Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Is there a way to change jobs in Sotembori?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Fat Samurai posted:

As far as I can tell, you can only change jobs at Hello Work, so no.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

Not that I've found, but you can taxi back to Ijincho to do it. That fact is amusing to me because that's like a 6 hour drive.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I found it annoying as poo poo to have to run back to a taxi to go change up jobs whilst grinding in the other areas until I realised 60 hours in that you can taxi from anywhere using your smartphone.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

I found it annoying as poo poo to have to run back to a taxi to go change up jobs whilst grinding in the other areas until I realised 60 hours in that you can taxi from anywhere using your smartphone.

:doh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wtf

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

WHAT

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's the little yellow car app

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah my eyes clearly just slid right off it every time I opened my phone up until the one time I went “huh, I wonder” and there it was.

Hours of taxi running wasted.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Holy gently caress, I feel so stupid

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Holy gently caress, I feel so stupid

I think we all do

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
is there any point at all to playing the slot machines?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ok so for the big final boss so is there any way to block or dodge the instant kill God hand attack or is it just assuming I'll have the one accessory I need to survive that hit? also does it happen multiple times?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I Before E posted:

Ok so for the big final boss so is there any way to block or dodge the instant kill God hand attack or is it just assuming I'll have the one accessory I need to survive that hit? also does it happen multiple times?

The skills to nullify being killed outright by an attack or that accessory, apparently.

Otherwise no, and yes he can do it as many times as he wants, lol.

grate deceiver posted:

is there any point at all to playing the slot machines?

Someone worked really hard on those

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I Before E posted:

at Hero level 16 you got Peerless Resolve, which negates the next instakill against Ichiban

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The skills to nullify being killed outright by an attack or that accessory, apparently.

Otherwise no, and yes he can do it as many times as he wants, lol.

Man this fuckin sucks, now I'll have to go look up the ending on YouTube

Hwurmp posted:

at Hero level 16 you got Peerless Resolve, which negates the next instakill against Ichiban

Wait, that's what that does?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

I Before E posted:

Man this fuckin sucks, now I'll have to go look up the ending on YouTube

Wait, that's what that does?

It prevents the next attack that will kill you, instead putting you at low hp, whether the attack is an instakill or plain damage. The buff lasts until used. Adachi's detective class has a similar ability but it is not shared with his other jobs.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Look at Mr. Big-Spender here, flaunting their ability to pay an extra 400 yen per ride.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Mr Masochist also provides a "survive a kill" ability I think, or at least severely reduces incoming damage. Your poundmates are there to save the day.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

It's worth noting that the phone taxi acts differently than actually going up to and using a taxi for the purposes of resetting state in the game. For example, honk-honk NPCs won't reset normally if you use your phone to taxi away, you actually need to walk up to and use a taxi to get them to despawn/respawn/reset.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

For example, honk-honk NPCs won't reset normally if you use your phone to taxi away, you actually need to walk up to and use a taxi to get them to despawn/respawn/reset.

and now it is my turn to feel dumb

at least I can finally get my honks honked as I deserve

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
How good is the minister gear? Is it better to get a boat to fire, ice, and electrical test from the minister hat, or +29 magic from my fable hat?

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

SettingSun posted:

Not that I've found, but you can taxi back to Ijincho to do it. That fact is amusing to me because that's like a 6 hour drive.

You're taxiing to the train station! That's why, in Ijincho at least, it always spawns you at that center taxi nearby the train station.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is there any place where Killboards spawn besides the parking lot in the Ijincho red light district? I can only ever get Invulnera-Billboards there.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

honk-honk NPCs

the gently caress's a "honk-honk NPC"

i've done almost every substory and am about to go finish the main plot, i haven't seen any of those

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://youtu.be/6YIqdR5GYdw

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Oh boy, the game crashed during the final boss fight or maybe penultimate boss fight. (it was Tendo).. Good thing the game doesn't give you any saves during the finale, so you have to do the entire thing all over again.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really like that they brought back Japanese Cheers side thing from 6.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Funniest part of this game so far is during Nanba's second Drink Link when the boss says that the Legend Malt was for his dead lover. Nanba's expression after that was amazing.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The Freelancer class is kinda underwhelming but drat do I love just bare knuckle brawling everyone and everything.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
hello I would also like to know wtf is a honkhonk

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Ytlaya posted:

Funniest part of this game so far is during Nanba's second Drink Link when the boss says that the Legend Malt was for his dead lover. Nanba's expression after that was amazing.

That had me absolutely roaring with laughter, theres been a lot of funny stuff in the game, but thats probably one of my favourites so far.

grate deceiver posted:

hello I would also like to know wtf is a honkhonk

The mere fact you call it that tells me you arent ready.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Game needs a low-MP trash sweeper move for every class if it wants to have this many random encounters. Make it scale with level difference or something, or scale up towards the end. It’s a great game but I hate when I have a high AGI guy in my party and it means the enemies can scatter before I can just delete them with an AOE.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

all moves are low-MP moves if you level enough

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Can you re-honk the honk honks in new game+?

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Instant Grat posted:

the gently caress's a "honk-honk NPC"

i've done almost every substory and am about to go finish the main plot, i haven't seen any of those

They are NPCs that'll spawn in various locations in the overworld across every city, five in total, that you can pay to fully restore your HP/MP and give a bit of exp to a variety of personality stats. You can only do this once every time they spawn, and they'll despawn (or even respawn again) every time you walk up to and use a taxi (they will not do this if you use your phone to taxi away). Using each one of them once will net you an achievement if you care about that sort of thing.

They also happen to be a reference to the puff puff NPCs found in various Dragon Quest games, and have a similarly lewd implication/fade out every time you use them.

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Can you re-honk the honk honks in new game+?

You can make them respawn multiple times in any given playthrough. Great for leveling up your personality stats if you've got the money/patience for it and you otherwise don't want to grind your personality stats through minigames or other means.

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 29, 2020

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I just wanted to say, "re-honk the honk honks." At least I've learned something. I hadn't realized that multi-honk combos were in the game!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Game needs a low-MP trash sweeper move for every class if it wants to have this many random encounters. Make it scale with level difference or something, or scale up towards the end. It’s a great game but I hate when I have a high AGI guy in my party and it means the enemies can scatter before I can just delete them with an AOE.

Shield Bash has worked pretty consistently for this purpose for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

SettingSun posted:

The Freelancer class is kinda underwhelming but drat do I love just bare knuckle brawling everyone and everything.

The Freelancer job giving Ichiban a german suplex to use at anytime is an amazing tool to finish off a boss.