Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
You even get some nice freebie points for the event, so gogo BP. There's no reason you can't cap every week if you do all the stuff, and while the BP goals let you slack a bit there's plenty of time left if you're sitting at 20+ even without those.

What AR are people usually pushing through Abyss at? I've yet to go past floor 4 as I haven't been able to 3* 4-1 for some reason and figured I'd be a little lacking pushing forward. I'd kind of been saving floors for the free BP progression you get for having 12 new stars. Will be getting to 40 and re-maxing my primary carry/weapon tonight so I thought it might be time to look at pushing through there and cranking up a second team.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Bloody Emissary posted:

We're fourteen days in on the BP, with 24 days left. You'll probably be fine, but do try to get as many weeklies done as you can.

The only things on the battle pass that really require resin are the "use X amount of resin" quests. Just like the boss fights, completing domains and leylines without grabbing their rewards still counts towards their respective BP requirements.

Leylines can be a bit inconvenient, since new ones don't show up until the next day unless you collect their rewards. If you don't want to spend any resin on them you have to do 4/day five days per week to finish the weekly.

As an addon to this, If you're past the five day completion mark then always spend your resin on leylines. As mentioned bosses and domains can be defeated to get credit for the BP with no trouble. Bosses also will even respawn quickly so you can farm them. However, Leylines will not spawn the next one in a sequence until the reward is collected.

If you're past the point where you can complete the leylines in time you'll have to spend resin to make up for the difference. So always make sure you've got enough on hand so you don't have to blow a fragile resin. This is the only real trick you have to keep in mind, outside of the possible "How do I spend enough mora?" weekly that may become an issue once people have a fully leveled team.

Domains are easy to do as well. In addition to what the quoted poster said, the game doesn't count doing under leveled domains against the challenge. So you can just pop into the lowest level domain possible and rip through the enemies fifteen times over to get it.

Edit: There's also supposedly a half resin event going on in China. So beyond conserving resin for the BP it may also pay to save up fragile resin.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 27, 2020

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Do leylines move to a new location if you don't do them? I know they don't move if you complete them without spending resin on them and given that's what I've been doing for the last few weeks I'm getting a bit bored of seeing the same 4 every time

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Mr Snips posted:

Do leylines move to a new location if you don't do them? I know they don't move if you complete them without spending resin on them and given that's what I've been doing for the last few weeks I'm getting a bit bored of seeing the same 4 every time

Leylines only move to a new location once they've been looted or at the start of a new day. There's a few preset locations they can start the sequence (I think there's 3 or 4 to each region's type of leyline you can do each day.) but all in all you're not going to see much variation.

Two of the leylines almost always start the day out next to a nearby teleportation point. So it's easy to hit up at least a few of them in rapid succession most days.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I haven't spent resin on leylines in a couple weeks and they have yet to move location with doing them daily, I think they do just stick in place until opened

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Archonex posted:

Edit: There's also supposedly a half resin event going on in China. So it may pay to save up fragile resin.
If anyone has details link please. I would freak out, I still have 50 fragile resin. Rumors of this have been a hoax in the past but I'm still willing to dream.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

No Wave posted:

If anyone has details link please. I would freak out, I still have 50 fragile resin. Rumors of this have been a hoax in the past but I'm still willing to dream.

I can't find it off hand (Any search for it using the keyword terms I used gets buried in guides for the current event.), but there was an article detailing upcoming events that mentioned that China's version of Genshin has a half resin event coming up. It also accurately predicted the Fischl/Mona event that's going on now before it was released. So unless they got snowed it sounds like it's worth it to save resin when you can.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 27, 2020

Arleneth
Apr 28, 2010
The discussion about what is going on in the setting is very interesting, especially since I have been looking through some of Childe's backstory. Looks like he got Narnia-ed. Any Honkai veterans know if the following is referencing anything?

