Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

MarcusSA posted:

It’s on game pass which you can get your first month for $1.

It’s ok? I’m glad I didn’t pay for it though.

Are you sure? I'm not seeing it on the PC gamepass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DatonKallandor posted:

Are you sure? I'm not seeing it on the PC gamepass.

You probably need to download the EA play app from game pass first. It should be in there along with all the other EA stuff.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

What's the consensus on Streets of Rogue for :10bux:? Seems like the sort of game that could be really interesting, but also one where the systems combine in really annoying ways.

They don't combine in annoying ways, they combine in incredibly destructive and chaotic ways. It is a game with a large toolbox and a lot of systems that often result in chaos. The comparison to Deus Ex is apt, because while each character type leans into certain approaches (a Soldier is just going to go around shooting their problems and creating new ones; a Hacker will subvert security systems and sneak by in the confusion; etc), you can definitely improvise solutions with the many items and perks you accumulate in any given run, plus the eventual system mastery. You can definitely be sure if it gels with you within the two hour refund window.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

You probably need to download the EA play app from game pass first. It should be in there along with all the other EA stuff.

i don't think this has happened yet for PC

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i don't think this has happened yet for PC

Ah yeah you are right. December.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

HopperUK posted:

I'm pretty sure you can nominate a game in more than one category by typing it in. I put Hades for about four things.

Try checking your nominations again. If you nominate something you've already nominated it clears the previous category.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

eleven extra elephants posted:

No Mans Sky or Satisfactory?

They're both about hours of nonstop grinding on alien planets, but only one of them lets you roleplay as the Once-ler.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
If people are up for posting their shopping carts for the sale I’m curious what people are picking up! I got Hitman 2 so far but undecided on what else to get.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I got Persona 4 so they can go ahead and announce the Switch release now.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

So what's up with Dying Light: Hellraid? I was going through my wishlist and noticed it was Mostly Negative, what's the problems with it?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im gonna get the talos principle and road to whatever dlc at 90% off. not sure about anything else yet

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I think this is all I’m gonna get for now.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm kinda tempted to pick up a Ys game or two considering that most of the older titles are like $5 right now.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Commander Keene posted:

I'm kinda tempted to pick up a Ys game or two considering that most of the older titles are like $5 right now.

Ys Origin kicks rear end. Oath in Felghana is great too. I hear that the port of Ys 8 actually got completely overhauled and is good now, but I’ve never played that one.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

To set myself up for this month's Forum Game Club, I bought a bunch of adventure games (and Hades). I already owned The Shivah so I wanted to expand my Wadjet Eye collection...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anonymous Robot posted:

I hear that the port of Ys 8 actually got completely overhauled and is good now, but I’ve never played that one.

It did and it is. Ys VIII is one of my favorite Yseses but it's not on sale.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

any thoughts on Straimium Immortaly and spirits abyss?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hwurmp posted:

It did and it is. Ys VIII is one of my favorite Yseses but it's not on sale.

Origins is still the only Ys I have played, but I remember Ys 8 looked compelling if not for the buggy jank

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh although it's a bit too advanced for the club theme, how is Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter? That one is only 2 bucks

J
Jun 10, 2001

ZearothK posted:

They don't combine in annoying ways, they combine in incredibly destructive and chaotic ways. It is a game with a large toolbox and a lot of systems that often result in chaos. The comparison to Deus Ex is apt, because while each character type leans into certain approaches (a Soldier is just going to go around shooting their problems and creating new ones; a Hacker will subvert security systems and sneak by in the confusion; etc), you can definitely improvise solutions with the many items and perks you accumulate in any given run, plus the eventual system mastery. You can definitely be sure if it gels with you within the two hour refund window.

I bounced off it too but maybe I didn't give it enough time to unlock some more stuff? I always felt like my only options were to start punching/shooting on every level. But I never got good enough to make it very far so maybe I just didn't give it enough time to see more of the tools available.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Grabbed Persona 4 because I’ve never played that series and I want to encourage Sega/Atlus to keep up the ports.

Also bought Mega Man Zero Collection but I’m really not feeling it. I guess I just don’t care about Mega Man anymore, outside of a few X games. Refunded.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

J posted:

I bounced off it too but maybe I didn't give it enough time to unlock some more stuff? I always felt like my only options were to start punching/shooting on every level. But I never got good enough to make it very far so maybe I just didn't give it enough time to see more of the tools available.

Item unlocks are good, but character unlocks are king. Fortunately they don't rely on you having to win runs, just completing slightly obtuse tasks mid-run. I seem to recall the gorilla being a pretty easy early unlock who's a great powerhouse to play as.

bees x1000 posted:

Also bought Mega Man Zero Collection but I’m really not feeling it. I guess I just don’t care about Mega Man anymore, outside of a few X games. Refunded.

To be fair the Zero series starts off kinda rough and improves with each instalment. At least, up until ZX and ZXA. I'm... not sure quite what those games were.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 26, 2020

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

To set myself up for this month's Forum Game Club, I bought a bunch of adventure games (and Hades). I already owned The Shivah so I wanted to expand my Wadjet Eye collection...

