Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
ngl, that is pretty clever:

quote:

New to the industry, Bourne has certainly displayed ingenuity. He initially did not have the “clean rooms” required for manufacturing medical products and so commissioned a series of inflatable rooms.

He also paid a manufacturer of bouncy castles and blimps to make him a specially commissioned inflatable structure to unpack and decontaminate incoming supplies, which his lawyers described as a room that was intended to be “comparatively contamination-free” but “not medical-grade sterile”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ronya posted:

ngl, that is pretty clever:

It'd be clever if he managed to make a medical-grade clean room in his back garden like the A Team responding to a pandemic. All he made was cosplay of the scene where the Government takes over the house in ET.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
You can just buy inflatable cleanrooms, those are not particularly novel. Reading between the Graun lines, he just bought those off the shelf

From the description, for the unpacking part, he needed additional clean-but-not-that-clean rooms, presumably somewhere between 'food-grade' and 'medical-grade'. Some ingenuity there is worth appreciating

ronya fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 26, 2020

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

It's going to be a disaster because it's all powered from a set of sockets in his kitchen and the lines are trailing over the sink or something like that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Can't wait to be vaccinated inside a giant sheep that was made for a stag do with comedic sexual intent and blows away when the winter gales start.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A room that is comparatively contamination free but not medical grade sterile is just a room that you haven't shat in recently.

I also doubt that a bouncy castle manufacturer would actually have agreed to guarantee any cleanliness properties of the parade float they built for him on the cheap so I doubt it has any.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Vaccinations have to be stopped because people aren't taking their shoes off before they go in the bouncy clinic and keep having impromptu royal rumbles with the doctors

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Ehh it's not that complicated. You have four classifications, Grade D is the general area, up to Grade A which should be sterile or close to it. Just getting ahold of the equipment to demonstrate the area is at the required ISO standard would be expensive enough to put someone off a quick attempt, and I can't imagine he'd have the QMS in place to get it to MHRA standards. So it's a good thing he had millions of pounds from government contacts instead!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I don’t know why you’re all making GBS threads on someone demonstrating real mercantile drive and entrepreneurialism. It’s this kind of spirit that we will need post-Brexit.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Rishi floundering a bit here

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1331876425050296321?s=19

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Jose posted:

Rishi floundering a bit here

Anyone would when up against this great mind

quote:

(Nick Ferrari) devised such programmes as Topless Darts,the News Bunny and the weather presented by a dwarf on a trampoline.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That's a man who's definitely very sad about 8 suicides.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

sinky posted:

Anyone would when up against this great mind

If only he had thought to use a Bouncy Castle instead of a trampoline, he could have taken some of that Covid money.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I went and got some blood taken today, had my temp taken on entry and was guided around expertly to ensure risk was kept to a minimum while the vampires took themselves a five course meal

I'm now sat waiting to collect my missis in the car park to aldi- about two thirds of the people walking into the shop so far are without masks and I can see the aisles are pretty much packed from here with no effort to limit numbers

doomed, lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Up to 696 official daily deaths again. FT seems to have stopped doing the excess deaths tracker.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/edmcnally96/status/1331874552088064001?s=19

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I reckon he's less tough than Ed Miliband

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Cruelty is toughness. Austerity is riches. Ignorance is strength.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I don't think i could take another round of tough decisions national credit card tories. I think i would have to join the RA tbh :/

I wouldn't be up for the bombing of innocents in shopping centres and that kind of thing though and my back gives me too much gyp these days to do all athletic guerilla warfare but maybe they could get me a desk job or I could do the phones from home or that

crispix fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Nov 26, 2020

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Guavanaut posted:

Up to 696 official daily deaths again. FT seems to have stopped doing the excess deaths tracker.

yeah they've been pretty funny about it. at first they were just keen to be having the most lovely data
i dont think they intended to be tracking the absolute failure of the government

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Good news, comrades! The standard rate of income tax is being cut to 80%, and the bread ration will double

He can’t austerity because he’s promised not to, so we’ll get off-brand austerity instead I guess

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

crispix posted:

