Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
I like to use the Blue Star gear to work with -89, the sp regen on that suit really helps with the huge amount of damage that you take.

I also don't remember -70 being that bad to deal with the one time I got careless and let it breach, but I guess I might just have gotten lucky or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Welcome thread to that abnormality for me. -74 was my very first ever WAW abno and my god, gently caress that thing. When you barely have a facility and understanding of the core of the game, poking -74 to figure out how to work it was a nightmare. It is the first abno to earn the honor of making me breakdown and look up its gimmick.

Of course this is the Lob Corp LP, so TeeQueue will acquire all its PE boxes and get all it's gear while dealing with a suppression at the same time.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
-70 is one I'm fond of for validating the use of many otherwise pointless tools.

Edit: -89 is the one I'm thinking of, not -70.

Keldulas fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 24, 2020

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
So Binah killed so many people that their suffering turned into a sentient radio frequency and then the actual bodies fused into a horrible monster. Why did they put this murderous psychopath in charge of whatever Extraction is meant to be?
Also the no longer implied revelation that everyone is stuck in a horrible time loop for a reason no one actually knows about right now is horrifying and entirely to be expected. The fact that it’s entirely possible that no one even remembers the point of the time loop through is 100% :lobcorp:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the Orb of Zot posted:

Why did they put this murderous psychopath in charge of whatever Extraction is meant to be?

Depending on what and how they're extracting stuff that could be an advantage.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

hobbesmaster posted:

Depending on what and how they're extracting stuff that could be an advantage.

Considering Angela and A this is all probably a huge bonus for them.

An Arbiter barged in and started killing everyone, and out of it they get several Sephirah and Abnormalities.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

the Orb of Zot posted:

So Binah killed so many people that their suffering turned into a sentient radio frequency and then the actual bodies fused into a horrible monster. Why did they put this murderous psychopath in charge of whatever Extraction is meant to be?
Also the no longer implied revelation that everyone is stuck in a horrible time loop for a reason no one actually knows about right now is horrifying and entirely to be expected. The fact that it’s entirely possible that no one even remembers the point of the time loop through is 100% :lobcorp:

I don't think the Mountain is necessarily due to Binah - as the description says, sometimes in Lobcorp a whole department or two just happen to die, it's not rare or anything. :lobcorp:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hah, I got -89 as my first aleph in my game and it's the only point I had to do a memory repository rewind because I had absolutely nobody who could handle working it without panicking and if it got out nobody could suppress it either, so if a meltdown ever hit it that was basically "well I guess I'm restarting the day". I do hope it comes up again because I'd like to see what it actually does (I couldn't even unlock anything about it).

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Talow is Bishop's dad, isn't he.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Bishop is Bishop's dad.

Look, time travel makes things complicated sometimes ok?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Suppressing Nothing There usually for me comes down to calling the rabbits and marvelling at their 50% casualty rate.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I've got TeeQueue's script, I did it by hacking, and It says here that Bishop's dad is...

Malkuth? That can't be right.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
My favorite story bit this update is the revelation that Mizu is already somehow involved with Extraction.

Because obviously she would be :allears:

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Hah, I got -89 as my first aleph in my game and it's the only point I had to do a memory repository rewind because I had absolutely nobody who could handle working it without panicking and if it got out nobody could suppress it either, so if a meltdown ever hit it that was basically "well I guess I'm restarting the day". I do hope it comes up again because I'd like to see what it actually does (I couldn't even unlock anything about it).

Same here. -89 is certainly an extremely memorable first aleph :v:

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I do hope it comes up again because I'd like to see what it actually does (I couldn't even unlock anything about it).

Well you see what -89 does is ###########. Usually it just sticks to ###########, but if you #### up then it'll absolutely ###### your whole suppression team with it's #######################.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Bishop is Bishop's dad.

Look, time travel makes things complicated sometimes ok?

He knows where he came from, but where did All You Zombies come from?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I don't understand why -89 doesn't have an ego suit. Is it because of the ######### or the #########################? Regardless, the abnormality design would make for a standout ego suit for fashion.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

golden bubble posted:

I don't understand why -89 doesn't have an ego suit. Is it because of the ######### or the #########################? Regardless, the abnormality design would make for a standout ego suit for fashion.

There's a mod for that, actually. One that gives all the abnos with only one equip or another a second one in the other category. So 1.76 mhz gets a guncannon as well, for example.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Qrr posted:

He knows where he came from, but where did All You Zombies come from?

You. I like you.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Do we know what Extraction as a department actually does yet? Or is it just EGO equipment manufacturing?
Which is probably why it’s headed by Binah; that is almost certainly going to be a process where optimal working conditions require the head of the department to be someone with absolutely no morals or standards.

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 25, 2020

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
The Extraction department extracts.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

the Orb of Zot posted:

Do we know what Extraction as a department actually does yet? Or is it just EGO equipment manufacturing?
Which is probably why it’s headed by Binah; that is almost certainly going to be a process where optimal working conditions require the head of the department to be someone with absolutely no morals or standards.

Malkuth's in Control though?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Malkuth's in Control though?

Nonsense. Malkuth has the highest of standards, and she only accepts agents who do their best in Control.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
-74 was one of the last abnormalities I rolled, but I was never sure that the instant kill wouldn't trigger, at least not the way I used it. It's very finicky and honestly I can't see why it would be useful for training. You have to be more careful with it than I was for it to be a reliable trainer. If it weren't for the gear, I would pick -70 instead with no hesitation. Thankfully I'm resetting more than you so I can have both.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 25, 2020

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016
Don’t understand the hate for Binah. As attached as I am to these characters, they are all objectively horrible people who were at LEAST witting accessories to things like turning a dad into a monster and letting him murder his own family, turning children into research experiments, and... Whatever... Dreaming Current is. If I were a superpowered enforcer sent to annihilate the place and everything in it, I would take GREAT pleasure in it, as well. They’re all monsters, they deserve worse than being turned into box-bots, and even if I’m rooting for them, I perfectly understand why Binah is such a colossal jerkface.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Suppressing Nothing There usually for me comes down to calling the rabbits and marvelling at their 50% casualty rate.

Depends on what department it is in, and whether you first eliminate the clerks. If the rabbits can’t focus fire in time, Nothing There has a chance of beating them, especially if they’re mainly attacking from one side of it.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Mecha_Face posted:

Don’t understand the hate for Binah. As attached as I am to these characters, they are all objectively horrible people who were at LEAST witting accessories to things like turning a dad into a monster and letting him murder his own family, turning children into research experiments, and... Whatever... Dreaming Current is. If I were a superpowered enforcer sent to annihilate the place and everything in it, I would take GREAT pleasure in it, as well. They’re all monsters, they deserve worse than being turned into box-bots, and even if I’m rooting for them, I perfectly understand why Binah is such a colossal jerkface.

But they did it for the greater good! That counts, right?

Jokes aside, I believe, this place turned in such shithole only after Carmen death and Head raid: A grew desperate, resorted to boxbots, memory erasure, violation of every law, horrific experimentations and Angela. Before that there would probably be more morally ambiguous actions: experimentation on sentenced to death, aka D-class, terminally ill, giving compensation to family (which for people in Outskirts would be probably like a fortune) of experimental subjects and so on.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

MiiNiPaa posted:

But they did it for the greater good! That counts, right?

Jokes aside, I believe, this place turned in such shithole only after Carmen death and Head raid: A grew desperate, resorted to boxbots, memory erasure, violation of every law, horrific experimentations and Angela. Before that there would probably be more morally ambiguous actions: experimentation on sentenced to death, aka D-class, terminally ill, giving compensation to family (which for people in Outskirts would be probably like a fortune) of experimental subjects and so on.

Enoch literally died in awful experiments before Carmen though? Lisa yells at her about it too

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

CHiRAL posted:

Enoch literally died in awful experiments before Carmen though? Lisa yells at her about it too

He repeatedly asked to be experimented upon:

Day 31 story posted:

Lisa: Enoch, why do you keep trying to participate in those weird experiments?
[...]
Enoch: There are children abandoned in the Outskirts who are dying every day.
Enoch: We were only able to live on thanks to an unexpected turn of events. Settling for simple comfort in this place is not what I was born to do. And it shouldn’t be, either.

Day 35 story posted:

A: However, the boy started to show interest in our experiment. I saw it in his eyes.
A: He had already seen and experienced so much of this world's desspair and misfortune; his eyes no longer looked like those of a child.
A: “Please allow me to participate in the experiment,” he said. Carmen spent many nights thinking about his earnest request.

And Carmen was shaken by his death:

Day 35 story posted:

Carmen: Yeah… I— I should have died…
A: I knew Carmen’s answer was sincere. Ever since that day, her wound quietly deepened.

Without Carmen A lost sight of the original goal:

Day 32 story posted:

Angela: A lot of things happened, and a lot of things changed. A changed himself from a healer to a creator. The old promises he had made with her sustained him evanescently, but in a world without her, they ultimately became obsolete. Various sins sprung up from his arrogance, one by one.
Angela: And A changed, very slowly.
Angela: He became enchanted by the shadows he had created. The plan to discover the disease of mankind became a relic of the past. He became skeptical of man, including himself. A started looking for something that would guide him without turning against him. The conclusion was very simple.
Angela: While the vile humans could not be trusted...
Angela: The answer lay in machines. Machines, which A loathed deeply, became essential to him. Perhaps A wanted to have Wings that would allow him to escape from the hellish inferno he had trapped himself in, to reach the heavens.
Angela: Angelos.
Angela: That was how I was born.

And it implies that Sefirot were created way later. In this case there is a question of where did A get stuff to put inside those robots. Maybe he put corpses of everyone who died in a freezer, and reused them later, I don't know.

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

I'm gonna say, dreaming current IS the toddler from the story, "wa! I'm a shark! I can swim anywhere!"

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Don't worry. The kid went on to have a great life as a V-tuber.

look I can dream of happy endings OK

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Quackles posted:

This is now my personal headcanon.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Lobotomy Corporation is 60% off on Steam until December 1.

sorcrane
Jul 30, 2017

Birds with beautiful wings! Gather on the battlefield and take flight!
Congratulations on the new position, Mizu! You're moving down up in the world! :golfclap:

Don't go forgetting the other cuties, okay?

Click here for the full 1189x800 image

(thumbnailing for blood and Mizu-typical violence)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Quackles posted:

That's clearly A, though???

sorcrane posted:

Congratulations on the new position, Mizu! You're moving down up in the world! :golfclap:

Wow, that's excellent!

Alex0080
May 3, 2013

Theantero posted:

That's clearly A, though???

Common misconception, the shark's name is spelled a.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

sorcrane posted:

:aaa::five:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

MiiNiPaa posted:

He repeatedly asked to be experimented upon:

And Carmen was shaken by his death:

Without Carmen A lost sight of the original goal:

And it implies that Sefirot were created way later. In this case there is a question of where did A get stuff to put inside those robots. Maybe he put corpses of everyone who died in a freezer, and reused them later, I don't know.

I guess the moral is that kids are stupid and they don't know what's good for them and the moment you cave in to their ridiculous demands is the moment your life takes a turn for the worse. :colbert:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
an elementary schooler cannot in any conceivable sense give informed content for a potentially lethal experimental research procedure, especially in the absence of any medical benefit for that child, holy moly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mizure
Apr 14, 2020

Mizu "Just Mizu" Mizu, reporting for cutie!

sorcrane posted:

:five::five::five::five::five: