Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Dip Viscous posted:

A lot of NES era games had their box art changed for non-Japan releases to look less anime, sometimes to a hilarious extent.

i think the point was that it sounds like violet_sky thinks that the japanese box art for those games is the same as the western release. in which case, uh, i've got some bad news for you about dragon quest, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hey at least they kept the same energy.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Lol poo poo I never realized how similar they were until put side by side.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
that is a dumb mouth

does that dragon eat krill and plankton

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Detective No. 27 posted:

Target delivered way early.

That looks pretty rad

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

How many gold coins do you get for a pair of vouchers?

$5 for the US ones, I'm guessing it's similar for AUS

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the original mario maker will no longer accept new uploads after march 2021 and will be delisted in January.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Motto posted:

the original mario maker will no longer accept new uploads after march 2021 and will be delisted in January.
I hope the last upload is extremely stupid

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, did this get posted yet?

https://gamingintel.com/huge-nintendo-leak-teases-switch-pro-pokemon-remakes-botw-2-and-more/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i just had a huge nintento leak out of my butt and it said switch pro is coming out this week

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The Bloop posted:

or,,,if you are good at games

Hey, I've already beaten it, originally. I've paid my dues.

Now is the season of taking it (relatively) easy.

For real, though, the challenge is still there, you're just not wasting lives on it. And aside from saving a poo poo load of time, what's the difference between rewinding to not die vs loading up on 1 ups in the secret area?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Target delivered way early.

I'm not even a huge Fire Emblem fan, but that CE is amazing, especially the Nintendo Power magazine

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

For real, though, the challenge is still there, you're just not wasting lives on it. And aside from saving a poo poo load of time, what's the difference between rewinding to not die vs loading up on 1 ups in the secret area?

Nothing. It's fine. Do whatever you want.

you're only cheating yourself...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

(Edit:^^^^ I know you're kidding, but I'm still enjoying it, so :shobon:)

Willo567 posted:

I'm not even a huge Fire Emblem fan, but that CE is amazing, especially the Nintendo Power magazine

These are my thoughts exactly. Like :drat:

I kinda want it now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That's not so much a leak as filling gaps on what's already known and some general wish fulfillment. You could predict the WiiU Zelda ports just by looking at all the other ported WiiU games, and Bayonetta 3's been a known thing for ages. Detective Pikachu got a well-liked live-action feature film, so a sequel's a pretty easy assumption to make. Even the article points out that Pokemon games seem to now be on a rotation and we're due for a remake of some kind next (the easy money would be Gold/Silver versions of Let's Go Pokemon imo as COVID is a factor in projects and literally half the work is already done). The rest are just popular Nintendo franchises that haven't been seen in a year or so, so you can make a ballpark guess for development on projects reaching about the point in 2021 that Nintendo can show off a trailer at least if they exist.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote:

Kirkby
heh

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

quote:

A HD remake of Skyward Sword could also potentially form part of this pack. That game was considered too much of a technical challenge to remake on the Wii U. But thanks to the Nintendo Switch’s joycons, a remake of this Wii game could now be a reality.
:thunk:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's almost as if, and stay with me here, this "article" is absolute bollocks

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Is Dex worth the time? It’s only 8 bucks and a 2d take on dues ex sounds fun

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Post your favorite confirmed switch pro fact:

Swotch pro will launch with the ability to create software folders (maximum of 2, online connection required)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

siwtch pro has a gameboy slot and that's a shoot

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

switch pro will be the only system capable of running mother 4

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

lol look at this scrub who didn't grind for extra lives in the first Forest stage.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Switch Pro is totally coming out this year and will definitely do 4k resolution and have a battery life more than an hour. Totally.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's a credible leak and not at all just rumors

Is there a reason behind "games journalism is bad" every rando with a twitter is considered a leaker now?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I haven't ever grinded for lives in SMW because I usually have like a hundred of them by the end of world 3 just playing normally.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Switch pro will launch with exclusive DSiWare Online

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Switch pro will launch with Mario Aces Tennis Deluxe. No one will buy this one either

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The idea actually isn't entirely stupid; If you play Super Mario Galaxy in the All-Stars 3D pack at all, you'll find Joycons actually do a pretty solid job of emulating Wiimote tracking even without the IR sensor bar as a reference. They obviously need to be re-centered every so often, but for general-use they work surprisingly well.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Len posted:

It's a credible leak and not at all just rumors

Is there a reason behind "games journalism is bad" every rando with a twitter is considered a leaker now?

Not really. Games journalists just don't often have the incentive or the ability to follow up on leads, and always want to be the first to report something.

Like, hell I remember when I worked for a really small site, one of my colleagues was chatting with someone with Rockstar while playing a demo of GTA V or something, and the guy let slip that there was online multiplayer, something that hadn't been announced yet. He immediately published it without any follow up investigation, and we got a shitload of traffic as a result, everyone's chasing that high.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Switch Pro is already out you guys missed it

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
It's me, I'm the Switch PRO

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It won't be called the Switch Pro. It'll be called the Nintendo TV. You won't be able to play any games that require the touchscreen on it either.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Augus posted:

I haven't ever grinded for lives in SMW because I usually have like a hundred of them by the end of world 3 just playing normally.

Well, I did when I was a kid, because I was a dumb kid who was bad at video games, but not since then. :shrug:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Switch Pro is totally coming out this year and will definitely do 4k resolution and have a battery life more than an hour. Totally.

Switch pro will launch with an excess of stock. You will be able to calmly walk into a store and grab one off the shelf. Scalpers, up to their old tricks, will lose money

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Well presuming one did do checkerboard rendered 4k, it wouldn't have a 4k screen, probably still 720 or maybe like 960, so I don't think battery life would actually be effected that much as it would be running in a lower profile handheld anyway.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

It will be called *New* Nintendo Switch XL.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Ultra New Super Nintendo Switch 3DS XL 64 U

Comes with 8 GB of internal storage.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The idea actually isn't entirely stupid; If you play Super Mario Galaxy in the All-Stars 3D pack at all, you'll find Joycons actually do a pretty solid job of emulating Wiimote tracking even without the IR sensor bar as a reference. They obviously need to be re-centered every so often, but for general-use they work surprisingly well.

I think the bigger question is why the Wiiu wouldn't be able to handle a skyward sword remake and basing the arguement on the switch's joycons. The Wiiu supports wiimote and nunchucks, it wouldn't need joycons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Skyward Sword did not even use the sensor bar, it was all gyro. The sensor bar could automatically recalibrate the controller periodically, but when I was playing I usually used the manual recalibrate button anyway.