Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

awesmoe posted:

honestly this goes a long way to explain why i refuse to consider parking beidou and her wolf's gravestone
C0 Beidou with Wolf's Gravestone should be better DPS than any other 4* with any 4* weapon so I think your choice is wise! 5 star weapons are cool because they let you make correct unusual choices, its a bit of a shame they're not something most players will ever interact with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

non-weekly boss drop quality doesn't go up with world level 7 and 8 and you basically triple the HP of the average mob going from world level 6 to 8

a sore point in this game's design is that artifact loot doesn't get uniformly better for the player as you play because you can roll HP% DEF% as main stats 80% of the time and be up poo poo creek with only blues and purples equipped and nonstop DEF rolls on your substats at WL7

not to mention a lot of people make it to world level 6 not knowing what artifacts even mean for them

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It does go up with WL7. Streamers have talked about how golds are more likely to drop + you have a (very very low) chance at hitting the big gemstone.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I kinda blew my chances at Zhongli by pulling Childe which is unfortunate because I have a Skyward Spine just sitting in my inventory taunting me.

It's doing the same thing to me. I want more Ning constellations, but I have three from this banner and I'm at like 66 pulls towards pity. Just need to hold tight for BD* Zhong.

*big dong

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Crusher posted:

To be fair that is a top tier color coordination fashion weapon for her. Just like Tartaglia and Rust, goes together SO so well.

On this topic, I am mildly annoyed that the ascended Rust doesn't coordinate with him as well as the base version, due to tinting the gray parts gold and such. It still works but the base one fits even better.

Conveniently, the Sacrificial Bow is also the best-looking bow for Diona on top of just being her best bow. Dragon's Bane for support Xiangling works well too. And of course the game's media itself seems to have adopted the Prototype Rancour as the Traveler's sword, which works both aesthetically (especially with Geo Aether) and it actually being a weapon you're guaranteed to get.

I've also given Jean the Flute specifically over the other swords I have that'd be more or less the same for her because it looks the best with her out of the options.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
When this game gets inevitable outfit skins for characters I am going to cave in extremely hard. The character models are insanely good quality (The iris in a character's eyes even adjusts as they blink) and whatever cosmetics they pump out will look incredible I'm sure.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
My only five star weapon is a catalyst, and my only catalyst users are Barbara and Lisa :negative:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

The Crusher posted:

When this game gets inevitable outfit skins for characters I am going to cave in extremely hard. The character models are insanely good quality (The iris in a character's eyes even adjusts as they blink) and whatever cosmetics they pump out will look incredible I'm sure.

the models are good quality but Do Not promote healthy body-image

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Are C3 Noelle or C3 Sucrose good enough that I must level them? They are my only high-constellation toons but neither one feels that fun to me so I haven't bothered with them very much.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

awesmoe posted:

every day I spiral further into depression knowing I'll never have an rear end like Kaeya's

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Corla Plankun posted:

Are C3 Noelle or C3 Sucrose good enough that I must level them? They are my only high-constellation toons but neither one feels that fun to me so I haven't bothered with them very much.

Depends on what you need but both characters are gonna be really good at that number of constellations.

Sucrose having 2 charges of her skill and an extra 2s on her burst (which basically equates to 1 extra pulse and makes it last exactly as long as Venti's burst) makes her an incredible anemo support for grouping up enemies and swirling them to poo poo with elemental procs.

Noelle becomes a very consistent healer with her C1 and her C2 lets her be real good at spinning to win, especially during the burst duration. She's also the tankiest character in the game when built correctly.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Corla Plankun posted:

Sucrose is pretty fun. You just use her E and Q and swap out of her. Noelle C3 is still imo pretty blah so I skip her (I have C3 as well).

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

awesmoe posted:

at the risk of stating the extremely obvious, it's anime.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if your only other anemo character is the MC, Sucrose is a big upgrade when it comes to anemo support. great for grouping and interrupting smaller enemies and quickly applies Venerer debuffs in a wide area. i'd agree she doesn't make the best first impression, but i felt like investing in her paid off back when she was only C0 and getting additional copies only improved that.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like I may have asked something like this before, but is there a good way to know when your party members' have skills off cool-down? It's obviously simple to just switch to them when their bursts are ready, but I don't exactly have a perfect mental clock that can keep track of this stuff (and using skills generates elemental orbs to use bursts, so it seems important). Do people generally just use both the skill and burst when the burst is ready?

