Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is anybody listening to Denise Salcedo's show each week? I tried the first couple of weeks but while I enjoy her enthusiasm the format of the show really isn't for me at all - I'm assuming this is a twitch/streamer thing where it's kind of expected that you constantly reference things happening in the chat/thank people for subscribing or commenting etc but for me it just breaks down the flow of the entire show. Or maybe I'm just one of those wretched olds?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ow saying he sounds rough is an understatement

If you do listen to his previous appearance a few weeks ago, the improvement really is quite something though. He's got a long road ahead but it's amazing he's doing so well, and I loved his line about being 5-0 against death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't reach that show but that's very much a steamer thing. I don't get it but I acknowledge that I probably don't get it because I'm not looking for the weird one sided relationship thing a lot of streaming fans are looking for.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Is anybody listening to Denise Salcedo's show each week? I tried the first couple of weeks but while I enjoy her enthusiasm the format of the show really isn't for me at all - I'm assuming this is a twitch/streamer thing where it's kind of expected that you constantly reference things happening in the chat/thank people for subscribing or commenting etc but for me it just breaks down the flow of the entire show. Or maybe I'm just one of those wretched olds?

Had the same issue when i tried to watch it doesn't work as just an audio thing it just feels like a show you need to be watching live on twitch to actually enjoy fully.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

I'm assuming this is a twitch/streamer thing where it's kind of expected that you constantly reference things happening in the chat

I already listen to Wrestling Observer Live.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Resubbed on the Black Friday deal and goddamn I'm already tearing up at this Jim interview. Telling people to be grateful for what they have and that Thanksgiving is just a day on the calendar is so true and I really wish people would internalize that this year. Especially from someone who's had a really tough year like Jim.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Resubbed on the Black Friday deal and goddamn I'm already tearing up at this Jim interview. Telling people to be grateful for what they have and that Thanksgiving is just a day on the calendar is so true and I really wish people would internalize that this year. Especially from someone who's had a really tough year like Jim.

This. I was so happy to hear Jim and that he's doing better.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

MJFs review of wrestling podcasts starting with POST Wrestling

https://twitter.com/the_mjf/status/1332370282443575296?s=21

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TV Zombie posted:

Holy lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Died at the Patreon comment.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I knew it was going to be good after that opening paragraph.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

This is so good. Maybe a little hard on the misogyny but I think most will realize it's schtick.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I kinda think it would be better schtick if this was the only podcast he reviewed. I feel like future reviews would just be repeating the same schtick over again.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MJF rate the Pisscast

RIP Pisscast

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
MJF - MRT feud, book it coward Tony.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1332478082645684227?s=19

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I cannot imagine this would be fun past the first few episodes if its just MJF in character making GBS threads on "mark journalists" or whatever. Even with Ricky adding a bit of his charisma.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I cannot imagine this would be fun past the first few episodes if its just MJF in character making GBS threads on "mark journalists" or whatever. Even with Ricky adding a bit of his charisma.

The next one is Marty and Sarah and they not only know each other but their podcast would invite completely different jokes/criticism than POST. More broadly, I don't think you have to worry about MJF of all people running out of material.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

flashy_mcflash posted:

The next one is Marty and Sarah and they not only know each other but their podcast would invite completely different jokes/criticism than POST. More broadly, I don't think you have to worry about MJF of all people running out of material.

Marty and Sarah used "mjfsucks" as a promo code for years, so they'd definitely be down for some back and forth hijinks.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lol

https://twitter.com/wai0937/status/1332505132425240577

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Fresh Rudocast up talking NOAH, AEW, and NJPW. Plus the hosts give their favorite dancing gimmick and speculate on who attacked Mox last week.

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1332731350575587332?s=19

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I did a thing!
https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1332326033824112641

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
This one is a treat for old-school ROH fans, as we're joined by Lenny Leonard for an extended ROH section that includes the premiere of the Man Up PPV as well as the Reckless Abandon/Unscripted III weekend taking place in real time.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1333293080162807809

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I need Bryan's idea about Kip winning the battle Royal and having to fight every year for his wife's ring to become a reality.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

davidbix posted:

This one is a treat for old-school ROH fans, as we're joined by Lenny Leonard for an extended ROH section that includes the premiere of the Man Up PPV as well as the Reckless Abandon/Unscripted III weekend taking place in real time.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1333293080162807809

God, Morishima was so loving good, it sucks that life turned to poo poo for him :smith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he was such a great champion for how he was booked. loved his squash matches.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnG-N5cWADs

Pollock interviewing Meltzer about his 97 yearbook which just ends up being a bunch of talk about 97 as a whole.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

How could Bryan and co. forget Test's awesome Running Big Boot finisher when they were trying to think of Lugz Boot of the Week choices?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PIqlrqrhbY

Legit one of my favorite finishers of all time. So simple yet he made it look and sound absolutely brutal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I was straight up convinced Bryan was gonna tell us he ate cat food on the latest B&V Show. :lol:

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Bunch of good podcast content out in the last week.

