Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Are...are all their tag team moves Luther throwing Serpentico into someone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Luther, just tie a knot in your hanky when you're the legal man

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

lol snakem'n

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Artelier posted:

Yes

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Luther's voice will never not be funny. He's like a muppet.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

require a gif of Luther's sell off the apron

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Artelier posted:

yes, its god

Luther posted:

DON'T TALK TO MY SNAKE SON

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Vince MechMahon posted:

Luther's voice will never not be funny. He's like a muppet.

it's like he had the reverse of what happened to honma happen to him

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This is probably the coolest Janela has ever been

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

This is probably the coolest Janela has ever been

He can't do GCW anymore for the time being so I think he'll be putting a lot more effort into AEW

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Push into electric chair into powerbomb felt incredibly unnecessary and I love it

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

FAT BOY SENTON~!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just survive seventeen more minutes, Sonny, defeat RAW

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Aubrey dodging that kick was smooth

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Serpentico: We're winning! Kill me more

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

lol

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

NO
YES
NO
YEEEEEES

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

luther is the greatest

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

luther is the greatest

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I did like to see Luther doing a senton

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

joey taking the pin because you gotta protect luther

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

fabulous AEW Dark

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

MorningMoon posted:

NO
YES
NO
YEEEEEES

YESSSSSSSSSSS

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm glad I watched. Helped my sad brain.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

ItohRespectArmy posted:

joey taking the pin because you gotta protect luther sonny

I believe this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

An absolute unit of an AEW Dark

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

absolute unit

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I'm glad I watched. Helped my sad brain.

:unsmith:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

AEW Dark Thread: An Absolute Unit of a Thread

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

AEW Dark Thread: An Absolute Unit of a Thread

:hmmyes:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

it's like he had the reverse of what happened to honma happen to him

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Luther has inspired me to solve all of my problems by tossing a smaller person at things.

I don't see any way that this could end badly.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gradually making my way through Dark, I feel like Penelope Ford could swap the fireman’s carry-to-gutbuster to her finish.

Also, lol at using the Frozen font for Lady Frost’s video (I have a preschooler).

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Mother of God, this show is nearly 3 hours long

1) Vypress vs Big Swole. Like Vypress's look. Swole. Swole. Nice exchange of locks to start. Couple of nice misdirection spots, and I loved the hair spot on the ropes. I'd really like to see Swole improve her strikes. She has good kicks, but we kept seeing her get into a fighting stance, then shove someone when I expected her to deliver a strike.

2) Lee Johnson and Aaron Solow vs 3 and 4. Alex Reynolds got them long bois. This match was just a wild pleasure. Four very good guys just doing athletic stuff all over the place. I'm presuming Solow is on some kind of a Pay To Appear deal, but they could really use him in a junior heavyweight role

Leva promo. Kind of fun. Liked the deliberate awkward moment.

3) Michael Nakazawa vs Trent? This is less a match and more a lampshade hanging continuity moment. Lots of Yano spots with Nakazawa. The concept of the front of the rear end area is incredible. Nipple Jones. Taz just entirely losing it at the baby oil sequence was superb. And after that it becomes basically a fun DDT match. Greg deservedly won, but this was fun.

4) Red Velvet vs Tesha Price. I dig Tesha's look. The grey jacket works in a weird way. Red Velvet as always looks fantastic. This match wasn't too long, but it was pretty good fun, and a good display of Red Velvet running a match.

Shawn Spears exists I guess. Not a bad promo but it didn't really forward anything.

Lance Archer promo. Good but a bit directionless.

5) VSK and Baron Black vs Private Party. Baron Black is the only person in this match who we're sure who he is and don't need to check. I like Private Party's hi-viz gear. VSK is fun but he's a bit Generic Indie Guy at this point. I'd like to see more character. Baron Black feels a bit sluggish throughout this match. Not bad, but not special.

6) KiLynn King vs Rache Chanel. One of the best Dark women's wrestlers vs one of the worst. Chanel isn't terrible here but boy is she nothing great. King has some good dynamic moves and continues to show great character. Really beautiful release German suplex there. Dominant finish. Kingdom Falls feels a lot more appropriate than her (admittedly pretty good) frog splash.

7) Sammy Guevara vs Marko Stunt. This match feels like it's taking place in Sammys vlog continuity. Left in a basket on the doorstep of the jungle. These silly fuckers are killing me. This is a great bullying match. Sammy plays Teen Movie Jerk perfectly and Marko is able to lionheart very well. Fun match, and very good Sammy promo at the end. He always manages to find the space to sound cocky and ambitious while backing it up, but still being heelish.

