Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

padijun posted:

mostly whether to make the black sword better or take the viridescent hunt. I have venti, childe, and fischl, and a r2 sacrificial and r3 favonius. jean is using the black sword.

Imo it's always better to get a weapon you need then refine one. Especially in this case because the jump from Bp bow to favonious is gigantic for childe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The BP weapon selection kind of confuses me. Specifically - would Viridescent Hunt (instead of Rust) make C0 Childe a monster and therefore is good, or should I just get the Black Sword and wait for a sword character to stick it on?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Refining is a scam until you have way too many weapons. You're making your weapon 3% better, which is not an amount that matters compared to the rate of progression everyone is still experiencing.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

depending on who is doing the math, hunt seems to be either a bit better or a bit worse than rust (at r0)

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Current math has Childe's best weapons as Skyward Harp>R5 Rust>Amos>Viridescent=Rust. If you don't have a rust, then get the BP bow. The grouping is also really convenient for him because all of his value comes from the stupid amount of AoE he gets to do, which is made easier with the Hunt's passive.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hunt is also I think support Fischl's second best 4* bow (more or less tied with Blackcliff Warbow). It's a distant second but it's still pretty good. There are so many bow users and the craftables suck so much that I think a lot of people will be picking it this time around.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 25, 2020

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
viridescent hunt it is, then!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ashenai posted:

If it's Fischl and/or Mona specifically who are pissing you off, then you can probably rest easy, the next event will likely focus on different characters.

If you mean that you hate the dialogue and the cutscenes in the game in general, you're screwed, but in that case I'm confused how you even got this far. The main story is full of them.

The main story was fine because I was interested in it. Even honkai impact's events can be super hit or miss, but there's always a "skip" button you can click if you're not into it and just avoid the dialogue or cutscenes. But in this game they don't even let you mash through the dialogue, you have to wait for each single dialogue box to slowly go through.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
It never bothered me, but I do agree they should give you more options to skip stuff, especially since this is supposed to be a mobile game you can play for 5 mins.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
If I do end up pulling for Zhongli, I think his weapon banner might be the first I actually pull for. There are not enough mats to level the characters at a decent rate and it's not like having a 12th strong character is going to improve my team more than stronger weapons.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Does elemental resistance just affect damage taken by that element? I got C4 Ningguang with my roll today, so I now get a 10% resistance with the jade screen or something.

Lechtansi posted:

If this is reference to my post, I didn't meant to say 200 hours of storyline content. I meant 200 hours of questing + exploring. It took me maybe 50 hours to get through the whole story start to finish, including exploring for chests, doing domains, fighting bosses, etc. You can't just burn through the storyline anyways, it has AR requirements that you can only get to if you do side stuff as well.

If Mondstadt took maybe 20 hours, and Liyue 30, and all the remaining zones are of Liyue size, then you get (6*30)+20 which is 200. It's all tea leaves anyways, since it's not actually out, but assuming the game lives long enough to see all 7 zones complete, 200 hours isn't out of the question.

I do find it really loving bad pacing that you gotta grind inbetween story quests, maybe that will get fixed later if they add in more quests to the initial zones.

At its the core basically maintains mobile gacha game conventions that expect you to play a little every day. I'm sort of mixed on the concept. On one hand, it's kind of dumb to have to regularly log into the game to progress, but on the other hand it's kind of nice having a strict cut-off for daily grinding where there isn't much of a motive to continue beyond that.

Sirbloody posted:

I sometimes hate this game. Even though I already have x1 Childe I been pulling on the banner to attempt to get my Ningguang to C6 (She is C5 so I figured it wouldn't be that hard) since I was so far from the next 5* pity. 24 pulls in I got my Ningguang to C5 10 pulls later I got a C1 Diona and now because my son insisted I had enough gems for another roll.... C1 Childe. I guess I REALLY need to make a team for him now (Shame I just have the Amos bow for him but better than nothing), and here I was trying to build up my pity to see if I want to pull on the Zhongli banner.

On the upside Childe's contellations seem more useful than most other early 5* constellations. That's part of the reasoning behind me continuing to do single rolls on the banner (and risking hitting Childe with my next pity before the Zhongli banner, though that's really doubtful).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 25, 2020

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Ytlaya posted:

Does elemental resistance just affect damage taken by that element?

Yes, what else could it do?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Magus42 posted:

Yes, what else could it do?

Maybe something with elemental reactions triggering on you? It's not clear to me whether you always get frozen/whatever when hit by the relevant elements.

