Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You play the role of a bank account for EA to empty out over time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

I said come in! posted:

Bill Gates took my xbox series x order and used the money to buy crack, so now im not getting my xbox.

At least he didn't forcibly vaccinate you.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

still cracking up thinking about the little gacha dances the FIFA Ultimate Team footballers do when you open up their five star card packs. it's 2020 and all games are one game

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I want a venn diagram of hardcore gamers and anti vaxxers.

Battlefield 4 still had populated servers and is still an amazing game, way better than bf5 IMO. Hope bf6 is more like this

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Series x at best buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-series-x-1tb-console-black/6428324.p?skuId=6428324

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How has Best Buy been about actually shipping out the Xboxs they sell?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Went for the best buy and it has a pickup date for the 2nd. Won’t cancel the Microsoft.com order until I know for sure it’ll be there

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lg c9 and cx owners,
Theres some problem with your tv's screen in vrr mode that you can test in gears 5 @120fps
Washes out the black level supposedly. Might be worth returning the tv if unlocked 120fps target gaming was a big deal for you cause it sounds like a software patch cant fix it
https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/11/27/lg-oled-tvs-suffer-from-unfixable-gamma-shift-when-variable-refresh-rate-is-enabled/

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Thanks goon! Was worried I spent all my luck getting the gamestop bundle from a few days ago as a gift.

hatty posted:

Went for the best buy and it has a pickup date for the 2nd. Won’t cancel the Microsoft.com order until I know for sure it’ll be there

Same here - seems a pretty speedy option (if the window doesn't slip)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Sleng Teng posted:

Thanks goon! Was worried I spent all my luck getting the gamestop bundle from a few days ago as a gift.

No problem buddy. :respek:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got an xbox ordered, their website orders are for pickup only. I can go claim mine on December 3rd. :toot: gently caress you Microsoft store.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Ordered an Xbox s from Best Buy. Will be here Thursday!

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I kinda prefer the Walmart system because at least I know within like 30 seconds that I'm not getting one.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
drat. Another drop missed. Kept mashing the 'Add to Cart' button but it never added until finally it was just sold out.

Between this and new GPUs, never in my life have I tried so hard to blow so much money with such futility.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

Lg c9 and cx owners,
Theres some problem with your tv's screen in vrr mode that you can test in gears 5 @120fps
Washes out the black level supposedly. Might be worth returning the tv if unlocked 120fps target gaming was a big deal for you cause it sounds like a software patch cant fix it
https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/11/27/lg-oled-tvs-suffer-from-unfixable-gamma-shift-when-variable-refresh-rate-is-enabled/

loving hell. Despite lower HDMI bandwidth and dropped support for DTS-HD decoding the CX at least had 40-120 VRR going for it, now it seems it's a downgrade from the C9 all around

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
so many insane people itt who looked at the original rushes to get an order through and said "yeah actually I'm interested in doing that again"

me personally, I'll just save my F5 key or left mouse button the hassle and wait the four weeks for my MS order lol. I'm very confident it will ship before the 23rd

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

barnold posted:

so many insane people itt who looked at the original rushes to get an order through and said "yeah actually I'm interested in doing that again"

me personally, I'll just save my F5 key or left mouse button the hassle and wait the four weeks for my MS order lol. I'm very confident it will ship before the 23rd

I just clicked a link and it was yellow and it went in my cart

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Sleng Teng posted:

I just clicked a link and it was yellow and it went in my cart

:hfive: this was my experience too, on the MS store. although I did try to get into that initial Walmart restock and failed, c'est la vie

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Rad Valtar posted:

What's wrong with Halo Infinite is that it's made by 343 studios which is full of poo poo developers and run by Bonnie Ross.

I disagree. Halo 4 was a great entry into the series. Easily one of the most technically impressive games on the 360/PS3 generation and they provided solid singleplayer and multiplayer offerings. The only criticism I have is that they chose to dedicate a lot of resources to the co-op Spartan Ops (or whatever it's called) mode rather than just giving players firefight.

