Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

haveblue posted:

the printed maps in the books are maps of florida with all the place names changed to fantasy ones.

oh lol well that makes it a lot easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

indigi posted:

He thought of Nina and her mellifluous buttocks that he used to love to bang. Even now his nano enhanced hearing could almost hear her vagina lips quivering with moisture and also pleasure, like a slice of synth-ham being tongued by one of Malaprop’s slamhounds. When he got back to City5, he was going to do some sex, no doubt about that. “That’s right doll” he said to nobody and the wind. They were going to do it hard. He smiled, blowing smoke from his nostrils. They were going to do it cyber hard.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"they were going to do it cyber hard" remains one of my all time favorite english language sentences

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

indigi posted:

yeah but like (picking a name at random) John Scalzi tweets twenty times a day and I doubt I’d be able to find my way to his doorstep without hiring a PI or something

i think scalzi is in ohio and i only know that because im from ohio so it stuck with me

same for ernie cline

piers using an altered map of florida is a solid spin on king's constant use of regional settings. i don't recall if there was one in the book I read but I do recall it was a bunch of computer jokes

e: loooooool it's demons dont dream and it's a better version of rp1:

Wikipedia posted:

Kim and Dug, two Mundane teenagers, play a mysterious computer game that magically transports them to the realm of Xanth to compete for a one-of-a-kind prize: a magical talent.

it lacks pop culture masturbation and has terrible pun names that should be emptyquoted in the cyberpunk names thread like Com Pewter and Bugweed which was probably why i finished the book

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

asscheeks that flow like honey

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

This thread: argh noo my virgin eyes

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

qirex posted:

"they were going to do it cyber hard" remains one of my all time favorite english language sentences

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lol hbo just dumped joss whedon off of his big comeback series ("the nevers")

https://news.avclub.com/hbos-the-nevers-parts-ways-with-creator-joss-whedon-1845759753

quote:

HBO’s upcoming sci-fi series The Nevers has finally been forced to follow in the footsteps of so many of us tonight, taking a deep breath, acknowledging the good times we had, and then cutting Joss Whedon the gently caress on out of our lives. This is per THR, which reports that the HBO show has “parted ways” with its high-profile creator, who had previously pitched the series as his big return to TV for the first time since Dollhouse went off the air back in 2010.
good riddance

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FMguru posted:

https://news.avclub.com/hbos-the-nevers-parts-ways-with-creator-joss-whedon-1845759753

good riddance

lol he went back to the “waifs who kick rear end” well, this is like tarantino levels of making your fetishes as entertainment

e: kate beaton had his number way back

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FMguru posted:

good riddance

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Cas Anvar got dumped from season 6 of The Expanse.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
every time

Anvar affirms that he seeks out stories where he can convey his values: "I have a lot of passion for women's rights, domestic abuse, bullying".[12]

In June 2020, Alcon Entertainment hired an independent firm to investigate multiple allegations of sexual harassment and assault made against Anvar.[13][14] In November 2020, it was announced that while The Expanse had been renewed for a sixth and final season, Anvar would not be returning amid these allegations.[15]

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

i wonder if they’ll recast. also how they’re gonna wrap up the series either way, probably won’t be following the books too closely

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

indigi posted:

i wonder if they’ll recast. also how they’re gonna wrap up the series either way, probably won’t be following the books too closely

They've gone through at least 2 Arjuns so far. They can probably work something out with the 40 year time skip that occurs between the later books.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Anvar affirms that he seeks out stories where he can convey his values: "I have a lot of passion for domestic abuse, bullying"

:hmmyes: Well technically he didn't lie

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

They've gone through at least 2 Arjuns so far. They can probably work something out with the 40 year time skip that occurs between the later books.

I think they’re doing that skip in season 5 based on the promo shots of Holden with gray hair

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Watched some lynch dune today

so many people just die without doing anything

i guess pietr stabs dr yueh but then he just gets letoed in the face immediately after

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

indigi posted:

yeah but like (picking a name at random) John Scalzi tweets twenty times a day and I doubt I’d be able to find my way to his doorstep without hiring a PI or something

it would take about ten minutes of googling public records. how many Scalzis are there in sisterfuck county, ohio?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePSuzeXYnM4

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
king of the hill plus anime is very good imo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frKyaFTeC7c

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

lol

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

To the writer:

........ never NEVER use "ham" in the context of talking about a vagina

no!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

almost as bad as beefswelling

what is it with authors and using food to describe sex 😬😬😬😬

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you don't like ham?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

alexandriao posted:

To the writer:

........ never NEVER use "ham" in the context of talking about a vagina

no!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!

that's because the proper metaphor is obviously roast beef. specifically, curtains thereof.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m dyin to tongue some synth ham tbh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

this is wild

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I just watched the trailer for The Batman, seems kind of lovely

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

indigi posted:

I just watched the trailer for The Batman, seems kind of lovely

batman as a concept is pretty busted in 2020 they need him to go after corrupt cops or other wealthy people or something, beating up random “criminal” goons and it actually having some kind of effect is a very dated idea imo

plus they just keep trying to get more grimdark and “tWiStEd” which is always a losing strategy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah, it seems like they don't even get the character anymore, and just want him to be Totally Badass. when he says "I am vengeance" I was like what that is explicitly not what Batman is

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i liked batman when i was a kid, but i can't handle it any more. he wears a hat with little bat ears on it and prances around with a big dumb cape, and they try to make that dark and cool. i just can't take that seriously.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Moore, Ennis, Gaiman, and co were the best and worst thing to happen to comics in the 90s.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

not bothered watching any batman movies since the heath ledger joker one, as it pretty perfectly captured the idea of two mentally ill people extra-legally warring with each other. no idea how many of the good themes in that movie were intended, but they all worked really well regardless.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i never got around to the third batman, the one with tom hardy

it came out when i was way past giving a poo poo about superheroes (im very old and mature)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Carthag Tuek posted:

it came out when i was way past giving a poo poo about superheroes (im very old and mature)

other than bane being basically awesome and the hero (of my heart) you picked a good time to get out

now the harley quinn cartoon otoh

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

the third one is an absolute mess as a story but worth watching imo just for Hardy’s performance as Bane, the first action set piece (which you’ve probably already seen), and Tom Lennon as Bruce Wayne’s doctor

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

the third one was pretty dumb. towards the end, while trying to save gotham from anarchy, mr. batman found time all by himself to set up a giant pyrotechnic bat signal display on the side of a skyscraper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i really loved the bill seinkewicz elektra assassin and I wish they'd make a movie out of it like they made a movie out of sin city