Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

Dugong posted:

Anyone know how well Spyro performs on the Switch? My boyfriend loved the originals when he was younger.

The only lag I've noticed is between levels when the game is counting up your dozen bazillion gems.

It does have a giant download before you can start, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

fit em all up in there posted:

Is crash team racing worth $20 ?

Given that Nintendo are never going to make a new Diddy Kong Racing, it's the best kart racer on the system with a dedicated single player adventure mode. It has a little bit of a learning curve/acclamation period but it's a fun game with a good amount on content

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I love playing video games on my Nintendo Switch :)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I saw crash team racing for like 20 bucks aud hard copy today but I didn't pick it up BC the only thing I ever heard about that game was it launched with a bunch of GAAS bloat that got fixed eventually. Kind of mad at myself now BC Diddy Kong racing is better than any Mario kart game imo and I'll yell that louder and louder at anyone who tries to tell me otherwise

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The thing with CTR was that it didn't launch with a bunch of micro transactions so they could say it didn't have any and then they patched them in later.

LotR: Shadow of War was the one where they patched them out after they'd gotten all the whale money.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Nov 26, 2020

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I still sometimes try to get a better boost by letting go of the gas before hitting a pad or powerup in racing games, and it was only ever a feature in DKR afaik.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dpulex posted:

You all seen this eshop "sale"? Complete trash. BotW is still and arm and/or leg while garbage like mario tennis aces was lowered down to $40, which is still $20 overpriced.

I have checked your posts in this thread and you really do not seem to like anything about the system or at least begrudgingly so. I believe it is perfectly fine for people to be critical of things, but in this case I think perhaps you might be happier focusing on the gaming things you do like if the Switch and the games it has causes you this much misery.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I've got an issue on Wii U. I'm playing on a new TV and the sound lags behind the image, but only sometimes and usually in cutscenes more than gameplay. For instance Zelda's subtitles appear a second before she speaks, but the sounds of the Sheikah Slate immediately after are in sync with the image. I noticed similar issues in the menu in Mario Maker but not the levels themselves. I've tried looking this up but most complaints are about the TV lagging slightly behind the gamepad sound, but I'm using a 3rd party pro controller so I'm not having that issue. The Wii U is connected to the TV via HDMI.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

snoremac posted:

I've got an issue on Wii U. I'm playing on a new TV and the sound lags behind the image, but only sometimes and usually in cutscenes more than gameplay. For instance Zelda's subtitles appear a second before she speaks, but the sounds of the Sheikah Slate immediately after are in sync with the image. I noticed similar issues in the menu in Mario Maker but not the levels themselves. I've tried looking this up but most complaints are about the TV lagging slightly behind the gamepad sound, but I'm using a 3rd party pro controller so I'm not having that issue. The Wii U is connected to the TV via HDMI.

Does your tv have a game mode? Try using that or turning off any post processing, or if you are using headphones try disconnecting them.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I’ve watched several gameplay videos of Witcher 3 on Switch and I still can’t fathom what wizardry CDprojectRed used to pull this off. The game looks and runs descent (in handheld at least) and there are many other, way less graphically intensive ports which run like dogshit in comparison.

As a technical achievement, its a masterpiece AND they fit the whole game + expansions on a single goddamn cart. The loving Final Fantasy X-X2 HD port couldn’t even do that for a near 20 year old game!

The only downside is the switch Tax. The complete edition of Witcher 3 can be had on PS4/Xbox/PC for <$20.....but on Switch you’re gonna pay $40 or more.

With that said if I didn’t already own the game on PC (and sunk over 130 hours into it...and still haven’t finished blood and wine!) I’d probably buy it on Switch.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

How and why is Mario Odyssey so good?

It's hooked me for weeks now.

My only complaint is that they should have upped the Moons required to progress in the main story, seems like 80% of the content is post completion

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
80% of the moons might be post game but that's not really 80% of the content. The game has a set path it guides you on through each level which showcases the majority of the areas.

That said, making you grab a few more of the "filler" moons before moving on wouldn't have been a bad idea. The game feels like it rushes you on to the next area rather than forcing you to explore to advance.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I’ve watched several gameplay videos of Witcher 3 on Switch and I still can’t fathom what wizardry CDprojectRed used to pull this off. The game looks and runs descent (in handheld at least) and there are many other, way less graphically intensive ports which run like dogshit in comparison.

