Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Mistikman posted:

I did not, but I was stupid and used a password that had been compromised in the past that would have been clearly tied to the email address I registered with due to the leaks.

That said, there are plenty of people reporting getting their accounts stolen who were a lot more secure in that respect, so I suspect there is some kind of vulnerability on the MiHoYo side they haven't admitted to yet.

That's so weird- what's the profit motive behind stealing a single player account? Is there some kind of trade function between players that I don't know about? I feel like the only thing you could do would be to sell the account itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

That's so weird- what's the profit motive behind stealing a single player account? Is there some kind of trade function between players that I don't know about? I feel like the only thing you could do would be to sell the account itself.

I don't know how scams work either, I imagine they try getting in anywhere they can and hoping that the entire PS4 account can be hacked and the passwords are all the same.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

The Crusher posted:

When this game gets inevitable outfit skins for characters I am going to cave in extremely hard. The character models are insanely good quality (The iris in a character's eyes even adjusts as they blink) and whatever cosmetics they pump out will look incredible I'm sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOpOeE2OD6g

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Sarsapariller posted:

I guess you could sell the account with good characters to someone who really wants those characters and doesn't want to reroll endlessly for them

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Lechtansi posted:

I feel like mihoyo backed themselves into a corner with the way they designed elemental reactions. Unless they change the numbers (they won't), pyro is always going to be the strongest. The only thing that might shake it is if characters come out and their skills interact with it in new ways that become the new meta.

Yeah, I am pretty sure I posted a similar sentiment early in the thread.

Making logical sense doesn't always lead to good game design.

Slimes are the perfect enemies to test elements against, since they are basically pure representatives of that element.

Fire shreds cryo slimes, electro slimes, dendro slimes, does good damage vs hydro slimes.

Geo and Anemo slimes are a bit different, as you need heavy damage vs Geo slimes and something to do damage to anemo slimes when they balloon up to instakill them.

No element other than Pyro is universally effective against every element other than itself.

Pyro + Electro reaction causes Pyro damage, so Electro is already less effective vs Pyro since the reaction would be resisted

Hydro + Electro reaction causes Electro damage, so Hydro is not great vs Electro, and Hydro does straight up no damage to Cryo slimes.

This makes Hydro by far the weakest element, with the sole exception being that it is the most effective vs the strongest element, Pyro, which ends up becoming a powerful use case as a backup element to Pyro.

I could see 2 main elemental combos for team comps: Electro + Cryo for a physical damage based comp, and Pyro+Hydro for an elemental damage based comp.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Mistikman posted:

That said, there are plenty of people reporting getting their accounts stolen who were a lot more secure in that respect

Supposedly.

Sarsapariller posted:

They sell the account.

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know how scams work either, I imagine they try getting in anywhere they can and hoping that the entire PS4 account can be hacked and the passwords are all the same.

Those of us playing on PS4/PS5 can't have our Genshin accounts stolen at all, because they can't be linked to the website like PC/Mobile so there is no user/password to guess. They are solely tied to the PSN account.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Magus42 posted:

Those of us playing on PS4/PS5 can't have our Genshin accounts stolen at all, because they can't be linked to the website like PC/Mobile so there is no user/password to guess. They are solely tied to the PSN account.

Oh phew, so I am safe after all.

Anyway, any advice on leveling up weapons? I'm sitting on a lvl 60 Prototype Rancour and to hit 70 with this thing would take 87 mystic ores so I'm assuming there's a better way that I don't know about. I'm at AR 39 right now trying to have the materials on hand so I can at least ascend him immediately even if leveling him up will get more stupidly expensive.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Mistikman posted:

This makes Hydro by far the weakest element, with the sole exception being that it is the most effective vs the strongest element, Pyro, which ends up becoming a powerful use case as a backup element to Pyro.

I could see 2 main elemental combos for team comps: Electro + Cryo for a physical damage based comp, and Pyro+Hydro for an elemental damage based comp.

Taken in isolation Hydro is weak, but that's assuming single elements. If all characters could arbitrarily switch elements you'd still have Pyro on top.

When you start talking about reactions and getting into the big numbers, it would be Melt comps for pyro triggers and Vaporize for hydro triggers and... I guess still Superconduct if you have a character with enough physical to keep up. We don't have the characters for that, but we do have Klee/Diluc, so you're running pyro vape comps purely because Xingqui exists. If an ice XQ gets released then Diluc gets even better. If a fire XQ and a great hydro carry get released then there's competition.

The bigger thing is I don't care about the bulk of the cast. I don't want Xiao because he's an anemo carry. I don't want geo or electro. I don't want a cryo carry unless it is basically Chongyun without the conversion downside for endless freeze->superconduct->shatter and even then I'm not sure that'd keep up against multiplicative elemental scaling indefinitely. It's something that'd be solved over multiple balance passes normally but when people have blown thousands to get characters... that's scary.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Anyway, any advice on leveling up weapons? I'm sitting on a lvl 60 Prototype Rancour and to hit 70 with this thing would take 87 mystic ores so I'm assuming there's a better way that I don't know about. I'm at AR 39 right now trying to have the materials on hand so I can at least ascend him immediately even if leveling him up will get more stupidly expensive.