8) Dreamgirl Ellie vs Penelope Ford. Ellie's gear here is better than the Super Saiyan outfit she had earlier. I continue to love that Kip Sabian valets for Penelope. Ellie looks good but her strikes are very light. She needs to lean in on those or it looks like she's only tapping Ford. Not a bad match, and Ford continues to get better, but it all felt a bit light touch.

9) Lady Frost and Jenna vs Ivelisse and Diamante. I love costume wrestlers. Fan of Lady Frost from the indies too. Great hoss action from Jenna to start with, just no selling that arm drag. Really excellent kicks from Lady Frost. Decent tag as it goes. Lots of quick character work from Frost and Jenna, meaning you care about them quickly. Jenna's power stuff is very nicely done, and Frost is quick in a very appealing way. Match ends as it was going to end, but I'd like to see both Jenna and Ellie back.

10) Adam Priest vs Brandon Cutler. Priest sure is a guy who is participating in this match. Hot Streak Cutler is so much fun now. Once he's got some wins strung together I'd like to see him move up to a lower midcard program against someone like Kip Sabian (tabletop vs videogame rivalry?). Adam Priest is perfectly competent as a opponent, but he just feels so generic. I think part of it is the Jamie Noble Boy tights.

The Waiting Room. Reba's Hostage Face when she's laughing is superb. I loved the "I would never want to call you by the wrong name, right Reba?" gag. For someone doing this segment in her second language, Tay did a pretty good job.

Caster and Bowens come out. God, he is so good at this freestyling stuff.

This was a silly segment but very nicely put together

11) Large Adult Gunns versus KTB, Seth Gargis, and Cezar Bononi. I found it tough to get into this match, honestly. I like KTB and want to see him do more, but I don't care about any of the Gunns

12) Jurassic Express vs Panda X-Press. Comedy match time. This is pretty decent fun, I loved the double belly spot. Super Panda has a pretty good frog splash.

13) TH2 vs Garrison and Pillman. Long Boi Angelico ready for his match. TH2 are such a cohesive tag team. They each have things they're good at and jump into their roles really naturally. Garrison and Pillman were perfectly good foils, but this match wasn't really about them. Nice to see Top Flight out at the end.

14) Alex Chamberlain and Damian Fenrir versus The Acclaimed. Two pretty generic bad guys. Caster[s rap here was good but not at the level of his earlier work. Fenrir has a pretty decent standing dropkick. Love a bunch of the Acclaimed double teams. Holy christ, this is the fourteenth match of the show. Why did Max Caster kiss that guy's hand after pinning him?

15) Matt Sydal vs Alan Angels. This could be fun. I'm okay with Matt Sydal now. Took me a while, but he's a really good midcard scaffold. Put him against more prominent guys to give them a dominant win against a credible opponent. Put him against up and coming guys so they can stand toe to toe with a veteran. Angels has such good strikes, even as transitional moves. I love him in AEW but I kind of want to see him go to Japan and be a super junior strong style kicking machine. This is probably my favourite match of the night so far.

16) Fuego Del Sol vs Pretty Peter Avalon. Avalon going all Vacation Peter on us. Remarkably technical start. This whole match is fun as we get two different undercard stories combine. Fuego just can't get that tornado DDT, but Peter can get the win. Sure thing.

17) Chaos Project vs Bad Romance vs Dark Order. I am hyped for a Chaos Project match. Imagine that. By all rights this is Dark Order's to lose, but we'll see how that goes. Lots of chaos early on. This is a really fun three way tag. Luther still isn't able to do all that much in the ring, but he's still fun to watch. Enjoyed this a lot, great finish from Uno and Grayson. Nice big match feel with the ending.

holy crap that was nearly 3 hours

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Just watching this now. Did nobody tell Swole that dropping people on their heads with an accidental Tiger Driver 91 isn't very cool?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the other wrestler pulled her arms out as she went up, essentially taking swole's part of the momentum swing away entirely. after that she took a really rough bump. not much to do there but try and communicate and make sure the mistake doesn't ever happen again. I'm lying

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Decent Dark. I thought Vipress and Swole both looked pretty bad, Rache Chanel actually looked....decent? The Acclaimed loving rule and everything involving the Dark Order was pretty great. Especially liked Angels/Sydal.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Something had been nagging me for a while about VSK, and I finally worked out what it is.

He looks like a younger Amos from The Expanse:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
In an effort to showcase their women, the plan is for AEW Dark to gradually increase the running time until it becomes AEW Big Egg Universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Lamuella posted:

Caster and Bowens come out. God, he is so good at this freestyling stuff.

I thought he was funny before their match but really cringey on The Waiting Room.