Kild posted:

The next area looks to be smaller than even Mondstadt.

The next area is interesting in that it implies that there will be smaller area launches between the big nation-sized ones (since I don't think this next addition corresponds to another country, since the next country is Inazuma).

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuebot posted:

The main story was fine because I was interested in it. Even honkai impact's events can be super hit or miss, but there's always a "skip" button you can click if you're not into it and just avoid the dialogue or cutscenes. But in this game they don't even let you mash through the dialogue, you have to wait for each single dialogue box to slowly go through.

I was clicking through the dialogues just fine, I rarely heard a full audio line. There's sometimes slight delay before you can click it away and some more important texts(?) are not skippable, but 90 % is skippable.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Ytlaya posted:

The next area is interesting in that it implies that there will be smaller area launches between the big nation-sized ones (since I don't think this next addition corresponds to another country, since the next country is Inazuma).

Seems that way. In addition to Dragonspine, there's indications that the Thousand Winds Temple in Mondstat might open up at some point. In Liyue, there's the interior of Sal Terrae (which people have already figured out how to glitch into), the Chasm, and whatever's going on with the sealed god in Nantianmen.

Hard to say how many of them will open up between now and the Inazuma release. It'd make sense for them to keep some of the ones I listed in reserve so that we have events from multiple regions during the lull between Inazuma and Sumeru, though.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Am I alone in turning off dialogue completely? One I don't like Paimon's voice and two, a lot of the lines are glitchy and cut off before they're finished anyway.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

One nice thing about Viridescent Hunt for Childe is you're getting most of the benefit with just the base weapon. With Rust at r5 refinement the boost to normal attacks is doubled, 80% vs 40% on a r1. Viridescent Hunt r5 just drops the cooldown on the cyclone proc from 14s to 10s: you'll very likely be swapping Childe out long enough for the cooldown to expire. It also doubles the damage of the cyclone, which is nice but not what you're using it for

(The white numbers in this video are the damage from the cyclone, it's not nothing but it's pretty small next to the damage Childe is doing with his cascading splashes)

Smettbo
Sep 18, 2008

Anyone else having issues with this? I keep getting hit with an error saying any number of things could have gone wrong. It's also weirdly difficult to log in.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm increasingly convinced the favonious weapons are all insane. I'm tempted to just level a second favonious warbow so Venti and Diona can both use it (alternative is a sac bow). Xiangling already has a favonious lance, I'd just need a favonious sword for Bennett.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

I'm increasingly convinced the favonious weapons are all insane. I'm tempted to just level a second favonious warbow so Venti and Diona can both use it (alternative is a sac bow). Xiangling already has a favonious lance, I'd just need a favonious sword for Bennett.

Yeah, in retrospect I kind of wish I pulled on the earlier weapon banners. Sacrificial weapons are also pretty decent.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There's only been one favonious weapon on a banner so far (lance). I can still dream of a full favonious weapon banner. Each time it goes off - and it can go off once every 12 seconds at r0 - your leading character gets 6 energy and your team gets 3.6 energy, meaning you're roughly getting 17 free energy every 15 seconds per fav weapon you have.

Even crazier is that this amount gets multiplied by energy recharge. The net effect ends up huge, especially as the favonious weapons themselves give energy recharge. Ideally at least half of each of my teams would carry one of these... idk i might get baited hard by the next weapon banner if a few of these are on it.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
If I'm looking to kit out support Fischl and I've got a Favonius Warbow, is it worth getting a Viridescent Hunt for her instead? Energy recharge seems preferable to crit rate if she's just dropping Oz

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The downside of favonious warbow specifically is it has terrible base ATK. It has 400 base ATK at level 80 whereas Viridescent Hunt has 450 (and Sacrificial bow has 500!). I don't find energy recharge particularly impactful on her and crit is very nice on her but... the fav bow orb passive is so good. I don't even know anymore.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

No Wave posted:

There's only been one favonious weapon on a banner so far (lance). I can still dream of a full favonious weapon banner. Each time it goes off - and it can go off once every 12 seconds at r0 - your leading character gets 6 energy and your team gets 3.6 energy, meaning you're roughly getting 17 free energy every 15 seconds per fav weapon you have.

Oh, the team gets energy too? Sweet. I'd better actually use mine, then.

My Kaeya already has a ton of energy recharge, so it'll be interesting to see how much faster this makes everyone's bursts fill up.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
If I turned off the dialogue I wouldn't be able to hear Zhongli???