I think you can only really mine crystals and white iron and forge them.

If you do it in co op, they drop for everyone nearby. If your world is picked clean, join some random games of low level players and offer to show them your favorite spots, or ask if it's ok for you to go out mining on your own.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

nope, you just shovel ore into them. BP is always a good source, the current event has a nice stack of them in the shop, and you'll get small amounts passively from commissions and other quests. you'll want to stay on top of your 20h mining expeditions as well. there's a bunch of crystal to mine out in the world depending on how tedious you find that, it's normally on a 72hr respawn timer but the new magic ore veins cause some crystal ore to respawn daily as well, so you can get a little bit there. the blacksmiths will mark some locations on the map for you each day when asked, though they're always in the same few places so you could make your own map pins/memorize them. there are a few ore veins they don't seem to ever mark though, maybe to reward exploration.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Mailer posted:

Taken in isolation Hydro is weak, but that's assuming single elements. If all characters could arbitrarily switch elements you'd still have Pyro on top.

When you start talking about reactions and getting into the big numbers, it would be Melt comps for pyro triggers and Vaporize for hydro triggers and... I guess still Superconduct if you have a character with enough physical to keep up. We don't have the characters for that, but we do have Klee/Diluc, so you're running pyro vape comps purely because Xingqui exists. If an ice XQ gets released then Diluc gets even better. If a fire XQ and a great hydro carry get released then there's competition.

The bigger thing is I don't care about the bulk of the cast. I don't want Xiao because he's an anemo carry. I don't want geo or electro. I don't want a cryo carry unless it is basically Chongyun without the conversion downside for endless freeze->superconduct->shatter and even then I'm not sure that'd keep up against multiplicative elemental scaling indefinitely. It's something that'd be solved over multiple balance passes normally but when people have blown thousands to get characters... that's scary.

They could buff the cryo and electro reactions to be more in line with hydro & pyro, that way no one gets nerfed and a bunch of characters get buffed while also balancing things out. That's how FGO does this, older & weaker characters get buffed periodically so even if you roll a "bad" character there is a decent chance that they will get buffs down the line and eventually be pretty good.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Vargs posted:

You can get more mileage out of her regular attacks if you hold a movement direction while using them. It shortens the animation, allowing you to get them out more quickly. Then after 2-3 normal attacks, you stop holding a direction and charge attack. I find the damage to be pretty decent, particularly since it's ranged and aoe, though Ningguang relies pretty heavily on spamming her double E and her extremely easily-charged Q.

Thank you for that movement tip, I'm surprised how much difference it makes. Is there any other character with useful animation tricks? The only one I know dashing out of razor's last combo hit or using e, but that one is very obvious.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

awesmoe posted:

the models are good quality but Do Not promote healthy body-image

I'm getting surgery to make my eyes huge and grind my nose down to a nub

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Ashenai posted:

I'm getting surgery to make my eyes huge and grind my nose down to a nub

You jest, but

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Kind of a weird question, but I'm not losing out on anything critical by not killing the strange hilichurls, right? They're just doing their thing and don't attack me, I don't wanna hurt them. v:shobon:v

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

The Crusher posted:

When this game gets inevitable outfit skins for characters I am going to cave in extremely hard. The character models are insanely good quality (The iris in a character's eyes even adjusts as they blink) and whatever cosmetics they pump out will look incredible I'm sure.

These were both teased in offical Mihoyo videos, but who knows if they will actually come to the game.

Also some youtuber(demone) said to save your prototype weapon mats for a few weeks because something is coming but he can't said yet due to the NDA. Hopefully it's an easy way to refine 4*/5* weapons besides using dupes.

moush fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Nov 28, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

moush posted:

Also some youtuber(demone) said to save your prototype weapon mats for a few weeks because something is coming but he can't said yet due to the NDA. Hopefully it's an easy way to refine 4*/5* weapons besides using dupes.

RIP, I just used two catalysts last night

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

RIP, I just used two catalysts last night

Good thing I have that bow prototype I've been holding on to :|

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

AParadox posted:

Thank you for that movement tip, I'm surprised how much difference it makes. Is there any other character with useful animation tricks? The only one I know dashing out of razor's last combo hit or using e, but that one is very obvious.

Klee is one of the most notable ones, as everything she does can be animation canceled; really good timing can repeat the first attack of her three-hit normal attack combo, which is "optimal", or you can just jump after the second attack and ends up being worth doing even if you can do the former with frame-perfect timing because sometimes you need to chase down enemies you blow away, jump away from attacks, etc. The latter is also much easier and only slightly less damage.

