Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
Godhand (PS2) on the Series X:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz8M43efgas&t=3s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

:siren: Walmart is still adding stock randomly, just got a Series S on the app

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are there any notable games for this or are people just playing old games

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

define 'old'

tetris effect is lit and new and notable

its tetris though so it predates basically every game.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Both systems are brand new and COVID has causes some serious issues that hampered launch software more than is typical for new systems.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Been playing “The Long Dark,” it’s great. Gamepass machine has no notable exclusives but I’m still using it a lot despite having a ps5 and good PC, pretty much purely because of gamepass and couch convenience.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Series X is basically my machine for playing exclusives and og Xbox and 360 era games that never got ported/remastered/remade to PS4. Microsoft spent all last gen buying up studios so I'm certain it'll get actual good exclusives in time. Otherwise I'm gonna spend most of my modern console game time on PS5 at this point.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Yeah I skipped last generation and want to try the Series S as a non-4k streaming media box + Game Pass machine. Sorta old games are fine with me!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Does Yakuza 7 count? Only the Series has a next gen version as for whatever reason the PS5 one is super delayed.

Otherwise I think the only true next gen exclusives on both systems right now are a demo game and a remake of a PS3 title.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
well there are two really buggy ubisoft games in both xbox and ps5 but yeah, for the moment the new xbox is just a super xbox x and the ps5 is a super ps4 pro.

which isn't bad as the later was quite low specs/

Celexi fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Nov 26, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I woulda shipped halo and fixed it later.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The new Series S/X controller is on sale for $40 if anyone needs one. That's a pretty steep discount for a recently released controller (normally $60)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/micros...=0&mpid=1442478

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sending a link for the blue one to my brother and saying "wow this controller sure looks nice" and hoping he'll take the hint for an easy Christmas present.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

Sending a link for the blue one to my brother and saying "wow this controller sure looks nice" and hoping he'll take the hint for an easy Christmas present.

Look at richie rich over here hoping his brother will buy him Sega for christmas

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Barudak posted:

Look at richie rich over here hoping his brother will buy him Sega for christmas

when I was a kid eventually I got a sega for christmas after asking often enough!!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Butt Discussin posted:

Been playing “The Long Dark,” it’s great. Gamepass machine has no notable exclusives but I’m still using it a lot despite having a ps5 and good PC, pretty much purely because of gamepass and couch convenience.

Yeah I'm just playing through all the Game Pass backlog I was playing through on the One X only everything runs a helluva lot smoother. It's more like a big PC upgrade than a new console. ;)

Hope we see more games getting Series X enhanced patches though.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

American McGay posted:

It’s $39 at Walmart

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The Grey posted:

Yes, people are doing it. They are expecting Microsoft to crack down on it soon though.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/11/how-one-developer-is-sneaking-emulators-through-a-hole-in-the-xbox-store/
Well shut my mouth, I naively didn't account for someone straight breaking the rules!

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
I was too impatient to wait for my Series X to arrive so I went ahead and bought dev mode and set up Retroarch on my One S. I wasn't expecting much but some less demanding PS2 games run at full speed. Jaguar emulation was very poor, unfortunately. Switching between dev mode and retail mode really isn't that bad even on a One S. Can't wait to try this all out on more capable hardware.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

If they can get King's Field IV running at full speed (lol it's a very slow game) on a Series S I can finally retire my PS2 slim.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Xbox finally gets a good game, congrats all!

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
My launch day series x order just updated to shipped, my UPS number doesn’t have a delivery date yet but at least it’s coming now.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s great news, maybe mine will ship soon too.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

My buddy just sent me this, anyone know what is going on? These numbers seem pretty impossible to achieve with a $65 basic comcast internet plan.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

two petabytes of data in an hour is pretty impressive imo

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

That's just the power of next gen

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Literally the last 10 or so pages people have only been talking about emulation capabilities. Xbox has no games lol

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Beach Party posted:

My buddy just sent me this, anyone know what is going on? These numbers seem pretty impossible to achieve with a $65 basic comcast internet plan.

Friend had the same thing, dunno how they hosed it up.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That's a pretty fast internet connection imo.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

bradzilla posted:

Literally the last 10 or so pages people have only been talking about emulation capabilities. Xbox has no games lol

gently caress it, good on them for going all in. Next gen is for suckers just gimme the Timesplitters and free my soul i wanna get lost in turok and roll

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Intel&Sebastian posted:

gimme the Timesplitters and free my soul i wanna get lost in turok and roll

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I've got too much of a backlog to get into emulating, but i'm a little worried the apps going to get taken down with the amount of attention its getting at the moment - so i might get the app now.

I want to play me some Powerstone.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saw a few people mention on Reddit that their Microsoft Store orders have shipping notifications now.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

Beach Party posted:

I asked him what comcast says his monthly usage is and it's just under 2TB for the month.. so I don't know. XBox giving some bad numbers or something :shrug:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

You say this when Xbox's main competitor just released their brand new console with a remake of an 11 year old game as their flagship title. Nintendo is going nuts with bringing old games to Switch, Sony was going crazy with remakes/remasters until the huge success of Xbox BC pushed their hand into bringing back BC for their new console (which had everyone hyped about possible improvements to an old game called Bloodborne) and meanwhile other major publishers are re-releasing old games frequently as well.

If there is one defining trait of this industry, it's that people love to play old games. It's also one of the main reasons people praise PC gaming so much as well. People like to pretend they don't care about old games but then Final Fantasy VII Remake gets announced or whatever and suddenly they're going wild for it. I just bought the Tony Hawks 1&2 Remakes and I'm hyped as hell to play them, same with the remaster of 2010's Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. Good games are good games forever. Hell, GTA5 has now been going for three whole console generations and shows no sign of stopping - Rockstar recently announced some new DLC with a heist on an island and it looks fun.

Celexi posted:

well there are two really buggy ubisoft games in both xbox and ps5 but yeah, for the moment the new xbox is just a super xbox x and the ps5 is a super ps4 pro.

What makes this tragic is the insane prices that scalpers are charging as they flood eBay with these consoles. Imagine spending double retail price and then playing the same-old janky Ubisoft game. I'll wait for PS5 to at least have that amazing-looking Ratchet & Clank game and XSX to get Forza Motorsport (I really hope the track list doesn't suck).

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

You say this when Xbox's main competitor just released their brand new console with a remake of an 11 year old game as their flagship title. Nintendo is going nuts with bringing old games to Switch, Sony was going crazy with remakes/remasters until the huge success of Xbox BC pushed their hand into bringing back BC for their new console (which had everyone hyped about possible improvements to an old game called Bloodborne) and meanwhile other major publishers are re-releasing old games frequently as well.

Demon's Souls is not the flagship title lmao

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

bradzilla posted:

Correct. Neither console has a flagship release.

Covid really did screw with a lot of stuff. I don't fault either system right now.

Also to everyone else: Bradzilla is just a ps warrior so you can safely ignore.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BonoMan posted:

Also to everyone else: Bradzilla is just a ps warrior so you can safely ignore.

lol

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

The backward compatability features and game pass is why I bought an X instead of a PS5 and I haven't owned an Xbox since the OG. It's worked out well too with the lack of AAA games, thanks to covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

bradzilla posted:

Well it’s either that or what amounts to a 6 hour expansion pack to an existing game.