Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yeah, I mean modular sets that connect and build on each other like the current city modular ones just with Christmas/Halloween theme instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

LEGO friends, let me remind you all of rule 14 of the DIY rules:

corgski posted:

14. Please keep politics out of DIY & Hobbies. Many of us use our hobbies and houses as an escape. There's plenty of room for political stuff in D&D and CSPAM-let's save DIY & Hobbies for shitposting about our collapsing nightmareLEGO houses.

Thank you for your cooperation and happy LEGO-ing!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Are the manuals for older sets available online somewhere?

I have an approx early 90's biker store/repair shop that I picked up as a kid on a lawn sale. It's currently in my old childhood generic-lego-ton but I remember the colours where slightly off from the at that time used yellow.

I kinda wanna see how much of it I can restore.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Zedd posted:

Are the manuals for older sets available online somewhere?

I have an approx early 90's biker store/repair shop that I picked up as a kid on a lawn sale. It's currently in my old childhood generic-lego-ton but I remember the colours where slightly off from the at that time used yellow.

I kinda wanna see how much of it I can restore.

Almost all of the instructions are online. Just google "Lego %setNumber% instructions" and you should find multiple options for it. I've made plenty of sets that way. The instructions are online are harder for me to read than in person ones, but if there's no other option I suffer it.

Kaiser Schnitzel, thanks. I come here to get away from politics. It's pretty easy to say "I'm probably not going to get a police modular because I don't care for the police" and leave it at that. Same reason I wouldn't get a sports modular, I don't watch any sports and wouldn't want that in my house on display. There are 15 modulars out there. You don't need to own every one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Earth posted:

Kaiser Schnitzel, thanks. I come here to get away from politics. It's pretty easy to say "I'm probably not going to get a police modular because I don't care for the police" and leave it at that. Same reason I wouldn't get a sports modular, I don't watch any sports and wouldn't want that in my house on display. There are 15 modulars out there. You don't need to own every one.

This is sounding kinda political, maybe you should post it in D&D instead!

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Earth posted:

xzzy posted:

This is sounding kinda political, maybe you should post it in D&D instead!
Let's draw a line under this and move on so I don't have to push any buttons, thanks!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yeah, I mean modular sets that connect and build on each other like the current city modular ones just with Christmas/Halloween theme instead.

I think the idea with the winter village is the pieces are a bit more free-form so you can create displays a bit more easily? With the city/creator export modulars they need to be a certain scale/size to work well, and that might be harder to achieve with Christmas themed sets?

For what it's worth, one of the chinese new year sets this year is designed to attach to the existing modulars.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Moving on and in the spirit of the holidays I’m offering to send some used parts to a good home. My last bulk buy netted me some stuff I’ll never use so let’s see if any of you can put them to good use.

There’s three themes here soccer, train and space port so pick a theme you need parts for. Some are more worn than others and the white pieces may need an oxyclean / peroxide bath but if you don’t care about that they’re yours. I pulled the particularly unique parts for each set, not any basic bricks or plates.

4560 Railway Express https://brickset.com/sets/4560-1/Railway-Express

Seem to be a mix of parts from this SpacePort theme
https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Town/subtheme-Space-Port

Soccer parts

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

tomapot posted:

Moving on and in the spirit of the holidays I’m offering to send some used parts to a good home. My last bulk buy netted me some stuff I’ll never use so let’s see if any of you can put them to good use.

There’s three themes here soccer, train and space port so pick a theme you need parts for. Some are more worn than others and the white pieces may need an oxyclean / peroxide bath but if you don’t care about that they’re yours. I pulled the particularly unique parts for each set, not any basic bricks or plates.

4560 Railway Express https://brickset.com/sets/4560-1/Railway-Express

Seem to be a mix of parts from this SpacePort theme
https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Town/subtheme-Space-Port

Soccer parts

That train stuff is pretty neato.....

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Those space parts came from set 6456.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

The_Doctor posted:

I assume he’s just got together with someone a lot like his mother.

What if he's a single dad and he's bringing grandma along for the camping trip, HUH?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

tuo posted:

That looks really awesome! Did you use a lighting kit or made it yourself?