This video goes into it with exact numbers, it's a big DPS increase but she's still good without this stuff, especially since more of her damage comes from stuff like her charge attacks.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ughhhh finally :negative:

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
Question for pulls, is surcose limited or can I still hope to roll for her? I heard her c1 is good but never got a dupe for the previous banner.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Fruity20 posted:

Question for pulls, is surcose limited or can I still hope to roll for her? I heard her c1 is good but never got a dupe for the previous banner.

She's not limited so you could run into her in the future while rolling for someone else.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Fruity20 posted:

The only limited ones so far are Venti, Klee, and Childe. The rest are on every banner.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Tsyni posted:

The only limited ones so far are Venti, Klee, and Childe. The rest are on every banner.

I think Diona is also limited, although possibly she'll be added to the Wanderlust (basic) banner after the Childe banner is gone? I think she's the first 4* who's exclusive to her banner, I'm not sure how they're going to handle her (and future banner-exclusive 4*s like Xinyan).

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 28, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

She and Xinyan will get added to the standard banner. This is probably the case with all new 4*s

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
jesus christ am I really supposed to grind out 10 Hurricane Seeds for the windcatcher? That's a whole lotta resin. Is it worth it (if I don't have Venti)?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I've gotten everything without Venti or a windcatcher... so probably not? If it's reusable like the treasure finder and generates a huge draft it'd probably be sweet for stuff like making the stonegate climb less annoying. If it's just a pocket venti skill I have nfi what you'd use it for.

Unrelated - I know Diluc is good but being forced to regrind a separate carry from the ground up just to farm his set seems... excessive. I guess I'd have to grind up Xiangling for abyss (I haven't pulled any other decent carries) anyway but it'll suck hanging back on my main progression for a few weeks to grind her up to 80. :/

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

All Geoculi get :toot: Took me long enough.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ashenai posted:

jesus christ am I really supposed to grind out 10 Hurricane Seeds for the windcatcher? That's a whole lotta resin. Is it worth it (if I don't have Venti)?
You can just wait until AR50. Apparently you'll have loads of extra boss mats at that point because you collect the boss mats you need much faster than the crystals.

I wouldn't bother if I didn't have an anemo I was ascending though.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

moush posted:

Extremely bold of them to assume I have anything to save considering I've only had one of those drop from the bosses in the whole time I've been playing

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Mailer posted:

I've gotten everything without Venti or a windcatcher... so probably not? If it's reusable like the treasure finder and generates a huge draft it'd probably be sweet for stuff like making the stonegate climb less annoying. If it's just a pocket venti skill I have nfi what you'd use it for.

Unrelated - I know Diluc is good but being forced to regrind a separate carry from the ground up just to farm his set seems... excessive. I guess I'd have to grind up Xiangling for abyss (I haven't pulled any other decent carries) anyway but it'll suck hanging back on my main progression for a few weeks to grind her up to 80. :/

just do coop and bring a relevant support

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Xiangling is pyro as well, I don't think she'll do much better than Diluc in the witch domain.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Ashenai posted:

There's a rumour it can break which is fuckin stupid if true but also there were rumours of chests respawning

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

bandaid.friend posted:

There's a rumour it can break which is fuckin stupid if true but also there were rumours of chests respawning

I doubt it can break when you have to pick up those little wind fucks to even get charges on it.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Wait, is there zero chance I can get a Venti unless he comes up on a banner?

I didn't realize he was limited.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Saxophone posted:

Wait, is there zero chance I can get a Venti unless he comes up on a banner?

I didn't realize he was limited.

Yep, there's currently no way to get him.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is Rust or Compound Bow better for physical main DPS Fischl?

I’m AR 43 and I pulled Rust last night! I instantly leveled it to 50 but I ran out of stones and need to wait for Monday to farm. That gave me time to think about it it was actually worth the resources.

I use glad/bloodstained chivalry (in theory anyways; 700ish resin I have no useable bloodstain pieces) and I’m c2.

Any thoughts? Rust hits harder but compound turns Fischl into a machine gunner. Both are r1 but there’s chances every week for compound to refine up.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

just do coop

I'm more than a little paranoid, with the recent bunch of compromised accounts spiking during a co-op event, of actually joining people. I'd also wonder how many groups in there are just 4* Barbaras joining and quitting endlessly. :v:

No Wave posted:

Xiangling is pyro as well, I don't think she'll do much better than Diluc in the witch domain.

Xiangling is a member of the Stab element. Diluc may be a monster, but once you remove all fire he's a kitten. If I had a Razor or a physical Keqing it wouldn't be an issue. Of course if I wasn't pyro I wouldn't be joining to begin with, so that's kind of moot. Closest I've gotten was about 5s off killing the mage in the end but I just need more physical to gap fill killing the slimes.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Ashenai posted:

Yep, there's currently no way to get him.

This definitely makes me feel like saving until next banner then. I mean, a Diluc would be cool, but I feel kinda eh about a C1 Childe. It's fine, I mean, just I'd rather have another 5*.

I'm not brave enough to pull on the weapon banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Would linking the account to an Apple ID/signing into the account from an Apple ID make it less susceptible to getting hacked/taken away?