Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

In Idleon, just before the top of any hour, bring up the chat pane and type in the following:

If u love me let me go

case sensitive. If you're on desktop, watch the capital I, sometimes the parser ignores the shift key.

If you did it right, you'll get teleported to a secret area. Wait til the countdown ends, and good luck. You can do this every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

For what it's worth, that minigame is also accessible from the carrot area.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

How does auto-challenge work in Synergism? I have it unlocked, but I don't think it's doing anything.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Maigius posted:

How does auto-challenge work in Synergism? I have it unlocked, but I don't think it's doing anything.

You click the "on" button and watch as it iterates through the challenges at the rate you have defined. If you don't see the on button, you don't have it unlocked.

The three numbers you can enter are:
Time for start of sweep -- the delay between starting a challenge after looping from 1 to 10
Time before exiting challenge -- how long it will wait before it exits a challenge if you're not gaining levels
Time before entering challenge -- the delay between starting challenges

So if you have it at 5/10/20 (not real numbers you should use), it will wait 5 seconds, then start challenge 1. if you haven't gained any levels in challenge 1 after 10 seconds, it will exit and move on to challenge 2 after 20 seconds. Once it gets to the end of the challenges, it will wait 5 seconds, then start again.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ScottyJSno posted:

Synergism

So ah auto Ascends don't work offline huh?

Well there goes 15hrs I could have been farming for a research, or something.

This is the thing that's really put the brakes on my progress. Auto Challenges not working without the screen in focus is another thing also doing the same

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Lone Goat posted:

If u love me let me go

Love me, feed me, don't leave me!

and they'll deliver a garfaccino to your house

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So whats the deal with barbarians in idleon that makes the thread like them? They have one skill that pulls enemies toward them which seems really nice but it also heals the enemies and every other skill they have seems painfully lackluster? What am I missing?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly it's a pretty simple reason. Equip the Warrior-exclusuive axe that's craftable on the first smithing tier. Hit a group of enemies with it and notice that for it (and all spear weapons really) there's no upper limit of enemies that can be hit in one swing. Recall that barbarians also have a taunt that pulls enemies into one spot.

And frankly, all the subclasses are lackluster in similar ways. Their active skills cost way too much MP to be usable in any real sense, and they each have one damage passive that you really need to work to get any decent damage out of. It's telling that most people will say to funnel most your skill points back to into your main class when you first unlock it. The main edge barbarian has is that it still has superior mobbing potential, with better damage than archer.

Oh, and also there's the fact that mining and fishing are the worst to gain resources from. Warriors could be the absolute worst class period and you'd still want a few for mining and fishing.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Oof. Popped into the thread to see what games people were playing, checked out Idleon, and hot diggity drat does that game have some big problems making me quit it the same night I started it. Cheers to you people who can handle it but it just feels oppresively slow to me.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
More Idle Superheroes quirks

If you start a new run and don't make a selection after level 21, if you also go past 31 it will automatically let you pick another superpower meaning you will end up facing Rezorb at 71 and have to restart, instead of the game taking the TimeBro route you could pick at 21 meaning you don't face Rezorb at 71.

To start a challenge you need to time travel. Time travel can only happen after level 21, making it kinda annoying to start challenges. This coupled with the previous issue means you have to babysit your challenge until 21 so you can pick TimeBro, otherwise the game will take you to Rezorb at 71 which means you will likely fail the challenge and having to time travel to a non-challenge run then time travel AGAIN for the challenge

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Grimey Drawer
I know I'm very late to the party on this, but I just wanted to say Ngu Idle is very good. I've seen people talking about a... new NGU idle game? I don't know if it's a beta for a future release or, like a sequel...?

Anyway, I will be completing the very long Daycare slog to max yellow heart this weekend, and picking up the Ascended Newbie pack.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Idle Superheroes question, what's the best way to farm Time Energy? Should I be doing long resets over a bunch of short ones? I figure I gotta find a power that works (right now I'm sticking with Eagle Eyes as the one I keep every reset, accuracy x10 and min damage +2x accuracy so all my hits do a bunch of damage, then just aim for agility/attack speed/power charge powers) and just let it ride until I get walled by a boss with random powers. Is that mostly right? And then just push challenges once in a while for the additional xp mult?

edit: also what's with the shop respec cost, it is like 0 for the first 100 levels and then it's completely unaffordable after 150ish, does it expect you to just have a lot more time banked into passive income/free respec interval or what? almost feels like it punishes you for not actively playing and grinding free refreshes early to at least have some of whatever relevant stat in every spot

edit 2: oh and can I see the value of exp multiplier anywhere? because it is multiplied by achievements but that doesn't tell me what it, you know, *is*.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 25, 2020

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Idleon is fine if you’re not in a rush to get ahead. It’s not really an incremental game with twelve kinds of exponential growth, though. It’s just steady progress with fun sprite art.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
How do you fight the 1st boss? I've wasted 2 keys getting one-shot by that sword attack. Can you dodge it by standing under it?

