Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

If I had to take a guess, I would guess that Ningguang was probably a 5* unit at some point in development but got downshifted to 4* specifically because there wouldn't be another geo unit other than the traveller that could cause the crystallize reaction on a semi-regular basis. If the game released with nothing but GeoMC and Noelle at 4* and Ning at 5*, the crystallize reaction would have barely existed as a consideration for the vast majority of players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Please stop trying to justify why qiqi is a 5 star, rarity is just rarity sometimes.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cocogoat's milk makes you into a 5*, and that's a fact.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Qiqi is powerful, she's singlehandedly responsible for the extinction of cocogoats

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Qwertycoatl posted:

Qiqi is powerful, she's singlehandedly responsible for the extinction of cocogoats

Counterpoint: The Cocogoat is going to be the 5* either after Zhongli or the one after the one after him.

Edit: Unrelated, I've made it a side goal to upgrade one of every weapon I have, even the 1* and 2* ones, to their second ascension phase so I can see their alternate textures. Some of these I actually kind of like and wouldn't mind using if we could reskin weapons or something:

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Nov 27, 2020

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hey guys quick question: what is Keqing's main stat for electro dps? I've seen various guides and tier lists that say ATK, ATK%, Crit and electro dmg bonus, thanks.

I'm AR29 btw so the best sets I currently have access to are berserker or gladiator.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Hexel posted:

Hey guys quick question: what is Keqing's main stat for electro dps? I've seen various guides and tier lists that say ATK, ATK%, Crit and electro dmg bonus, thanks.

I'm AR29 btw so the best sets I currently have access to are berserker or gladiator.

There is no single main stat, you want to build all of them to some degree eventually. To put it simply, this is because the bonuses to each stat stack additively within that stat but different stats stack multiplicatively with each other.

At your AR though you don't need to worry about stat balance much or at all really, since whatever artifacts you're using now won't last that long. Instead you should mainly focus on getting your ATK up. The quick 1-2-3-4 until you get to AR40 or so is basically:

- get the best feather you can find and max it out as your first priority
- get ATK% on the hourglass
- get electro DMG% on the goblet if you can find one, otherwise physical DMG%, otherwise ATK%
- get ATK% on the headpiece

Sets don't really matter too much this early, it's much more important to try to get good main stats. If you have a 5* feather use it, no matter what set it's from. If you can get a set bonus or two then great but don't go out of your way to try to farm specific sets yet.

Later on you will probably want to build crit on your headpiece but doing that early on is usually a DPS loss. The goblet is the only slot that can roll elemental damage% and the headpiece is the only slot that can roll crit, by the way.

For way, way more detail on how to build Keqing specifically, see the KeqingMains guide.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Nov 27, 2020

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How would a half resin event even work with condensed resin? Would you get 4x times the loot in domains and twice the loot against bosses?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hexel posted:

Fake edit: Misread "stat" as "set" and wrote the following before realizing my mistake, but I'm going to leave it anyway.
You're a way from the best sets for her, but eventually you'll probably want either Thundersoother 4 or Thundering Fury 2/Gladiator 2. Former is better at its best but the latter is more general-purpose since it still works against stuff like slimes, which also makes it much more convenient for things like the Abyss. In the meantime Gladiator and Berserker are both fine, and really good pieces of the former could even remain relevant in the endgame once you start getting 5* ones.

Anyway, stats, TheFluff already basically covered it, though you'll probably move to a Crit DMG% or Crit RATE% circlet eventually, depending on your weapon and other artifacts' substats. You probably don't need to worry about that until you can also farm the 5* versions of the sets I mentioned though; in the meantime ATK% is fine.

The thing is you can't and don't want to go all-in on one, because you get diminishing returns whereas having things more spread out (as long as you meet certain thresholds, most notably crit rate >50%) gives much better results. This is what TheFluff was talking about with stacking additively versus multiplicatively, and is why you don't have a single "main stat" for her (or any main DPS). It's not as much of an issue early, since you won't get artifacts worth serious investment anyway and probably can't hit the point of serious diminishing returns, but it's important to keep in mind for the later game.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Any suggestions for how I should be developing my team?