I haven't played Halo 5 but apparently the singleplayer is so-so (not enough Master Chief is what I heard?) and the multiplayer is just... a mess? Halo 4 and games before it did a good job of providing multiplayer modes for standard PvP and then big team battle with vehicles. With Halo 5 they changed this and provided the standard spartan vs. spartan PvP but didn't have enough maps or enough visual variety (which is odd given how well Halo 4 did in this area) and rather than big team battle they added this weird Warzone mode which is kind of a mix of that and firefight? I think they had good intentions with trying to innovate but I think that was a misstep. They did a lot with Halo 5 from the looks of things and by all accounts it appears the core gameplay (movement and feel etc.) was improved dramatically and they really nailed it (even Bungie started copying aspects of it for Destiny 2 e.g. mantling) because people seem to love how it feels - but they just botched the modes and content for said modes. They've been leaning too heavily on Forge creations as well.

It seems they're catering to cries for a return-to-roots for Halo Infinite (I've yet to see someone ask for it but they say that's their reason) and while it looks like they're trying for something really impressive with level size and scale, I think they're doing more than they really need to and that a more traditional game with all the bells & whistles of next gen would have been a wiser choice, enabled them to hit their launch target and a return to the co-op and multiplayer that people want would be terrific. What we've seen thus far of Infinite actually looks worse than Halo 4, imo, which isn't too surprising given the scale but for a launch title I would have focused on something traditional rather than attempting to be revolutionary.

343 has talent (just ask Naughty Dog, they were very eager to hire some who worked on Halo 4 and give them senior roles) and can absolutely nail core gameplay as we've seen with their additions in Halo 5, but with Halo Infinite it's clear they've tried to go far too big and while alone that's a poor idea for a launch title, attempting to do so while also working on The Master Chief Collection (the continued updates and PC ports etc.) is incredibly foolish. Honestly, if they were tasked with "Just have something like Halo 4 with a few more set pieces and extra multiplayer/co-op content ready for launch" I'm sure they would have delivered. Who knows what/when will happen with Halo Infinite, though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Doesn't help that they gotta make sure Halo Infinite can also run on Xboxes released in 2013.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Maybe you should play halo 5 before posting about how great it is

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

halo infinite doesn't just have to run on an xbone, it has to run 1080p60 and have full gameplay parity with next gen. its a huge anchor on their necks. they should slash the gently caress out of the resolution and fps on last gen and give themselves some room to do more interesting poo poo with more exciting effects.
the sony cross gen games like sackboy and miles have basically done that. delivering decently next gen performing games to ps5 and slashed to hell ps4 versions at 30fps with way worse effects etc but they had a much easier road since they don't need to have multiplayer parity, didn't waste 3 years making a game before being delayed for a new console, and didn't talk up a play anywhere hardware agnostic philosophy all year creating expectation in the last gen audience of a high performance product.
instead jim ryan just surprise revealed his egregious lying by omission that there were last gen downgrade ports and torpedo'd his credibility but whatever.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

SUNKOS posted:

I disagree. Halo 4 was a great entry into the series. Easily one of the most technically impressive games on the 360/PS3 generation and they provided solid singleplayer and multiplayer offerings. The only criticism I have is that they chose to dedicate a lot of resources to the co-op Spartan Ops (or whatever it's called) mode rather than just giving players firefight.

I haven't played Halo 5 but apparently the singleplayer is so-so (not enough Master Chief is what I heard?) and the multiplayer is just... a mess? Halo 4 and games before it did a good job of providing multiplayer modes for standard PvP and then big team battle with vehicles. With Halo 5 they changed this and provided the standard spartan vs. spartan PvP but didn't have enough maps or enough visual variety (which is odd given how well Halo 4 did in this area) and rather than big team battle they added this weird Warzone mode which is kind of a mix of that and firefight? I think they had good intentions with trying to innovate but I think that was a misstep. They did a lot with Halo 5 from the looks of things and by all accounts it appears the core gameplay (movement and feel etc.) was improved dramatically and they really nailed it (even Bungie started copying aspects of it for Destiny 2 e.g. mantling) because people seem to love how it feels - but they just botched the modes and content for said modes. They've been leaning too heavily on Forge creations as well.

