Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Drink-Mix Man posted:

The #artisanal GarfieldEATS frozen Big Cow #Lasagna #recipe started in #UK 🇬🇧 from Peterborough where @nathenmazri visited the city back in 2016 working closely with renowmed chefs and local farmers, who understood taste buds and food from various cultures.
The #lasagna is rich in delicious creamy béchamel sauce filled with 5 layers of #GarfieldEATS secret bolognese sauce,5 layers of cheese & Ricotta, & 4 layers of ground minced beef made of 100% semolina fresh egg #Italian pasta formualted since 1966.
It is fork lickin good serving 2 people, but eating alone is much more satisfying & possible!
We ship frozen in thermal bags and ice packs #Canada wide.
@foodandwine @complexcanada @globeandmail @exclaimdotca @foodnetworkmag @foodnetworkca @bttoronto @narcitycanada @nowtoronto @dailyhivetoronto @dishedtoronto @indie88toronto @cbclife @cbcnews @globalnews @globalnewsto

Peterborough, where the Italians are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

GolfHole posted:

hmm maybe its good

Yes I mean look at it. Look how good it looks.

Also some words of wisdom from our new rising star.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Drink-Mix Man posted:

but eating alone is much more satisfying & possible!

I've been telling myself the same thing, but it gets harder every day.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also ground beef shouldn't be made of semolina, no matter how fine

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

This is how they do it in Garf country

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Well at least he's no longer lying about the 'cowboy cut' steak strips

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Drink-Mix Man posted:

... but eating alone is much more satisfying & possible!

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

I’ve heard of “beyond beef”, but this is ridiculous!!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Scooby Eats Doo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’m actually shocked not a single goon has purchased a gasagna yet. I’m genuinely curious rear end to how good/bad it is.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I’d get one if they shipped to me. Since it’s not made “in house” by GarfieldEATS it might be decent

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Drink-Mix Man posted:

The #artisanal GarfieldEATS frozen Big Cow #Lasagna #recipe started in #UK 🇬🇧 from Peterborough where @nathenmazri visited the city back in 2016 working closely with renowmed chefs and local farmers, who understood taste buds and food from various cultures.
The #lasagna is rich in delicious creamy béchamel sauce filled with 5 layers of #GarfieldEATS secret bolognese sauce,5 layers of cheese & Ricotta, & 4 layers of ground minced beef made of 100% semolina fresh egg #Italian pasta formualted since 1966.
It is fork lickin good serving 2 people, but eating alone is much more satisfying & possible!
We ship frozen in thermal bags and ice packs #Canada wide.
@foodandwine @complexcanada @globeandmail @exclaimdotca @foodnetworkmag @foodnetworkca @bttoronto @narcitycanada @nowtoronto @dailyhivetoronto @dishedtoronto @indie88toronto @cbclife @cbcnews @globalnews @globalnewsto

I literally took this photo in Peterborough :tinfoil:

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Are we looking at the same lasagna picture?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I’d get one if they shipped to me. Since it’s not made “in house” by GarfieldEATS it might be decent

In a house*

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

EL BROMANCE posted:

In a house*

with a mouse (that mouse that Garfield talks to)

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Lt. Cock posted:

Also some words of wisdom from our new rising star.

Nathen totally ripped this off from the opening of Luc Besson's Subway, except Luc quoted Frank Sinatra for the stinger

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Agent Escalus posted:

Nathen totally ripped this off from the opening of Luc Besson's Subway, except Luc quoted Frank Sinatra for the stinger

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
^^^ Well holy poo poo, you're right!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is a good Guy Mann post what the hell is happening

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
If they deliver to the US, I will do it. I will order a garfsagna. Where can I order one?

Edit: It isn't a good sign that when I google "Garfield Eats Lasagna" I get zero results for the product.

Double Edit: Ok so there's no web-based storefront but searching for garfield eats on facebook has taken me to an order page.