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bloody Emissary posted:

Oh, the team gets energy too? Sweet. I'd better actually use mine, then.

My Kaeya already has a ton of energy recharge, so it'll be interesting to see how much faster this makes everyone's bursts fill up.
Keep in mind - you have to build crit on any favonious carrier to use the passive reliably. You want to crit off of your support abilities (which is why it's so good with Diona as she fires five blocks) to make it work so you'll need a good amount for anyone carrying one. This can be rather expensive to get a lot of usage out of for a lot of characters for a while if their abilities only hit once (getting Kaeya to 50% crit is not cheap!).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 25, 2020

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

No Wave posted:

Keep in mind - you have to build crit on any favonious carrier to use the passive reliably. You want to crit off of your support abilities (which is why it's so good with Diona as she fires five blocks) to make it work so you'll need a good amount for anyone carrying one. This can be rather expensive to get a lot of usage out of for a lot of characters for a while if their abilities only hit once (getting Kaeya to 50% crit is not cheap!).

It's still going to be better than Cool Steel, though. :v:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It sucks when you're doing the Stormterror fight and when it starts the phase where you have to leave the platforms he suddenly does a cutscene while you're flying from platform to platform. When that happens, it apparently stops your forward momentum while you continue gliding, so by the time the short cutscene is over you've fall between the platforms.

Stormterror also started glitching a bunch recently where I'll run up to him and end up inside of his neck.

No Wave posted:

Can something like Fischl's bird attacks proc that when she's not on the field?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 25, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I haven't tested it. I don't think any weapon's passive ability works while you're off the field though (I do know that Sac bow will only trigger if Fischl is on the field when Oz is out) so I suspect that it wouldn't.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Geomancing posted:

Am I alone in turning off dialogue completely? One I don't like Paimon's voice and two, a lot of the lines are glitchy and cut off before they're finished anyway.

I turned mine to Japanese when I pulled Jean, because I thought that Chiwa Saito being her voice actor surely meant that Jean has a hidden, manic, unhinged side to her. Been thoroughly disappointed so far.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Imagine not finding all the goofy dialogue fun and charming

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mailer posted:

The BP weapon selection kind of confuses me. Specifically - would Viridescent Hunt (instead of Rust) make C0 Childe a monster and therefore is good, or should I just get the Black Sword and wait for a sword character to stick it on?

They're very close in DPS calculation but the crit substat makes Childe feel a lot better to play and easier to gear imo.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Viridescent Hunt would be tempting if I didn't already have a Level 80 R0 Rust on hand. Decisions were certainly made.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's more bow 5 stars in the future

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gandlethorpe posted:

Imagine not finding all the goofy dialogue fun and charming

The only dialog I've actually enjoyed is Mona realizing Fischl is brokebrained and every time the MC, or Paimon in his/her place, has a deadpan response about the anime idiocy going on around them. It reminds me a bit of the localization for some of the Monhun games where there's so much text (and none of it matters) that they wound up having fun with it.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I made the mistake of running the talent domain to boost Bennett before realizing when I hit the ascension 4 wall that I now have three pyro characters competing for crystals factoring in Klee and Xiangling. At least running pyrovine every day is gonna be a welcome change from putting off oceanid and never getting XQ or Barb past 40

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Mailer posted:

The only dialog I've actually enjoyed is Mona realizing Fischl is brokebrained and every time the MC, or Paimon in his/her place, has a deadpan response about the anime idiocy going on around them. It reminds me a bit of the localization for some of the Monhun games where there's so much text (and none of it matters) that they wound up having fun with it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Paimon is literally the best character. She's like Navi but a gluttonous snark machine

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

zgrowler2 posted:

I made the mistake of running the talent domain to boost Bennett before realizing when I hit the ascension 4 wall that I now have three pyro characters competing for crystals factoring in Klee and Xiangling. At least running pyrovine every day is gonna be a welcome change from putting off oceanid and never getting XQ or Barb past 40

I need to farm oceanid some more so I can get Childe to level 80 but I've been putting it off because everything wants my resin right now and oceanid is a pain. The power boost and checking off a thing on my adventure log would be nice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I need to farm oceanid some more so I can get Childe to level 80 but I've been putting it off because everything wants my resin right now and oceanid is a pain. The power boost and checking off a thing on my adventure log would be nice though.

Childe level 70 with a level 80 Harp, I feel your pain. Problematic fave boy needs his ascension boost