Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

in my headcannon galuf is from a family of uncontrollable berserkers so he and his granddaughter share an unquenchable thirst for battle

in my headcannon you chug big turds behind the citgo on the reg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

i played the translation of ff5 included in the official snes everdrive pack but it was only 80% translated and gilgamesh talked like: 23#$%#(!^

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Frenz posted:

i played the translation of ff5 included in the official snes everdrive pack but it was only 80% translated and gilgamesh talked like: 23#$%#(!^

those were just transcriptions of his song.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Who is galf?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Who is galf?

For years you've been asking,

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Fungah! posted:

these spinoff are getting weird

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tangentially related to FF

https://twitter.com/squareenix/status/1332670577774096386?s=21

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hell yeah.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Can't wait to grind in Bio Research Lab for 30 hours...in HD.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gently caress YEAH

guessng the new protagonist is the partially finished bard chapter that was supposed to tie everything together. if so, that's big epic

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It's Fuse, the special agent character that was supposed to have his own episode in the original release.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

wait my b, the last chapter was supposed to be about Fuse and IRPO. theres some details here but the game was like 80% finished and if theyre finishing it that's pretty fuckin win: https://tcrf.net/SaGa_Frontier

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I've never beaten all the character's stories on the same system data but I've done them all at some point. The real question is are they fixing the glitches that let you get infinite credits.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

I've never beaten all the character's stories on the same system data but I've done them all at some point. The real question is are they fixing the glitches that let you get infinite credits.

the only one ive never finished is asellus because my memory card corrupted near the end of her scenario. guessing shes getting most of the cutscenes, her scenario's pretty story heavy so that'll be a cool replay

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

congrats to Boco and Coco on their marriage.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tetsuya nomura is insane lol. anyone else would hve said in an interview that a remake of a game woupd be different or not had the balls to change anything, he tells you the whole worlds changed by having you fight a gazillion foot tall incarnation of fate made out of robed ghosts. no fuckin clue where this is going but im on board

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Supposedly this isn’t the regular sephiroth this is a sephiroth who knows he loses to your ragtag gang eventually so is taking a more hands on approach to annihilating the universe it rocks

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The last chapter is a bit over the top but as a concept and how the game moves forward after this it's really cool.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Supposedly this isn’t the regular sephiroth this is a sephiroth who knows he loses to your ragtag gang eventually so is taking a more hands on approach to annihilating the universe it rocks

yeah it certainly seems that way nd if thats the case i'm 100% down, especially since aeris is also kind of acting like she knows whats going on. i really hope this is the template they use going forward, where it's like half the same or similar beats and then half big changes. i really liked how over the top it got too, ff7 is surprisingly grounded for a game about evil space aliens and magic and poo poo and the remake going nuts for a bit is a good way to set itself apart

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah it owns, really makes me excited for episode two and where it’s gonna go

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i also just love the way it played, it made final fantasy feel hard again but mostly not bullshit or frustrating hard, just like "oh, poo poo, i actually lost to the hell house boss" hard. i still gotta get back to play through the rest of hard mode at some point. not sure how they're going to handle the second part in terms of porting over materia and stuff, though. it's gonna feel weird if you walk into kalm with bahamut, the power creep will start to get a little bonkers pretty fast.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
gimme crisis core hd

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Bicyclops posted:

i also just love the way it played, it made final fantasy feel hard again but mostly not bullshit or frustrating hard, just like "oh, poo poo, i actually lost to the hell house boss" hard. i still gotta get back to play through the rest of hard mode at some point. not sure how they're going to handle the second part in terms of porting over materia and stuff, though. it's gonna feel weird if you walk into kalm with bahamut, the power creep will start to get a little bonkers pretty fast.

it's ff7, bahamut is the "fire" of bahamut based spells in that game remember?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I dont want to play cris core but i do want to see gackt perform all of loveless and he has to change voices and costumes fir all the partz

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they figured out how to make a remake of FF7 and have ppl still worry whether or not aerith is going to die, pretty remarkable job pulling that off

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Cloud will die instead

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

they figured out how to make a remake of FF7 and have ppl still worry whether or not aerith is going to die, pretty remarkable job pulling that off

her voice actor got like really into it a d does cosplay and stuff, she's going to be sad if she dies.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
who cares remake tifa >>>>>>> remake aerith

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

bump_fn posted:

who cares remake tifa >>>>>>> remake aerith

Seriously do NOT start this poo poo in what is generally a pretty chill tread.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i realized i haven’t replayed ff9 in ages - is the pc port functional or should i just emulate it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

bump_fn posted:

i realized i haven’t replayed ff9 in ages - is the pc port functional or should i just emulate it?

its good, give square enix your money you degenerate