3 six packs of lego-brick LEDs. (A 1x4 plate each). Got 3 packs (18 lights total) for 35 bucks. From Amazon. Each pack terminates in a USB and comes with a remote but one remote rules them all.

It also has variable flicker modes. (Put your sound on, I did good... but it’s just lucky syncing, there’s no sound integration...)

https://vimeo.com/483602115

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Feenix posted:

3 six packs of lego-brick LEDs. (A 1x4 plate each). Got 3 packs (18 lights total) for 35 bucks. From Amazon. Each pack terminates in a USB and comes with a remote but one remote rules them all.

It also has variable flicker modes. (Put your sound on, I did good... but it’s just lucky syncing, there’s no sound integration...)

That’s awesome

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lego put out a teaser for the modular. It's big, at rumored $200 it ought to be.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIBKY4uJQVc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

As always I apologize for all the pictures, I do indulge myself:

Also apologies from myself over the past twenty years for my cloudy-rear end transparent green canopy

Mecha party!!!

TRIPLE MISSILE LAUNCHER

QUAD CANNON! or something idk

MASER weapon/Pew-pew-pewer!

This guy why not

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Scipiotik posted:

Lego put out a teaser for the modular. It's big, at rumored $200 it ought to be.

Considering I've just spent ~$600 on Lego in the last few months for Christmas I do hope I don't like it because that would be nice for my wallet. I was super happy when I didn't like the corner garage because that's money saved!

Thanksgiving break is for me to work on going through Lego. We're wanting to finish our basement and Lego lives in the basement so I need to clear things out.

Here's my pile of Lego from when I moved:

Everything you see there is Lego. That was before the first purge. Hoping Thanksgiving will be the second purge and Christmas will be the third. I'm going to have to reopen my BrickLink store for the opened sets. I'm not a huge fan of selling opened sets on eBay.

Brawnfire, nice Mech-Warrior dick on that build.

EDIT: Sorry, the red tub in the lower right is not Lego. Don't want to be dishonest.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Already loved it but when we find out it's a guy with a soul patch driving it that's when this thing really takes off.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Natch to match the mecha-butt

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Spookydonut posted:

What if he's a single dad and he's bringing grandma along for the camping trip, HUH?

Grandma's looking pretty good for her age.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Earth posted:

Considering I've just spent ~$600 on Lego in the last few months for Christmas I do hope I don't like it because that would be nice for my wallet. I was super happy when I didn't like the corner garage because that's money saved!

Thanksgiving break is for me to work on going through Lego. We're wanting to finish our basement and Lego lives in the basement so I need to clear things out.

Here's my pile of Lego from when I moved:

Everything you see there is Lego. That was before the first purge. Hoping Thanksgiving will be the second purge and Christmas will be the third. I'm going to have to reopen my BrickLink store for the opened sets. I'm not a huge fan of selling opened sets on eBay.

Brawnfire, nice Mech-Warrior dick on that build.

EDIT: Sorry, the red tub in the lower right is not Lego. Don't want to be dishonest.

Find a children’s hospital in your area and make their entire year. You’ll be smiling all through 2021.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Edit: Nvm looks like a mod finally put an end to the d&d leak

Scipiotik posted:

I love these "heres a black shape to get you excited!" leaks. I'm hopeful the station is a cool set. I only have a few of the modulars so it'd be nice to get another one.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 25, 2020

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dec. calendar is out. No double vip listed, but first two weeks have the ice skating GWP at $150. Kinda sucks to have to go that high this year for the xmas gifts but whatever, everything is still sold out or out of stock, anyway.

Can you call a store and do a purchase over the phone and then go pick up?

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Store I went to did that. That was the only way they were letting people buy things because of state restrictions

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Still a work in progress, but super pleased with the Akro-Mills storage bins. Finding anything takes seconds. This is mostly what I kept from the bulk lots I bought in the last few months. I'll be sorting 'my' Lego over the course of the winter, and hopefully paring it down to just the stuff I care about, and setting myself up to rapidly process bulk lots into a huge, free Space collection.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

davebo posted:

My wife enjoyed the holiday train so much she told me she went to eBay and bought Santa's workshop. Well gosh that's nice I thought. Except it turns out she paid $250. I found a knock-off for $25. Seems like a huge waste of money when she doesn't care about collecting or resale value. I do hate to support Chinese knockoffs. What do you all usually do when there's a retired set you want? Just buy all the legit pieces individually from bricklink? Does that end up being much cheaper than eBay prices?