Oral Sessions with Renee with Josh Barnett was excellent. Samoa Joe and Moxley send each other weapons from cold steel in the mail. Moxley was getting Renee to buy him watermelons from the shops so he could slice them up with his rubber sjambok.

AEW Unrestricted had Anna Jay, several funny bits including her being given a Dark Order mask then Tony (possibly after hearing Dave and Bryan wondering if she would wear a mask, then deciding it’d be ridiculous) immediately telling them to take the mask off and bin it.

Talk is Jericho had QT Marshall. Really worth a listen, bunch of insights into AEW backstage. QT has had an interesting career, passionate about getting the respect of his peers, he got hired as Codys assistant and has basically fallen into being a major part of their production staff. Very disarmingly frank about his own shortcomings and lack fo experience.

He’s running the wrestling school, which he has kitted out after the design of the pandemic shows there so his trainees can get better experience. Really wants to run a small Indy so some of the newer workers can get some more experience.
Does first draft layouts of the show, agents matches, organises the extra talent for Dark outside of special bookings, helps out with booking and catering issues, seems like a key player.

Some great stories, he apparently took down an email from Cody, Googled how to send a professional email and signed it “from the desk of Cody Rhodes” which the Bucks and Tony Khan say caused some major heat inside the company.

Also was complaining he didn’t get to wrestle on the six pandemic shows, because Tony told him “I need you beside me on the desk running the show.”

Cody also on his AEW Unrestricted mentioned jokingly he was sick of his assistant being more important to the show than him, so I think key player is accurate.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dave just had to say something bad will happen since he is never this far ahead with the newsletter on Monday.

Way to go Dave

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
yeah Patterson

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HidaO-Win posted:

Bunch of good podcast content out in the last week.

Oral Sessions with Renee with Josh Barnett was excellent. Samoa Joe and Moxley send each other weapons from cold steel in the mail. Moxley was getting Renee to buy him watermelons from the shops so he could slice them up with his rubber sjambok.

AEW Unrestricted had Anna Jay, several funny bits including her being given a Dark Order mask then Tony (possibly after hearing Dave and Bryan wondering if she would wear a mask, then deciding it’d be ridiculous) immediately telling them to take the mask off and bin it.

Talk is Jericho had QT Marshall. Really worth a listen, bunch of insights into AEW backstage. QT has had an interesting career, passionate about getting the respect of his peers, he got hired as Codys assistant and has basically fallen into being a major part of their production staff. Very disarmingly frank about his own shortcomings and lack fo experience.

He’s running the wrestling school, which he has kitted out after the design of the pandemic shows there so his trainees can get better experience. Really wants to run a small Indy so some of the newer workers can get some more experience.
Does first draft layouts of the show, agents matches, organises the extra talent for Dark outside of special bookings, helps out with booking and catering issues, seems like a key player.

Some great stories, he apparently took down an email from Cody, Googled how to send a professional email and signed it “from the desk of Cody Rhodes” which the Bucks and Tony Khan say caused some major heat inside the company.

Also was complaining he didn’t get to wrestle on the six pandemic shows, because Tony told him “I need you beside me on the desk running the show.”

Cody also on his AEW Unrestricted mentioned jokingly he was sick of his assistant being more important to the show than him, so I think key player is accurate.

QT is one of my favorite TiJ interviews. He's very funny, and very relatable. "All I want is the respect of my peers" and then whenever he gets any recognition or respect he's like "No not like this!" That and he talks about how he has all of his side businesses in his business partners names since he probably isn't allowed to do that with his contract. (He's fine but if he really was doing something AEW disapproved of I am not sure he should admit it on a podcast!)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Anna Jay Unrestricted is really good. I was impressed by how humble and self-aware she was. Being a very attractive person who was hotshotted into a live Dynamite show for her 7th match ever could be a recipe for ego disaster but she really has her head together.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Bryan and vinny talking about the TNA online store right now.

edit- Actually that link doesn't go to f4w's youtube account so I'm taking it away!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you can post youtubes to clips its okay i promise. if it was something more devious, then i'm sorry

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

you can post youtubes to clips its okay i promise. if it was something more devious, then i'm sorry

I clicked on it, it was someone trying to get channel views by "broadcasting" an old episode. It was goofy and weird.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sounds good.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

I clicked on it, it was someone trying to get channel views by "broadcasting" an old episode. It was goofy and weird.

that is bad. i'm proud of the mod for editing it out now

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Even worse that I thought it was genuinely live. My shame runs deep tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sounds bad i meant.