Fran Bow is such a neat game but I couldn't deal with all the animal mutilation pictures :(

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
nuts, was hoping for spiritfarer to get discounted

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

i can speedrun putt putt saves the zoo. i worked in a library growing up and it was one of the games we had on the computers for kids to play. i will never, ever forget the "putt putt you got ta save the zoo!" song

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh although it's a bit too advanced for the club theme, how is Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter? That one is only 2 bucks
a step down from crimes & punishments but not bad. certainly better than, say, last testament of sherlock

the point n clickys i'm looking at are gibbous, guard duty, lamplight city and the old star trek games. also rivals but that probably won't go on sale

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

is there a way to recommend a game so it affects its review score without actually writing a review for it?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

nope, you'll just have to thumbs-up those hentai games like everyone else

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You can just thumbs up it and hit post.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

bus hustler posted:

i can speedrun putt putt saves the zoo. i worked in a library growing up and it was one of the games we had on the computers for kids to play. i will never, ever forget the "putt putt you got ta save the zoo!" song

The only thing I remember clearly from the Humongous Entertainment games is the one Pajama Sam game where you get the abridged lesson on table manners from the celery lady. "DO NOT DRAW ON, POKE HOLES IN, OR SET FIRE TO THE TABLECLOTH. STANDING ON THE TABLE DURING MEALS IS NOT PERMITTED. EAT ALL THE FOOD ON YOUR PLATE AND DO IT IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER."

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
One point and click adventure I really enjoyed recently was Whispers of a Machine and it's only $5 at the moment.

Thinking about grabbing the Battletech DLC. I got stuck on a story mission at release and stopped playing, but I enjoyed the game for what it was, I just didn't really know how to build effective mechs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Harry Lime posted:

I played through Fallen Order twice on my 970, once with an i5-2500k and the second time with a R7 3700x. With the i5 I did have a couple of crashes and some noticeable FPS drops, those went away almost entirely with the 3700x so it might depend more on how old your CPU is in terms of playability. Also as a grain of salt I'm not someone who finds things not being locked at 60fps unplayable and am generally happy with at least 30.

My processor is an i5-4460 quad (I think, i can't remember but it shows 4 processers in the system info) so combined with the 970 sounds like i could handle it, but I don't want to be like I was with RDR2 and have to set the graphics to PS2 mode to get to be playable. This is why I am hesitant to just save my money and buy Cyberpunk next month. But I guess it depends on how much it is on ps4, because i know i won't have the same worries on there.

So what about Hardspace Shipbreaker? It kind of makes me think of House Flipper in space, but there has to be more to that. It's got real good reviews.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

You can just thumbs up it and hit post.

if I do that I get this

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

if I do that I get this

Just do one of those one-word or joke reviews. I wrote a dumb joke for yakuza 7 and got a buttload of steam points so anything goes really

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

My processor is an i5-4460 quad (I think, i can't remember but it shows 4 processers in the system info) so combined with the 970 sounds like i could handle it, but I don't want to be like I was with RDR2 and have to set the graphics to PS2 mode to get to be playable. This is why I am hesitant to just save my money and buy Cyberpunk next month. But I guess it depends on how much it is on ps4, because i know i won't have the same worries on there.

FWIW I ran it fine on a 970 and i5-4590 quad, which I don't think is that much of a step up from your machine.

Shipbreaker is a chill game where you disassemble space ships. I think what sets it apart from house flipper or other games like it is disassembling ships while handling the various hazards that comes with disassembling ships: electricity, explosive decompression, reactor cores melting down, coolant leaks. Now that is a game that did tax my system, so be weary. Pretty fun though, and deeply satisfying when you manage to peel apart the hull of a ship and all of its components go flying into the proper directions.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 26, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dreylad posted:

One point and click adventure I really enjoyed recently was Whispers of a Machine and it's only $5 at the moment.

Oh that looks neat and it reminded me I wanted to check out Kathy Rain as well...

But i stopped myself because Kathy Rain is on gamepass! I mentioned this in another thread but I am at the point where I need to somehow cross-reference Gamepass and Humble Bundle offerings with steam before making a purchase, it's getting unwieldy...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dreylad posted:

FWIW I ran it fine on a 970 and i5-4590 quad, which I don't think is that much of a step up from your machine.

Shipbreaker is a chill game where you disassemble space ships. I think what sets it apart from house flipper or other games like it is disassembling ships while handling the various hazards that comes with disassembling ships: electricity, explosive decompression, reactor cores melting down, coolant leaks. Now that is a game that did tax my system, so be weary. Pretty fun though, and deeply satisfying when you manage to peel apart the hull of a ship and all of its components go flying into the proper directions.

Cool, I'll still wait to see what they're selling the PS4 version for, but if its 30bux or more i'll grab it for PC.

That sounds good, but yea I don't want anything that's going to put my system through the ringer. I'm probably best just grabbing hades for now.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

if I do that I get this

All Hobocops are bad but this game is amazing. That's my review.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 26, 2020

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

if I do that I get this

huh, that's new.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

any thoughts on Straimium Immortaly and spirits abyss?

Both are really cool as little budget roguelite experiences. Straimium is a top down, bullet hell kind of thing, and Spirits Abyss is a platformer where you carefully descend through a level and can use bombs and deform the terrain and stuff. It's also stuffed with some weird content, with multiple modes and characters and even a collectible card battle game. It probably won't be your next Enter The Gungeon or Dead Cells or whatever polished roguelites you've enjoyed in the past, but for $5 it's a fun and weird trip. I'd go with the latter if I was choosing only one, I think it's still getting content updates too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm thinking of picking up Persona 4. I've never played a Persona game before and heard great things about this one. Checking a few reviews, it appears to be a mix of dungeons and slice of life. A few reviewers thought the dungeons were a on the weaker side but the town gameplay was really well done. What's the split there? If it's heavy on the dungeon side I'll probably pass.