Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Randalor posted:

Honest question, but shouldn't this be treated the same way as other vaccines?

Which ones? Some vaccines are 'free' and others are not. Depending on where you live the flu vaccine may be free for certain high risk people and not free for others. There are a bunch of vaccines you can get if you plan to travel overseas but you have to pay for them yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Randalor posted:

Honest question, but shouldn't this be treated the same way as other vaccines?

Considering the feds are paying for everything I dont know why its even a question beyond using the "free market" to decide who gets prioritization after the medically critical people get vaccinated.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

almost certainly there'll be private clinics offering early covid vaccination for a price, probably under some kind of stupid P3 deal

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
look, the rich people are getting it first thats just going to happen. if we don't make paying for early vaccines official than it will look like we live in a corrupt society. so thats the way it will be

Shofixti
Nov 23, 2005

Kyaieee!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Kenney announcing a paid vaccine priority line would be one of the most politically stupid moves in centuries.

Which pretty much guarantees he's going to do it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Hospital expenses are under provincial control. You want people to be as healthy as possible so you don't have to provide them expensive hospital care. They're patting themselves on the back for hospitals only being at 90% capacity, when it's going to blow a massive hole in their budgets next year. Lock it down you dweebs.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

apatheticman posted:

Kenney announcing a paid vaccine priority line would be one of the most politically stupid moves in centuries.

Which pretty much guarantees he's going to do it.

gotta replace that oil revenue with something

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Reality Protester posted:

Hospital expenses are under provincial control. You want people to be as healthy as possible so you don't have to provide them expensive hospital care. They're patting themselves on the back for hospitals only being at 90% capacity, when it's going to blow a massive hole in their budgets next year. Lock it down you dweebs.

oh the public system couldn't pay for this, guess we have to privatize healthcare in general in alberta oh well

that's the plan I'm guessing

loving ghouls

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
never let a good crisis go to waste

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

It's neat to have lived all my life in a place where the leadership is so terrible that the rest of the country, indeed, the world talks about how horrible it is and how hopeless it seems that it will ever improve.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Chamale posted:

It's neat to have lived all my life in a place where the leadership is so terrible that the rest of the country, indeed, the world talks about how horrible it is and how hopeless it seems that it will ever improve.

You're going to have to be more specific

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Early, privately supplied vaccines for wealthy people is 100% a thing thats going to happen. The political and business classes have already decided privatized medicine is ok for anything not covered by provincial health acts, we don't have a national public pharmacare plan and no politician is going to stand between their donor classes and getting a COVID vaccine shot.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but the sooner you accept this the less headaches it will give you.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Lol if you think that at least some of the rich aren't already getting vaccinated

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chamale posted:

the maritimes?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
look at dis bitch(Pallister)

https://twitter.com/nicolemurdock_/status/1330566627553906688?s=21

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

quote:

Jonathan Kay: I'll miss Taste of the Danforth, but not the woke lectures on cultural appropriation

If Karl Marx were around today, he'd be tweeting angrily about his brand being attached to hash-tagging dilettantes who brag about mobbing food-service workers

The Karl Marx understander has logged on.

Also lol at the idea that Taste of the Danforth is some kind of wokeness festival

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there's absolutely no way i'm going to read a jonathan kay article, what connection is he drawing between a formerly greek focused neighbourhood festival and "woke lectures on cultural appropriation"?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

infernal machines posted:

there's absolutely no way i'm going to read a jonathan kay article, what connection is he drawing between a formerly greek focused neighbourhood festival and "woke lectures on cultural appropriation"?

He very tenuously ties it to the story of the beef broth place that was called out on social media last week.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i thought everything about that was profoundly stupid, but more importantly, that was on ossington

there's no way he's trying to say taste of the danforth is actually greek cultural appropriation, right? that's too blazing hot of a take even for him

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Another Bill posted:

He very tenuously ties it to the story of the beef broth place that was called out on social media last week.

Which place is that?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

He invoked the "Rosemary defence." Say her name five times while smiling disingenuously and make it known that she failed to find the solution to the crisis herself. Gets 'em off the hook every time!

It was either that or hold up a picture of Justin Trudeau and say, "Hey, who's this handsome fella?" as a redirection tactic.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Goosed it. posted:

Which place is that?

https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2020/11/toronto-clothing-store-ditches-broth-bar-cultural-appropriation-complaints/

It was a Reddit darling since they immediately fixated on laughing about bone broth being cultural appropriation and not the weird-rear end sexualized names of things or naming your soup place "Broth-el"

Also it's on Ossington so I have no idea where the connection to Taste of the Danforth is.

I don't think anything on the Danforth has ever been called woke ever outside of this article.

(maybe the big carrot)

Edit: found the article. Apparently, yes, it is about the apparently huge deluge of cultural appropriation arguments against the festival, which I've literally never heard before.

enki42 has issued a correction as of 14:07 on Nov 23, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rosemary: But that does not appear to have worked.

Pallister, smiling: Yeah well, that's fine...

Rosemary: If you have had more people die in the past week than in the previous seven and half months, forgive me but it doesn't sound like your plan worked over the course of the summer.

Pallister: That's great!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I kinda think this big 4:30 announcement in alberta is going to be a proper lockdown

I think this because I had clumsy parents and a house with a lot of stairs as an infant

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

My guess is they'll announce the lockdown starts on Monday, because they learned nothing from Manitoba's failures and want people out shopping during black friday!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Chamale posted:

HE'S MAKING DOUG FORD LOOK CALM MEASURED AND THOUGHFUL

FFS this should be a dunk

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Square Peg posted:

My guess is they'll announce the lockdown starts on Monday, because they learned nothing from Manitoba's failures and want people out shopping during black friday!

Superstore pickup was totally jammers today, they called and asked if I could pick up an hour and a half later than my slot. While waiting for the order to be brought out I sighted many walking out with TP under arm. Folks are buying supplies for a lock down already, just do it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Square Peg posted:

literally just had to mandate mask wearing a month or two ago and they probably avoid this, loving morons

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
proof that if you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!

source:
https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dp3jn/alberta-has-defied-the-odds-to-have-the-most-covid-19-cases-in-canada

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the rural albertan advantage

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the alberta advantage, baby!!!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bilirubin posted:

Superstore pickup was totally jammers today, they called and asked if I could pick up an hour and a half later than my slot. While waiting for the order to be brought out I sighted many walking out with TP under arm. Folks are buying supplies for a lock down already, just do it

I saw a new sign on the Shopper Drug Mart today, they are bringing back senior hour at the beginning of the day. Yay panic buying is back!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
is it rural areas though? my mom lives in rural AB and her area of 12k people has 8 active cases per 100k people. people are 100% masking up in public and have been for months regardless of public health orders, etc. not saying all of rural AB is like that but stats seem to indicate it's mostly calgary, edmonton, banff, and a few smaller cities that are the problems vOv

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
gently caress and i thought quebec was doing horribly

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

gently caress and i thought quebec was doing horribly

It is

Alberta is just extra

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
right i guess i should have said horriblest

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/CGriwkowsky/status/1331341615986745345?s=20

https://twitter.com/CGriwkowsky/status/1331341048837140480?s=20

https://twitter.com/CGriwkowsky/status/1331342564310466561?s=20

We're gonna die ya'll

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Jesus Christ gently caress off with these weak not even half-measures. I'd like to be able to see my extended family (alive) again sometime in the next few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
for the dead, and those working hard to join them