Character Story 4
"Unlike what the rest of the world may think, Tartaglia was not born with his exceptional skills in battle.
But he would never speak to anyone about that critical, fateful encounter of his...
When he was 14, he fled his monotonous life at home with nothing but a short sword a bag of bread in hand. That 14-year-old boy got lost in the snowy forest.
Pursued by bears and wolf packs, he lost his footing and fell into a bottomless crack in the earth's surface.
There, he witness the endless possibilities of another ancient world. There, he would meet a mysterious swordswoman...
Or perhaps one should say that this dark realm had sensed the burning ambition in this boy's heart.
This darkness was something the Harbinger Childe could never again delve into.
In those three months, the swordswoman taught Tartaglia how to pass through the Abyss unhindered, and more importantly, nurtured the ability to stir up havoc from within Ajax's trouble-mongering nature.
No one knew what happened within that darkness during those three months, nor would Ajax ever speak of this to anyone.
When his worried mother and sisters found him in the forest, only 3 days had passed in this world.
Thus did Ajax's first adventure end, with his now-rusty short sword in hand.
This would mark the end of his youth and the beginning of his days as a warrior."

Shard of a Foul Legacy
"Stained with a profound color not of this world, no doubt due to the land of endless darkness that the young boy saw with his own eyes.
Perhaps it has nothing to do with the power of a Delusion, but as they say the weapon reflects the user..."

About Skirk...
"It's been years since I saw my master. I should hope that next we meet, I'll at least be able to force her to use both hands to beat me..."

Very interested to see what the entries for Character Story 5 and the Delusion say.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Archonex posted:

People used to be interested in talking about this stuff, but it seems like there's some folks that take offense to it. So should I just stop?

I'm enjoying the synopsis of the batshit insanity that is likely at the edges of the setting/story, even if I would prefer it never go too far past the edges.

But then I loving love both convoluted, pretentious meta poo poo and loosely connected strings between different stories. So this is entirely my jam.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving distraction.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Archonex posted:

People used to be interested in talking about this stuff, but it seems like there's some folks that take offense to it. So should I just stop?

fwiw i'm not (and I dont think anyone else is) offended, we just think that if what you're saying is true, it's A Bit Dumb. Nothing wrong with you saying it.
e: and there are plenty of people who don't agree that it would be A Bit Dumb so :justpost:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

To the people worrying about the BP earlier, theres 645 bep in dailies and 5220 in weeklies, 25 days/4 weeks left including today/this week, meaning 16 levels of dailies and almost 21 levels of weeklies. So if you're anywhere above level 13 right now you're just fine. If you actually want to clear the BP I definitely encourage you to pull out a calculator or a spreadsheet to see exactly how much effort you need to put in, because some of the weeklies are just pains in the rear end and aren't worth doing (the leyline one especially if youre not interested in grinding them)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

ffs people just acknowledge that all this out of game stuff is just that, out of game stuff UNTIL they bring it in game, then you can decide if you hate it or not. if you dont like the big spooky 'complicated' plot just dont read those posts very simple stuff imo

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I only just dipped my toes into HI3 manga following this reading order and a few sources and all spooky woo aside [which works for me but YMMV] the character work makes me optimistic for Genshin's writing long term.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

homeless snail posted:

To the people worrying about the BP earlier, theres 645 bep in dailies and 5220 in weeklies, 25 days/4 weeks left including today/this week, meaning 16 levels of dailies and almost 21 levels of weeklies. So if you're anywhere above level 13 right now you're just fine. If you actually want to clear the BP I definitely encourage you to pull out a calculator or a spreadsheet to see exactly how much effort you need to put in, because some of the weeklies are just pains in the rear end and aren't worth doing (the leyline one especially if youre not interested in grinding them)

I hit BP 40 today oops

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Hey, has anybody figured out if the text on the domain pillars means anything?

