Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elviscat posted:

Where are you from that you refer to it as shaky cheese? Is that a regional thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCR_xdSuhjA

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 15:43 on Nov 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Brawnfire posted:

I'm in Upstate NY and I've definitely called it and heard it called "shaky cheese" or "shaky parm"

Must be an Albany expression? :confused?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Should have dumped them in the trash where they belong.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Iron Crowned posted:

EAT THE FLOOR EGGS!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

These two are almost certainly like that on purpose, because they’re made from the Thompson’s Turkey recipe.

I made this recipe once. It was a pain in the rear end, there wasn’t any turkey skin :( , and the turkey itself was just okay.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

That's not cheese, it's kitchen counter cleaner.

Locatelli or frig off

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Nov 27, 2020

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

You know, I would probably try a pizza that marketed itself as the perfect food for curling up on the couch while cramping and bleeding.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is this some sort of gay swinger's party?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I mean, that's basically just poverty Ambrosia Salad. The ingredients sound fine even if the presentation makes it look like melting Spam.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I can't quite tell if that sort of thing is less offensive served scooped from a bowl or sliced from a loaf.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

AlbieQuirky posted:

These two are almost certainly like that on purpose, because they’re made from the Thompson’s Turkey recipe.

I made this recipe once. It was a pain in the rear end, there wasn’t any turkey skin :( , and the turkey itself was just okay.

I've always thought the Thompson Turkey just has too many things going on, like some of the ingredients are just canceling each other out. Also it looks like the devil cooked it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Iron Crowned posted:

Deviled eggs suck. There, I said it. Egg yolks are only good if they are runny with plenty of good buttered bread to sop them up. Or over rice. Or dropped into soups. Or any sort of neutral thing that is benefited by their richness, but not overpowered by it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

empty sea posted:

Deviled eggs suck. There, I said it. Egg yolks are only good if they are runny with plenty of good buttered bread to sop them up. Or over rice. Or dropped into soups. Or any sort of neutral thing that is benefited by their richness, but not overpowered by it.

It's ok to have bad opinions like this itt

You're safe here

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
This Twitter account was linked in a Discord I'm in and it's a good mix of Italians getting irrationally angry at normal food and food abominations everyone should be angry at, like these:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ItalianComments/status/1332266452578152448

https://mobile.twitter.com/ItalianComments/status/1331744552588353540

https://mobile.twitter.com/ItalianComments/status/1327970584836395013

Mr.Radar has a new favorite as of 07:17 on Nov 28, 2020

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Is this some sort of gay swinger's party?

It was an art project. I think the same person did another one for Christmas.

Also, is there a reason the dipshit crypto-fascist Lolbertarian grating cheese over his food is supposed to own the libs? The right has become such a cult it's practically self-parody at this point.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think grated cheese on fish is a bit weird but god only knows what paul's thought process is about anything, he's on the brain foss, he's operating on a higher level of consciousness, it could be because the reticulans have told him the path to enlightenment lies in dairy for all we know.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Also, is there a reason the dipshit crypto-fascist Lolbertarian grating cheese over his food is supposed to own the libs? The right has become such a cult it's practically self-parody at this point.

Make America grate again?

Nazis always appropriate the strangest drat things. See also the swastika, ????-1930

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

without hesitation

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1332757029228867585?s=20

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Joke's on them, I already hid my small sweet pickle.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Hide the pickle comes at the end of the 70's dinner party, or at least after keys are exchanged.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

:gooncamp:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

This looks pretty good tbh.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Mymla posted:

This looks pretty good tbh.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sweet pickles are a crime against god.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

for real, like I've never seen anyone eat them, I have no clue why they even exist, other than for my dumb rear end to accidentally buy them and hate my life.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That is why we hide them in our luncheon meat tents, where god cannot see our small sweet sins

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

CaptainSarcastic posted:

youre

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I love sweet things, generally speaking

I love pickled cucumbers, generally speaking

Sweet pickles are loving terrible though

Half-sours are the best cucumber treatment

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dill or GTFO.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

As a kid there were a few things that would be major gotchas for me when I'd be eating over at a friend's house. Like I thought I was being served normal food, then I'd taste it and realize it was some nightmare version of what I expected.

Sweet pickles were a good example of this.

Miracle Whip was a close second.

Margarine I learned to tolerate but that took some time.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

As a kid there were a few things that would be major gotchas for me when I'd be eating over at a friend's house. Like I thought I was being served normal food, then I'd taste it and realize it was some nightmare version of what I expected.

Sweet pickles were a good example of this.

Miracle Whip was a close second.

Margarine I learned to tolerate but that took some time.

One that's firmly etched into my memory: sleeping over at a friend's house and finding out their family puts melted Country Crock margarine (aka that stuff in the giant tub) on their popcorn :barf:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I remember feeling mildly trolled by Cool Whip when I thought it was whipped cream, but it wasn't as bad as the other things.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

flesh dance posted:

One that's firmly etched into my memory: sleeping over at a friend's house and finding out their family puts melted Country Crock margarine (aka that stuff in the giant tub) on their popcorn :barf:

My family does that (not that specific brand necessarily, but margarine - their argument is they are trying to be healthy). It's not horrible but it kind of just makes the popcorn soggy. Only positive thing about it is it makes salt adhere to the popcorn better.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

flesh dance posted:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I grew up in the early 90s in the midwest with miracle whip, cool whip, margarine, all the garbage. But that batch of popcorn was a loving bridge too far. And yeah, it was indeed weirdly soggy

SO many of those containers repurposed around the house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

for real, like I've never seen anyone eat them, I have no clue why they even exist, other than for my dumb rear end to accidentally buy them and hate my life.

i love them and i am eating some right now