It's really infuriating that I don't get to practice the boss.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dragongem posted:

How do you fight the 1st boss? I've wasted 2 keys getting one-shot by that sword attack. Can you dodge it by standing under it?

If you melee his legs the sword can’t hit you. Every attack will oneshot you aside from the fireballs and spikes.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

You can dodge it if you're basically as close as possible to the leg, my warriors do it automatically since they're so short range but my archers/mages it's harder to get in that space (because the character controls are frustratingly imprecise).

So i tend to just run away with those classes to be safe.

Don't bother dodging the lightning balls either, they don't hit hard enough to be worth worrying about, just bring some food and they will never kill you on their own.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Dragongem posted:

Assume you have fast reflexes, you can sit right at the bosses foot, and dip down into the little pit nearby to dodge the foot stomp and sword swing attacks. The timing on the sword swing is the roughest, you basically need to keep your mouse on the pit and click the second the wind up starts. You’ll also have to dodge the fist attack by moving a little bit away after the first pulses, but shouldn’t have to go all the way to the pit. Use the Average Yellow Potion and Pizza as your two food slots. Don’t forget to kill the totems they spawn at your presumed level, eventually you do enough damage to just ignore them.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

You can avoid the sword swing if you hug his feet. For the rocket punch just stand still until the arm throbs and then move away, it won't hit you on the way back so once it shoots you can go back in.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Idleon's first boss has two hitboxes, his foot and his shoulder. Warriors should attack the foot, mages and archers should climb up and hit the shoulder. Instead of doing a spike stomp like he does on the ground, he does an uppercut - archer's extra range makes it so he cannot hit you with this, mages need to juke backwards a bit to dodge. He still does the rocket punch up there, but it can't go further than the vine behind you to the left, so just tun past that. You will need to dodge the sword swipe as well, so if he raises his sword -behind- his head, pop down to the platform past the spike trap. If he raises his sword straight up, that's the fireball attack.

Its all super telegraphed and every single attack can be dodged.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm sticking with Eagle Eyes as the one I keep every reset,

Same!

Getting that min. dmg up also boosts the max dmg, once you get one of the attackcharge superpowers (you attack first) coupled with the 1000% agility one for faster attack speed you just blast through the levels (until you hit a wall!)
No idea about your questions, the game isn't very transparent.

Vampiristic is also one of the best powers i've tried so far. Heal for 10% of your damage, which is like always healing you to full with every attack. The only thing that kills me is stuff that oneshots me, so if a boss does that its a sign its time to reset

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ineptitude posted:

Same!

Getting that min. dmg up also boosts the max dmg, once you get one of the attackcharge superpowers (you attack first) coupled with the 1000% agility one for faster attack speed you just blast through the levels (until you hit a wall!)
No idea about your questions, the game isn't very transparent.

Vampiristic is also one of the best powers i've tried so far. Heal for 10% of your damage, which is like always healing you to full with every attack. The only thing that kills me is stuff that oneshots me, so if a boss does that its a sign its time to reset

If you manage to kill Rezorb in the prime timeline, you might put Eagle Eye as your 1-B best power instead.

(I mean I'm still keeping Eagle Eye as my one power to retain every run but if and when I get to two...)

Edit: Accuracy builds are fun. :)

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 25, 2020

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

postmodifier posted:

He still does the rocket punch up there, but it can't go further than the vine behind you to the left, so just tun past that.

It's even easier than that. If you wait for the fist to pulse and hop down to the slightly lower platform it can't hit you at all.

Boss is relatively easy, the problem is just that when you first reach him, you die if you mess up. Once you know how to dodge all his instant kills, he's super easy. And once you've got a fully upgraded set of iron armor, he does like 50 damage at most on his high damage attacks.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Pigbuster posted:

I feel like it did take forever. It's been awhile but it might've taken me longer to get the actual drop afterwards because at least your drop chance equipment can help with that one.

Yeah, like the flat 2% drop rate for the balls seems to just be the blocker because nothing influences it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kyrosiris posted:

If you manage to kill Rezorb in the prime timeline, you might put Eagle Eye as your 1-B best power instead.

Patch notes suggest this used to be 100% before it was nerfed, lmao.

