Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

what the gently caress is wrong with ya'll he's obviously trolling just ignore him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

bradzilla posted:

The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S have no games

the probl here is that the Series X has infinite minus one games while the Series S has negative games. they're canceling each other out. we need a top scientist on the case to solve for X

Blue Footed Booby posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with ya'll he's obviously trolling just ignore him

idk OP actually I like to laugh on the internet sometimes. not all the time but sometimes it's good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if the xbox back compat team don't add timesplitters 2/3 soon, i'm gonna lose my will to live

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I can't wait for some new Halo action. Can't keep playing Halo 3 forever.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

falz posted:

Is it a true or false statement that they have exactly the same number of games as the Xbone currently has?

I believe as of right now the Bright Memory thing for 8 bucks is the only thing not playable on a One.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

I said come in! posted:

I hope this game ends up looking better now that its been delayed to some unknown time. I was taken aback when Microsoft had announced it was going to be a launch title right after showing the gameplay footage that they did earlier this year.

I was mostly surprised they are demanding it run on OG Xbox One's tbh. Now wonder it's a graphics downgrade when it has to meet 120fps on those.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Tried my Alpha Protocol disc and it is not backwards compatible on the Series X. :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Piquai Souban posted:

Tried my Alpha Protocol disc and it is not backwards compatible on the Series X. :(

Microsoft only owns 50% of that unlike New Vegas which they now own 100%.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Thom12255 posted:

I was mostly surprised they are demanding it run on OG Xbox One's tbh. Now wonder it's a graphics downgrade when it has to meet 120fps on those.

They're mandating 120fps on the OG bone??? what the gently caress lol that seems insane to me. Are you sure that's accurate? I could see mandating that the game just runs on the OG but the 120fps thing is insane

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Thom12255 posted:

Where did you see it's going to run in 120fps on an OG xbone?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He got confused, its 120p is what it will be running at

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if the xbox back compat team don't add timesplitters 2/3 soon, i'm gonna lose my will to live

Just emulate the GameCube versions

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I would recommend watching nx gamers breakdown of whats wrong with halo infinite. I found it very informative on exactly why the game seems to be having trouble scaling up to impress on next gen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3GFKJqndhc

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I was being polite: Microsoft has not mandated that Halo Infinite run at 120fps on the first model of xbone, and 343 isn't trying to make it happen. It will supposedly run at 120fps on the Xbox one x.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

falz posted:

Is it a true or false statement that they have exactly the same number of games as the Xbone currently has?

False. The Series units technically have less games due to the Kinect incompatibility.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol at the idea of 343 getting anything to run properly at 120fps on any machine

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol at the idea of 343 getting anything to run properly at 120fps on any machine

Any idiot can get a game to run at 120fps if they lock physics and AI updates to 2/s and replace every model with an untextured cube. The question is how close they'll have to come to literally that.

I might actually play Halo: Master Cube Edition. That sounds trippy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bill Gates took my xbox series x order and used the money to buy crack, so now im not getting my xbox.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The question is how close they'll have to come to literally that.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I might actually play Halo: Master Cube Edition. That sounds trippy.

voxel-based Halo? I'm in

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jesus I cant look at this without laughing.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

It's the perfect response to *everything*

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That its his death face is what i find most wild about it

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

I said come in! posted:

Bill Gates took my xbox series x order and used the money to buy crack, so now im not getting my xbox.

He actually gave it to charity so don’t get too mad

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

He actually gave it to charity so don’t get too mad

Charity, of course, being the name of his dealer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Charities designed to destroy public schools still count as charities i suppose

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That’s a funny term for mosquitos

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Real hurthling! posted:

I would recommend watching nx gamers breakdown of whats wrong with halo infinite. I found it very informative on exactly why the game seems to be having trouble scaling up to impress on next gen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3GFKJqndhc

What's wrong with Halo Infinite is that it's made by 343 studios which is full of poo poo developers and run by Bonnie Ross.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

univbee posted:

Charity, of course, being the name of his dealer.

Covid vaccine dealer?

Rad Valtar posted:

What's wrong with Halo Infinite is that it's made by 343 studios which is full of poo poo developers and run by Bonnie Ross.

I quite liked halo 5, never tried the single player but multi felt good. I was a big fan of the war zone and one of the real weirdos that loved breakout

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rad Valtar posted:

Yah but the specific decisions that entails

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Miles McCloud posted:

You need the Retroarch build from a few days ago:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xxzahekaysy9j8x/RetroArch_%2528v1.9.0%2529_%2528Build_4%2529.7z/file

This build added support for PS2 (but broke N64.) You also need to put bios in retroarch\system\pcsx2\bios.

You are my hero and I love you

Edit; I take it back it’s been removed already

quidditch it and quit it fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 27, 2020

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

quidditch it and quit it posted:

You are my hero and I love you

Edit; I take it back it’s been removed already
it's still there? i clicked it and it immediately downloaded a 400MB file so maybe there should be some warning on that link

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

Covid vaccine dealer?

It really is impossible to keep up with street names for drugs these days.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Is there no way to search through genres? I know the PS4 had the feature.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

On an Xbox, go to search (Y), then type something generic, like "game" or "xbox", press Menu for more, then X to filter and pick a genre from there. It's rather dumb.

You can't type genre names directly - "racing" works but not many others do.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Weirdly you can sort game pass by genre

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

ErrEff posted:

On an Xbox, go to search (Y), then type something generic, like "game" or "xbox", press Menu for more, then X to filter and pick a genre from there. It's rather dumb.

You can't type genre names directly - "racing" works but not many others do.

Thanks! This works.

What a puzzle

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Barudak posted:

Weirdly you can sort game pass by genre

Game Pass doesn’t think that RPG is a genre.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

doingitwrong posted:

Game Pass doesn’t think that RPG is a genre.
Because every game is an RPG now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FIFA is an RPG