Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

skipmyseashells posted:

Praying to Allah the alliance eats the biggest L ever seen in the manga

Which Strawhat do you think will die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

CodfishCartographer posted:

Which Strawhat do you think will die?

Jimbei starts bouncing up and down restlessly and no one knows why.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bold choice of Oda to just kill Luffy like that.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
straw hats don’t die come on, carrot is gonna be boiled alive

Edit: without shitposting lol but Marco/the scabbards will probably get pedro’d, no way in hell the fight ends at 1000 with two full acts left

skipmyseashells fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 25, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Luffy dies, Usopp becomes Pirate King.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Larryb posted:

Luffy dies, Usopp becomes Pirate King.

That would be like buggy becoming pirate King. Bold choice of oda to turn this into a gag manga

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't think we're getting the two more acts people think we are tbh

I think Kaido awakening

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Aren’t the acts they’re taking about classic kabuki style or something? Iirc one of of the acts in those is supposed to be the epilogue so we’re realistically looking at one more act for the climax (Kaido fight with Luffy/Jimbei/Sanji tag team until Zoro can join in) so that seems pretty reasonable?

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Since Sanji is clearly about to get distracted by ladies I predict Jinbe will either get distracted by a sub boss or die by Kaido's hand to make Luffy mad enough to put up a fight without actually risking any characters people care about.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i care about jinbe

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ryaomon posted:

Since Sanji is clearly about to get distracted by ladies I predict Jinbe will either get distracted by a sub boss or die by Kaido's hand to make Luffy mad enough to put up a fight without actually risking any characters people care about.

why are you like this

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Paper Lion posted:

i care about jinbe

Same, I’d prefer if he was an ally since ten crew mates is a lot narratively but he def has a good “slightly oblivious dad” dynamic to add.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I care about Jinbe. Jinbe is my second favorite member of the crew.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

It's still almost surreal to think Jinbe is really for real this time joining the crew. Yeah, he agreed to join a long while ago, but in terms of actual crewmates, we haven't gotten anyone new (or likely candidates) for a whopping twelve years. Pretty blatantly the longest the Straw Hats have gone without a new member.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
While we're waiting for the newest chapter, I just found out that there was a One Piece Kabuki play a few years back. It's...weird, but still looks charming. Here's some footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tzx1feurrU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I reread Fisher Tiger’s backstory for probably the first time since it released and god. Probably one of the top ten most powerful scenes in the entire manga.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah the overall quality of that arc can be argued, but that particular bit is still pretty drat good.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Super.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
chapter https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/one-piece-chapter-997/

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
They just keep getting better

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
holy poo poo at that last page. actually dropped my jaw at that feat.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Zoro suddenly stopped loving around and he and Ex-Drake just rocked Apoo in one hit after seeing the arm falling. drat, he's a monster.

Yamato also mentioned Dragons can do this feat, not Kaido's devil fruit.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
so with all of the bridges in wano destroyed, and flower capital full of people, i imagine kaido parking onigashima on flower capital is going to crush everyone beneath them. this is the timer of this arc like birdcage/the bomb/sunrise/etc from other arcs

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Guys I'm not sure this 'Smile' stuff is all it's cracked up to be

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Zoro suddenly stopped loving around and he and Ex-Drake just rocked Apoo in one hit after seeing the arm falling. drat, he's a monster.

Yamato also mentioned Dragons can do this feat, not Kaido's devil fruit.

yeah, umm, i really thought we were gonna spend a few more chapters at least with Zoro hunting down Apoo in between other poo poo but nope. Also yeah, also couldn’t help but notice as well that Kaido is doing this insane flex in his human form despite it being something dragons can do.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

idk im cracking up

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Floating Onigashima is giving me Dr. Wily castle vibes.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Look closer at the Zoro page. X-Drake looks as surprised as anyone to see what just happened. I read it as Zoro just single-handedly cutting Apoo down in a single blow.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

CodfishCartographer posted:

Look closer at the Zoro page. X-Drake looks as surprised as anyone to see what just happened. I read it as Zoro just single-handedly cutting Apoo down in a single blow.

Yeah he is shocked at being so upstaged, instantly. Zoro was just playing around, assuming that the samurai had things well in hand on the roof.

GOD what a good chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be fair, X. Drake was keeping Apoo in place.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Begemot posted:

GOD what a good chapter.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I just want to see the editor's face when Oda tells him "Okay then after Zoro defeats Apoo the the island lifts into the sky".

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I want to see Oda's sketchbook full of SMILE user designs.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Oda teasing us about Zoro's Conqueror's Haki :allears:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Holy gently caress dude this just keeps getting better. Also this all but confirms that Kaido is a dragon that ate a devil fruit. God drat.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

drat...

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The best part of this chapter was Zoro being dad

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The battle had to move to the Wano mainland at some point, but I was not expecting it to happen this way. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lol sanji being useless, classic one piece