Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Wha? They were making them for Switch but stopped when they were leaked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Alan_Shore posted:

Wha? They were making them for Switch but stopped when they were leaked?

It's a "leak" in the same way the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Pokemon Sun and Moon Switch leaks are

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Ah, you mean lies

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Picross is so good. Its the perfect game

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Poque posted:

X and X2 are both really good. X3 is enjoyable but ultimately a bit overcomplicated. I think X2 might actually be my favorite of the SNES Xs.

X4 (also in the first collection) with Zero is also incredible and an example I use to describe the joy of motion in videogames. X4 with X is only alright in comparison and my least favorite part of the collection.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

Ah, you mean lies

Prime trilogy is 100% coming...

In 2022 maybe.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is NSMBU Deluxe worth $27 at GameStop or is it really that generic?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's Mario. It also includes the cool Luigi levels. If you like Mario it's a lot of content.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Obra Dinn is an insane rollercoaster of "I'm a loving moron...I'm clearly too dumb for this game... :smith:" and "I'M THE SMARTEST HUMAN ALIVE"

I never got to that last part. :smith:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is NSMBU Deluxe worth $27 at GameStop or is it really that generic?

It’s solid if you’re hankering for 2D Mario and probably the best overall of the “New” series. But yes the art style and overall gameplay is very by the numbers, which is not to say it’s bad, but you’re gonna get exactly what you expect.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I'd buy Mario Maker 2 over that a million times since people can make entire worlds in that now and there's endless great content for it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah, Mario Maker 2 is unlimited fun and if you want a platformer, it's an easy choice.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

the rat fandom posted:

X4 (also in the first collection) with Zero is also incredible and an example I use to describe the joy of motion in videogames. X4 with X is only alright in comparison and my least favorite part of the collection.

X4 with X is still way better than X3, which is easily the worst game in that collection.

X5-X8 are each flawed games with some redeeming qualities except X7 which might be the worst game in the entire MM franchise.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Switch collection takes out the only redeemable feature of X5, which is the Guns N' Roses boss names.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

X4 with X is still way better than X3, which is easily the worst game in that collection.

X5-X8 are each flawed games with some redeeming qualities except X7 which might be the worst game in the entire MM franchise.

6 is lacking redeeming qualities too.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

The Switch collection takes out the only redeemable feature of X5, which is the Guns N' Roses boss names.

They renamed Duff McWhalen?!?!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Simply returned them to what they should have been

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Bottom Liner posted:

I'd buy Mario Maker 2 over that a million times since people can make entire worlds in that now and there's endless great content for it.

Is the interface robust enough to actually find good, non kaizo stuff? That was the problem i ran into with 1

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Are there really no sales on DQ11 for Switch? It's like the one game I don't have that is still full price on Switch.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Fuligin posted:

Is the interface robust enough to actually find good, non kaizo stuff? That was the problem i ran into with 1
IMO the game still requires some commitment to googling stuff to find a lot of the really good stuff, and that "going outside the game" thing seems to turn off some players. You can find some really cool things with like 5-10 minutes of googling though, it's really not some terrible process.

One of the best ways to approach it for me is to specifically look up well-liked creators rather than individual levels and then you can "follow" them in-game. There are some absurdly talented people who have made insane amounts of content, and playing through all of someone's levels is a really cool way to see how their level design ideas progress and stuff.

Oh and, rather than insane kaizo levels the scourge of MM2 has become "refreshing levels" that just have you stomping through some absurd chaotic mess of lights and sounds that makes for some kind of creepy ASMR experience or something.

Martman fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 26, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Diabetic posted:

Are there really no sales on DQ11 for Switch? It's like the one game I don't have that is still full price on Switch.

I got it on sale about a month ago

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Fuligin posted:

it's easy enough. All you do is click on this.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fuligin posted:

Did you play 1 before they added super expert? That solved most of the problems for me, most of the real trash ascends to that level leaving expert relatively playable. Doesnt account for quality, sometimes you still get a bad level, but at least theyre clearable

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Diabetic posted:

DQ11 is worth the full price.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Xalidur posted:

They renamed Duff McWhalen?!?!

Duff McWhalen is easy the single best name ever given to a Mega Man character.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So in Europe Bioshock is up for 30 euro, CTR is 20, Dark Souls is 20, and FE: TH is up for 40.

Vesperia is tempting at 12.50. I loved Symphonia and I sank a whole summer into back in high school, but I don't have that time anymore and I don't even know if I would enjoy it. Symphonia was annoying/great since you had to replay it to see different paths/unlock everything. That's just not happening anymore.

Bioshock... 3 games at 10 euro each, but like I've played the first already and the other 2 only just about interest me.

CTR would hold my interest for 20 minutes probably.

Everyone should get Dark Souls at 20 euro, game's brilliant.

And FE is still too expensive at 40, for me anyway. I'm afraid of disliking it so much that I don't want to drop that much on it. Kinda bummed that everything that's actually on my wishlist isn't for sale, but that's fine. I'm enjoying Deadly Premonition plenty at this point.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bioshock 2 is the best one, Bioshock Infinite is one of the worst games ever made

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
It boggles may mind how Super Mario Maker 2 isn't part of the Switch's 10+ million evergreen titles. The game is intuitive, fun, and has endless amount of content with more being added everyday.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 27, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Bioshock infinite would actually be pretty fun on the switch I think. It's a weird game for sure and I don't blame anyone for not liking it but if you like those house of the dead style rail shooters it's pretty good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You still have to deal with the abhorrent story

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

You still have to deal with the abhorrent story

I don't understand the criticism. What's wrong with saying that the slaves are as bad as the slave owners? :thunk:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If you saw how much time I've put into death stranding you would know a coherent well written plot is worthless to me

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Bioshock 2 is the best one, Bioshock Infinite is one of the worst games ever made

Yeah... no then. Doesn't really feel worth it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I didn’t know people liked 2.

Liked it better than infinity sure but that’s a low bar

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

:yeah:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

If you saw how much time I've put into death stranding you would know a coherent well written plot is worthless to me

death stranding rules tho, unlike bioshock infinite

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its mostly just 2 is the only one that is remotely concerned about how it plays, as a video game, with a lot of interesting abilities and mechanics to mess around with. There's a huge emphasis on combat challenges and you actually want to go out of your way to do them because they're genuinely fun, where combat in 1 and Infinite either sucks or is something you tolerate

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

It's interesting that 2 is supposedly the only good one since it is by far and wide the most ignored.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Funky Valentine posted:

Duff McWhalen is easy the single best name ever given to a Mega Man character.

Hyleg Ourobockle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's interesting that 2 is supposedly the only good one since it is by far and wide the most ignored.
Its ignored by the people that play Bioshock games for the story, because the story in 2 reads like bad Bioshock 1 fanfiction and doesn't try to impress you with stunt writing like the twists in 1 and Infinite