As a technical achievement, its a masterpiece AND they fit the whole game + expansions on a single goddamn cart. The loving Final Fantasy X-X2 HD port couldn’t even do that for a near 20 year old game!

The only downside is the switch Tax. The complete edition of Witcher 3 can be had on PS4/Xbox/PC for <$20.....but on Switch you’re gonna pay $40 or more.

With that said if I didn’t already own the game on PC (and sunk over 130 hours into it...and still haven’t finished blood and wine!) I’d probably buy it on Switch.

It’s one of the best ports ever IMO. I played way more of it on Switch than I ever did on PS4. Being able to do a few mins on the bus was so good

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Obra Dinn is an insane rollercoaster of "I'm a loving moron...I'm clearly too dumb for this game... :smith:" and "I'M THE SMARTEST HUMAN ALIVE"

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Solaris 2.0 posted:

To be fair, there are regional releases of FFX/X-2 HD that do contain both games on a single 32 GB cartridge, the same as Switcher, but Square-Enix shoehorned it into a 16 GB cartridge for North America and Europe due to cost reasons, likely reflecting anticipated discounts.

Which itself is poo poo. I'm totally fine paying $50 for a complete-on-cart game, but I'm not paying $50 for a half-on-cart game that's only released that way anticipating eventual discounts to $20.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

How and why is Mario Odyssey so good?

It's hooked me for weeks now.

My only complaint is that they should have upped the Moons required to progress in the main story, seems like 80% of the content is post completion

I've been replaying Odyssey recently. Rather than exploring the heck out of each world as I did the first time I played it, I'm doing the bare minimum. My plan is to beat the game because that activates the big mysterious cubes in each level and they scatter even more moons around. When I played this 3.5 years ago those extra moons scattered into pretty empty worlds because I was playing so thoroughly. So I'm going to make the worlds as densely packed with moons as possible before exploring every inch of them.

The game is so good though. It's one of my favorite games, ever probably. Everything about it is fun, fun, fun and makes me happy.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Sorry for what might be a dumb question, but I think my wife would like Stardew Valley, and I'd like to buy a physical cartridge - is the one being sold in a sealed case actually a cart, or just a download?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah it's a cart

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah it's a cart

Every so often, I'll see a reviews of other games by someone who's angry about getting an empty case.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

American McGay posted:

80% of the moons might be post game but that's not really 80% of the content. The game has a set path it guides you on through each level which showcases the majority of the areas.

That said, making you grab a few more of the "filler" moons before moving on wouldn't have been a bad idea. The game feels like it rushes you on to the next area rather than forcing you to explore to advance.

I agree with this.

On my playthrough I intentionally hung around and grabbed more moons before moving on whenever possible. Who wants an experience like that to end!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Red posted:

Every so often, I'll see a reviews of other games by someone who's angry about getting an empty case.

Rightfully so!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Don't get me wrong, I've beaten Bowser and am still hooked. It's still giving me objectives 500 moons :negative:

This is it;

American McGay posted:

Definitely will be replaying it at a different pace once I've done it

It's a perfect platformer and New Donk City is just incredible

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Red posted:

The recent Fangamer release is on cart. There's also an older on cart (but earlier version) Japanese release published by Amuzio. Separately, it looks like Chucklefish may have done the code-in-a-box thing in Europe so if you see these complaints dated earlier than 2020 that's what's going on.

Dr. Shithead
Jun 27, 2008

You got your rhythm goin' now?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

FYI

MegaMan Legacy = 8 bit MegaMan aka NES, pretty simple games
MegaMan X Legacy = 16bit MegaMan aka SNES, so a bit more complicated (but still pretty simple)

Yeah as was mentioned, MegaMan 2 and 3 are great starting points into the franchise. So MegaMan Legacy Collection 1 is a good start.

MegaMan X Legacy 1 is also fantastic. Just stay away from MegaMan X Legacy Collection 2 for now, it has some really fuckin flawed games on it.

MegaMan Zero is a good series but I personally don't think it would be a good one to cut your teeth on.

Thanks a ton for this response (and all other who’s replied)!! I picked up the first two legacy collections (last night at like 2am after minecrafting with the boiz) and I am loving terrible at them both but I think I’ll figure out the mechanics eventually.