I'm AR39 and usually running a party of Childe (main dps), Xiangling c1 (sub dps with Crescent Pike), Bennett, and Fischl (sometimes I sub in XingQiu for Fischl). Aside from these characters I have Ningguang c1, Diona, Beidou, Barbara c1, Kaeya c1 plus all the free characters (no constellations unless specified). Haven't invested in anyone aside from those in my main party and a lv 50 AnemoMC, and even there have really been only spending big resources on Childe and Xiangling.

Wondering about -
  • As I think to Spiral abyss, how should I set up two teams? I had tried Childe/Bennett/Xingqiu/AnemoMC and Xiangling/Fischl/Barbara/Noelle but this probably won't take me that far. I could start investing in Ningguang as a second (third? with Xiangling) carry, but I was also wondering if it was better to wait for the next banner and go for Razor
  • What should I be focusing on for my supports like Bennett and Fischl? Should I be upgrading their weapons? What types of weapons should I be looking for on them? I know Bennett for instance might want to get to lv 60 for the ascension talent that decreases his CD in his ult

I have a decent amount of primos and could roll for e.g. more Ningguang constellations if it would work well, but I had thought waiting for the next banner would be more worth.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

How would a half resin event even work with condensed resin? Would you get 4x times the loot in domains and twice the loot against bosses?
I imagine it would apply to making the condensed resin if it does at all, so it would either be effectively double the loot (or four times a single run) since you'd make two of them instead of one, or it would be a waste and you'd just want to save them until the event is over (if there's no discount to making them). We'll see how it works if it happens though.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

ThePineapple posted:

Any suggestions for how I should be developing my team?

I'm AR39 and usually running a party of Childe (main dps), Xiangling c1 (sub dps with Crescent Pike), Bennett, and Fischl (sometimes I sub in XingQiu for Fischl). Aside from these characters I have Ningguang c1, Diona, Beidou, Barbara c1, Kaeya c1 plus all the free characters (no constellations unless specified). Haven't invested in anyone aside from those in my main party and a lv 50 AnemoMC, and even there have really been only spending big resources on Childe and Xiangling.

Wondering about -
  • As I think to Spiral abyss, how should I set up two teams? I had tried Childe/Bennett/Xingqiu/AnemoMC and Xiangling/Fischl/Barbara/Noelle but this probably won't take me that far. I could start investing in Ningguang as a second (third? with Xiangling) carry, but I was also wondering if it was better to wait for the next banner and go for Razor
  • What should I be focusing on for my supports like Bennett and Fischl? Should I be upgrading their weapons? What types of weapons should I be looking for on them? I know Bennett for instance might want to get to lv 60 for the ascension talent that decreases his CD in his ult

I have a decent amount of primos and could roll for e.g. more Ningguang constellations if it would work well, but I had thought waiting for the next banner would be more worth.

For abyss the team comp varies by floor so IMO it's not really helpful to think in terms of "first and second team". I prefer looking at it this way: pick two carries, level those to at least level 70. Then pick out two good supports that go well with those carries (bonus points if they can go well with either). Consider getting those to their 4th ascension for the extra talent but you don't need to go beyond that. Finally pick two healers - depending on who they are they usually don't need to be more than level 40-50.

Based on these building blocks you can make two abyss teams for most situations, but you'll also want a few more supports for breaking shields/doing crowd control/getting superconduct or viridiscent venerer procs etc.

In your case, you have two obvious carry candidates in Childe and Xiangling and another strong possibility in Bennett (although ideally you'd really want his C1 to use him as a carry). Obvious strong supports are Bennett, Fischl and Xingqiu. Bennett is extremely strong with Childe and Fischl works on any team. Xingqiu goes well with Xiangling too. On a team with a physical carry like Xiangling you'll ideally want both electro and cryo for applying superconduct if you can fit that into your team. Either Diona or Kaeya will do fine for cryo (Diona can also double as a healer if built for it). Anemo MC goes very well with Childe too, and especially if they have Viridiscent Venerer. Childe works best if there's a lot of targets to AoE down and Anemo MC is pretty decent at grouping up targets while also reducing their hydro RES with VV.

Most supports you want to just build for DPS, so ATK/elemental damage like everyone else, but on healers you'll usually want some HP as well since most heals scale off of HP, so there's a tradeoff there. XQ, Bennett and Diona all rely quite heavily on their bursts so you may also consider an energy recharge weapon on them (XQ in particular really wants Sacrificial Sword).

Hope that helps at least somewhat.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
1) Has anyone ever seen the strange Hilichurl drop primogems? Either through handing them out or as drops for killing him?