It seems they're catering to cries for a return-to-roots for Halo Infinite (I've yet to see someone ask for it but they say that's their reason) and while it looks like they're trying for something really impressive with level size and scale, I think they're doing more than they really need to and that a more traditional game with all the bells & whistles of next gen would have been a wiser choice, enabled them to hit their launch target and a return to the co-op and multiplayer that people want would be terrific. What we've seen thus far of Infinite actually looks worse than Halo 4, imo, which isn't too surprising given the scale but for a launch title I would have focused on something traditional rather than attempting to be revolutionary.

343 has talent (just ask Naughty Dog, they were very eager to hire some who worked on Halo 4 and give them senior roles) and can absolutely nail core gameplay as we've seen with their additions in Halo 5, but with Halo Infinite it's clear they've tried to go far too big and while alone that's a poor idea for a launch title, attempting to do so while also working on The Master Chief Collection (the continued updates and PC ports etc.) is incredibly foolish. Honestly, if they were tasked with "Just have something like Halo 4 with a few more set pieces and extra multiplayer/co-op content ready for launch" I'm sure they would have delivered. Who knows what/when will happen with Halo Infinite, though.

Halo 4 was so bland. It felt like a fan game. That's the biggest issue with 343. They have no real vision or original thought.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cancel Halo Infinite and bury the franchise imo.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I have actually played 4 and 5 and they are both gut wrenchingly bad in both mp and sp. 4 was at least sort of playable in the same fashion as some sp focussed series that feel like someone required them to tack on online mp and they overachieved (like the mass effect horde modes or something). Both sp games are disappointingly straightforward and tactically boring for a series where those two things are supposed to be the standouts. Both mp modes feel like fan mods of a cancelled game that's doing its best to approximate the original. 4 had a few maps. 5 is just a big nothingburger.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
343 absolutely Thelma & Louise'd Xboxes flagship series and there's really no other way of looking at it until infinite comes out.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

343 absolutely Thelma & Louise'd Xboxes flagship series and there's really no other way of looking at it until infinite comes out.
I'm not sure what's worse...that 343 did it, or that MS has allowed them to keep loving up all the time with their biggest IP

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think they know halo has lost some cache. A lot of xbox promotional material now has chief on the side opposite gow guy with senua in the middle.

Because what could go wrong when you buy an indie ip with simple combat, a single type of basic puzzle, and a tight story and try to bloat it up into a platform flagship.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Halo 4 held my attention for a day or two and I have a certain fondness for it, but it's really, really not a good game.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

In Ninja Theory's defense, they've done games with a much larger scope before. I don't really know what to expect from this sequel. It's still being made by a relatively small team.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm not sure what's worse...that 343 did it, or that MS has allowed them to keep loving up all the time with their biggest IP

Idk what the alternative would be for them. If they could buy their way into a decent halo dev team they'd have done it by now.

What they really needed was for MCC to be an out of the park homerun so 343 could "when it's done" H4 and spend whatever time required to get right.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ErrEff posted:

In Ninja Theory's defense, they've done games with a much larger scope before. I don't really know what to expect from this sequel. It's still being made by a relatively small team.

Yeah i think senua 2 is a very interesting project to follow with a lot of hurdles the team needs to clear.
Its the first game made for ue5 after all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's weird to watch Halo go from being the whole reason why Xbox survived its first generation, to no longer being relevant and all of the focus being on what people wish the series was.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

Lg c9 and cx owners,

Noice, mine arrives on Tuesday and cost almost 4,000 dollarydoos. Washed out shadows sucks but isn't really a huge deal is it?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

You're paying 4K for a compromised 4K experience.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Noice, mine arrives on Tuesday and cost almost 4,000 dollarydoos. Washed out shadows sucks but isn't really a huge deal is it?

4000 bucks! Is that the 77" one?

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Do the original Xbone controllers (launch edition + a year or so after) proprietary wireless controllers work on Series consoles?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
All the controllers use that to connect to the console. The Bluetooth is just for connecting to phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Cojawfee posted:

All the controllers use that to connect to the console. The Bluetooth is just for connecting to phones.

Or PCs.