I don't think i could take another round of tough decisions national credit card tories. I think i would have to join the RA tbh :/

Good news it's what our press has started talking about so join now

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I would imagine a medical is part of the application process in any case, they seem very professional

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
At least they're not anti-maskers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1331704289232887814?s=19

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Soricidus posted:

Good news, comrades! The standard rate of income tax is being cut to 80%, and the bread ration will double

He can’t austerity because he’s promised not to, so we’ll get off-brand austerity instead I guess

As long as he doesn't use the word austerity he can do what the gently caress he wants and the media will just shrug.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Helllooooooo this is RA headquarters, crispix speaking, a chuckyorlaw till you, how may I help?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I don't really get why 'the bins' is so prominent in the minds of a certain group of people. For all Blair's faults we did have a Labour govt from 1997 - 2010 when the bins was just not a 'thing' so why this reversion back over 40 years?

It's not about the bins, and it never has been. It's always been an excuse to justify voting Tory.

I just read a Pratchett short story that he wrote around 1970 riffing on the Pied Piper of Hamelin. The Piper turns up during the bin strike offering to clean up the rubbish. The council stiff him, so he takes them away - presumably to drown in the river.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

It's kind of amazing how the panel at the NHS which has to decide whether or not they can justify spending money on the latest cancer drug (and if so, what will they take money away from) are always portrayed as monsters. Meanwhile the Tories using unnecessary and counterproductive austerity to kick poor people when they're down are just so brave to make those tough decisions.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yes but people don't CHOOSE to get cancer, cancer can affect anyone regardless of their moral quality, whereas they definitely choose to be poor, or are poor because they are bad people, and therefore don't deserve help.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

crispix posted:

I wouldn't be up for the bombing of innocents in shopping centres and that kind of thing though and my back gives me too much gyp these days to do all athletic guerilla warfare but maybe they could get me a desk job or I could do the phones from home or that

I used to use the expression “what a gyp!” all the time until I realised where it came from. I suspect you haven’t realised yet.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

therattle posted:

I used to use the expression “what a gyp!” all the time until I realised where it came from. I suspect you haven’t realised yet.

You're conflating "what a gyp" with "giving me gyp" here

E: it may be that "giving me gyp" should go the way of "niggard" due to the shape of the word, but the smarmy "bet you don't know the origins" argument doesn't work.

Bobstar fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Nov 26, 2020

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Phone posting so can’t be doing with linking tweets but wowzers trousers check out the latest leaked operation yellowhammer document. We are somehow even more hosed than I thought. Red alert for such trifling matters as essential medicine and loving drinking water

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

So the local lookup tool has crashed immediately.

As a website tester I can only laugh.

franco
Jan 3, 2003
I got it to work once to find out Newcastle will be tier 3.

BBC saying Manchester, Hull, Newcastle, Nottingham, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Kent from when they could get in.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Bobstar posted:

E: it may be that "giving me gyp" should go the way of "niggard" due to the shape of the word, but the smarmy "bet you don't know the origins" argument doesn't work.

Same word and origin, surely.

My question: is the alternative "swizz" anti-Swiss? Paging Coohoolin.

franco
Jan 3, 2003
Full list published

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Woohoo.

I'll continue leaving the house exactly once per week, to go shopping, as I have done since loving march.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Bobstar posted:

Gonna go ahead and bet that most members of the Roma community do know the origins, so imo it should be regarded as one of the Bad Words. Also "what a gyp" has the exact same origin and form?

I actually find it a really hard word to avoid though (& always thought it was "jip") :(

e: & a disproportionate number of my posts lately have been SJW Rightspeak stuff so I'm gonna go ahead and add, the new sized monster munch do not take into account the bite radius of the average monster, they're just "munch" these days. What a, uh, swi-

sebzilla posted:

is the alternative "swizz" anti-Swiss? Paging Coohoolin.
drat IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I seriously don't understand the logic behind letting stadiums and indoor arenas open. Surely gatherings of up to 4,000 should be the absolute last thing to reopen, regardless of how many empty seats the venues have.