I just buy the bootlego. It’s surprisingly really good and mixes well with lego, and the modulars look great for a fraction of the used prices. Plus there’s a lot of really good sets, like this holiday train or this holiday house I really want

Feenix posted:

That is absolutely fantastic... My brain was totally convinced you had sound syncing and I was about to ask how you did that :aaaaa:

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
This UCS MF is huge!

This is after bag 6 completion. Couldn't resist putting it on the stand to "test fit" it where I'm gonna put it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Somebody on reddit bought the UCS Falcon entirely with VIP points. :stare:
https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/k10xks/ucs_millennium_falcon_purchase_using_only_my_vip/

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

OSU_Matthew posted:

I just buy the bootlego. It’s surprisingly really good and mixes well with lego, and the modulars look great for a fraction of the used prices. Plus there’s a lot of really good sets, like this holiday train or this holiday house I really want

I think I saw that train on aliexpress back when I was looking and thought it was a bootleg of the lego holiday train, but now that we built it I realize how different it is, and that thing comes with a fogger and speaker? Definitely interesting.

I had the space monorail as a kid but my sister had the regular train, and I remember the tracks were spiky, like they had notches in them for traction, and each side of the track joined independently to 8x2 grey bricks. The ones that came with this one are just smooth and are permanently molded to 8x2 sized bricks. My question is when did that shift occur, or are there two types of train tracks going simultaneously now?

I'm interested in that Harry Potter train, not because I care about Harry Potter, I just like that old style of train and it doesn't seem expensive right now. I assume since it's current that it'd work with these smooth tracks I have. Come to think of it, the expansion pack of tracks I had ordered from China haven't come yet, and I'm just assuming those are smooth too. Geez I hope so.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
That change happened ages ago, like late 80s. After that train system was retired, in the 90s there was metal train track that the power went through so you didn't need to put motors on the trains themselves. After that came the current smooth plastic track.

The Harry Potter train works just fine on the current tracks and you can even motorise it. The knockoffs should be compatible, I even know people who have bought knockoff track as some companies produce types of track parts that Lego doesn't make.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

OSU_Matthew posted:

Looking through yourwobb.com for weird/interesting knock-off sets led me to this beautiful mess.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Chairchucker posted:

Grandma's looking pretty good for her age.

Teen pregnancy x2, the parents and the kid, grandma is like 40.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Looking through yourwobb.com for weird/interesting knock-off sets led me to this beautiful mess.
Lmao

I bought the ersatz Detective's Office from yourwobb, my transaction was secure and the shipping was quick- I would order more if I had the patience for the bricks which are visually fine but not quite up to Lego standards clutch-wise

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Zonko_T.M. posted:

lmao.

Warning: can not eat

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Zonko_T.M. posted:

That's amazing.

I'm on a collecting lego Statues of Liberty kick and since the first big one is $Texas, I'm thinking I'll do a color swap of it with something absurd. Maybe it'll end up like this.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Dinsey princess death star? Yeah, okay. I'll take one.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Hell yeah, I'm just preparing another order from YourWobb anyway, and I totally know who gets that Not-Disney-Princess-Deathstar :)

e: I also decided to drop doing ISDs for a moment and decided to start on the Cavegod UCS Sandcrawler MoC. What could possibly go wrong with my sanity?

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Here's a very detailed review of the Princess Star https://customizeminifiguresintelligence.wordpress.com/2020/11/17/reviews-of-dinggao-6566-princess-star-remodel-of-lego-75159-death-star/ they kept the trash compactor, and suggest a rubber mallet to help the plates go together

MarxCarl fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 26, 2020

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
In conclusion,

quote:

The Princess Star for little girls, the Death Star for never grow up daddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Lmao that is hilarious.... it’s not enough to poke in the eye of one vigorously enforced trademark, may as well go for bingo.

Just finished putting together the Emerald Night train for the christmas tree... going to see if I can adapt the 9v train carriage to the RC platform by powering the coal tender car :q: