Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

checked back to find a seventh nuthatch, although it insisted it was also the sixth

ooc:
the hideout table cell for 7 says "six" on it in what i assume is a typo

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terry Harri

"ooc"? You sound Scottish.

google THIS

Terry I know chickadees eschew responsive design entirely because they're jerks but parts of your site are a little difficult to navigate on mobile

Terry Harri

google THIS posted:

Terry I know chickadees eschew responsive design entirely because they're jerks but parts of your site are a little difficult to navigate on mobile

You are browsing my Internet website on one of those spinning toys for babies?

Unrelated, today feels different. I notice no successes in the thread (I had several success, four, to be exact. Admittedly, they may have been four sighting of the same Nuthatch but it still counts.) A calm has washed over me. I feel like I can relax. Nothing to worry over!

Heather Papps

hello friend

today has been a bust for me. nary a nuthatch, and chickadees abound!
hidden in the eye is the string of characters "GJwoExTPWNc" reversed. i tried it backwards/forwards but neither seemed to work. i'm wondering if there is a cypher applied or something but i dunno

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

biosterous

Heather Papps posted:

today has been a bust for me. nary a nuthatch, and chickadees abound!
hidden in the eye is the string of characters "GJwoExTPWNc" reversed. i tried it backwards/forwards but neither seemed to work. i'm wondering if there is a cypher applied or something but i dunno

some days you just can't manage to see a nuthatch!

haven't solved it either, but have a few thoughts:
1. the skin is ritual.png
2. the eye is user.png
3. the text is di.png, and it's backwards, so it's probably actually "id"
so, user id? something ritual? i tried the userid# for nut, pecan, and terry, and none worked, and since all the passwords i've solved so far have been letters i don't know if i'm even on the right path

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

what a day!
i'm starting to think it may be a url extension? i tried vocaroo and imgur, both forwards and backwards but no luck
e: also tinyurl
double e: motherfucking euraka

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 26, 2020

biosterous

hot drat! just goes to show what good fortune we can get when everyone pitches in!

(i successfully spotted seven nuthatches just now!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

A LATE NIGHT NUTHATCH SUCCESS

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
would have only been funnier if the thing the url led to included "unregistered hypercam 2" in the corner

what a cool website, thanks terry!

magic cactus fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 26, 2020

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Terry Harri

Ugh, I don't know what it is. Maybe the old gout acting up? Something feels wrong again. I didn't see a single Nuthatch today. No successes. Just a handful of chickadees passing by.

Hmph.

Heather Papps

hello friend

terry, you have inspired in all of us a love of nuthatches. your daily watches may not bear fruit, but you are forgetting the countless apples you've left behind you!

biosterous

can you believe there are less than eight days left this month? xmas is creeping up, i hope everyone has success in buying presents for the birdwatchers in their lives!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

i thought i saw a nuthatch, but no confirmed success.
how do i know which day was the actual day? i'm assuming the answer is a d/m/y string but i don't know if it's m/d/y and also, what day to use. is it.... lemme check jfks assassination date and no hmmm.

biosterous

sometimes i get stuck looking for a specific nuthatch - it's important to take in a broader view sometimes

gallery of sigs

he/him

magic cactus

dang, i'm just an amateur birdwatcher, but nuthatches look great, and i'd love to know where I can find one in my area!

I solved seven on my own pretty easily, but that's where I came in on this thread, could a kind fellow member of the resistance birdwatchers club clue me in if eight involves the solutions to the previous puzzles?

biosterous

magic cactus posted:

dang, i'm just an amateur birdwatcher, but nuthatches look great, and i'd love to know where I can find one in my area!

I solved seven on my own pretty easily, but that's where I came in on this thread, could a kind fellow member of the resistance birdwatchers club clue me in if eight involves the solutions to the previous puzzles?

nope, it's a standalone puzzle

y'know i never really thought about nuthatches before this thread and now i look forward to seeing more every day! thank you terry for showing us your website!

gallery of sigs

he/him

magic cactus

biosterous posted:

nope, it's a standalone puzzle

y'know i never really thought about nuthatches before this thread and now i look forward to seeing more every day! thank you terry for showing us your website!

Wow. You can learn so much from birdwatching pros! Thanks for the tip!

Stoner Sloth

had a sudden wild hunch and it led me to successfully spotting number eight nuthatch of the season! it's certainly been quite the month!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

magic cactus

Dang, no successes with the nuthatches, again!

I cut the cake but neither what is written inside nor the solution to seven works. Can I get a hint?

Stoner Sloth

magic cactus posted:

Dang, no successes with the nuthatches, again!

I cut the cake but neither what is written inside nor the solution to seven works. Can I get a hint?

keep trying friend, i believe in you and that you'll find that nuthatch!

there may have been a subtle one hidden in my last poast - but in any case it's a time for folks to be thankful for all the nuthatches they've found!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

magic cactus

Wow, it looks like patience really does pay off! I successfully saw eight nuthatches today!

biosterous

i've seen a big range of nuthatches at once, but i've still not managed to see five at once :smith:

gallery of sigs

he/him

more falafel please

forums poster

successfully guessed where I could spot an eighth nuthatch, but I'm still not exactly sure why it was there?

super sweet best pal

Didn’t see any nuthatches but I heard a flock of geese outside my window as they were migrating south.

Terry Harri

Wow , so happy for you all in finding eight Nuthatches. Wow that's great and awesome.

Maybe have you considered stopping or not looking for Nuthatches?

They're kind of my thing and maybe you could be doing better things with your time.

Thank you in advance for stopping.

biosterous

terry, there are plenty of nuthatches out there for all to see! here in byob we like to share things, like pets, and crimes, but also especially hobbies! don't you think it's better to have lots of new pals who are excited about spotting nuthatches?

incidentally, today was completely struck with awe when i saw nine nuthatches all at once!

gallery of sigs

he/him

more falafel please

forums poster

i also was successful in seeing nine nuthatches today!

what was that all about?

magic cactus

wow successfully spotted nine nuthatches today, nature is amazing!

Stoner Sloth

can you blame us though terri, you introduced us to the fun of nuthatch spotting - it's no wonder folks can't get enough of it

having trouble finding the ninth one, any hints and tips on 'birdwatching' friends?

biosterous

i think at this point there is very very very little advice i could give to help other birdwatchers. like, i don't have any advice coming to mind right now.

gallery of sigs

he/him

more falafel please

forums poster

biosterous posted:

i think at this point there is very very very little advice i could give to help other birdwatchers. like, i don't have any advice coming to mind right now.

I had trouble figuring out what that one was all about.

Terry Harri

No, I hate it. Stop looking for Nuthatches. They have nothing to do with you.

You know what I saw, today? Rain. Cold rain. No Nuthatches. Maybe a chickadee and two Blue Jays.

I had to look for some on YouTube but it's not the same.

Terry Harri

This is another warning. You can't keep this up.

You don't know the first thing about Nuthatches. You're working with scant knowledge while I'm here revolutionizing cyberspace with the newest data available. I'm the World Wide Web's official center for this sort of thing.

more falafel please

forums poster

sucks for you terry, I successfully saw 10 nuthatches today!

i didn't know much about pokemon but one of those is featured in the avatar of a byob poster

biosterous

more falafel please posted:

sucks for you terry, I successfully saw 10 nuthatches today!

i didn't know much about pokemon but one of those is featured in the avatar of a byob poster

wow, that's a same amount of nutchatches that i saw today, what a complete coincidence!

actually the other one is featured in the avatar of another byob poster too!

gallery of sigs

he/him

selan dyin

I also had a lot of success with about 10 different species today

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous posted:

wow, that's a same amount of nutchatches that i saw today, what a complete coincidence!

actually the other one is featured in the avatar of another byob poster too!

i've not done well today or yesterday

i tried mashing the pokemon names up as much as possible but it failed also yesterday is some sorta seinfeld ref and i never watched it help

selan dyin

Heather Papps posted:

:)

To sum it up, the pokedex is a helpful resource

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

Heather Papps posted:

i tried mashing the pokemon names up as much as possible but it failed also yesterday is some sorta seinfeld ref and i never watched it help

i hope you have better birdwatching success, friend! it's great to know that you can count on people to help you out when you need it.

i wish i could come up with a good hint for yesterday but it seems i'm not able to say anything!

i also have not watched seinfeld lol

gallery of sigs

he/him