It's written in the Khaenri'ah script, of course, but it seems to be gibberish at first glance.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Meanwhile, they released a little teaser for Xinyan with the next banner about a week out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXSgda3ySTg

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
ok i read the manga. verdict: first of all its only mediocre, second of all its twice as long as it needs to be. third of all it hints at some interesting content but really nothing beyond "the fatui are weird bad guys." most importantly of all you don't learn anything interesting about the variety of fantheories you guys are tossing around in here.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

S.J. posted:

I hit BP 40 today oops
Its all the same in the end, just whether you wanna put a lot of effort in up front to get your poo poo sooner or half rear end it for the full season. Good news is you dont have to give a poo poo about anything anymore, dailies alone will get you across the line

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey, I'm playing on a PS4 so I can't type massive messages. Can someone ask for time limit things to all require you to activate them like the challenges and domains? It's a real pain trying to do a high level hunt and getting mobbed by 8 Hillichurls and an Abyss mage in the process while your 10 minutes is ticking down.

Bloody Emissary posted:

It's written in the Khaenri'ah script, of course, but it seems to be gibberish at first glance.

Yeah, it looks like Qiqi or Childe symbols as far as my eyes will focus on it.

And finally, is there a way to request for people come in for Co-op rather than you going to their world?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
How is Honkai Impact 3rd compared to Genshin Impact? Is it more of a beat 'em up or is it BotW-like like Genshin?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i really want a more detailed breakdown of Xinyan like they did with Zhongli, the video is super disappointing for that. no real idea of the range on her skill, still no idea how exactly her burst affects enemies when the leaked description is vague etc.

e: and as soon as i say that some actual useful gifs surface, lol

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 27, 2020

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
I'm surprised no one's brought up the 'hilichurls are devolved precursor civilization remnants' theory

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

They seem to reserve super detailed breakdown videos for 5* units, because yeah gotta make that whale money. I hope they eventually do make those for everyone though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well after a certain point we'll only be days away from her showing up in Test Run so it's not a huge deal. just figure these character announcements could stand to come with a better display of what they're actually like

kinda assume this is just official footage that they just didn't drop yet

https://twitter.com/Zeniiet/status/1332184771892453378?s=20

vague idea of her skill activation range (probably similar to the pulse AOE), burst does launch smaller enemies away so they may not eat all the pyro ticks

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why is she reba in English

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Love her aesthetic, but not super enthused by her kit. Her shield doesn't pulse pyro unless it hits multiple targets, so you get worse results fighting single or isolated enemies. Also not a fan of knockback effects in general. And then there's a weird split between pyro and physical damage on her passives.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One other lore thing I noticed is that the descriptions for the elemental shards/gems give what is obviously a perspective of their respective Archons (with more text revealed for each higher stage material).

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Meanwhile, they released a little teaser for Xinyan with the next banner about a week out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXSgda3ySTg

Why does she have a...Texan(?) accent?

Amuys posted:

I'm surprised no one's brought up the 'hilichurls are devolved precursor civilization remnants' theory

If you read the text for hilichurl masks, it mentions there possibly being a reason why they all cover their faces.

Speaking of hilichurls, another commission gives more evidence to the "the way people treat hilichurls is hosed up" idea. There's this one where a guy in that one Liyue hotel is like "get rid of these hilichurls because they're an eyesore." So literally without any provocation or concern of danger, just wants them gone.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

One other lore thing I noticed is that the descriptions for the elemental shards/gems give what is obviously a perspective of their respective Archons (with more text revealed for each higher stage material).

Why does she have a...Texan(?) accent?

If you read the text for hilichurl masks, it mentions there possibly being a reason why they all cover their faces.

Speaking of hilichurls, another commission gives more evidence to the "the way people treat hilichurls is hosed up" idea. There's this one where a guy in that one Liyue hotel is like "get rid of these hilichurls because they're an eyesore." So literally without any provocation or concern of danger, just wants them gone.

I once got a quest to kill a bunch of hilllichurl for "practicing marine combat," in loving Guyun Stone Forest.
If they can't live and learn to swim on an island in the middle of nowhere, then where the hell are they supposed to live, Adventurers Guild?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

in hilihell

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
The only good hillichurl is one who gets picked up and smashed together with all his buddies in an anemo effect while I throw hand grenades at them until they're reduced to a glittering loot ball.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I only spare hilichurls who understand the importance of watching the sunset or gazing at the stars with your homie

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
So how has Mihoyo been about collabs with other games or franchises? Have they done in-house collabs with other titles they produce? Whatever ties GI and HI3 together is likely enough justification to have some HI3 characters in GI.