2) Does finishing the 4th section of the meteorites make the other events disappear? I'm like to 100% the second store.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

it doesnt drop primos, it gives an achievement for killing it that gives primos

I found mine in the village in liyue

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

it doesnt drop primos, it gives an achievement for killing it that gives primos

I found mine in the village in liyue

I think he appears in a new place each day. Yesterday he was in front of the big tree in Monstadt. Today he was on the rim of the Wolf arena.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I mean its fairly clear from the story that Ningguang might be the leader but Keqing is the one in charge.

Also it doesn't seem hard to believe the actual zombie is stronger than most Just A Humans.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you're supposed to be able to kill the unusual hilichurl twice (different locations) before it enters a 12hr respawn timer, and he's got a bunch of different locations to appear in

there's a whole achievement chain for killing him x times but it seems more tedious than i wanted to bother with yet

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

UltraRed posted:

1) Has anyone ever seen the strange Hilichurl drop primogems? Either through handing them out or as drops for killing him?

2) Does finishing the 4th section of the meteorites make the other events disappear? I'm like to 100% the second store.

All meteorite events are still there whatever you do. I did the final part of the meteorite story and then went back to 100% the first store.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

ThePineapple posted:

have really been only spending big resources on Childe and Xiangling.

There's your carries.

quote:

Assuming everyone is at C0 (so we can ignore stuff like XQ's C2 hydro bonus) and not taking into account elemental needs on floors...

You've already got Childe and Bennet locked in together. XQ is a good general choice and anemoMC opens ups some nice opportunities for Childe ult damage screenshots. In Team B I'd replace Noelle with Kaeya. It's not exactly a highly optimized superconduct setup but some boost to XL's stupid good damage is still better than Defense Maid.

Bennet is a little weird here because you want him with enough attack to make Childe's downtime not be a total loss. Definitely get him high up there (which usually means 60, but higher is good) and get him the beefiest sword you can. The rest of your supports are just along for the ride so energy recharge and sac weapons and whatever gets their ults up faster to spam.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

The unusual hilichurl has 14 different spawn locations, and can't appear at the same one twice in a row.

The first time you kill him he'll immediately respawn at another location, after the second time he has a 12 hour timer before spawning again for another two kills.

The only thing he drops are 18 adventure xp, and 1-3 cabbages. You also get progress toward the achievement (which maxes out at 40 kills).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

hit button posted:

The unusual hilichurl has 14 different spawn locations, and can't appear at the same one twice in a row.

The first time you kill him he'll immediately respawn at another location, after the second time he has a 12 hour timer before spawning again for another two kills.

The only thing he drops are 18 adventure xp, and 1-3 cabbages. You also get progress toward the achievement (which maxes out at 40 kills).

Thank you!

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

kater posted:

I mean its fairly clear from the story that Ningguang might be the leader but Keqing is the one in charge.

Also it doesn't seem hard to believe the actual zombie is stronger than most Just A Humans.

The story gives me the opposite view where Ningguang is clearly the puppetmaster/wheels within wheels type, the profile stuff goes on about her extensive spy network in the city and how she knows everything that's going on. By comparison Keqing comes off as straightforward but kind of goofy (holds to her convictions but has really strong opinions that she either swerves on or is using to conceal her fangirling).

personally I don't think the 4*/5* distinction means much in the end and has more to do with monetization than story power level stuff. wouldn't be surprised to see alternate versions of characters with different rarities like GBF in the future either

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Speaking of Ningguang, I managed to farm her a very very nice crown last night.

Which allowed me to get this damage milestone achievement:

She's really really fun. C2 Ningguang is probably the biggest impact on her aside from C6, since it almost effectively gives her screen 2 charges allowing for disgusting back to back burst damage.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My party revision (when complete) is going to be Childe/Ninguang/Beido/Bennet, so I decided to cash in my dust to buy 5 pulls and buy the rest with primo gems to try to get a constellation before the banner is over. I am now the proud owner of Diona. :sigh:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Are achievements for some of the daily quests broken? Under the Wonders of the World achievement section, I have for the Love of Godwin 0/5, A Nourishing Friendship 0/1, Love is All Around 0/1, and Pirates! Argh! 0/1. I know I have done the pirates daily at least 5 times, and I think I have done some of those others as well.