The game's opaque but I'm enjoying it, Eagle Eye owns and I can't imagine ever switching off it (although I guess I will give it up for Vampiristic long enough to clear the Yolo challenge to unlock the Vitality multiplier eventually, and also have to give it up for Unpredictable, the one that sets min damage to 0, what even is a good power for that?)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The game's opaque but I'm enjoying it, Eagle Eye owns and I can't imagine ever switching off it (although I guess I will give it up for Vampiristic long enough to clear the Yolo challenge to unlock the Vitality multiplier eventually, and also have to give it up for Unpredictable, the one that sets min damage to 0, what even is a good power for that?)

Happy and rage strength both work well on unpredictable, as do agility powers and telekinesis. Fear strength works great if you have any other strength perk to back it up.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 25, 2020

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DACK FAYDEN posted:

:catstare: how could anyone have ever thought that was a good idea

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

The min damage challenge (dex multi) sucks with Eagle Eyes :(

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

The min damage challenge (dex multi) sucks with Eagle Eyes :(

It's indistinguishable from a normal run with a strength/agility build.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kyrosiris posted:

:catstare: how could anyone have ever thought that was a good idea
No clue but it's in yesterday's update to 1.0.13:
" - changed: undying now has a 0.1% chance to fail'

...right next to " - changed: eagles eyes accuracy multi 20 -> 10"

apparently the best power was twice as good two days ago?!

e: okay, uh, Mind Exchange might be insane too. loving 90% chance for the enemy to attack themselves? That's absurd!

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 25, 2020

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Idleon:

Will you be able to change your subclasses later? I have 2 warriors with enough levels to get to the subclass but it feels dumb to pick two barbarians? Should I pick the other one even though it says it's non-functional simply because I won't be able to change it later?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Two things:

1) Allegedly there will be no way to switch subclasses, but there will be a way to completely reset a character (i.e. send them back to a Level 1 Beginner).
2) The non-functional subclasses aren't completely non-functional; their family bonus still functions as normal, and they have exactly one talent available: the talent that gives you an additional talent point in your main class.

So basically, you'll be able to redo your character later at a cost, but also you still have a pretty functional character if you decide to pick a "non-functional" subclass.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

please knock Mom! posted:

Idleon is fine if you’re not in a rush to get ahead. It’s not really an incremental game with twelve kinds of exponential growth, though. It’s just steady progress with fun sprite art.
Yeah I'd be fine with that if the game didn't AFK when I had another browser tab open or if the game's AFK earnings weren't a fraction of non-AFK. That's where I feel like the balance is bad enough to put me off: The already slow game is made even slower if I don't pay attention to it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

look just lol if you don't have 5 different chrome windows (not tabs, WINDOWS) open, one for each idle game you play

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

what do you mean i can't have multiple ascendedx9 pendants equipped?!?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

look just lol if you don't have 5 different chrome windows (not tabs, WINDOWS) open, one for each idle game you play

This but unironically.

My big problem with idleon, and maybe it's just me, is that it inevitably crashes something in my video driver after I leave it open for awhile. The computer will still work I just have to refresh all my tabs/games, but if I try to go and play any modern games which use my graphics card (not like some 2d indie stuff or w/e) then they crash out because whatever underlying process is still busted!

This only happens when I keep idleon open which is quite odd.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Arzaac posted:

2) The non-functional subclasses aren't completely non-functional; their family bonus still functions as normal, and they have exactly one talent available: the talent that gives you an additional talent point in your main class.

In the case of Warrior and Mage, picking a non-implemented subclass will actually be the exact same experience as picking the Barbarian or Shaman. The main build for both focuses almost solely on that exact talent.

Idleon reminds me of an MMO in the sense that progression seems purposely throttled to distract you from the fact that the end game isn't ready yet.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

It's indistinguishable from a normal run with a strength/agility build.

As in using 1000% str/agi supers?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

As in using 1000% str/agi supers?

Yeah, and strength based powers like telekinesis. When your max damage is in the millions your min damage doesn't mean a whole lot.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Malt posted:

In the case of Warrior and Mage, picking a non-implemented subclass will actually be the exact same experience as picking the Barbarian or Shaman. The main build for both focuses almost solely on that exact talent.

There's the minor difference of not having the actives (which does affect afk gain), but yeah, basically.

Though I will say that even at the state the game's in now, the shaman talent that boosts damage based on green vials can be very worthwhile once you've built up vials a bit. Barbarians...don't really have anything like that. Their % damage for every 100000 kills is completely infeasible at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah, and strength based powers like telekinesis. When your max damage is in the millions your min damage doesn't mean a whole lot.
How does damage calc work, btw? It doesn't seem to be uniform over the [min, max] range but maybe it is, I haven't paid very close attention.