Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ninjewtsu posted:

jujutsu kaisen is such a basic by the books shounen but a lot of the ususal boring poo poo associated with shounen got cut out and the fight scenes are very well done so it's pretty enjoyable to watch. also the ed is extremely stylish

i'm really glad they're not letting things like character flashbacks and backstories drag the show down constantly like shounen usually does

Like I said Im still enjoying it, but yeah I guess I was expecting all the fluff and bloat that normally come with these kinds of shows. Sukuna is a 100% Grade A rear end in a top hat, its great.

Also I went back and got caught up on DanMachi and honestly kind of glad I did. The Xenos are exactly what that show needed to get over some of the dumber parts of the cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Another trailer for the TWEWY anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY5ybJ7OEA4

Not liking how the Noise looks, but on the plus side more ALI :toot:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Is there some kind of remake or sequel of TWEWY coming out that explains why they're making an anime out of a 13 year old game?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Qwertycoatl posted:

Is there some kind of remake or sequel of TWEWY coming out that explains why they're making an anime out of a 13 year old game?

They got some sort of website that's been counting down.
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/7days/index.php

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ah that makes sense. Spring anime to get people ready for a summer game release

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

They got some sort of website that's been counting down.
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/7days/index.php

Officially announced now. It's a sequel.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1330889625829687296

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thvqIawz5lc

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
grats to sex icon minamimoto sho

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I can't believe we're actually getting TWEWY 2.

I just hope they somehow manage to make the combat as good as the original DS TWEWY release even though it's full 3D now.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Is TWEWY related to Kingdom Hearts in any way besides being made by the same company? I always thought it was one of the billion 3DS spinoffs, but now I'm not sure.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're not related.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm super excited, and I'm glad Minamoto is playable. I wonder where Neku is, though, and what the new girl's deal is. sorta figured she'd be the MC or something.

Epi Lepi posted:

Is TWEWY related to Kingdom Hearts in any way besides being made by the same company? I always thought it was one of the billion 3DS spinoffs, but now I'm not sure.

No, neku was in one of them though. It's as connected as any given FF game is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Epi Lepi posted:

Its not connected at all, and it was for the original ds.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GOTY if every character can still wear anything and it actually shows up on the characters in game.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
GOTY if i can date princess k

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They're not related.

Yet.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Some of the TWEWY characters showed up in Dream Drop Distance, but they're essentially alternative universe versions of the characters who have no relationship to the actual TWEWY. Except Joshua, I'm pretty sure

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The big twist in the latest Akudama Drive has me laughing like an idiot.

THE MOON ISN'T REAL FOOL

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I KNEW IT

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

As of the end of Kingdom Hearts 3, TWEWY is now part of the Nomura cinematic universe

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That was Verum Rex, not TWEWY.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Yashahime would be improved ten fold if Moroha was the MC, and she actually had a goal of wanting to find her parents. I just think that Towa and Setsuna are boring

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Willo567 posted:

Yashahime would be improved ten fold if Moroha was the MC, and she actually had a goal of wanting to find her parents. I just think that Towa and Setsuna are boring

Moroha is easily the best part of the show, yes.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

esselfortium posted:

Moroha is easily the best part of the show, yes.

I get that they wanted to do something different for the sequel, but the problem is that, as far as we know, the show is only 24 episodes long. That's not enough time for the audience to really get to know Towa and Setsuna, and why their relationship was/is special. Doesn't help that Setsuna isn't really too different from Sesshomaru, apart from being slightly nicer, while Moroha is a great combination of both of her parents.

Of course I could be wrong, and this gets another season, but the rushed pacing makes me think that won't be the case

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't know if I'd even call this rushed so much as a blanket statement of "it's bad". Things are happening but none of the important stuff is actually centered around any of the main characters.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Blockhouse posted:

I don't know if I'd even call this rushed so much as a blanket statement of "it's bad". Things are happening but none of the important stuff is actually centered around any of the main characters.

I meant with regards to the characters relationships with one another. The original show actually had the characters grow to care for one another, while here, things like Moroha and Setsuna become friends despite only knowing each other for maybe two episodes tops.

I'm not saying the original show was perfect by any means, but I can certainly say that it didn't feel rushed when it came to developing the character relationships

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I have to say I'm enjoying Yashahime far more than the original series, which tended to feel very padded and repetitive, and took itself too seriously too often at the expense of its more charming qualities. If Yashahime has a defined beginning and end that don't have 100+ episodes in between, that's great actually.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll_de/status/1332096802649120769?s=19

In/Spectre season 2 happening it looks like? pretty happy about that if it's legit, it's one that's really grown in my memory since it aired.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm down to watch that gremlin get owned some more, though I guess the policewoman ex is out of the picture now.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Hopefully this season has a bunch of story arcs instead of just one really long, drawn out one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

The big twist in the latest Akudama Drive has me laughing like an idiot.

THE MOON ISN'T REAL FOOL

Here's the thing though; Literally everyone had to have seen that throughout Kansai, so there's probably a whole lot of freaked-out people right now just for that one personal jab :stare:. My current theory is there's actually nobody alive in Kanto and they're all AI hoping to get new bodies. Either that or they're all sick from radiation poisoning/bioweapons/gently caress-knows-what with their tech, and hoping for a cure.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

Hopefully this season has a bunch of story arcs instead of just one really long, drawn out one.
It's literally the most :nallears:-worthy part of the manga/novels and I'm kinda glad they're "gambling" on continuing the series with a 2nd season, because the rest of the cases are far more fun.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Julias posted:

idr exact chapter counts but everything following s1's material has been a volume at most, while s1's main arc covered six volumes

so you'll get your wish

e: and while i liked how the end game of s1's material played out, i definitely think the smaller stories are to its benefit

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
In/Spectre was actually a pretty good Crunchy original and while it maybe dragged on a bit too much for its own good. The characters were super entertaining enough to make up for it and if the source material gets better from there I’m down for it. It wasn’t an amazing show but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I liked In/Spectre and am definitely down for a season two. In the thread everyone had the same complaint that they would have preferred several story arcs rather than one long one, hopefully a second season will give us what we want.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Yay for more In/Spectre!

Also, I haven't seen Heaven's Official Blessing discussed here so let me just say that it's some prima sort wuxia fun with very likeable characters and that it looks freaking gorgeous. It's like Thunderbolt Fantasy but no puppets, even gayer and seems to be a bit better about female characters

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope the Season 2 OP is good as the first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2qPiSi3rdw

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's the thing though; Literally everyone had to have seen that throughout Kansai, so there's probably a whole lot of freaked-out people right now just for that one personal jab :stare:. My current theory is there's actually nobody alive in Kanto and they're all AI hoping to get new bodies. Either that or they're all sick from radiation poisoning/bioweapons/gently caress-knows-what with their tech, and hoping for a cure.

That's what I'm thinking too after the flashback.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/lswzcd.webm

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 27, 2020

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
even better in context

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Very powerful snort by the voice actress IMO

Adbot