Unfortunately, he will only ship the garfsagnas to Ontario. I am going to send him an impassioned plea to ship one to Maryland but chances are he will say no. On the other hand there are some truly bizarre products for sale on https://garfieldeats.com/ including:

* A Garfield face mask for $25

* Cups that are clearly left over from the restaurant selling for $19.99 for 25 cups (SUCH A DEAL)

* A Garfield Movie Kids T-shirt which is advertised with a bizarre picture not of the shirt itself, but by movie-Garfield holding up a shirt with movie Garfield on it for $24.99.

It's also worth noting that although the Garfsagna is listed as its own item on the store page, there is a permanent "ORDER ONLINE LASAGNA" button embedded at the top of the page no matter where you navigate on-site along with a button that ominously reads "DONATE SICKKIDS"

There's also a banner at the top of the site that reads "Use G-Code FIRST20%OFF for 20% OFF" however, I was informed upon checkout "Sorry, this G-Code is not applicable to selected products." Guess I'll need a new G-code.

Although I am not an Ontario native, I couldn't help but resort to a little Garflattery:

...so far it has not stopped me from placing an order. I also requested an autograph.

Ahaha they are asking for $30.00 in shipping.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 26, 2020

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Only $30? What a bargain.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Only $30? What a bargain.

It's $42.60 USD shipped - assuming they actually ship it. I am trying to decide whether to push the "pay now" button or not. I think I may switch the funding source to something other than paypal that I can more easily dispute if it never shows up.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Buy it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
IT IS DONE:

Further bulletins as events warrant. I will keep you posted.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
WHERE IS MY loving LASAGNA NATHAN?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Order confirmation! I have some questions but I'm not sure if Nathan is qualified to answer them.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Bless your soul

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Canceled Christmas so my family can all eat the frozen big cow lasagne this thanksgiving.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

EL BROMANCE posted:

Canceled Christmas so my family can all eat the frozen big cow lasagne this thanksgiving.

I’m sure they’ll understand. It’ll be the best Garfmas ever.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Godspeed hero.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

I’m sure they’ll understand. It’ll be the best Garfmas ever.

I just wanna let you know, you've been doing some drat fine posting lately, and this adventure might be some of your finest work yet.
I'm proud of you, goon.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Big Beef City posted:

I just wanna let you know, you've been doing some drat fine posting lately, and this adventure might be some of your finest work yet.
I'm proud of you, goon.

Thank you, sir. I will dedicate a small portion of this horrible frozen lasagna to you.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I have been begging nathen on Twitter for a vegetarian mail order lasagna but nothing yet

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh and you'll be happy to know that order payments that you might make to the garfieldeats website go straight to nathen.mazri@garfieldeats.com. Sign of a quality business right there.

(And yes, I switched my paypal funding method to a credit card with fraud protection for this)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Oh and you'll be happy to know that order payments that you might make to the garfieldeats website go straight to nathen.mazri@garfieldeats.com. Sign of a quality business right there.

Lol very classy

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
It's dry-ice packed so besides maybe no longer being frozen when it gets there, won't it have released a load of CO2 in whatever vehicle it's shipped long distance in?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Xaintrailles posted:

It's dry-ice packed so besides maybe no longer being frozen when it gets there, won't it have released a load of CO2 in whatever vehicle it's shipped long distance in?

Well most companies offset co2 emissions created by shipping, but Nathen entergages the environment head on.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Sad news folks, I just got off the phone with Nathen who called me to let me know he cannot ship a lasagna to Maryland and that he has refunded my order. I almost didn’t pick up the phone due to the 514 area code, then realized that’s Montreal and immediately answered. He was apologetic, but has no plans to open a Garfield Eats in the US.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
On the plus side, I now have Nathen’s phone number and can call him to chat whenever I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ahaha I just got an email from their “Happiness Manager” complete with weird cat noise signature. Will post in a sec.