This isn't a very helpful answer, but it's true: skills are almost entirely a rhythm thing. If all you care about is the ult (Venti) you can go E->Q to allow the particles from the E to get back to you while you're doing your Q and give you back a partial charge immediately. With stacked ER characters this can be a huge chunk of your ult meter recovered for free. It's almost always worth sitting around for a second after you pop a skill to charge your ult with the resulting particles.

In the case of characters with useful skills (anyone with a buff, deployable, or reaction setup) you just get used to mentally timing it with whatever your carry is doing to gap fill. You're probably using one or two consistent attack strings so you visually time it to expect character X to have their skill back after Y happens. You don't need to hit every skill on cooldown (though it's great if that works out!) but you do need to be in a constant setup->execute loop to refill meters and do tons of damage.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 28, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Sucrose is a better and more fun support to use than Venti, unless you really need an OP vacuum ability that makes hitting with melee annoying.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

gandlethorpe posted:

Sucrose is a better and more fun support to use than Venti, unless you really need an OP vacuum ability that makes hitting with melee annoying.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that likes Sucrose more than Venti.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I only have C0 sucrose

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tae posted:

I only have C0 sucrose

Condolences. She should still be useful, but I can't think of any C1 more essential than Sucrose's.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
A hilarious thing I discovered while exploring the Liyue ruins is that shorter characters will be forced to swim in pools of water most other characters can stand in.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Like an Idiot for Klee's quest, I kept running into the lasers instead of just using Klee to run under them.

Are there other combos besides super conduct or is that the most effective? I ask because I'm not eager to jave Kaeya in my party all the time.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Remember that if you don't have Diluc or Childe you need to roll hard on the Zhongli banner as it'll be your last chance for a bit to get a tall character. :v:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
If I want to enter a battle with my ultimates fully charged up on everyone, I enter the Golden House domain and proceed to use autoattacks via the favonius bow. Then I leave after everyone's ultimates are charged up. Anyone else got a more efficient strategy? It has been my strategy especially if I do not want to lose health, as I have mastered how to get hit in that domain.

Amuys posted:

A hilarious thing I discovered while exploring the Liyue ruins is that shorter characters will be forced to swim in pools of water most other characters can stand in.

Yes height matters in depth in bodies of water and scaling a mountain.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mailer posted:

Remember that if you don't have Diluc or Childe you need to roll hard on the Zhongli banner as it'll be your last chance for a bit to get a tall character. :v:

1.2 is gonna drop that cryo artifact set and Kaeya will surely get his time to shine. he even has the sprinting passive!

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

Like an Idiot for Klee's quest, I kept running into the lasers instead of just using Klee to run under them.

Are there other combos besides super conduct or is that the most effective? I ask because I'm not eager to jave Kaeya in my party all the time.

there's an elemental combo chart in the OP. what's "most effective" is going to depend on your available characters

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

dogsicle posted:

1.2 is gonna drop that cryo artifact set and Kaeya will surely get his time to shine. he even has the sprinting passive!

Keaya's potential for a DPSer is actually best done through physical damage, so it might be awkward trying to make the set work for him, whatever final state it ends up being

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Mailer posted:

Height is overrated! (I don't have any of those characters and am on my fifth dupe weapon).

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Some Numbers posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only person that likes Sucrose more than Venti.

There are dozens of us.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Keaya's potential for a DPSer is actually best done through physical damage, so it might be awkward trying to make the set work for him, whatever final state it ends up being

mostly joking, though i wouldn't say no to giving him a spin if the set does pan out. none of his current options are awe-inspiring but maybe i just dislike Gladiator's 2pc more than most despite the excellent 4pc effect. nothing great to mix with a Chivalry 2pc either.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

dogsicle posted:

Once Kaeya has a banner and a cryo set (and we stop having herpderp pyro meta) I feel like he's going to be leading at least an Abyss B team. The problem is we're probably going to get a better cryo support/carry before he gets that chance. :/

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Mailer posted:

Once Kaeya has a banner and a cryo set (and we stop having herpderp pyro meta) I feel like he's going to be leading at least an Abyss B team. The problem is we're probably going to get a better cryo support/carry before he gets that chance. :/

I feel like mihoyo backed themselves into a corner with the way they designed elemental reactions. Unless they change the numbers (they won't), pyro is always going to be the strongest. The only thing that might shake it is if characters come out and their skills interact with it in new ways that become the new meta.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Crusher posted:

The character models are insanely good quality (The iris in a character's eyes even adjusts as they blink) and whatever cosmetics they pump out will look incredible I'm sure.