Also, kind of underwhelmed about the treasure hunting item. I have found a handful of chests I have missed, but the range is shorter than I anticipated and with the % competition being somewhat inaccurate it means I still need to comb the entire map hoping to get in range of some chest which may or may not be there. My Bishui Plain is by far my lowest completion % at 94 when everything else is 99 or 100, but I have not found anything there yet.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 27, 2020

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

hit button posted:

this is right except it's 15 different locations and the third achievement is for 50 kills

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

My Bishui Plain is by far my lowest completion % at 94 when everything else is 99 or 100, but I have not found anything there yet.

Yeah, there's something funny going on with Bishui Plain. The highest % anyone has managed there is something like 96% iirc, whereas the other areas are relatively easy to 100% with a bunch of stuff left to find.

It might have something to do with the locked area in Sal Terre, with completion percentage including stuff that's currently unimplemented inside of it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the compass will actually direct you to the sealed area since there's a chest just sitting down there :(

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Something I just noticed while rooting around in my inventory: the leftover mora from the haggling in Childe's story quest doesn't automatically get added to your coffers at the end. You have to go back to Northland Bank afterwards and get it exchanged, because rich kid Teucer was carrying around coins in denominations too high for general use.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think my new Genshin team building philosophy is "if I build everyone on my team as a main DPS it's not going to matter who I swap to when I fat-finger my swaps, so it's all good".

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Ibblebibble posted:

I think my new Genshin team building philosophy is "if I build everyone on my team as a main DPS it's not going to matter who I swap to when I fat-finger my swaps, so it's all good".

I like the cut of your jib. I definitely prefer to run around the world as a Diluc, Keqing, Childe, Beidou team. Always something going off!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ibblebibble posted:

Until it comes to artifacts, I think this isn't a horrible strategy. I wasn't sure who I wanted as my permanent carry so I built out the MC and Xiangling. Now I've decided on Childe and More lady as my main DPSes. I lose out on the exp books and Ascension materials, but the weapons and artifacts can be repurposed. Most of them were just beginner or mid level sets I leveled up. I also broke the rule of "only focus on your carries" when I was stuck on one of the stupid trial quests and leveled up a ton of people I ended up nevere touching again.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

UltraRed posted:

Until it comes to artifacts, I think this isn't a horrible strategy. I wasn't sure who I wanted as my permanent carry so I built out the MC and Xiangling. Now I've decided on Childe and More lady as my main DPSes. I lose out on the exp books and Ascension materials, but the weapons and artifacts can be repurposed. Most of them were just beginner or mid level sets I leveled up. I also broke the rule of "only focus on your carries" when I was stuck on one of the stupid trial quests and leveled up a ton of people I ended up nevere touching again.

I don't particularly enjoy weapon or artifact management so I don't even have that going for me. I just like being able to dish out numbers with anyone.

Also I tend to forget to actually swap so support might as well be a non-existent role for me :v:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Building eight carries, ignoring that most group members are excellent supports and awful carries, is gonna require a lot of whaling or a huge amount of waiting.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
team synergy >>>>> character levels

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

I've recently switched my main dps to Ningguang but still have Keqing in my party since she's so kitted out. Doesn't do jack poo poo for support but it's pretty nice having another powerful carry when I need to kill poo poo that's geo resistant/immune, or when I'm in enclosed spaces that don't work well with her projectiles, or when Ning dies and cannot be revived due to food cooldowns (which previously meant I'd just flail around ineffectually for a minute). And really, tossing out Keqing's Q and E every now and then for some burst damage isn't bad at all.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mailer posted:

Building eight carries, ignoring that most group members are excellent supports and awful carries, is gonna require a lot of whaling or a huge amount of waiting.

TheFluff posted:

team synergy >>>>> character levels

You're talking to the person who only learnt that weapons have substats a week or so ago :v: I just throw stuff on people that look cool and make number go up. I have no plans on going particularly deep into Abyss so it all works anyway.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Please don't talk about how good Ning's C2 is because I don't have it

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Andrast posted:

Please don't talk about how good Ning's C2 is because I don't have it

It's very good, especially with Venti. Wonderful for mining as well if you don't use anybody who wields a claymore.

e: read that as C1. The C2 is very good too. I haven't played her without it but not having 2 uses of the E sounds so limiting.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Vargs posted:

It's very good, especially with Venti. Wonderful for mining as well if you don't use anybody who wields a claymore.

I can't wait to blow it up repeatedly with Zhongli