Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

When

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Colostomy Bag posted:

lol, the BMM.

Mentioned here 5 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf31MzNgnNk

Amazing how nothing has changed.

Lmao that this video is now 5 years old and it’s still entirely accurate.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

trucutru posted:

Some of the dudes, you know those dudes who love explaining software development poo poo to everybody, are having a nerdgasm at the reddit. They looooooove this new piece of poo poo roadmap. Actually, they love the idea in their heads of how they think the roadmap will be, so at least they are consistent

Imagine that 8 years into a game project's development, during the biggest annual sale and event for the game, the only thing they released to get you excited and really gloating to the haters was... an update about their new roadmap, which said it would not include any dates or delivery times.

Not content, not a new event, not a new series of missions, not an amazing new drop of game mechanics. Nothing new in-game whatsoever except the third static "Expo" center showing the same static ship models. Nothing new on their website except 50 second video clip "Jokes" about those ships, and sales, sales, sales.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not surprised that the kind of person who remains loyal to a brand at this point is also the kind of person who would be stupid enough to praise this roadmap. They've really got nothing else left.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Honesty is one core value CIG cannot have.

Not true!

Chris honestly absolved himself.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

What did we just say about anime?

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009

IAbsolveMyself posted:

Those expectations are based on CIG's stated design and experience with MMOs.

Wait I must have missed something, when did this happen?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Aren’t they really 9 years in?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

L. Ron Hoover posted:

Wait I must have missed something, when did this happen?

https://ohiwill.com/making-money-online-for-beginners-mmo-direction/

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

The Cutlass blue (the slaver one) was introduced like six months ago. Of course, it is basically just a recolor but there you go.

In other news, the citizens are very excited to see all the progress that has been made to the Nova Tonk:

(yes, that's its current status)

So they are salivating about being able to buy that one ship that can carry it.

I'm the hyper-futuristic spaceship that can't handle "weather events" in a universe where space travel is equivalent to a cross-country drive or a trip to the store.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Doesn’t their SAM missile launcher only have like a 2km range?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

monkeytek posted:

Can you do customs? Will DM with my request. Totally do not have lust on my mind.

Sure I don't mind. Shoot me a pm.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

IAbsolveMyself
Feb 9, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Doesn’t their SAM missile launcher only have like a 2km range?

Yup. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17153-Anvil-Ballista

A real world Stinger ManPAD has 3x greater range. A mostly obsolete Raytheon Hawk has a range of up to 50km. Just lol.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm the hyper-futuristic spaceship that can't handle "weather events" in a universe where space travel is equivalent to a cross-country drive or a trip to the store.

Well, apparently the future is based on Tesla cars so it makes sense.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I just love how this game is supposed to be Planetside 2 but bigger and better oh and by the way it’s also a space sim.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Looks like there's a new single-seat fighter for sale!
From the noble bird-men this time

So just to recap, I was totally wrong about them not selling any more ships. They've launched two ships and sold two more now in the last week, by my count, each filling a clearly underserved niche:

$80 "Premium" starter ship, to go alongside the 5 Mustangs, 4 Avengers, 4 Auroras , 3 300i's, Terrapin, MPUV, Pisces, 100x, 85x, Hull A, and 3 Reliants that already populate the "Ship you will start with and upgrade away from" category.

$100 alien "light fighter" that fulfills the same job as the Arrow, 125a, 2 Aurora's, Banu Defender, Blade, 2 Gladiuses, Hawk, Khartu-Al, Mustang, San-Tok'Yai, Mantis, and Reliant

$250 "General Purpose Millenium Falcon" ship that fits right alongside the 4 Freelancers, 4 Constellations, 2 600i's, Carrack, Cutlass, Hull C, Starfarer, and Valkyrie

$??? "Not quite capital-ship gunship" that fulfills the same role as the Constellation , Freelancer MIS, and Redeemer

---

The only really interesting thing is that two of these four were actually released alongside the show, and another one is slated for December. So they are at the very least learning, and not selling enormous ships that are 5+ years from launch. Well, except for that last one.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I still don’t understand why they haven’t started selling space stations for guilds yet.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Aren’t they really 9 years in?

Best check the walls for the tallied scratches of staff members.

I heard that there was one country where if you're on death row they don't tell you the date of execution. Each day could be your last. It's an extra level of punishment. I mention this for no reason whatsoever.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I still don’t understand why they haven’t started selling space stations for guilds yet.

Dont worry, Im sure thats plan b if ship jpeg sales start to dry up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

Best check the walls for the tallied scratches of staff members.

I heard that there was one country where if you're on death row they don't tell you the date of execution. Each day could be your last. It's an extra level of punishment. I mention this for no reason whatsoever.

That’s Japan

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://v.redd.it/98ov9ktdon161/DASH_720.mp4

Lol imagine playing this shitheap to actually try to progress

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That’s Japan

Thank you for acting as polyfilla to my terrible memory

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL_b0ifrMiE

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Looks like there's a new single-seat fighter for sale!
From the noble bird-men this time

So just to recap, I was totally wrong about them not selling any more ships. They've launched two ships and sold two more now in the last week, by my count, each filling a clearly underserved niche:

$80 "Premium" starter ship, to go alongside the 5 Mustangs, 4 Avengers, 4 Auroras , 3 300i's, Terrapin, MPUV, Pisces, 100x, 85x, Hull A, and 3 Reliants that already populate the "Ship you will start with and upgrade away from" category.

$100 alien "light fighter" that fulfills the same job as the Arrow, 125a, 2 Aurora's, Banu Defender, Blade, 2 Gladiuses, Hawk, Khartu-Al, Mustang, San-Tok'Yai, Mantis, and Reliant

$250 "General Purpose Millenium Falcon" ship that fits right alongside the 4 Freelancers, 4 Constellations, 2 600i's, Carrack, Cutlass, Hull C, Starfarer, and Valkyrie

$??? "Not quite capital-ship gunship" that fulfills the same role as the Constellation , Freelancer MIS, and Redeemer

---

The only really interesting thing is that two of these four were actually released alongside the show, and another one is slated for December. So they are at the very least learning, and not selling enormous ships that are 5+ years from launch. Well, except for that last one.

looks like some Michael Bay transformers poo poo lmfao

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

This feels like a very accurate summation of the actual gameplay experience right now

https://v.redd.it/hdbg7q598p161/DASH_1080.mp4

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sarsapariller posted:

"There will always be folks who see projections as promises. Our new roadmap is not for them..."

This really formalizes their Development Hell as a Service model quite crisply.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

trucutru posted:

I had also never noticed that the slope in the Tonk's front armor would bounce incoming fire into the underside of the turret.

That's a quality Tonk.

Not an issue with modern munitions.

So unless they make bouncy muntions, not a problem

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/X3kf2lg.gifv

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Love how smug the backers are. "We know from their development history that they have NOT been working on this for the past 5 years, which means they are OBVIOUSLY working on it now. Checkmate, goonailures."

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Clipped through the floor, with lust on his mind

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

There's some amusing cognitive dissonance going on on Spectrum right now, they ALMOST get it but not quite... the conversation is going like this:

'I'm annoyed because the ship commercials featured ships that are not actually at the in-game show, but the video said they would be, and actually showed them at the show'

'thats just a marketing video, was made months ago'

'yeah, and when do any commercials tell the truth? Go and watch TV - all commercials lie, its what they do. Its all fake'
'have you bought the ship in the commercial yet?'

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

My pipeline is ready!

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Bicycle parking confirmed.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Pro-click

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w7q1ZFfsxs

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Doesn't punch above its weight, it's a no from me

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pffft, you can fit like 2 earth is the chess room of the newest SC ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Can you play chess in Skyrim?