I mean we start off as a Traveler from a different world and there are hints of others like that in GI, so it's not like they need anymore justification to do collabs with whatever they want. Ryu, Ken and Chun Li show up in Genshin. Just world travelling shenanigans.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

homeless snail posted:

Its all the same in the end, just whether you wanna put a lot of effort in up front to get your poo poo sooner or half rear end it for the full season. Good news is you dont have to give a poo poo about anything anymore, dailies alone will get you across the line

Yeah I dunno why the gently caress I was thinking there was less time than there is, I've been playing too much the last week

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Trihugger posted:

So how has Mihoyo been about collabs with other games or franchises? Have they done in-house collabs with other titles they produce? Whatever ties GI and HI3 together is likely enough justification to have some HI3 characters in GI.

I mean we start off as a Traveler from a different world and there are hints of others like that in GI, so it's not like they need anymore justification to do collabs with whatever they want. Ryu, Ken and Chun Li show up in Genshin. Just world travelling shenanigans.

Diluc for Smash. I'm sure a new anime swordboi would go over well.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Game is getting less fun as the WR goes up. None of the world bosses outlive cycling through elemental bursts when they stop being invulnerable (childe is the fastest to clear as a result) but the regular enemies are just large sacks of hp. I wonder if it's going to scale into millions of damage territory like borderlands or warframe.

By the time I level my main party to 80 I'm going to need 500 stamina and have spicy stew on a IV drip.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 27, 2020

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Trihugger posted:

I mentioned it before but Otto Apocalypse in HI3 has been confirmed to be snooping on Genshin. Likewise, that book I posted a link too up above details literally both Genshin and Honkai Impact's plot from the perspective of what appears to either be a very imaginative child in Delphi (IE: A different Earth entirely or some place with a similar name.) or a setting that's a full on borderline lovecraftian space opera. Alice, that is, Klee's mom is also supposedly from another world. Hence Klee's ears and Barbara's jpop idol obsession. She's also implied to be the equivalent of a walking tactical nuke, making Klee look downright safe. I think she just straight up nukes some ancient ruins to the displeasure of people. Not surprising she doesn't get along with Zhong Li because of that and his personality.

Given that the Princess Der Verta-edgelord has gotten multiple hints at potentially being a real thing (She may be a corrupted traveler or a form of Kiana? Who knows.), Tartaglia's story confirms the dark world told in multiple books and myths is real, Dainsleif appears to be an older male traveler that lost his sister and is succumbing to a Honkai infection, and all the other stuff to do with the Temple of Time and the lost nation to the east of Monstadt it's probably more accurate to say that they have room for not just AU but also time travel and AU versions of their AU crossover characters too. So the skies the limit for crossover potential.

Bloody Emissary posted:

If it's like the other stuff it's might be a puzzle. What's it say? Maybe it's a scrambled set of words or a substitution cipher. I know the trailer messages supposedly requiring translating from latin once you got it in a readable format.

Also, some of the mechs appear to have writing on them. It's hard for me to tell, but if so it may help.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 27, 2020

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Amuys posted:

It's been brought up a bunch. Their relation with the abyss mages who are themselves probably descended from the kings who descended into the depths (cf the elemental tiara description texts) and their attraction to ruins and ancient tech definitely seems to point in this direction.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Yes, I understand the storyline justifications. I was more curious on what the company Mihoyo's track record has been with collabs, since I never played Honkai. Are they as uptight about world consistency as Fate Grand Order or will they let Love Live Idols and Code Geass mechs run around with Card Captor Sakura like Granblue Fantasy.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wrote most of this up earlier, then Stuff Happened and I only just got back to my computer, so now I'm posting this much, much later in terms of both time and pages.

