Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

for the uninitiated what is the reason vily left/got booted from goons? Also was vily ever a legit SA user or just some pubbie that got into eve goons?

He used to be part of ENTY, who split from Mostly Harmless in 2010 to join us. I forget why he left, though. If I had to guess, it was an emotional reaction to the emotionless direkkktorate hiring and firing mechanism that directors sometimes bounce away from poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

He was in one of the pubbie auxilia corporations, I think. You know, before identity creep made everybody a g00n.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
He got purged for inactivity, took it as a slight when his knob wasn't lovingly slobbered and his balls gently caressed at the thought of reapplying, and decided to gently caress off to TAPI instead of chilling the gently caress out.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Iirc vily went afk for a long time and when he came back he was shocked to learn that he lost his job and that no, you cannot just waltz in and expect to get your job back after loving off without telling anyone for an extended period of time

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Iirc vily went afk for a long time and when he came back he was shocked to learn that he lost his job and that no, you cannot just waltz in and expect to get your job back after loving off without telling anyone for an extended period of time

Pretty sure this should be called the Karttoon Rule.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

BIG HEADLINE posted:

He got purged for inactivity, took it as a slight when his knob wasn't lovingly slobbered and his balls gently caressed at the thought of reapplying, and decided to gently caress off to TAPI instead of chilling the gently caress out.

He got offered his space job back, but just without as much effusive praise for his abilities as he wanted (i believe it was something along the lines of “hey you’ve been gone a while, some key things have changed, you should do some smaller stuff first to get the hang of it”).

Everyone but him, apparently, thought he left on fine terms and just wanted to do something where he’d be a bigger fish in a very shallow pond and so it was quite the surprise to find out it was all very different in his mind.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Numismancer posted:

also t5zi was a huge fuckup/overreach, they decided to park next to a bunch of nerds who burn jita for fun? ok sorry about all your cyno recons all day every day from here on out~

Been in T5Z for the last 5 hours, not one single cyno ship has been killed on the keepstar lol

What I think is going to happen over the next few weeks:

All Ihubs outside of Helms Deep will be reset. We couldn't give a gently caress if you re-take them, so long as they exist in a forever state of being re-set every few weeks.
All industrial structures will continue to be targeted.
1DQ Dyson sphere will be destroyed. Hopefully Imperium finally drop supers on our capital fleet when we do this so we can finally gently caress.
The entire pressure of the coalition will then be placed on Helms Deep. There is no way Goons will be able to win from this. Especially with 1DQ and every industrial structure destroyed.

The end is near for you dudes. I would start evacuating right now.

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

DGC773 posted:

with 1DQ and every industrial structure destroyed.

In the word of the immortal spartan kings, "If."

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

DGC773 posted:

The end is near for you dudes. I would start evacuating right now.

Yea, i'll get right on that.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

DGC773 posted:

I would start evacuating right now.

https://xkcd.com/1357/

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Super.Jesus posted:

In the word of the immortal spartan kings, "If."

Imperium has done nothing to stop the slow march of TAPI into Delve since we dropped a Keepstar. Feeding 1T in ships was the best thing I have seen in this game, props for it, but since then Imperium has just sat back.

TAPI can drop caps on industrial structures and Imp do nothing.
TAPI can cap ihubs and Imp just turn up with a 150 ceptor fleet.

THE SLOW METHODICAL MARCH CONTINUES.

p.s. Shane where are you

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

DGC773 posted:

Imperium has done nothing to stop the slow march of TAPI into Delve since we dropped a Keepstar. Feeding 1T in ships was the best thing I have seen in this game, props for it, but since then Imperium has just sat back.

THE SLOW METHODICAL MARCH CONTINUES.

p.s. Shane where are you

But you're forgetting that Papi won't drop it's supers on a keepstar without an inhib. And without an Ihub you can't have an inhib. But if you're going to kick goons out and destroy their structures without an Ihub so you can inhib then why is it taking so god drat long?

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

DGC773 posted:

For the 69th time I repeat: PAPI are conducting a smart, slow, calculated, surgical campaign of tearing Imperium down from Delve. By the time we get to 1DQ we will have had a super cap escalation which will likely determine who will win this war.

EDIT: My estimation is that the glassing of 1DQ will either be a clean up operation for PAPI.

:hmmyes:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Taking down the dyson sphere with four gunned keepstars on the same grid, when they have to hold the 1DQ ihub for 35 days to get a jammer up? Please, come on in, the water's lovely

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
They really tried to temper their boson bugfix note in the new patch

It's weird because they told me that it was a bug, not a stability improvement

They also confirmed that they aren't going to resurrect the valkyries :(

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I mean, it's nice that Pandafam Removals are next door, and cleaning Delve for TEST, it really is

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I mean, it's nice that Pandafam Removals are next door, and cleaning Delve for TEST, it really is

We are here for the good fights. Once this ends we will go home and TEST will still remain neutral. If Imperium decide to move to NPC Delve or Aridia and push TESTs poo poo in then great, that is between you two.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

DGC773 posted:

We are here for the good fights. Once this ends we will go home and TEST will still remain neutral. If Imperium decide to move to NPC Delve or Aridia and push TESTs poo poo in then great, that is between you two.

shameful, absolutely shameful. Three posts up it was glassing and annihilation, now "good fites". You're helping TEST move couches lawl

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

shameful, absolutely shameful. Three posts up it was glassing and annihilation, now "good fites". You're helping TEST move couches lawl

I have never said this was a war of annihilation.