The OG one feels like I need to be more precise with my button press timing so I’m not sure how good I’ll ever get but I still like it. The X games are also pretty cool, and felt like a classic arcade button mashing quarter sucker from way back when. I didn’t get past a single boss on either but also didn’t really utilize the rewind feature and kind of just button mashed my way through.

The nes one reminds me of those SummoningSalt “insert game/specific map history of speed run” videos because you need to know where to position yourself with the next set of enemies and when to jump-shoot accordingly as if it were a predetermined dance of efficiency. Maybe I’m just really bad at theses games and am going to find out after some more late nights as mr :megaman: them self.

I definitely gravitate towards these types, or whatever stuff like Castlevaina SotN- cuz that was my first true love, and have been really loving into Guacamelee STCE which has been so much fun. I like the precise movement stuff needed for megaman but just don’t know if the level of punishment will ever not be so high, ie idk if I’ll ever get gud.

That’s my :shitpost: thanks for readin’.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I love playing video games on my Nintendo Switch :)

Mods ban this filth

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I wish I knew the subtle nuances of every Megaman game but they all blend together into one big incredible platforming richness

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The most important piece of Mega Man info is that Mega Man X is a perfect video game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Wildtortilla posted:

The most important piece of Mega Man info is that Mega Man X is a perfect video game.

X and X2 are both really good. X3 is enjoyable but ultimately a bit overcomplicated. I think X2 might actually be my favorite of the SNES Xs.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Wildtortilla posted:

:hmmyes:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Wildtortilla posted:

It'd be perfect if you started with the dash boots. Its why X2 is better

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
£10 for tales of vesperia? Don't mind if I do. I enjoyed symphonia many moons ago, I hope this has lots of recipes and poo poo for me to collect because that was my favourite part of symphonia

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dr. Shithead posted:

I definitely gravitate towards these types, or whatever stuff like Castlevaina SotN- cuz that was my first true love, and have been really loving into Guacamelee STCE which has been so much fun. I like the precise movement stuff needed for megaman but just don’t know if the level of punishment will ever not be so high, ie idk if I’ll ever get gud.

That’s my :shitpost: thanks for readin’.

This may have mentioned but it sounds like you'd enjoy Celeste if you haven't played it. The SNES App also has the some great platformers in DKC 1+2, Mario World 1+2, and All-Stars.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This may have mentioned but it sounds like you'd enjoy Celeste if you haven't played it. The SNES App also has the some great platformers in DKC 1+2, Mario World 1+2, and All-Stars.

Also The Messenger, possibly Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (no idea if those two are on the Switch)

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Do I want to pay $10 for Megaman X and maybe some games I might play maybe one day possibly

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Butterfly Valley posted:

£10 for tales of vesperia? Don't mind if I do. I enjoyed symphonia many moons ago, I hope this has lots of recipes and poo poo for me to collect because that was my favourite part of symphonia

Yes and it’s better than Symphonia in most ways, enjoy!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I might be the only person who has yet to be able to really get in to Megaman X :shrug:

I mean, I want to, I wanna join everyone in their MMX hype and all that, and I've played a couple levels, it's fine. I wanted the Sequelitis thing, I *get* why it's praised but I guess I associate MM with the 8bit look and feel so much that it's difficult for me to really take it a different way.

Anyway, as far as the original 6 go, I unequivocally love 2, 3, 4, and to a bit of a lesser degree, 6 (it's actually really good!). 1 is understandably janky, and 5 is completely unremarkable, as it changed virtually nothing from 4, which was already fine.

I have a soft spot for 4, since it was the first one I ever beat, legit, as a kid.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

punk rebel ecks posted:

This may be a stupid question but...is there any chance that Super Mairo 3D All-Stars will have any sort of price dip sale up until the holidays?

Speak of the devil.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

My nightly routine is now Melody of Memory, Groove Coaster, then Project Diva before switching over to Steam for Danganronpa 3. Those games absolutely belong on Switch, it's a surprising omission.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Alan_Shore posted:

My nightly routine is now Melody of Memory, Groove Coaster, then Project Diva before switching over to Steam for Danganronpa 3. Those games absolutely belong on Switch, it's a surprising omission.

They were “leaked” and then went to android and iOS instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I've been playing Star Renegades, which I'm really enjoying. Reminds me of Darkest Dungeon but much less of a miserable experience to play through.