hearing would bar members of the public from attending.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/02/alleged-jeffrey-epstein-madam-ghislaine-maxwell-will-seek-bail.html

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Oh yeah, and a secret trial too. Okay?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Maybe this is her trying to stay alive at this point. If the trial is public, do you think she would live to participate in it?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Prince Andrew may not have been truthful? Couldn't be!!!

Duke’s spokeswoman declines to comment on report contradicting his claim in Newsnight interview

Matthew Weaver
Mon 14 Dec 2020 14.45 GMT

Prince Andrew’s spokeswoman has refused to comment on a report that he stayed in the New York mansion of the sex offender Jeffrey Epstein in April 2001, despite the duke denying doing so in his infamous Newsnight interview.

The refusal to repeat the denial comes after the Daily Mail uncovered a fax that said the prince had stayed at a “private address in New York” on 11 April and its sources confirmed this was Epstein’s Ł60m home in Manhattan’s Upper East Side.

This directly contradicts Prince Andrew’s account of his movements that day in his interview with the Newsnight presenter Emily Maitlis last year, when he said: “I wasn’t staying there. I may have visited but definitely didn’t, definitely, definitely no, no, no activity.”

Virginia Roberts, who was 17 at the time, alleges Epstein flew her to New York to have sex with Prince Andrew – something he continues to vehemently deny.

The Mail uncovered an itinerary of the prince’s three-day trip to the US that April, which it says included three hours of “private time” on the afternoon of 11 April. Its investigation also found flights logs that showed Roberts boarded a plane from Teterboro, New Jersey, to St Thomas in the Caribbean on 11 April, meaning she could not have stayed in New York that night.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/dec/14/prince-andrew-refuses-to-deny-he-stayed-in-jeffrey-epstein-mansion

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Ghislaine proposes that she pays $28.5 million in bail and leaves with armed guards. Sounds good. Everyone down with that plan?

NEW YORK -- Lawyers for the former girlfriend of Jeffrey Epstein are urging a judge to free her to await trial under a US$28.5 million bail package that would include armed guards to ensure she remains safe and doesn't flee a New York City residence.

The bail arguments on behalf of Ghislaine Maxwell, first filed under seal last Tuesday, were publicly released late Monday with redactions in Manhattan federal court that were approved by Judge Alison J. Nathan.

They were supported by numerous letters from family and friends who insisted that Maxwell sought seclusion in a New Hampshire home in December 2019 after receiving death threats and worrying that the public and media would find her at a home where she lived with her husband.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/ex-epstein-pal-seeks-bail-with-us-28-5m-and-armed-guards-1.5231346

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

CocoaNuts posted:

Prince Andrew may not have been truthful? Couldn't be!!!

Heck, i was hoping he had been caught sweating

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

How bright is this fuckin' flashlight, man?

"Hiked all the way out to the frozen trundra at night so a camera on a tripod could be set up to photograph a camera on a tripod and a man with a flashlight." holographically projected in the sky while the aliens vaporize our entire species. :pray:

Unison
Oct 12, 2005
https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1340037238898483200?s=20

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Breaking news: Ghislane Maxwell's secret husband revealed to be large burlap sack labelled "CHILD SEX RING MONEY DO NOT TOUCH".

President Trump, who has been photographed posing with Maxwell's husband on multiple occasions since the mid-1990s, declined to comment on the large burlap sack's alleged involvement in sex trafficking, instead calling it "a really great sack, great listener, I wish him all the best"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So how close to having to reveal all her dirty secrets is she now? Seems they are desperate to stop that from happening.