Vily and TEST want to do that. My personal view is that it is a load of bollocks. You can't remove a group from the game.

If you are going to post the moving goalposts picture, at least post the one with the girls moving posts. jeez

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Vily with trembling voice, knowing hes hosed, and his hubris has his whole alliance hosed 'Im okay if we lose and gently caress you all if we lose, I dont care about you'
bacon boy 'WE GOTCHA GOONS, EVAC NOW'

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

DGC773 posted:

p.s. Shane where are you

DGC773 posted:

So, why are you in Delve? You admit there are no good fights as "Imp do nothing", yet you "are here for the good fights".

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

DGC773 posted:

I have never said this was a war of annihilation.

Vily and TEST want to do that. My personal view is that it is a load of bollocks. You can't remove a group from the game.

If you are going to post the moving goalposts picture, at least post the one with the girls moving posts. jeez

casual sexism? Nice!

DGC773 posted:

1DQ Dyson sphere will be destroyed. Hopefully Imperium finally drop supers on our capital fleet when we do this so we can finally gently caress.
The entire pressure of the coalition will then be placed on Helms Deep. There is no way Goons will be able to win from this. Especially with 1DQ and every industrial structure destroyed.

sounds like annihilation to me. Maybe you could not post like some sort of 4chan/reddit refugee, maybe you wouldn't have to keep taking "timeouts" between posts

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Erulisse posted:

Vily with trembling voice, knowing hes hosed, and his hubris has his whole alliance hosed 'Im okay if we lose and gently caress you all if we lose, I dont care about you'
bacon boy 'WE GOTCHA GOONS, EVAC NOW'

I chucked, thank you.

Let's be real for a second. TEST can't hold Delve alone. They are half the size of GSF. Pandafam are here for the fights, most line members don't care much for the "grr goons" hurfblurf.

TAPI STANDING ORDERS FOR IMPERIUM LINE MEMBERS:
Evacuate your assets to NPC Aridia now.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

captainclaw posted:

So, why are you in Delve? You admit there are no good fights as "Imp do nothing", yet you "are here for the good fights".

remember, they tried to backslide into goons at the start of the war, got told to rightfully get hosed for not even passing the low bar for entry and has now been doing this.... whatever... ever since

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

casual sexism? Nice!

sounds like annihilation to me. Maybe you could not post like some sort of 4chan/reddit refugee, maybe you wouldn't have to keep taking "timeouts" between posts

What are you talking about? I bet you get a text message alerting you to every time I post.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'm not the only one in this thread that keeps calling you out for your idiocy, am I though?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

captainclaw posted:

DGC tryin to sell us crackpot theories about slow and methodical progress, colorized

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

DGC773 posted:

The military objective is to glass Delve.

Vily doesn't speak on behalf of panfam, brave, FRT and all the other alliances in Querious currently. We are here to wreck the Imperium.

We all know what trying to remove an entity from the game is not possible and that particular Vily comment on removing Goons from the game is just hurfblurf.

just a random rear end post from the baconey boy

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

DGC telling goons to evacuate Delve

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

I'm not the only one in this thread that keeps calling you out for your idiocy, am I though?

GOOD JOB calling out a poster that has poo poo tier posting for the last 5 months.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

well, at least you admit it

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

DGC773 posted:

GOOD JOB calling out a poster that has poo poo tier posting for the last 5 months.

Lies and goalpost movings are not 'poo poo tier'.
They are just simple lies.

but vOv

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

I love seeing imperium supporters cry, it's my daily medicine, my weekly energy, my monthly inspiration and my yearly motivation. Their loss is the only reason i'm still alive, i was born to love and enjoy the failure that they have achieved.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

!bacon_points

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

orange juche posted:

DGC tryin to sell us crackpot theories about slow and methodical progress, colorized

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

DGC773 posted:

I love seeing imperium supporters cry, it's my daily medicine, my weekly energy, my monthly inspiration and my yearly motivation. Their loss is the only reason i'm still alive, i was born to love and enjoy the failure that they have achieved.

nice meltdown. wait, shouldn't you be out ravaging our economy and burning our infrastructure?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:ck5:

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

nice meltdown. wait, shouldn't you be out ravaging our economy and burning our infrastructure?

You are my daily medicine.

1DQ by Christmas.
Helms Deep by February.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I started a moon goo reaction in delve yesterday and I'm going to start another tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DGC773 posted:

You are my daily medicine.

you’re thinking of valtrex