Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

baba booey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I’m pretty sure he once said something along the lines of “I’m not a pussy okay, I listen to The Who”

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Ralph Hurley posted:

Artie, whose idea of good music is the most basic white boomer rock imaginable.

This is 98% of the the Sirius channels to me.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Ralph Hurley posted:

Artie, whose idea of good music is the most basic white boomer rock imaginable.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Also, "Budapest Gambit" is an awful band name.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

Its hard to believe that a guy known as "da bad rear end" would listen to such wimpy music.

My favorite part of this is how they intentionally called him "daba" instead of the da bad rear end.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
He claimed his nickname was "Cheesy Da Badass" and he shortened it to "daba" for screen names.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Beet is always the champ.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
"Who, Me?"

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
just finished listening to the full 8hr "Sal 143" bit from the todd packer collection for the first time. jesus loving christ Christine is so goddamn stupid, her and Sal are just absolutely perfect for each other. unstoppable force meets immovable object. no wonder they've managed to stay together after all this time. I only ever heard clips of her talking but the full segment with Keith Ablow is mindblowing

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Keith Ah-buh-low.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Happy December, Goons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1oBHi4nqmY

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Good morning folks and a very pleasant TOOOOOZZZZZDAAAAAYYYY

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
What's your first item puuuuuuuuhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzze

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"WHAT WE NEED IS THE GRACE AND MERRRRCY, UNDIVIIIIIIIIIIDED.... ON A <something> CROOOOOOOOOOSSSSS"

"Well, I tell ya, that was... a reaaaaaal surprise!"

Edit: "Baaaart... Got a deal ya can't miss..."

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Good bless you. And god bless Marconi for inventing radio so we can listen to tradio. And god bless the company that made my walker, it's a good walker. And god bless America. And god bless my doctor. And god bless Alexander Graham Bell for inventing the telephone so I can call you. And god bless tradio for letting me sell my items.............

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Good bless you. And god bless Marconi for inventing radio so we can listen to tradio. And god bless the company that made my walker, it's a good walker. And god bless America. And god bless my doctor. And god bless Alexander Graham Bell for inventing the telephone so I can call you. And god bless tradio for letting me sell my items.............

And God bless God. You still there, Jack?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

drat, nice early Dec snipe with the best HS song ever made

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Miley Cyrus is on again. Her voice irritates the gently caress out of me.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
howard schturn

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Hey heas' anotha Ronnie the limo dryva SEX TIP!!
If ya Jewish and celebrate Hanukkah this yeeeah, instead of using regular candles on the Menorah, use candles shaped like dicks. Then every day you use a different candle on ya goil's TWAT like a dildo. She'll cum like the MOON!!

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Sal's family is so screwy that his mother sued his sister on the People's Court.

https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/jsx2t8/was_that_sals_mom_and_sister_in_peoples_court/

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

What what WHAT?
I only heard a bit of "sal's family on the people's court" because I figured it was a made up bit like everything else that seems to be on the show these days, like "Z" the trans person who calls in to berate them, or "Hey, we have (fake 'person who is relevant to whatever discussion') on the phone and whatnot.

So was that actually real?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

wesleywillis posted:

Hey heas' anotha Ronnie the limo dryva SEX TIP!!
If ya Jewish and celebrate Hanukkah this yeeeah, instead of using regular candles on the Menorah, use candles shaped like dicks. Then every day you use a different candle on ya goil's TWAT like a dildo. She'll cum like the MOON!!

Thanks for these, I love them!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Was this covered on the show? I'm still a few weeks behind.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Riley, what did the doctor tell you?

Huh?

What diagnosis did the doctor give you?

Uhhhhh..... Huh?

Sy Borg
Sep 20, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Howard announced that he extended his contract for an additional five years, so the thread title still applies.

https://investor.siriusxm.com/inves...XM/default.aspx

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sy Borg posted:

Howard announced that he extended his contract for an additional five years, so the thread title still applies.

While I truly do love this thread, and happy 10 year anniversary (or thereabouts) to Sal being super pranked on, whyyyyyyyyy?

Anyway, here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO0Xhm4KT90

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Yeah, I was ready to let go. But I wouldn't mind 2 hours a week or something.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Well, let's celebrate the show a bit...

Whether it's Tradio, Public Access, or just regular calls, what's your favourite (or maybe top 3) Richard and Sal phone bits?

I'd probably say:

1. Hugs for Harlem - Ball-busting at Level Red
2. Richard's super useful barometer
3. Sour Shoes vs Steve Langford

Honourable mention to "dropping huge loads... of dirt" and of course, the Mike Walker fart, though I wasn't really thinking of that kind of bit, that doesn't involve broadcasters trying to deal with the guys.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 8, 2020

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
1) The call to Riley Martin; "Keep talking, I'm stroking my hydrogen rod". Also "This is Javier the gay alien".
2) Talkin' Baseball Pokemon call. "Squirtle is myyyy faaavorite Pokemon"
3) The Tradeo call where he lost his "gently caress books" on the highway

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

1) "My first item is an item.....my second item....well, it's also an item"
2) "Just wanted to know what you think of HI YOU'RE ON THE AIR!!! Suck a dick ya fucker!"
3) "Well down here we have a little thing called Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms..."

okay well neither richard or sal said the third thing but it's a tradio line I can never seem to stop thinking about. I really wanted to know what the ATF was going to do about richard making crank calls

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Sy Borg posted:

Ummmmmmm okay then. :geno:

edit: starting to give me Simpsons vibes

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Sy Borg posted:

quote:

Howard Stern has never been bigger.
uhhhhh....huh?

quote:

Like Sonny and Cher, Captain and Tennille, Charles Manson and Squeaky Fromme,
lol wow. Does anyone under 30 know who those people are?

quote:

As a proud member of Bachelor Nation
fuckin hell

quote:

As the leading audio entertainment company,..
really?

Does anyone else feel like Sirius was the hold out deal? I bet he sniffed around Spotify or similar.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Five more years? Five? Jesus.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

kylej posted:

Five more years? Five? Jesus.

Seriously, that's a lot of ETM- & Riley-free years.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, I am definitely surprised to hear 5 more. I was thinking 3 tops, especially with the lack of remaining whack packers and Ronnie leaving. I'm curious what the terms are. Given that they are licensing old shows for 7 years, I assume Howard is going to definitively say this is his last contract. He will be 71 when this contract ends.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
It feels like Ronnie has been 71 for like 12 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Lifespan posted:

He will be 71 when this contract ends.

I really think the political stuff will get bad now