Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Paffgen posted:

I know there's some ballistics guy who came up with the theory which lends it like a perfume of authority but it is...the cracked.com explanation for internet wannabe smart guys, not serious people no offense, unless they mean there was a conspiracy beyond lone gunman and they hosed up but the secret service still got him on accident which is also incredibly dumb.

There's something really funny about the idea that all the weird poo poo afterwards is the result of the govt scrambling to cover up the fact that they accidentally blew away a president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
JFK was taken out by Big Hat.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Why was there a different coffin, why is the brain missing, why did the secret service get in a standoff with the sheriff's in texas

Because they were freaked out someone would realize they did the opposite of their job

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it would be no problem for the secret service to throw one agent to the dogs, though

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

V. Illych L. posted:

it would be no problem for the secret service to throw one agent to the dogs, though

It would be, if they wanted to own up to loving up on a whole new scale

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah so agent Gary plugged jfk because we're a bunch of bumble dicked assholes who gave a relatively new agent a brand new gun in a moving vehicle while we drove around with a bullseye painted on the president's big irish head

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

they've already hosed up beyond belief at their one job

i have a hard time believing that gary and the accompanying fallout is worth doing the insanely sketchy coverup that went down after JFK died, even if it ended with the dissolution of the secret service

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have no problem believing that they knew about oswald but decided that he was too crazy to actually do anything or did the classic 'but he's a veteran, how could he do anything unpatriotic??' gently caress up. sort of a 9/11 situation.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
while not impossible, that would be an incredibly lucky shot to panic shoot a head. it would seem more likely that cia would have assets in the secret service directly.

except for me of course, i flick shot 180 heads all the time, but they aren't as skilled as i am and my kdr is 15:1 in battlefield

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
i like the theory it was an accidental discharge and they had to cover it up cause it's just funnier that way

oh=oh sphagettios

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

i like the theory it was an accidental discharge and they had to cover it up cause it's just funnier that way

oh=oh sphagettios

easily my favorite theory, they either didn't intend to at all or they just wanted a near miss to scare him but he was accidentally too good a shot

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also i looked up oswald's wikipedia page and when he defected to the soviets they gave him a free apartment on top of a job, but he was Buttsalt because there was no typical american entertainments, and he wanted to go to moscow state for some reason. what a loser.

the detail about every soviet official he talked to at first being totally confused why he wanted to defect is pretty funny.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

It is weird that he'd defect to the USSR, but what's weirder is what happened after he got back to the US. It's was okay that he'd defected and said he was going to give the Russians secrets apparently, nbd.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

new leftist podcast out, very keen to see where they go!

https://twitter.com/ukhomeoffice/status/1329454063780569088

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Also I am really enjoying Ghost Stories For The End Of The World, gh0stpinballa - it's excellent content but I really like your careful and thoughtful approach? Good (if terrifying) listening.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Shipon posted:

easily my favorite theory, they either didn't intend to at all or they just wanted a near miss to scare him but he was accidentally too good a shot

Intern comes flying into hw's office, panting, sir sir oswald, he's just too good, gently caress

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Heard on a podcast that Oswald was remarked on as a lousy shot both in the air force and in the USSR, don't know if it's true but if so lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he was a marine but uh. i dunno about that. i dont have much experience shooting moving targets but it's much further and at smaller targets than ive ever shot at, and his scope was miscalibrated and it only took him 2 shots to correct into a headshot. i'm an average marksman and that's far above my skill level.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Grevling posted:

Heard on a podcast that Oswald was remarked on as a lousy shot both in the air force and in the USSR, don't know if it's true but if so lol.

The shots Oswald took weren't particularly difficult.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

gradenko_2000 posted:

The shots Oswald took weren't particularly difficult.

Oh yeah? Let's see you make them.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I'm probably misremembering stuff, it says on wikipedia that he was actually a pretty good shot when tested as a marine. But there are a lot of strange details in the story of his life up to the assassination.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Oswald accidentally forgot to take off his critical hit chance ring, Jack Ruby was going for the loot drop

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

a Loving Dog posted:

lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

a Loving Dog posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JFK_Reloaded

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Coolest thing about jfk stuff is that, when jack ruby was arrested for shooting lee harvey oswald, the feds locked him a room alone with the head of project mkultra and he came out of that room completely incoherent and out of his mind. Fun!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

inventing a time machine to perform increasingly difficult trick shots on JFK

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lol hell yeah

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I get the feeling this might have caused a bunch of really loving weird DMs on TrueAnon's account.

https://twitter.com/marco_cpp/status/1331174925919514625

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Kunster posted:

I get the feeling this might have caused a bunch of really loving weird DMs on TrueAnon's account.

https://twitter.com/marco_cpp/status/1331174925919514625

love to see our comrades get some international press

THS
Sep 15, 2017

its very funny to see my local maoist larpers get taken seriously by people who should not take them seriously

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Algund Eenboom posted:

Coolest thing about jfk stuff is that, when jack ruby was arrested for shooting lee harvey oswald, the feds locked him a room alone with the head of project mkultra and he came out of that room completely incoherent and out of his mind. Fun!

It's awesome how that scene from Batman Begins happened IRL.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Algund Eenboom posted:

suddenly having super cancer in every single part of the body at 50 and dying instantly is pretty funny too

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

THS posted:

its very funny to see my local maoist larpers get taken seriously by people who should not take them seriously

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the DMs are people calling a party that is essentially recognized by Duerte as a terrorist organization and have good reason in keeping way low (Hence why their Tolentino statement for TA was seen as remarkable) "shitlibs" for doing a generic Biden endorsement and acknowledgment.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lumpentroll posted:

lmao

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
oh drat, maradona died
rip

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
don’t cry for me argentina...

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

oh drat, maradona died
rip

maradona es mas muerto que pele

I'm sure it's broken grammar I'm not a spanish speaker so I appologize if it sounds like caveman speak :)

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lumpentroll posted:

Screaming in frustration as I activate my time watch for the hundredth time to try to 360 no scope jfk

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Phaze clan starts twitch streaming the jfk assassination in a controversial move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

scope? please. this rifle has 100% accuracy on the first shot. going to nail this one with hipfire