It's a dumb thing to be annoyed by but I'm starting to be bothered by the fact that everyone's clothes are always fluttering around while they're standing still even while inside.

That and everybody breathes with their whole body. It's especially weird with Zhongli (I just finished the big Liyue story mission).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to future updates in our ever evolving quest to become the Avatar. I hope they fix the lip flaps and audio in future updates. That and the quick wheel just going to the entirely wrong menu are what's been bugging me the most lately.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
My account got stolen on Tuesday, and I am going to recommend everyone here go into their account and link their phone number and email address. Allegedly this makes it a lot harder to steal someone's account, and I certainly hadn't done it.

I provided overwhelming proof that the account was mine in my initial ticket, then they replied to the ticket with a request for a ton more information. Every interaction on the ticket was met with a 8-10 hour delay before the next response from them, even if I replied to them within 5 minutes. On Wednesday they confirmed they had everything they needed to recover my account from whoever stole it.

Today I got a reply asking me to follow up with them on Tuesday.

MiHoYo's support is painfully slow at recovering a stolen account. They can have absolutely overwhelming proof that you owned the account and will still take over a week to change the username and password on your account so you can get back in and the thief can't.

I am pretty sure whoever stole my account (or whatever sucker bought it from them) probably spent all my primogems, all my crystals, and all my fragile resin.

I also will have missed the second half of the current event.

This is beyond irritating having to deal with this.

If you do have your account stolen, expect to provide the following information:

1) UID, account username or nickname, level and Server

2) Email address, Phone number or other 3rd accounts (Facebook, Twitter etc.) that bound to this UID:

3) Register date, location and device

4) Device info of last log-in and location (If it not matching, no assistance)

5) Date and timing of last log-in

6) Usual location (city) of log-in and usual devices

7) Screenshot of All purchase, must have to include order number of payment, date and Packages that recently of purchased (If this account has been topped-up, then this piece of information is required, otherwise no assistance will be given)

8) Game info:

A) eg. characters (If you have 5 star characters do inform us of the name and level of the character)

B) 5-star weapons that you own

9) Other info that could be used as proof of the belonging of acct.

10) Specs of your computer and model of your phone

If you reply to them without providing all that information, expect them to chastise you for delaying the process and requesting it again.

Mistikman fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 28, 2020

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Did you get phished?

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
I did not, but I was stupid and used a password that had been compromised in the past that would have been clearly tied to the email address I registered with due to the leaks.

That said, there are plenty of people reporting getting their accounts stolen who were a lot more secure in that respect, so I suspect there is some kind of vulnerability on the MiHoYo side they haven't admitted to yet.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Lechtansi posted:

I feel like mihoyo backed themselves into a corner with the way they designed elemental reactions. Unless they change the numbers (they won't), pyro is always going to be the strongest. The only thing that might shake it is if characters come out and their skills interact with it in new ways that become the new meta.

meta is always going to get shaken up in gacha games, they want you forever chasing new team comps.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dendro's introduction could change any number of things, so it's hard to say how they'll shift it. cryo and electro seem to be in fairly weird places, pyro and hydro seem fine mechanically but obviously they should tone down the pyro bias when it comes to content/characters going forward. geo and anemo are thin now but seem fine.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Height is overrated! (I don't have any of those characters and am on my fifth dupe weapon).

You still have Kaeya.
You all still have Kaeya.

Also Sucrose 4 Lyfe, she collects bones and has SO MUCH AOE.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I DID IT! I FINALLY BROKE THE STREAK, I GOT A NEW CHARACTER AND IT WASN'T NINGGUANG!

IT'S XINGQIU BUT HEY, IT'S A DIFFERENT CHARACTER AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Lechtansi posted:

Abyss 12 being what it is doesn't help, but you have to assume there will be more floors at some point. It's also possible literally none of this matters financially because people are going to whale on their favorite animes regardless of any technical gameplay aspects.