Lechtansi posted:

I don't really think theres a difference in "in world power levels" between the 4* and 5*. You have two gods (Zhongli and Venti), two obviously powerful people (Ningguang and Childe), and then a bunch of people with Visions who are a ton stronger than the average person. The traveler is impressed with Mona's power level, but it doesn't seem to me that she's any more powerful than the other vision holders.

Ytlaya posted:

I think the main issue with this is (as you mentioned) Ningguang being 4* and Jean being 5*, when the former definitely seems to be more powerful in-story than the latter. Diluc is also not particularly influential even if he's strong (though it's hard to gauge much since we just see him beating up some Abyss mages and hilichurls).

When I said "power" I didn't mean strength, per se, so much as... A sort of mix of ability, influence, and other things. (Though strength is often part of it; the gods are obviously crazy powerful, Tartaglia is a beast, Klee blew up a mountain, etc.) In Mona's case specifically I wasn't saying she was stronger than other Vision holders (though there is her claiming to do her hydromancy without her Vision, which was a gift from her master rather than something the gods gave her specifically, and that is really odd since otherwise you need to not be human if you want to manipulate elemental energy but don't have a Vision or Delusion; I'm wondering if that's a mistranslation or something because otherwise she's breaking a rule that the story makes a big deal of (admittedly because the Traveler also breaks it, but there's an obvious reason for that)). I was referring to her astrology, which gives her legit insight into both future and past and, provided she can successfully find and interpret it, access to the sum total of human knowledge in Teyvat, going by what she's said and done in this quest. It is, apparently, actually a really big deal in-universe, it just wasn't as clear until both seeing it in action and learning more about the setting. She's not a cheap fortune-teller, she's a legit seer.

Basically, Mona is unique in ways that 4* characters are (usually) not, but that is comparable to other 5* characters. Klee is both a mountain-destroying menace and the daughter of a woman from another world or something, Jean is the descendant of Mondstadt's greatest hero and the acting leader of the organization overseeing and protecting the city as well as one of its strongest fighters, Diluc is the guy running the city's biggest industry (and is the only Delusion user besides Childe among the PCs) on top of being another of the city's best warriors, Keqing is nobility and one of Liyue's leaders, Qiqi is undead and was granted power by the Adepti, basically all the gods and Adepti and so on are 5* as well, etc.

4* characters, meanwhile, are both story-wise less powerful and tend to be far more... Subdued? Like, there's a lot of "ordinary" adventurers, knights, and the like, and while they're exceptional compared to ordinary people (which is why they have Visions in the first place) they're overall relatively mundane beyond that. Razor's probably the "weirdest" one, and if you look into the lore of things like the wolf tooth upgrade items he's not even the first kid raised by Andrius and the other wolves of Wolvendom, it's a thing they've been doing for centuries.

The weird thing is Ningguang not making it to 5* as well, but I think this is probably due to her kit or something else gameplay or mechanics-related pushing her down. Like, without her, the only 4* Geo character would be Noelle, who can't even deal Geo damage without her burst.

I could just be extrapolating too much admittedly, but setting aside Ningguang it seems to me like there's a pretty clear division, with 4* characters being exceptional individuals while 5* ones are individuals with unique natures or unparalleled ability, major movers and shakers of society, and of course the literal gods and such. Pretty sure this will be the trend going forward as well, though we'll see; I'm admittedly not sure what Ayaka's deal is and know basically nothing about her beyond the iaito and Mona dash, and she's the only upcoming character I'm aware of who doesn't have something I can immediately point to as a reason for being 4* or 5* by the above standards. Edit: I'm counting the humans with trace amounts of beast blood or whatever, like Diona and Sucrose, as humans, since they're still mostly human, compared to, say, Ganyu or Xiao, before anyone tries to point at them.

Anyway, on the Honkai/Genshin lore topic, something worth noting: The two surviving members of the original Seven aren't humans; Venti/Barbatos is a wind spirit, while Zhongli/Morax is some sort of Adeptus. Zhongli in particular has been alive for over twice as long as "the Seven" have ruled. Each other one has been replaced at least once. If the Gnoses are inherently corrupting due to Honkai Energy or whatever, perhaps those two lasting millenia while the others went only centuries is in part due to them not being human and thus less affected by it, or even completely unaffected because, if there's a "humanity vs nature" thing going, they're beings of nature, despite apparently being on the side of humanity. Meanwhile, you have people like the new Baal, who seems to be starting to go off the deep end despite being around nowhere near as long, given the Vision Hunt she started in the past year or so.

There's definitely something to Venti and Zhongli being the only ones who made it this long, if nothing else. It might be for reasons completely unrelated to having a Gnosis being bad for you, of course, but it seems plausible enough and people are (or, well, were; I'm rather late now) talking about that, so I figured I'd throw that out there.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

One thing that Mona just casually drops is that she could literally be functionally omniscient if she was adept enough at astrology. Apparently astrologers in Genshin are rocking some weird Sidereal Exalted tier powers where they can just straight up see the future and past by reviewing the contents of the stars. Mona implies that it's almost like sifting through a database. Though only the best are capable of doing that.

5 stars are clearly more powerful though. I don't think there's much to disagree with that.

Childe is a terror to fight even outside of his boss fight. He uses a bow specifically because he'd curb stomp anything in a fight otherwise. Given that he can rip through entire waves of enemies (And in fact, the way he's built means that the more enemies you face the quicker they'll all die.) it wouldn't at all be unfair to say that if he was serious he'd literally be a one man army capable of soloing anything you'd expect to see in Teyvat. And if he's not actually on their level then he's at least almost on the tier of an Archon due to raw skill and bloodlust.

Venti literally just rolls around constantly going all "I cast tornado!" any time something inconveniences him. It's explicitly said that he changed the weather of Monstadt to not be so frigid and may have severely hosed up the terrain (On top of whatever apocalyptic Kiana related event may have occurred in the past.) fairly badly. He's also directly an alternate universe equivalent of a girl that drat near destroyed the world in HI3.

Zhong Li is straight up capable of spamming orbit to surface kinetic strikes like he's some sort of demented Rods from God satellite given human form. Dude straight up created pillars that are basically really slim mountains to take down a bunch of other gods too. So he's not even taking the events of the story seriously, much like Venti isn't either.

Klee is treated like she's some sort of Hannibal Lector tier super terrorist that has to be kept in solitary confinement at almost all times lest she destroy all of Monstadt.

Jean is not only the acting grandmaster but can reliably rally an entire army of vision users to her cause on demand. Ditto for Diluc, only he sidelines as literally Batman (if he had a magical flamethrower) when he thinks no one is looking.

Mona just casually drops "Oh by the way if I get any stronger I will literally have the capacity to see reality from an omniscient perspective." in a conversation like this is an every day sort of thing for her. And she can gently caress with reality so accurately that she predicts where meteors strike. When Scaramouche showed up she straight up teleported us through reality as well. Not her land water shark powers but straight up bubble hearthing us away. Which is a power I don't think not even the Archons have given what they've showed off so far. Even Rex Lapis had to come down from the sky in physical form.

There's a pretty clear trend that the 5 stars go beyond influential and into the "holy gently caress, if you aren't at 5 stars or above levels of power then avoid these people at all costs if they're in a bad mood" levels of influence. The real question is why we can't ever get them playing at 100% capacity instead of the slackers we have now. :argh:

Edit: Ningguang is literally so rich she chills out in a flying palace that can double as yet another orbital strike device in a pinch. Unfortunately this doesn't really translate well to the game. Since it's fairly combat focused. Hence being a 4 star.

Trihugger posted:

Yes, I understand the storyline justifications. I was more curious on what the company Mihoyo's track record has been with collabs, since I never played Honkai. Are they as uptight about world consistency as Fate Grand Order or will they let Love Live Idols and Code Geass mechs run around with Card Captor Sakura like Granblue Fantasy.

It's not certain, but given that Honkai Impact had everything from Evangelion style mechs and just straight up Stands from Jojo anything's possible if a company was up for a crossover.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Nov 27, 2020